• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Loyal
PROPHETIC STANDARDS STATEMENT

At a time when there are many questions in the Body concerning the gift of prophecy and the ministry of the prophet, and in light of the needs of local pastors as well as individual believers to have practical guidelines for processing prophetic words, as Pentecostal and Charismatic leaders, we felt that now was the opportune moment to produce this current document.

It is not the purpose of this statement to condemn or accuse. Instead, our purpose is to help provide scriptural guidelines for the operation of the gift of prophecy and the functioning of the ministry of the prophet, while at the same time affirming the importance of these gifts and ministries.

WE BELIEVE that the gifts of the Holy Spirit, including the gift of prophecy and the ministry of the prophet, are essential for the edification of the Body of Christ and the work of the ministry, which is why Scripture exhorts us to earnestly desire spiritual gifts, especially that we may prophesy (see 1 Cor. 14:1, 39). Prophetic ministry is of great importance to the Church and must be encouraged, welcomed, and nurtured.

WE BELIEVE it is essential to create an environment in which prophecy can flourish, side by side with the other gifts of the Spirit and together with apostolic, evangelistic, pastoral, and teaching ministries. To create this environment, we need to encourage freedom in the Spirit in a faith-filled atmosphere, making room for spontaneous utterances as the Spirit wills. But all this must be done with proper accountability and oversight.

WE BELIEVE that the general function of the gift of prophecy, as it relates to the church, has to do with edification, exhortation, and comfort (see 1 Cor. 14:3). As this gift relates to unbelievers, it can reveal the secrets of their hearts and bring them to repentance, demonstrating God’s reality to them (see 1 Cor. 14:24-25).

WE BELIEVE that the essence of the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus, hence the ultimate goal of prophetic ministry is to exalt the lordship of Jesus Christ, even though we recognize that not every prophetic word will specifically point to Him (see Rev. 19:10; 1 Cor. 12:3).

WE BELIEVE in the five-fold ministry of the prophet, recognizing that such prophets will also be used to bring correction, instruction, and directional clarity to the Body, but not independent of other leaders, and therefore different from the model of the independent Old Testament prophet.

WE RECOGNIZE that prophets do not serve as spiritual fortune tellers or prognosticators, nor is their role to satisfy our curiosity about the future or reveal abstract information. God’s purpose in prophecy is redemptive, calling for repentance, giving supernatural guidance, bringing comfort, deliverance, restoration, and glorifying Jesus as Lord.

WE RECOGNIZE that, due to the nature of prophetic ministry, some prophetic words can be submitted for evaluation before they are delivered while other words will be evaluated after they are delivered. But in all situations, those claiming to speak for God should welcome the godly evaluation of their prophecies.

WE BELIEVE that prophecies should first be tested by the Word, then if the prophetic word is not contrary to the Scriptures, it should be evaluated by other mature leaders. If a prophecy is given in the context of a local church, then mature leaders in that setting should evaluate it. If a prophecy is given in the context of a region or nation, then mature regional or national leaders should be invited to evaluate the word (see 1 Cor. 14:29; 1 Thes. 5:19-21). Those who refuse to have their words tested should not be given a platform.

WE RECOGNIZE that prophets receive supernatural revelation from God, but they are also dependent on other five-fold ministry leaders for the interpretation and application of the revelations they receive. It is the Lord’s will that all these various ministry gifts, including the ministry of the prophet, work in harmony rather than independently. Only then will the Body come into full health and maturity.

WE RECOGNIZE the unique challenges posed by the internet and social media, as anyone claiming to be a prophet can release a word to the general public without any accountability or even responsibility. While it is not possible to stop the flood of such words online, we urge all believers to check the lives and fruit of those they follow online and also see if they are part of a local church body and have true accountability for their public ministries and personal lives. We also urge prophetic ministers posting unfiltered and untested words purportedly from the Lord to first submit those words to peer leaders for evaluation.

WE AGREE that Scripture instructs us not to despise prophecies but to examine prophetic utterances carefully and to hold fast to that which is good (1 Thes. 5:19-21). This also means that we should cultivate honor and respect for true prophetic ministries rather than an attitude of skepticism or scorn.

WE BELIEVE that all spiritual leaders, including those serving as prophetic ministers, should be vetted and qualified by their respective churches, networks, or movements based on the standards of leadership set forth by Paul the apostle as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-8; Titus 1:5-9.

