• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Rapture is soon! Rejoice!

Active
Jesus rules today from the highest seat of power there is , sad that so many dont approve of His reign and insist that He be here in person even though He said plainly it is better that He is not.

Active
A little stolen bread:

Jay Rogers

·

Trivia: According to Arthur C. Clarke, Stanley Kubrick wanted to get an insurance policy from Lloyds of London to protect himself against losses in the event that extraterrestrial intelligence were discovered before the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey, was released. Lloyds refused. Carl Sagan commented, “In the mid-1960s, there was no search being performed for extraterrestrial intelligence, and the chances of accidentally stumbling on extraterrestrial intelligence in a few years’ period was extremely small. Lloyds of London missed a good bet.”
This reminds me of my start-up idea: Rapture Insurance Company. It will take care of loved ones left behind in case of a worldwide tribulation. Policies start at only $10 a month.

Active
A little stolen bread:

Jay Rogers

·

Trivia: According to Arthur C. Clarke, Stanley Kubrick wanted to get an insurance policy from Lloyds of London to protect himself against losses in the event that extraterrestrial intelligence were discovered before the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey, was released. Lloyds refused. Carl Sagan commented, “In the mid-1960s, there was no search being performed for extraterrestrial intelligence, and the chances of accidentally stumbling on extraterrestrial intelligence in a few years’ period was extremely small. Lloyds of London missed a good bet.”
This reminds me of my start-up idea: Rapture Insurance Company. It will take care of loved ones left behind in case of a worldwide tribulation. Policies start at only $10 a month.
love it PERF

I have a brother in the mid west he might be interested

Loyal
@ hitch -- you're taking a lot of scripture out of context.

Look at revelation 20: 1-2 Satan is being bound for 1000 yrs so he can't deceive the nations for that length of time. But then he must be released for a short time. And then turn to Zechariah's 14:4 vs 9 and the Lord shall be king over all of the earth. Back to Revelation 20 vs 4 and then vs 7 -9 -- battle of Gog and Magog takes place and those hem the real end.

Active

Look at revelation 20: 1-2 Satan is being bound for 1000 yrs so he can't deceive the nations for that length of time. But then he must be released for a short time. And then turn to Zechariah's 14:4 vs 9 and the Lord shall be king over all of the earth. Back to Revelation 20 vs 4 and then vs 7 -9 -- battle of Gog and Magog takes place and those hem the real end.
Is Jesus your King? Does He have all power in Heaven and earth?

Is your opinion that the resurrection happens before the 1000 years or after?

Active

I bring you the personally stated reason for the great commission:

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Looks like ALL here is used in the absolute sense, so nothing can be added to Christ's power. It is like I said ,lots of folks dont believe He doing the job well. They are not just seeking a sign they want direct personal intervention.

So I cant wait for your explanation of the 'proper context' of John 6. You pretend literalist are always a gas.
When you look in your prophecy books you will find little or nothing to answer John 6 with. Good luck.

Active
Reading the Scriptures through the lens of the Apocalypse is like looking through the big end of a telescope. You can see things but never as they are.

Loyal
@Hitch --john 6 I assume you're referring to vs 53 - 58. You've heard of spiritual truths-- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. he uses various ways to communicate those truths to us.

You called us pretend literalists and you get a charge out of us.
Feel free to laugh all you want.

We have no spiritual life without the shedding of His blood the bruising of His body -- the cross of Christ. Back in verse 35 "I am the bread of life. ". A number of I am's of Jesus Christ. He is soul-satisfying if we let him be.

Sounds like you aren't really open to learning spiritual truths.

Active
@Hitch --john 6 I assume you're referring to vs 53 - 58. You've heard of spiritual truths-- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. he uses various ways to communicate those truths to us.

Feel free to laugh all you want.

We have no spiritual life without the shedding of His blood the bruising of His body -- the cross of Christ. Back in verse 35 "I am the bread of life. ". A number of I am's of Jesus Christ. He is soul-satisfying if we let him be.

--john 6 I assume you're referring to vs 53 - 58. You've heard of spiritual truths-- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. he uses various ways to communicate those truths to us.
I assume you avoided JOHN 6;39-54 because it devastates your rapture predictions and has direct bearing on the thread topic. But then Jesus personal teaching on the resurrection doest fit your scheme does it ? So I guess it makes sense for you to pretend its not there.

Thats because you practice a literalism based on need and convenience rather than the text.

Jesus prays that they NOT be taken out of the world, Jesus says the resurrection is at the last day, the opening of the Apocalypse,

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

and far too many examples to list. And you're usually the same folks who claim to be experts regarding the wild imagery and scenes of the Revelation , but you cant be sure what 'last day' means ,, you have to admit that comical.

