• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Really Needing Your Prayer

Hi Everyone,

I'd first love to thank each and every one of you who read this, even if you may not post I still love you for giving me your time and attention. Please know that I appreciate and thank you for everything, for the prayers that go silent out of humility or those who speak kind words to me in this thread, thank you...

I've always been a bit stubborn and prideful, though I know God hates pride so much, to ask for prayer and support. I'm always the one that supports others, puts on a strong face and holds the fort down while others rest easy so this is really hard for me but I shall give this a try.

I ask for prayer in guidance, for at times I find myself so lost; I ask for prayer that I may step up in a leadership role, for I feel as though God needs me to do so; I ask for prayer for peace, I haven't been happy nor stress-free in a very long time; I don't know how to exactly word it, but I ask for your prayer that I find sustainable friendship, for I have no quality friends who I can turn to in my hour of need... I honestly just ask for your prayer.

I've had a rough outing the last couple of years, really the last 5+ years. My faith has dwindled at times even though God has spoken to me. I've had my education almost taken away from me; Relationships end with me being cheated on, hurt, or disrespected in so many ways; And countless other hurtful endeavors. I know I'm no different than you, my brothers and sisters. We all struggle, some of you way worse than me. That's partially why I chose not to make a list of all the things that afflict me, I know I'm not the only one hurting. I just never speak because no one ever gives me the opportunity to speak and I felt as though I should vent a tad so you'd understand. I had a recent situation where the woman I was dating announced she was going to the Air Force. Commendable in its entirety, but she said she worried about how I'd feel if she blossomed from homebody to a social butterfly, while I still may not have friends etc. and it truly hurt me for some reason. I want sustainable Christian friends so badly and I guess to hear her treat me like a charity case evoked some awful emotions. I just feel as though I'm only the stepping stone in people's lives, if that makes sense and I'm so very tired...I truly am and that's an awful thing to say at 25, but I'm seriously so tired.

I ask that you please pray for me, I'm drained and I could use any and all prayers I may receive. Thank you for your time once again, you all are awesome and I love you.

Hello and welcome :)
You have every right to ask for prayer and seeking prayer and suitable christian friends is commendable! GOD is always going to be our most wonderful friend. i know that having good friends here to turn to is also important however! Church is the best source of wonderful christian bonds and i have even found 1 of my only few close real friends on a christian site just like this one!!!
GOD has perfect timing and i am sure that in it through your faith HE will bring those people into your life that will be a blessing to you.
also being a christian does not mean being a stepping stone. you are worth more than that to GOD so love yourself more!!! GOD does!!!

Active
@marketing_kid
I'm seriously so tired

Matthew 11:28-30

28*“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29*Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30*For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Thank you father for your grace and peace. You are the God above all gods, there is none like you. Giver of life, comforter, our protection in times of trouble. We Love you Lord. We thank you for your Holy Spirit that surrounds us and fills us with Joy, righteousness and peace. Lord send your Angels to surround my Brother in Christ. We thank you for everything you are doing in his life.

Being tired is good, it would be the motivation needed for change. I'm tired so often these days the only thing I can do is worship. I know it doesn't matter if I turn left or turn right, the situation remains. All I can do is worship, give Him continuous praise. Sometimes I forget, most times I enjoy the pity party other times I sit still and wait for God to give me some sign of direction. I've learned from my years of tiredness the meaning of temporary.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
17*For our [a]light affliction which is but for a moment, causeth unto us a far most excellent and an eternal weight of glory:
18*While we look not on the things which are seen, but on the things which are not seen for the things which are seen, are temporal: but the things which are not seen, are eternal.

When I look back to some of these situations, I can say thank you God for bringing me out of it sane. Today I no longer feel the emotions I did when the situation took place. There are some situations we can not forget, but the strong emotional reaction we once held has faded, only to become a sad memory.

You want that freedom, that healing for when you look back in 2yrs to this very day, you can say thank you God for bringing me out of this sane with peace. The worse thing we can do is dwell on these situations,feed on these emotions and allow it to dictate our decision making negatively.

I ask God to comfort you, surround you with people who love you and love God's word. It's ok to cry, it's ok to feel tired, the worse thing you can do is wear a mask, telling the world all is well. You are human you make mistakes, people around us will make mistakes. Trust in God, be still and let him show you the way. If there's things in your life you need to sort out or remove ,ask God to give you the strength. Be patient, God will send you a mate, the kind of mate that accepts you for you and all the baggage that comes with it.

Proverbs 17:22
22*A merry heart does good, like medicine,[a]
But a broken spirit dries the bones.

No dry bones for you.

Find some good ole, clean comedies and have a good laugh, it really helps. Depression can be prevented.

hormones that make you happy
Written by M.Farouk Radwan, MSc.
Serotonin: Serotonin is sometimes called the happiness hormone. Serotonin regulates the mood, prevents depression and makes you feel happy. Serotonin can be released by getting exposed to sunlight, by eating foods rich in carbohydrates and by exercising.

Endorphins: Endorphins can make you feel good, reduce your anxiety and your sensitivity to pain. Endorphins are released by exercising

Dopamine: Dopamine helps you to feel mentally alert. The lack of it might cause lack of attention, lack of concentration and bad moods. Dopamine can be released by eating foods that are rich in protein.
Phenylethamine: Phenylethamine is the hormone that results in the feelings we get in the early stages of a relationship. Cocoa beans contain Phenylethamine. eating chocolate might be helpful too.

