Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Loyal Member
Have you read any gospel presentation that sinners were to repent from all sins in order to be saved?
If a person wants to get saved, they first must make that decision (repent, change their mind) before they accept Jesus there savior. No body gets saved first and then decide to change their mind to get saved. A decision to change your mind (repent), and accept Jesus is paramount be salvation. Repentance is making a decision to go the other way other than the way you were going. This is a major problem because a lot of people accept Jesus as their savoir to escape hell fire, but they never changed their mind (repented) to change the direction their life is headed.

What do you think this scripture means?

1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

That happens when a believer walks in the light. Now consider what happens when the Believer doesn't walk in the light.

What happens if we become faithless after becoming a child of God?

2Ti 2:13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

That is the truth I wish to share whereby those found in unrepentant iniquity are disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper and will be left behind... unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes.

What happens if one of your children become disobedient are they still your child? Do you not correct them when they are wrong? God is smarter then we are and he corrects, chastises those who are his so we might be partakers of his holiness.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
I consider this chastening as applying to a believer that runs the risk of not running that race in Hebrews 12:1-2 by not looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help him lay aside every weight & sin.

It is impossible to be a child of God, and then be corrected for bad behavior and then all of a sudden you stop being his son.
Correct, but like the prodigal son that gave up his first inheritance for wild living, he can never get it back, even though he is still son. That means not every saved believer will be taken at the pre great trib rapture event. If God warns the church at Thyatira to repent or else be cast into the bed of the great tribulation as God will judge every children by their works with death when iniquity is found on that foundation, then that means those left behind are still His, but denied by Him for being in that iniquity. Once left behind, that iniquity will be burned away from that foundation of that believer and because the foundation remains, that believer is still saved because He is faithful for He still abides .. even in former believers too.

Obviously if you are being convicted of sin you are in the world before becoming a child of God.
Well, the sin of unbelief in Jesus Christ is the only sin a sinner will be convicted of by the Holy Ghost that counts because they were already condemned.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If a person wants to get saved, they first must make that decision (repent, change their mind) before they accept Jesus there savior. No body gets saved first and then decide to change their mind to get saved. A decision to change your mind (repent), and accept Jesus is paramount be salvation. Repentance is making a decision to go the other way other than the way you were going. This is a major problem because a lot of people accept Jesus as their savoir to escape hell fire, but they never changed their mind (repented) to change the direction their life is headed.
But that is not the same as knowingly repenting from all sins that the sinners knows to be sin, otherwise, the Gentiles believers would not need to be taught to abstain from certain sins. That is what running the race is all about. That is why discipleship has to be separate from salvation.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they...….19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

And then they delivered the epistle.

Acts 15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. 30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle: 31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

So not every saved believer knows what sin is when they have been living in it. The same goes for the works of the flesh so they can sow to the fruits of the Spirit instead as they look to Jesus Christ with confidence that He will finish what He has begun in them. That is why Jesus commanded His disciples to make disciples of other new believers.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

He did not speak these things so that we may obtain salvation, but that our joy may be full which is the point of discipleship. Again, this can only be done by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in running that race in helping us to bear fruit as His disciples

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...… 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Top Poster Of Month
The parable of the wheat and the tares (weeds) is followed a few paragraphs later by an explanation of the parable.

And in the explanation, the Lord makes it clear that there are children (sons) of the kingdom of Heaven and children (sons) of the Devil, Satan.

Holy Bible - Matthew 13:36-43 (ESV)
36 Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Now the questions are who are the sons of the kingdom, and the sons of Satan?
Most concise scripture to answer

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Those not led by Holy Spirit which also include fallen angels, nephilims, giants, etc would not be considered sons of God

It seems the wheat (believers) and the tares (lukeware believers) starts with the sower sowing righteous seed. The sower (Jesus) comes and sows spiritual seed into the world, those that receive it become the wheat; sons of GOD (John 1:12). Then the devil comes among the wheat and also sows spiritual seed; but his seed is information contrary to the seed Christ has sown. Christ’s seed is love not the world (1John 2:15), the devil’s seed is love the world. This is tare information. Through this, believers that receive this information become malnourished and do not develop into full grown wheat, but they become weeds, worthless because they are unfruitful. This is why Jesus cursed the fig tree, it was fruitless.

The tares (Lukewarm believers) spiritual nourishment is the cares and the riches of this world, which they put before the word of GOD. Tares are also those believers (prior wheat) that gives up on Christ because of the trials and tribulations (the devil's spiritual influence) they go through and they start believing the lie of the devil that they can’t do what Christ says, or it’s not worth it. They get tiered of the restrictions, taste not, handle not, etc, which the devil deceive them to believe.

Their lack of the nourishment of GOD’s word is how they become tares (weeds), good for nothing in the body of Christ. This is the purpose of understanding the parable of the sower. Matthew 13:41 teaches us, GOD will send His angels and they shall gather out of His Kingdom all that offends and do iniquity (lawlessness); these are the tares. If a person does not bring forth 30 fold, 60 fold or 100 fold fruit, they are lukewarm believers in the body of Christ (the church) without true faith. Grace allows for them to be in the body of Christ until GOD judges His church, then the tares (lukewarm believers) will be revealed and removed and cast into the fire.