WE BELIEVE that all spiritual leaders, including five-fold ministry prophets, should be above reproach and should live a life worthy of their calling (see Eph. 4:1-3). Consequently, we believe that prophetic leaders whose lives violate the moral and ethical standards of the Word disqualify themselves from the ministry irrespective of how much influence or anointing they have.

WE ALSO AGREE that the greatest requirement for all leaders in the church, including prophetic leaders, is to endeavor to reflect the character of Christ and to utilize their gifts out of love for God, His people, and the lost (1 Cor. 13:2; Rom. 8:29).

WE VALUE humility, integrity, and accuracy in prophetic ministry in order to protect the faith and trust of those who hear a word that is stated to be from God. It is a sacred thing to claim to speak for the Lord and, in keeping with the words of Jesus, to whom much is given, much is required (see Luke 12:48). And just as those who teach are held to a higher standard of accountability (see Jam. 3:1), so also those who prophesy should be held to a higher standard. They can have a powerful influence over people’s lives for better or worse, because of which we urge sobriety and circumspection together with faith and boldness.

WE UNDERSTAND that prophecies can be conditional and that many prophecies will take time to come to pass. We also recognize that prophetic language is often mysterious and symbolic, requiring interpretation and insight. This means that prophecies that do not contradict the Bible or that are not contrary to fact should be evaluated over time and not immediately rejected.

On the other hand, if a prophetic word is delivered containing specific details and dates in which the stated prophetic word will come to pass and that prophecy contains no conditions to be met in order to be fulfilled, and that word does not come to pass as prophesied, then the one who delivered the word must be willing to take full responsibility, demonstrating genuine contrition before God and people.

Any statement of apology and/or explanation/clarification should be delivered to the audience to whom the erroneous word was given. For example, if it was given to an individual, the apology (and/or explanation/clarification) should be delivered to the individual. If the word was delivered publicly, then a public apology (and/or explanation/clarification) should be presented. This is not meant to be a punishment but rather a mature act of love to protect the honor of the Lord, the integrity of prophetic ministry, and the faith of those to whom the word was given.

WE BELIEVE it is essential that all spiritual leaders, including prophetic leaders, have a presbytery of peers and seasoned spiritual leaders who can hold them accountable regarding their life and ministry. In keeping with this, we reject the notion that to judge a prophet’s words is a violation of Psalm 105:15 (where God exhorted the ancient nations not to touch the patriarchs or harm His prophets). Prophets who err must be willing to receive correction from peer leaders with whom they are in accountable relationship. Those refusing such accountability should not be welcomed for ministry.

WE RECOGNIZE that true prophetic words can be faith-building and can sometimes call for a faith-filled response, but we reject the idea that prophets can use Old Testament texts about believing the prophets in order to gain blanket support for their words, as if everything a prophet utters today must be believed. To the contrary, we can only believe the prophetic word if it is not contrary to Scripture, it is not factually in error, and our own spirits bear witness with it. Only then can we add our faith to that word coming to pass (see 1 Tim. 1:18).

Those wanting to use Old Testament prophetic texts to exercise influence or authority over their followers should remember that inaccurate prophecy under that same Old Testament standard was punishable by death. New Testament prophets, along with other New Testament ministry leaders, do not lord it over their people or demand submission and faith. Instead, in humility, they serve the flock (see 1 Pet. 5:1-4).

WE REJECT any threatening words from prophets today, warning their followers that judgment will fall on them if they fail to obey the prophet’s words. We see this as a dangerous form of spiritual manipulation.

WE REJECT the spiritual manipulation of the prophetic gift for the personal benefit of the prophet or of his or her ministry, whether to garner favor, power, or financial gain. And under no circumstances can a prophet charge money to deliver a prophetic word. This is spiritual abuse of the worst kind and is detestable in God’s sight.

WE REJECT the notion that a contemporary prophetic word is on the same level of inspiration or authority as Scripture or that God always speaks inerrantly through prophets today, since the Bible says we only know in part and prophesy in part (1 Cor. 13:9). It is the written Word alone that can lay claim to being “the Word of God” (2 Tim. 3:16); prophecies, at best, are “a word from the Lord,” to be tested by the Word of God.

