• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Rapture is soon! Rejoice!

Loyal
Are you referring to John Darby by chance. If so he was sharing what he saw in scripture. And I assume you're referring to the pre-trib rapture perspective.

Active
Are you referring to John Darby by chance. If so he was sharing what he saw in scripture. And I assume you're referring to the pre-trib rapture perspective.
Scofield was a follower of Darby, if thats what you're asking. Darby was a great off the cuff speaker, in fact he taught that is was sinful to prepare a sermon ahead of time.

Loyal
I wasn't especially asking that.

And not a particular fan of Scofield. But back in the day the KJV had his notes at the bottom of the pages. Probably the first Bible I read was my Mom's. I would get very easily side- tracked by the foot notes. So I decided to skip the footnotes and simply read the Bible itself.

Lots of people o know are pre-trib rapture people and some aren't. As long as a person is spiritually ready, that's all that really matters. Living a life that is pleasing to Him.

Active
I wasn't especially asking that.

And not a particular fan of Scofield. But back in the day the KJV had his notes at the bottom of the pages. Probably the first Bible I read was my Mom's. I would get very easily side- tracked by the foot notes. So I decided to skip the footnotes and simply read the Bible itself.

Lots of people o know are pre-trib rapture people and some aren't. As long as a person is spiritually ready, that's all that really matters. Living a life that is pleasing to Him.
OK. What were you asking about ?

Loyal
You'd commented about a person non-specifically and I wondered if it was John Darby you're talking about. That's all. His thoughts about sermon prep - well - that's his busines.

Active
You'd commented about a person non-specifically and I wondered if it was John Darby you're talking about. That's all. His thoughts about sermon prep - well - that's his busines.
I dont know what post by I'll guess John is Dr John Walvoord , former president at DTS , student of L Chafer whos mentor was C Scofield

Loyal
Okay. Dr. John walvaard--- Dallas theological seminary. I've heard of those guys. Think we're on the same page now?!?!

I anticipate going HOME!!

Yesterday, I saw some people on the side of the road in town here holding up signs saying "Jesus loves you!" and "Jesus died for your sins!", and I had to give them a honk and a thumbs up.

Much as I'm anticipating Jesus coming for us, we still have a job to do: saving as many lost souls as possible before that!

Active
Yesterday, I saw some people on the side of the road in town here holding up signs saying "Jesus loves you!" and "Jesus died for your sins!", and I had to give them a honk and a thumbs up.

Much as I'm anticipating Jesus coming for us, we still have a job to do: saving as many lost souls as possible before that!
The real lost are sitting in the catholic church or hillsong every Sunday, thinking they have found the truth. They havent. They need to be removed from the ***** of babylon and put there minds in the truth. This is where the main battle will be, fighting the great deception, false organised religion.

The real lost are sitting in the catholic church or hillsong every Sunday, thinking they have found the truth. They havent. They need to be removed from the ***** of babylon and put there minds in the truth. This is where the main battle will be, fighting the great deception, false organised religion.

Oh I don't doubt that we are seeing the Church of Laodicea in our time. All the more reason we need to get out in whatever spiritual battleground there is and keep saving the lost while there is still time left!

Active
Colossians 3:1-4 - If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Loyal
There is no rapture, until the return of Jesus

But God is removing people off the planet, even as we speak.

Most here will experience the greatest challenge in your existance as a Christian, the mark of the beast.

Dont be fooled by those " Christians who will tell you, its is ok to take the mark. It is not ok to take it. You will be sinning against the Holy Spirit if you do.