Then you have no excuse not to believe what He said . But I wont bother to guess what your point is with this line. Perhaps you have forgotten what this thread is about

Hmmm I believe what Jesus said , you do not .There is nothing spiritual about your escapism, nothing. Especially when you gleefully watch and hope for signs of impending doom so you can fly away .

Last edited:
Loyal
Hitch- nothing in that passage does anything negative to my views on the rapture or anything else
It's all God's Word to be read and taken seriously. Using common sense when reading helps.

The rapture is not about escapism. We learn about the rapture / up-gathering / of the bride of Christ / the Church / born- against believers / is found in 1 thessalonians 4: 16-18 . God knows when Jesus Christ will come in the sky for that group of people. I plan to be with that group. Hope you will be, too.

Active
Hitch- nothing in that passage does anything negative to my views on the rapture or anything else
It's all God's Word to be read and taken seriously. Using common sense when reading helps.

The rapture is not about escapism. We learn about the rapture / up-gathering / of the bride of Christ / the Church / born- against believers / is found in 1 thessalonians 4: 16-18 . God knows when Jesus Christ will come in the sky for that group of people. I plan to be with that group. Hope you will be, too.
LOL Ist not OK for you to say the resurrection if more than a thousand years before the last day , when Jesus makes His point four times in a row.
I take it your search yielded no help, most DF teachers avoid John six for obvious reasons. Disregarding the very words of Christ is never a good idea much less a good basis for doctrine, whenever Jesus spoke to a specific issue ,common sense, requires that His teaching forms our base.
BTY if this is NOT a problem why doesnt any DF preacher use it to support his rapture scheme ?

Active

When I said you were a pretend literalist I didnt expect such a fine example so soon. Had Christ been ambiguous on this matter you might have a chance but He was as plain as He was specific.

Using common sense when reading helps.

So common sense dictates we believe what Paul writes to the church. The same common sense dictates that Paul learned all he knew regarding resurrection from Jesus and the Scriptures. Common sense also dictates that Paul would not and could not contradict Jesus . Common sense dictates that JESUS spoke decades before Paul wrote anything . Common sense dictates that what came first, in this case Christ's personal teaching, sets the context of anything following.

is found in 1 thessalonians 4: 16-18

Well the trump is the last trump , as common sense tells us but if thats not enough Paul says so specifically in his letter to Corinth when he speaks on the same subject. So as Paul always does here he is in agreement with Christ as per John 6. What is lacking is even the mention of 7 years in Heaven and yet another return. Also lacking is any mention of a thousand years anything. so your chosen proof text is little help to you scheme. so while Paul speaks gloriously of the dead in Christ rising, at the end of time or 'last trump' he has nothing at all to say about all or any of the other things required to fit your scheme. In fact Paul does say, in Apostolic mitre , 'so shall we ever be with the Lord'. Which common sense tells us means united with Christ and all the church in resurrection bodies, for eternity.

Loyal
@ Hitch -- first what does DF stand for. And there's a lot of sujects covered in John 6. We have the feeding of the great multitude
Jesus used the five barley loaves and two small fish to feed all those people and had leftovers.

Hitch -- you're free to believe anything you want about the passages you bring up.

The 1000 reign of Christ is found in revelation 20

The 7 yrs comes up in Daniel 9: 24-end of chapter.

Active
@ Hitch -- first what does DF stand for. And there's a lot of sujects covered in John 6. We have the feeding of the great multitude
Jesus used the five barley loaves and two small fish to feed all those people and had leftovers.

Hitch -- you're free to believe anything you want about the passages you bring up.

Hitch -- first what does DF stand for. And there's a lot of sujects covered in John 6. We have the feeding of the great multitude
Jesus used the five barley loaves and two small fish to feed all those people and had leftovers

LOL More pretending , do you think our Lords teaching on resurrection is important to discussion of 'rapture' , thats rhetorical as you have demonstrated you have no concern over what He said, however I'll ,once again , point you to the title of this thread.

And Rev 20 has WHAT to say about being in Jerusalem or even on earth ?

Adding to Scripture is always wrong, but especially so when the addition , in this case number of years, far out weighs the total of the original. 70X7 =490

Funny thing about pretend literalists, they cant make head or tales of John 6;39. but they are experts at interpreting Dan and the Apocalypse , what a joke.

This is just more prof that you have no answers for what I've brought up if you did you would have presented them.

D dispensatinal F futurist

Active
And there is nothing in that chapter that would need to be avoided
Last day is a clear and simple term. You would do well to fit your eschatology to what Jesus said ,rather than what Scofield said. Pretending you're not is conflict is just plain silly , lacking in common sense., and you know what a help common sense to understanding Scripture