Finally, while we believe in holding prophets accountable for their words, in accordance with the Scriptures, we do not believe that a sincere prophet who delivers an inaccurate message is therefore a false prophet. Instead, as Jesus explained, and as the Old Testament emphasized, false prophets are wolves in sheep’s clothing, in contrast to true believers who might speak inaccurately (see Matt. 7:15-20; Jer. 23:9-40; Ezek. 13:23). Thus a false prophet is someone who operates under a false spirit masquerading as the Holy Spirit.

WE THEREFORE RECOGNIZE distinctions between a believer who gives an inaccurate prophecy (in which case they should acknowledge their error), a believer who consistently prophesies inaccurately (in which case we recognize that this person is not a prophet and we urge them to stop prophesying), and a false prophet (whom we recognize as a false believer, a lost soul, calling them to repent and be saved).

Because God’s gifts and calling are irrevocable (see Rom. 11:29), we understand that a person who has been prophetically gifted might be able to function in that gifting even though they are no longer in right relationship with God. That is why it is imperative that we judge a prophet by the fruit of their life and ministry rather than by their gift, also recognizing that there are some who started right but will be rejected in the end (see Matt. 7:21-23)

Loyal
A statement on standards in prophecy was released on Friday. It has a lot to say about how the ministry of a prophet relates to other ministries in the church, on accountability, inerrancy and repentance. It's long, so I'll copy it in full in the next post. Interested in reflections on the issues it raises.

Really, LOL! The "Institutionalize church does not cease to amaze me" Especially the "Protestants" collection of "little popes" bishop, cardinals and apostles. And the "high hierarchy" continues in the form of "types and shadows" improving on things above which is written. Pertaining to the commonwealth of the "common" True "Children of The Living GOD". for "Yeshua Hamashiach" it seems not to be enough. For we know that "Sheep" are very smart animals, and they know the voice of "Their Shepherd" and the voice of another, They will not follow. And this is a "Indicative" statement BY the "SON of the Almighty GOD",
(John).
1“Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever does not enter the sheepfold by the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2But the one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen for his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will flee from him because they do not recognize his voice.”

6Jesus spoke to them using this illustration, but they did not understand what He was telling them.7So He said to them again, “Truly, truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who came before Me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness.

11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd, and the sheep are not his own. When he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf pounces on them and scatters the flock. 13The man runs away because he is a hired servant and is unconcerned for the sheep.

14I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, 15just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd.

PS.
25“I already told you,” Jesus replied, “but you did not believe. The works I do in My Father’s name testify on My behalf. 26But because you are not My sheep, you refuse to believe. 27My sheep listen to My VOICE; I know them, and they follow Me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.
Most christians do not believe what is written above.

Finally, my brothers and sisters, they will explain this away too!:

(Hebrews 1)BSB
1On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets. 2But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

3The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding ALL THINGS by His powerful word. AFTER He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. 4So He became as far superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is excellent beyond theirs. 5For to which of the angels did God EVER SAY?

You are My Son;

today I have become Your Fatherc?

FOR SOME, this is what you call, a form of "Pre-Calculus" [Anthropomorphically]:eyes:

Why must I make these type of "biblically statements" that seems out the box? Because, many have been lead into the "avenue" of having more faith in the "creature" than the "Creator" who is "The WORD of GOD". as if the "WORD of GOD" has become short and cannot be "Trusted". Mankind presents "the gospel of successfulness, But The GOSPEL According to "Yeshua Hamashiach" is a Call unto "Faithfulness" to TRUST "The Truth". That is a Sacrificial Life, That one must deny himself. Until our "coronation", there are no kings or queens, but bond slaves, purchase, bought by the blood of Jesus. Not even servants but slaves. Not our will, but everything according to HIS will, You ain't got a will, He speaks you obey, and when you do what is demanded of you, He does not say "thank you"! " Why call me LORD LORD and do nothing I say!" Somebody is lying.:eyes: Judas said: is it me? after that, each one.

Especially For the sheep tenders and the Goat Herders:
(Luke 17)BSB Jesus said:

7“Now which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him after he comes in from the field, ‘Come immediately and recline at the table to eat’? 8On the contrary, will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and [afterward you may eat and drink’? 9He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he? 10So you too, when you do all the things which were commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”

So wives, be a slave not a queen, husbands be a slave, and not king, do what your "Master told you to do" looking for nothing in return,:p

How you like that "Prophecy" until we become a Kingdom of Kings and Priest"

Part 1.

Loyal
Part 2
Don't get me wrong but this one, made a difference in my life, setting in the parking lot, of The University of Detroit and my 8 track tape during breaks.

