• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Please help

Active
I'm obsessed with the scriptures; the teachings are incredible and I can't get them off of my mind.

I fear this--It's like being possessed and whenever I try and clear my head I begin fearing exceedingly.

Loyal
Well your head does need to be able to focus on work you must do to bring home a paycheck to pay for food and lodging, etc. But being obsessed with scripture isnt really a bad thing unless it lessen's your love and rapport with your fellow human beings. Can you elaborate a bit more on the problem?

Active
Something sounds a bit off. (2 Tim 1:7) There is no fear in love bro. And since you love his Word even as you love him,he tells us how to always keep our peace about us.( Phil 4:7-9) (1 John 4:18-20) Instruction as any disciple knows,is one to be followed in.( James 1:22) We do,so we never have to fear anymore. Hope that helps you.

Loyal
I'm obsessed with the scriptures; the teachings are incredible and I can't get them off of my mind.

I fear this--It's like being possessed and whenever I try and clear my head I begin fearing exceedingly.
Well done, you finally have arrived where you should be, Now your mind is on Jesus, being possessed by the WORD" for The "WORD" is The SON of The Living GOD" Now why would you want to, take your mind off of "The Living WORD" let it possess you more and more. Let The Word of GOD keep you company and grow richly in it from now on, through out eternity! You grow more and more in it. And that fear you are feeling is "Holiness' a "AGAPE" and It will grow Rich in you. This is not the type of love that men knows! The beginning of WISDOM is FEARING GOD! Your mind will stay on HIM 24/7 even in your sleep! It will talked to you constantly. The words that are written in "The Book" is JESUS. You will see! "GOD" is not like a human, He does not act like one, His ways are not like a human, His attributes are not like a human. , They are beyond the beyond when He deals with The "Sons of GOD"! Now let Him school you.:cool: And trust No MAn! and Lean not unto your own understanding. I knew you was heading that WAY, That a many of Christians have not been there! Now Rememeber "The Parables" and Let "The Gospel According to St.John the Apostle" dwell in you and believe it" There is a special message in there for YOU! Go there and eat! And Trust no one. The Spirit of Your Father will guide you into all truths that many cannot bear to hear these truths. He will help your heart to endure what you are about to see what your FAther is going to show you.:pensive:

Welcome My Brother, finally Jesus is "The WAY" and The "HOLY SPIRIT" was Your guide, Now THE FATHER will teach you and show you. For no man can show you these things, there are no "earthly words" or a human mind can express or explain what HE is going to show you.:pensive:

After, you have read, you will fully understand where other christians have not. "not meaning that they are not saved or do not have The Holy Spirit."

This will take on a complete different meaning. And you will understand. You will not be able to explain it, for this also is the will of your Father who is in Heaven.
[They cannot be reveal to a human mind]
But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him.
But to us God hath revealed them, by this Spirit. For the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, but the spirit of a man that is in him? So the things also that are of God no man knoweth, but the Spirit of God.

He is going to show you things, you are not, going to want to see. He is going to take you to places you are not going want to go, He is going to show you "THE TRUTH"!:pensive:

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, these'shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come. :pensive:

And Remember "The Parables" you will understand.

Shalom, "that is in you" my brother, but not in the world.:pensive:

I think of God every day but I don't pick up his word to read it every day as I should. I watch sermons all the time. You're heading in the right direction don't give up.

When I first got saved you could not keep me away from the Word of God or from attending church. They became my life. I could not wait to be in the scriptures to read more as the Holy Spirit opened up my understanding into the very treasures and mysteries of God. At work I had in my pocket a small New Testament, NIV, bible and I would go sit on the toilet and read it. It was marvelous, one cannot describe the wonders found in the Bible. My boss at the time had to tell me to keep it away from work but I could not. As I grew in the Lord I became more stable and started sharing and teaching. At the beginning though I knew others who also came to know the Lord and we would share on the phone. It was brilliant a testimony to what Christ had done to and for me. If I can encourage you read Psalm 1 and Psalm 119, especially Psalm 119 and see how this psalmist loved the Word of God and saw it as a lamp unto his feet and a light unto his path (Psalm 119:105).

Active

We saints are not given a spirit of fear. Of what are you fearful: that you think your desire for God's word is unhealthy? Satan is attacking you, if that is what you fear.

Blessings

Active

In what way are you obsessed? Do you feel judged or judgmental? It sound like it is quite a negative feeling if it causes you to fear. As it is making you fear I'm wondering if you are perhaps feeling unworthy in some way, like you are being convicted by the scriptures. I don't know what to say to you really, as I've never heard anything like this before. If you belong to a church fellowship perhaps it's something you can talk to your pastor about, or a Christian friend who knows you better than we do.

Loyal

So you are like a dried up sponge needing water. Jesus is life giving Water. So go soak it up

Active
I'm so desperate, panicked, and anxious,

I'm not out hurting others or abusing other people,

but I feel so devastated.

My God, please have mercy on me.

Active
I'm so desperate, panicked, and anxious,

I'm not out hurting others or abusing other people,

but I feel so devastated.

My God, please have mercy on me.
Find someone in need, any sort of need, and help them out. It will surprise you how uplifting to yourself the experience is.

Active
Find someone in need, any sort of need, and help them out. It will surprise you how uplifting to yourself the experience is.

I do this all the time.

I learned what the problem is today, it's that I'd been trying to imagine God.

Since I began reading the bible, I'd been doing this. But i'm not a bad guy. :)

Active
I do this all the time.

I just came in from outside. Beautiful spring evening. While sitting in my yard looking up at the night sky (something I do all the time) noticing the few stars that are visible, I wondered what it will be like in that moment, when Jesus makes HIS appearance so that every eye will see HIM. Many seem to believe all will see Jesus because of modern technology - cell phones, tablests, internet, etc. I believe it will be HIM revealing HIMSELF supernaturally to everyone at the same moment, no matter where people are or what they are doing, HE will appear to all and all will see HIM at the very same moment. It will be real and it will be supernatural all at once. As I was wondering these things, I had a bit of a private conversation with Jesus (my dog was with me), and I was comforted with the promises HE has made to me and countless others that follow HIM. Rest in Jesus, brother. There is no other.

Loyal
I do this all the time.

Try doing some volunteer work, for seniors as an example