Ghrelin: Gherlin is a hormone that reduces stress and can help you become more relaxed. Ghrelin is released when we become Hungary that's why eating too much is not always a good idea. Just eat according to your body’s needs and never fill your stomach completely in order to maintain good Ghrelin levels

Last edited by a moderator:
kyval,

Thank you for taking time out to post such inspiration. I was sitting here going through all kinds of emotions and I just felt the urge to check my email to which I saw the response you'd posted, so thank you so much for taking time (especially this late "1:17 A.M." my time) to respond to my comment, it means so much. Thank you :)

Last edited:
rizen1,

Thank you sincerely for taking time out to respond with verses and words. I'm still in the process of going through your message so please don't hate me if I respond again lol

Staff Member
Greetings @marketing_kid

Praying for you brother.

You have had some beautiful responses from sisters rizen1 and kyval82......Praise the Lord!

Each morning and evening my husband and I read Daily Light on the Daily Path together and I would like to share today's readings with you
May these promises from the Lord's word, strengthen and refresh you
Rejoice in knowing that you are a precious child of the King and that His promises will never, ever fail you

Bless you

MORNING

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

Praise the LORD of hosts: for the Lord is good; for His mercy endureth for ever. — God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. — I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. — Who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! — As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: He is a buckler to all them that trust in Him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

If any man love God, the same is known of Him. — The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. — The LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. — Thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

(NAH. 1:7. Jer. 33:11. Psa. 46:1. Psa. 91:2. Deut. 33:29. II Sam. 22:31,32. I Cor. 8:3. II Tim. 2:19. Psa. 1:6. Exo. 33:17).

EVENING

I would have you without carefulness.

He careth for you. — The eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing. — Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them Are ye not much better than they? — Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

(I COR. 7:32. I Pet. 5:7 II Chr. 16:9. Psa. 34:8,10. Matt. 6:25,26. Phi. 4:6,7).

Last edited:
Loyal
Saying a prayer for you. Your situation reminds me of my own about 30 years ago. It will get better!!

@Fragrant Grace

Thank you so much for the resources. It means so much that you took time to share that information with me and please know that its valuable to me.
@Brad Huber

Thank you for your words and prayer! I trust it will get better, just hurts for the time being. Thank you so much ,though, for taking your time to respond and dedicate a prayer to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
Thank you for your words and prayer! I trust it will get better, just hurts for the time being.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 30:5

Keep looking to Jesus....praising Him and rejoicing in His goodness.
Let the joy of the Lord be your strength
He is with you.

Only a little while
Of walking with weary feet,
Patiently over the thorny way
That leads to the golden street.

Suffer if God shall will,
And work for Him while we may,
From Calvary’s cross to Zion’s crown,
Is only a little way.

Only a little while,
For toiling a few short days,
And then comes the rest, the quiet rest,
Eternity’s endless praise*

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

* Maria Crozier 1881

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'd first love to thank each and every one of you who read this, even if you may not post I still love you for giving me your time and attention. Please know that I appreciate and thank you for everything, for the prayers that go silent out of humility or those who speak kind words to me in this thread, thank you...

I've always been a bit stubborn and prideful, though I know God hates pride so much, to ask for prayer and support. I'm always the one that supports others, puts on a strong face and holds the fort down while others rest easy so this is really hard for me but I shall give this a try.

I ask for prayer in guidance, for at times I find myself so lost; I ask for prayer that I may step up in a leadership role, for I feel as though God needs me to do so; I ask for prayer for peace, I haven't been happy nor stress-free in a very long time; I don't know how to exactly word it, but I ask for your prayer that I find sustainable friendship, for I have no quality friends who I can turn to in my hour of need... I honestly just ask for your prayer.

I've had a rough outing the last couple of years, really the last 5+ years. My faith has dwindled at times even though God has spoken to me. I've had my education almost taken away from me; Relationships end with me being cheated on, hurt, or disrespected in so many ways; And countless other hurtful endeavors. I know I'm no different than you, my brothers and sisters. We all struggle, some of you way worse than me. That's partially why I chose not to make a list of all the things that afflict me, I know I'm not the only one hurting. I just never speak because no one ever gives me the opportunity to speak and I felt as though I should vent a tad so you'd understand. I had a recent situation where the woman I was dating announced she was going to the Air Force. Commendable in its entirety, but she said she worried about how I'd feel if she blossomed from homebody to a social butterfly, while I still may not have friends etc. and it truly hurt me for some reason. I want sustainable Christian friends so badly and I guess to hear her treat me like a charity case evoked some awful emotions. I just feel as though I'm only the stepping stone in people's lives, if that makes sense and I'm so very tired...I truly am and that's an awful thing to say at 25, but I'm seriously so tired.

I ask that you please pray for me, I'm drained and I could use any and all prayers I may receive. Thank you for your time once again, you all are awesome and I love you.

Hi Brother. .my name is Rick and Ive been a Christian for a few years since 1970 ..
Just a word to you put your trust in the Lord people will always let you down. .none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes.
God truly Love in all our short comings he know our heart'.
God will bring the right person for you and it will be the one God has chosen for you ..
God Bless