Loyal
Really, LOL! The "Institutionalize church does not cease to amaze me" Especially the "Protestants" collection of "little popes" bishop, cardinals and apostles. And the "high hierarchy" continues in the form of "types and shadows" improving on things above which is written. Pertaining to the commonwealth of the "common" True "Children of The Living GOD". for "Yeshua Hamashiach" it seems not to be enough. For we know that "Sheep" are very smart animals, and they know the voice of "Their Shepherd" and the voice of another, They will not follow. And this is a "Indicative" statement BY the "SON of the Almighty GOD",
(John).
1“Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever does not enter the sheepfold by the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2But the one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen for his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will flee from him because they do not recognize his voice.”

6Jesus spoke to them using this illustration, but they did not understand what He was telling them.7So He said to them again, “Truly, truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who came before Me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness.

11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd, and the sheep are not his own. When he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf pounces on them and scatters the flock. 13The man runs away because he is a hired servant and is unconcerned for the sheep.

14I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, 15just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd.

PS.
25“I already told you,” Jesus replied, “but you did not believe. The works I do in My Father’s name testify on My behalf. 26But because you are not My sheep, you refuse to believe. 27My sheep listen to My VOICE; I know them, and they follow Me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.
Most christians do not believe what is written above.

Finally, my brothers and sisters, they will explain this away too!:

(Hebrews 1)BSB
1On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets. 2But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

3The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding ALL THINGS by His powerful word. AFTER He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. 4So He became as far superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is excellent beyond theirs. 5For to which of the angels did God EVER SAY?

You are My Son;

today I have become Your Fatherc?

FOR SOME, this is what you call, a form of "Pre-Calculus" [Anthropomorphically]:eyes:

Why must I make these type of "biblically statements" that seems out the box? Because, many have been lead into the "avenue" of having more faith in the "creature" than the "Creator" who is "The WORD of GOD". as if the "WORD of GOD" has become short and cannot be "Trusted". Mankind presents "the gospel of successfulness, But The GOSPEL According to "Yeshua Hamashiach" is a Call unto "Faithfulness" to TRUST "The Truth". That is a Sacrificial Life, That one must deny himself. Until our "coronation", there are no kings or queens, but bond slaves, purchase, bought by the blood of Jesus. Not even servants but slaves. Not our will, but everything according to HIS will, You ain't got a will, He speaks you obey, and when you do what is demanded of you, He does not say "thank you"! " Why call me LORD LORD and do nothing I say!" Somebody is lying.:eyes: Judas said: is it me? after that, each one.

Especially For the sheep tenders and the Goat Herders:
(Luke 17)BSB Jesus said:

7“Now which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him after he comes in from the field, ‘Come immediately and recline at the table to eat’? 8On the contrary, will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and [afterward you may eat and drink’? 9He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he? 10So you too, when you do all the things which were commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”

So wives, be a slave not a queen, husbands be a slave, and not king, do what your "Master told you to do" looking for nothing in return,:p

How you like that "Prophecy" until we become a Kingdom of Kings and Priest"

Part 1.
It would be better if you responded to the substance of the statement rather than instantly derailing it. You can see that it's been carefully put together. If you think it is misguided, where and, how? What biblical reasoning do you have to counter it?

Loyal
For the true "Children of GOD" knows for a fact, that , there is only one group of People who do not like "A Prophet of GOD! And the Word of God does not lie!

For they definitely cannot stand a "New Testament" Prophet. They rather promotion falsehood than acknowledge the unadulterated "Truth'!

For Jesus did say this, and He lies not:

NASB 1977 Jesus said:
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen
gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling."

Now here comes Stephen:
51You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did. 52Which of the prophets did your fathers fail to persecute? They even killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One. And now you are His betrayers and murderers— 53you who received the law ordained by angels, yet have not kept it.”

54On hearing this, the members of the Sanhedrin were enraged, they gnashed their teeth at him.55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57At this they covered their ears, cried out in a loud voice, and rushed together at him. 58They dragged him out of the city and began to stone him.

So is the fate of All True" Prophets of GOD" if they did it to "Jesus" who is also a Prophet, they will also do it to Those who walk in His footsteps. And that is Imperative.

And we always have those who "Proclaim" the opposite of "Jeremiah" and those who support the opposite Prophets and the same message that they proclaim, as well . Even those who are the "contemporaries" of Jeremiah are look at, in disdain. For all is recorded in "The Book". of such atrocities, for GOD will not have His "Elect" dwell in Ignorance, and lead astray, by every wind and doctrine.

The Abomination of Desolation
"At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, IF That was Possible! So be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance."…

Beware True "Child of GOD" when men teach for Doctrine the Doctrine of men for The Doctrine of GOD" The Word of GOD has to be rightly divide, if not it ceases to be the "WORD of GOD". And to rightly divide it, is a gift from GOD to those who "Diligently seeks Him".

Trust GOD not my words. I'm just a lump of Clay. There are many groups of Prophets and always will be schools of Prophets for there always has been, But only One "Yeshua Hamashiach":eyes:

Finally, Promoting Jesus as "The "Prophet" in these last days above all men has become a crime. and now cause such "Trauma":eyes:
among believers.

Praise GOD, for He is even at The Door.

Loyal
For the true "Children of GOD" knows for a fact, that , there is only one group of People who do not like "A Prophet of GOD! And the Word of God does not lie!

For they definitely cannot stand a "New Testament" Prophet. They rather promotion falsehood than acknowledge the unadulterated "Truth'!

For Jesus did say this, and He lies not:

NASB 1977 Jesus said:
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen
gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling."

Now here comes Stephen:
51You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did. 52Which of the prophets did your fathers fail to persecute? They even killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One. And now you are His betrayers and murderers— 53you who received the law ordained by angels, yet have not kept it.”

54On hearing this, the members of the Sanhedrin were enraged, they gnashed their teeth at him.55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57At this they covered their ears, cried out in a loud voice, and rushed together at him. 58They dragged him out of the city and began to stone him.

So is the fate of All True" Prophets of GOD" if they did it to "Jesus" who is also a Prophet, they will also do it to Those who walk in His footsteps. And that is Imperative.

And we always have those who "Proclaim" the opposite of "Jeremiah" and those who support the opposite Prophets and the same message that they proclaim, as well . Even those who are the "contemporaries" of Jeremiah are look at, in disdain. For all is recorded in "The Book". of such atrocities, for GOD will not have His "Elect" dwell in Ignorance, and lead astray, by every wind and doctrine.

The Abomination of Desolation
"At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, IF That was Possible! So be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance."…

Beware True "Child of GOD" when men teach for Doctrine the Doctrine of men for The Doctrine of GOD" The Word of GOD has to be rightly divide, if not it ceases to be the "WORD of GOD". And to rightly divide it, is a gift from GOD to those who "Diligently seeks Him".

Trust GOD not my words. I'm just a lump of Clay. There are many groups of Prophets and always will be schools of Prophets for there always has been, But only One "Yeshua Hamashiach":eyes:

Finally, Promoting Jesus as "The "Prophet" in these last days above all men has become a crime. and now cause such "Trauma":eyes:
among believers.

Praise GOD, for He is even at The Door.
You don't appear to have anything useful to say about the statement. It would be better to leave the thread clear for anyone who might want to discuss it.

Active
A statement on standards in prophecy was released on Friday. It has a lot to say about how the ministry of a prophet relates to other ministries in the church, on accountability, inerrancy and repentance. It's long, so I'll copy it in full in the next post. Interested in reflections on the issues it raises.

What is five-fold ministry?

I think there are some really good accountability factors here.

Active
.WE RECOGNIZE that prophets do not serve as spiritual fortune tellers or prognosticators, nor is their role to satisfy our curiosity about the future or reveal abstract information. God’s purpose in prophecy is redemptive, calling for repentance, giving supernatural guidance, bringing comfort, deliverance, restoration, and glorifying Jesus as Lord.

I like this part. A couple people have told me I have a prophetic gift. It is just not something I believed in until the last couple years, so I have been learning more. I just want to love God and minister to others from His Word and through music. Kids ministry. But I do have dreams/visions too.

Loyal
You don't appear to have anything useful to say about the statement. It would be better to leave the thread clear for anyone who might want to discuss it.
Ok, I thought i was being kind, using a sense of "tack and diplomacy". Ok, I will in direct approach, my concern, pointed at the "statement" and those who bring such a light that appears like a light! And I will not upset anyone, by quoting the "Holy Scripture" and bring such Non-sense to light. Where the Light have already "Shone":cool:

And I will "Discuss" since you put this "statement" by your own words, into the "discussion Box": 'It would be better to leave the thread clear For anyone who might want to "discuss it.'

