• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Pharmaceuticals, are they witchcraft/sorcery

Loyal
Anything can be abused.

Alcohol is a drug. Substance abuse is common everywhere.

Does alcohol affect your mental state? It can. Does marijuana affect your mental state? It can.

My feeling is that any drug you can think of, applies to the same rules as alcohol.

Matt 24:48; ''But if that evil slave says in his heart, 'My master is not coming for a long time,'
Matt 24:49; and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards;

Luke 21:34; "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap;

Rom 13:13; Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy.

1 Cor 5:11; But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.
1 Cor 6:10; nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:18; And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

1 Pet 4:3; For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

Whether it's alcohol or some other drugs, if you are abusing it, using it to excess. Using it to alter your mental state.... beware.

Active
Beresheet -- I was agreeing.....

I'm nearly 70. The dentist office has gotten more of my money than any other Dr. Except for having cataracts removed about two years ago. My problem has been sleeping. I'm a very light sleeper. I hear Everything. And have the radio on 91.3 FM almost all the time.

Lots of adjustments of all kinds over past two months with more to come.

Maybe we all need to pray for each other. Wisdom, etc.

I began having to sleep a few days a week when I came out of retirement to work a night security job. After two years it became impossible to sleep those off days. What worked was clearing my mind of thinking. Putting a Christian radio station on actually energized me too much to sleep. A sleep therapist showed me that. I switched to an online noise generator, listening to a mind-numbing waterfall thundering, like Niagra Falls. I slept like a baby. It's free to use, with many selections. I used the heart/sleep/relax sounds, close to "white noise" like the little machine you can get at Walmart. It's at Mynoise.net. Log in and try that. It works best with quality speakers with good bass, like a Sonos Play 5.