• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Question about the body according the Bible

Staff Member
Greetings,

what do you think? if i asked you that question, what would you tell me?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
The Bible doesn't address this question directly, so we need to use our God-given common sense. I can't think of good reason to deliberately dehydrate myself.

How did this question arise for you?

I know the body requires a lot of water bu I was worried that it might be a sin to drink if you’re not thirsty. Like with food

Loyal
No reason at all that I can think of. Blessings. And it's not sinful to eat either - give your body all the goodness and nutrition it needs.

Only problem is with excess.

Staff Member
Greetings,

likewise it is not all that clever to drink deliberately in order to either avoid food or to try to flush our body after eating.

What most Christians find, is that if they continue in constant relationship and prayerfulness in every day life, they will have some unction or another about all that they do and so, in regards to drinking, they would know if the Lord was speaking to them about it. They then would have to choose if they will listen to Him or not.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1Corinthians 10:31

Being grounded somewhat in the Word is a healthy and wholesome 'life choice' as those who are, usually get to know Scripture enough to also know if the thoughts they have are pure, as in, from the Lord or from some other unpure source.
This can be helpful because many are the thoughts that come and go that tempt us to go the wrong way rather than walking in the Way, which is in Christ Jesus the Lord and yet when we know His Way, we recognize all that is not. This is true even without solid Scriptural knowledge for those who are His, because He has sent unto them of His Spirit, they receive from Him the Holy Ghost, and it is He who is their Helper and it is the witness we have in and through and with Him that makes us aware of error in thoughts that come our way, looking for a place to nest, and like a cuckoo, throw out the baby bird whose nest it rightfully is.
The Lord is our Keeper and Protector.

If you drink of that Water of Life, you will be filled, and thirst not again (for that same filling from the Lord, Which is He Himself)

Are you able to talk with any sound Christians where you live?

Bless you ....><>

john-7-38.jpg