• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

please check this out

Chad gave me permission to post the link to the church I attend here in northern california. I thought it would be nice for any of you who are interested to check it out. It is a small congregation but we are a wild bunch who get off when we get into praise and worship :rainbow: I hope you all find it interesting and educational. http://www.christian-family-center.org/

Your loving brother in Christ

robert NEWLIFE4EVER

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Newlife4ever said:
Chad gave me permission to post the link to the church I attend here in northern california. I thought it would be nice for any of you who are interested to check it out. It is a small congregation but we are a wild bunch who get off when we get into praise and worship :rainbow: I hope you all find it interesting and educational. http://www.christian-family-center.org/

Your loving brother in Christ

robert NEWLIFE4EVER

Hi, NEWLIFE4EVER!

Thanks!

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Robert
I am glad you are feeling in awe of and totally humbled by our Holy and Sovereign God.

May I just caution you that you might reconsider using terms such as "getting off" in connection with your worship. That is a term with some crude sexual connotation which is kinda out of place.

You are perhaps young, forgive me. I am not criticizing, just offering concerned suggestions for a more appropriate wording of your post.

Worship is to be about Him .. His Glory, His Holiness

I still maintain, Brother, that for the sake of the Gospel of Christ, we do not copy the world, but we use language, manners, words that glorify God. We are to be examples to the world .... we are to refrain from becoming like the world .... we are to avoid giving satan fodder.

Please notice I was careful to say to New: <<<forgive me. I am not criticizing, just offering concerned suggestions for a more appropriate wording of your post.>>>

Also, please notice, New did not say, "We got off our chairs to praise", but rather he said ... <<< we are a wild bunch who get off when we get into praise >>> This is not a phrase the world has "changed" from its original pure meaning. This phrase has a certain meaning as it was originated in the world ... and the Lord indeed does ask us to watch our tongues.

Let me also say in response to this quote from your note ... <<< Let me say many words O2blikeU are changed and construed (I think you meant misconstrued) in this world. The devil has distorted language and would love nothing more for us to think everything we say is sin. >>>
Now, I would agree with you in some instances, i.e. the word "gay". This word means in its pure form, to be happy and carefree. But the devil indeed changed this one. He also stole the rainbow. That is why I refuse to use the word "gay" to describe homosexuals.

However, that is not the case with the phrase, "to get off"

When we value our relationship with Jesus and respect Him as both Lord and Saviour we desire to obey. He asks us to watch our language. He tells us to NOT be part of the world.

It is often edifying to listen and learn from more mature members of the body of christ. Taking words or phrases that the world has invented to put forth a certain implication and saying we change them to glorify God or redeem those words and insisting on our RIGHT to use them .... Well brother, I personally believe that is contrary to our mission.

Can you imagine Jesus saying, "Man, I really got off on raising Laz!"

In Peace
Nancy