What is definition of discussion?
1 : consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate a heated political discussion. 2 : a formal treatment of a topic in speech or writing A discussion on the topic is included in the first chapter. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about discussion.

noun

1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"
    • a conversation or debate about a certain topic.
      plural noun: discussions
      "discussions about environmental improvement programs"

"the act of talking about something with other people and tellingthem your ideas or opinions: "

• Another word for "discuss" words can be "synonymous"
    • Synomyms

• Debate, deliberate about, exchange views about, weigh up, trash out, Moot, chew over, exchange views on, consider the pros and cons, kick out.
    • [these are

• Are you sure, ,your reply is nothing more than a case of "AD Hominem":eyes: "The Truth will set you free":eyes:

• I hope that was useful:)

• Have a nice day!

• PS
    • In any case: it might be helpful, to put up a Approval box, "Do you approve of such "Standard" click: "Yes or NO". for no discussion is necessary.

• For many people or christians do not know what the word "STANDARD" even means concerning "Biblical Proclamations".

• STANDARD - Definition from the KJV Dictionary
My Opinion "5 ALARM FIRE"! RUN!

Last edited:
Loyal
THE "SONS of GOD" are to Be wise, Supposed to be a example for the "children of GOD" until they grow up!

"Brothers and sisters, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature."

Loyal

It's the five ministries listed in the letter to the Ephesians ch4...

The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.

Loyal

And maybe, they didn't have a Copy of "The New Testament" :eyes: And if they did, i wonder if they could read "Greek", They wonder how could Jesus, know how to read "Hebrew and Arabic" in his day, for He never went school, And i am quite sure His mother didn't either. Go to school! Mmmm "accountability factors"!:confused: Thank GOD, that God gave some the Gift of Language, and the Gift to Read, And the gift to understand what was spoken.:eyes: "We heard him in our own 'Language"! How can these things be! I know him, He ain't never been to school! Now He speaking in 5 Languages:eyes: Talking about a man name "IESOUS Hamashiach". Transliterated in English "Yeshua Hamashiach" Some said they where drunk, speaking in a unknown tongue. Because the Person was speaking in "Persiana Hebrew", "Parthian Hebrew", "Mede Hebrew," And "Elamites Hebrew", they was Speaking in all kinds of "dialect of The Hebrew Language.
(Acts 2)BSB of a good and "Reliable Translation" of The "Original Copied Manuscript" of "GOD's WORD".

The "Good Accountability Factors" I like that!

Active
I like this part. A couple people have told me I have a prophetic gift. It is just not something I believed in until the last couple years, so I have been learning more. I just want to love God and minister to others from His Word and through music. Kids ministry. But I do have dreams/visions too.
I can observe that there is a lot of confusion about the ministries given by Jesus (Ephesians 4:11-16) through the Holy Spirit to the Spirit-filled church.
Now Paul the apostle in the epistles writes much to give clarity and discipline to the conduct of the churches and the lives of disciples.
Thus in 1Corinthians 12 Paul elaborates on how these ministries are to work through the giving of nine gifts of the Holy Spirit to the body of Christ.
Prophets and prophesying are for those who are filled (baptised) in the Holy Spirit and can all speak in tongues.
1Corinthians 14 lays out how to operate the gift of prophecy decently and in order for the exhorting and edifying of the body of believers present at a service meeting.

1Corinthians 14:26 What is it then, brethren? When ye come together, each hath a psalm, hath a teaching, hath a revelation, hath a tongue, hath an interpretation. Let all things be unto edifying.
14:27 If any speaks in a tongue, let it be by two, or at the most three, and in turn; and let one interpret:
14:28 but if there be no interpreter, let him be silent in church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
14:29 And let prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern.
14:30 But if a revelation be made to another sitting by, let the first be silent.
14:31 For ye all can prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be exhorted;
14:32 (and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets;
14:33 for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace), as in all the churches of the saints.

The gifts of prophecy are for use in a church meeting after the operating of the gifts of tongues and interpretation; and this is how we do it according to scripture, in The Revival Fellowship.
Prophecy is certainly not fortune-telling, but rather Godly advice about our walk and our faith and what we need to do that is not up to standard.
Of late though there have been many warnings about strengthening ourselves and holding fast to what we have because the days are short.
Listening to the voice gifts of the Holy Spirit for the first time some 26 years ago convicted me of the presence and truth of God in the Pentecostal church that I attended to check them out.

