• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Question for all please quick answer and no debate :)

Loyal Member
@JesusIs4Me,
Everything the disciple wrote they did not understand; believers today understands more than they did because knowledge has increased. The bible is an historical written account of what the disciples spoke - whether wrong or right. This was the same with the old covenant believers. Job said, The Lord gives and The Lord takes away. We know this is "not true" when it comes to family or anything else God gives; they are gifts (Jam. 1:17). Job was speaking about what Satan robbed him of. Yes - we know The Lord allowed it, but God did not take anything away from Job. This is how believer speak today.

Job 1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

Romans 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Many things said by the early church was said and documented as history. What believers must remember above all else is the "Principle" of scripture. God teaches His word is a mystery and only the Spirit can give the understanding of what is written. The Spirit of God's foundation of understanding is the "principles of scripture. GOD'S word does not contradict itself.

None of the scriptures you presented has to do with the principles of what Jesus came and accomplished.

Loyal Member
@Sue,
It's normal to stand in a comfortable place because it feels safe. What I've proved is what is being taught has no foundation, because what Jesus came and did is being rejected. Jesus said He came to take away sin - this is not believed.

Loyal Member
every believers I know finds sin repulsive, if sin does not bother you how can you be a believer, as it is what separates us from God ? (this is a general statement not aimed at anyone)

2 Corinthians 7:10
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

2 Corinthians 7:9
And now I rejoice, not because you were made sorrowful, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you felt the sorrow that God had intended, and so were not harmed in any way by us.

Psalm 38:18
17For I am ready to fall, and my pain is ever with me. 18Yes, I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.

Loyal Member
@Sue,
It's normal to stand in a comfortable place because it feels safe. What I've proved is what is being taught has no foundation, because what Jesus came and did is being rejected. Jesus said He came to take away sin - this is not believed.

It's not believed because Many churches don't teach Bible any more. Our Real foundation is in Jesus Christ -- His death, burial and bodily resurrection. We have spiritual life Only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. And Our choice to accept or reject that.

I'm in my late 60's -- mind if I ask you Why? You're welcome to start a private conversation with me, if you want to. I like conversation :smile:
Don't know how to start a private conversation, but to answer your question, at least in part, just let me say by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, I came to believe, after many years of turmoil and condemnation, that His death and resurrection truly did free me from the penalty of sin. I'm still very conscious when I miss the mark, but "there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus".

Loyal Member
@ Tessie -- at the very top of this page at the right -- there is a Big Red "S" in the middle of a large circle -- click into that.

You're right on track with that. :smile:

Don't know how to start a private conversation, but to answer your question, at least in part, just let me say by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, I came to believe, after many years of turmoil and condemnation, that His death and resurrection truly did free me from the penalty of sin. I'm still very conscious when I miss the mark, but "there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus".
I know where you are coming from... having been freed from a guilt-ridden, never-measuring-up "Christian" life where I wondered if I could ever be victorious (guilt is a real damper to Christian courage and victory, creating a vicious cycle...). A good relationship with God just wasn't for me, I thought.

But then over time Jesus showed me his amazing grace and how he loves me unconditionally and is always ready to forgive. This doesn't give me a license to sin but rather frees me to live for him and not be dragged down by the lies of the accuser.

EDIT: I would describe my Christian walk as gaining consciousness of sin or areas in need of sanctification, but not living in guilt and condemnation.

Loyal Member
The closer I get to God in my walk of faith, the MORE conscious of sin I become.

Do you people find this to be true in your walk?? YES OR NO

thanks
Dave it's called growth according to the Father's Plan.

That's what I was saying some time back and got ridiculed by those you have to be perfect to be saved.

Growth brings deeper levels in Christ and as we get deeper in Christ , things we never recognized as wrong (sin) begin to be seen.

Think of it this way.
Its like using a 10 cent flashlight over a 50 dollar flashlight. The Brighter the Light the more that is seen.

Blessings and Love in Christ!!

Loyal Member
@Sue D.
It's not believed because Many churches don't teach Bible any more. Our Real foundation is in Jesus Christ -- His death, burial and bodily resurrection. We have spiritual life Only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. And Our choice to accept or reject that.
True... But I'm not just talking about the churches, I'm talking about people's interpretation of the bible period concerning Christ's death and ressurection. Jesus died unto sin once and told believers to believe the same. Believers are to confess they died unto sin once; but they are taught to speak contrary to what the Spirit teaches and reject Romans 6:10 and 11. Either Jesus did or He didn't cancel sin (Heb. 9:26). All the principle foundation of scripture teaches He did. Everyone speaking and teaching against what Christ has done is the problem in the Church because they are deceiving the babes coming up. Taking away sin is not the same as talking away the punishment of sin.

Loyal Member
The closer I get to God in my walk of faith, the MORE conscious of sin I become.

Do you people find this to be true in your walk?? YES OR NO

thanks
YES.

Love relationship 101 = Everyday one becomes more aware of what pleases and displeases the one we love.

Since God is perfect, all that displeases Him is sin.

As we grow we become guilty of sins we were / could never be guilty of beforehand.

Loyal Member
@KingJ -- "As we grow we become more 'aware' of sins we're guilty of that we'd not been 'aware' of before. The Holy Spirit is very good at letting us know when we've messed-up / sinned. :smile: