• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Pretrib Poll

Will there be a pretrib rapture?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Loyal
Very very true. Thessalonians says he who letteth will let until he be taken out of the way. That would be the Spirit. Jesus said he would never leave nor forsake us. So when Spirit goes......I go

If it's the Holy Spirit that gets taken away, how do people get saved during the tribulation? Also... where did "Jesus" say He would never leave us or forsake us?

Active
If it's the Holy Spirit that gets taken away, how do people get saved during the tribulation? Also... where did "Jesus" say He would never leave us or forsake us?
The Spirit will convict as it did all through time,but will not be indwelling as with the church.
As far as Jesus Jesus saying he would never leave us. You should have learned in sundy scbool as a child.

Active
Very very true. Thessalonians says he who letteth will let until he be taken out of the way. That would be the Spirit. Jesus said he would never leave nor forsake us. So when Spirit goes......I go
Are you sure it would be the Spirit? God has multitudes of angels.

Active
The Spirit will convict as it did all through time,but will not be indwelling as with the church.
As far as Jesus Jesus saying he would never leave us. You should have learned in sundy scbool as a child.
We have to look at that passage I Context. Paul quotes that in Hebrews. He's quoting it from Joshua.

Joshua 1:7–9 (KJV 1900): Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Notice the condition. Joshua was not to depart from the Law. We see what happened when Israel sinned shortly after this.

Joshua 7:10–12 (KJV 1900): And the Lord said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face? 11 Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff. 12 Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.

We see that God was them as long as they kept His commands, they obeyed the covenant. It's the same with Christians. The book of Hebrews was written to encourage Jewish believers to remain faithful in the face of persecution. Paul was reminding then that God is faithful as long as we are. If we break the covenant God is no longer required to uphold His end.

Loyal
Luk 21:34 "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.

Luk 21:35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Luk 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Loyal
Why do we suppose that any do??

If pre-trib is accurate, He never does.

But HEY!!!! it nothing but "Theology" after all.
So you think God forsakes christians every time that they endured persecution? That would mean he forsook most of the early church accordingly. Jesus said we must pick up our own cross, just that He would make our burdens lighter.