Active
It's the five ministries listed in the letter to the Ephesians ch4...

The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.

Oh okay, thanks! Well glory to God! I think a lot of good comes from this ministry. I was a bit scared of it for the longest time. But if it brings God the glory and it points people to God's Word, that is wonderful. I have found this to be true. But the accountability factor is the biggest point.

Active
But the accountability factor is the biggest point.
Yes that is why God gives strict instructions on how to operate the gift of prophecy within the body of Christ so that we can discern the value and truth of this inspired speaking.
Only once out of hundreds of voice gifts did we murmur because a brother was adding his bit onto what God had said. You can tell.
Alas many churches are out of order and sorry but dysfunctional in the conduct of the voice gifts of the Holy Spirit. One such example of bad behaviour is when individuals pronounce a prophecy over another person
and claim that God is giving them a "prophecy" for that person. Sorry, but apart from Agabus concerning Paul becoming bound as a prisoner - it is not taught in scripture as normal conduct.

14:33 for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace), as in all the churches of the saints.

Loyal
I agree on the accountability. When Paul wrote to the church in Corinth, he wrote to address multiple issues of poor discipline, immorality, chaotic meeting in the fellowship.

The issue today is the spread of prophets working through video and social media and operating independently of the church. You'll see in the list of orginal signatories to the statement Jeremiah Johnson - who with many others prophecied a second term for Trump and later publicly repented.

Active
You'll see in the list of original signatories to the statement Jeremiah Johnson - who with many others prophesied a second term for Trump and later publicly repented.
Very interesting how things have returned back to the dysfunction of the church at Corinth.
When the gifts of prophecy are operated properly in our church meetings God never talks about particular people in public life nor particular people in the church.
Rather the gifts of prophecy are very much about us as a church; as the body of Christ. God often exhorts and encourages us and sometimes he admonishes us because we get slothful (His words).
God talks about faith; about enduring; about remaining steadfast; He warns of of doctrinal deceitfulness; He reminds us to hold onto our love of Jesus as our Saviour and to cherish this; He talks about keeping the joy
that we have in the Holy spirit; He explains scriptures and clarifies doctrine on occasions; and so much more.
But never ever about worldly affairs, certainly not in any specifics. Only that the days are short and things are going to get real bad soon. So remain steadfast and secure in the gospel.
A couple of Sundays ago in one gift of prophecy God the Father spoke about Matthew 24 - it was quite scary and confronting.

Active
Very interesting how things have returned back to the dysfunction of the church at Corinth.
When the gifts of prophecy are operated properly in our church meetings God never talks about particular people in public life nor particular people in the church.
Rather the gifts of prophecy are very much about us as a church; as the body of Christ. God often exhorts and encourages us and sometimes he admonishes us because we get slothful (His words).
God talks about faith; about enduring; about remaining steadfast; He warns of of doctrinal deceitfulness; He reminds us to hold onto our love of Jesus as our Saviour and to cherish this; He talks about keeping the joy
that we have in the Holy spirit; He explains scriptures and clarifies doctrine on occasions; and so much more.
But never ever about worldly affairs, certainly not in any specifics. Only that the days are short and things are going to get real bad soon. So remain steadfast and secure in the gospel.
A couple of Sundays ago in one gift of prophecy God the Father spoke about Matthew 24 - it was quite scary and confronting.

I think part of it is some, people like me, are being awakened to it. I was born and raised differently... So then it was a leap of faith this last year changing churches after 8 years to one who does teach more about these things as more of a pentecostal/charismatic church. So instead of speaking, just important to listen and learn. Rules and structure like this are so important along with good teaching on the scripture mentioned. Unsure if I quite understand that part completely.

But like sharing dreams and my insights on that at times, is that wise? I always did them privately, but have decided not to pm/have dreams interpreted online anymore since I go to a church I can ask my pastor and others moving in the gifts. Well, I guess I can go ask them. LOL. So different having people face to face to ask. It is hard to balance between gaining spiritual discernment and following/asking for wise counsel.

Loyal
Yes, my church very much the same. Exhorting us to do the basics well - keep our eyes on Jesus, endure testing times patiently, be faithful in prayer, love each other, turn from sin.