• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Operations

Nothing seems real ever since I lost a huge chunk of a belief system, a system that was feeding me my universal views. Now those beliefs are gone, it's as if I'm missing a part of my brain.

For now I've replaced it with a temporary solution, a makeshift universe where God is not God, and this universe is a reality simulator.

I wandered on to this forum after I dumped the final and last church I'll go too, they don't have no answers.

Loyal
Nothing seems real ever since I lost a huge chunk of a belief system, a system that was feeding me my universal views. Now those beliefs are gone, it's as if I'm missing a part of my brain.

For now I've replaced it with a temporary solution, a makeshift universe where God is not God, and this universe is a reality simulator.

I wandered on to this forum after I dumped the final and last church I'll go too, they don't have no answers.

Every one at sometime in their life will come to a "crises" of belief about what they believe if it is really true or not. The Bible tells us to build our house only out of gold, silver, or precious stones. Of course this is not literal gold, silver, precious stones, it is truths discovered in the God's Holy Word which only he can reveal. Anything else will be burned up when the trials of life come to test it to see what it is made out of. The greatest truth of all is that Jesus Christ is Lord, and he died for all men on the cross, and that God the Father raised him up from the dead, and now has seated him in Heavenly places. Becoming "born again" is a absolute truth that must happen first before any other truths can be believed. How can a man become born again?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The required faith needed to do this is not something you have to conjure up your self, it comes from hearing the Gospel that Jesus died for you, and that God has raised him up from the dead.
I did this more than 40+ years ago, and I have never been the same since then.

1Cor 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Cor 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Staff Member

First Welcome to Talk Jesus @roguesoul,
Always glad to welcome even a wandering soul or should I say especially one who seems to have lost their way to this online community of Christian Believers!

Can only go by what you've shared so far, but gosh, just mentioning churches in a general sense could mean just about anything. Plus, as you will find out here for the most part, from those who communicate with you here. They'll tell you it's really not about the church, but the message that one finds told about Jesus Christ and the life you live in Him.

So, not knowing what churches you have gone to, or even if they were Christian based. It's difficult to tell that it's really Jesus Christ that you are seeking and not just some building/denomination that tells you what they believe, you should believe. If you don't have that truly life changing experience, where no matter what anyone else says. It won't change what you believe which for me is that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sins, and was raised on the third day. Because without that, for sure experience between you and Him when you surrender all occurs. It can be most difficult in this world today.

Darkness and depression are all around. The world isn't getting better and people seem to be getting colder to the touch. Everything in life seems to be going down, down, down......Yet, if you believe that Jesus Christ truly died for you, and you have become familiar with the Word of God. Than you have so many promises of a tomorrow and in many ways a today to hold on to! You know that it is these truths and not the illusions of grandeur that this world presents as being needed, are what you hold on to.

Truth be told. The Gospel hasn't changed since over 2,000 years ago when He died on the Cross and rose again. Neither has mankind. Oh, technology has increased, but man without Jesus Christ in their lives has stayed the same.

Oh, I could go on and on, but I believe I've given you an inkling of who you need in your life. If it is Him, and an increased understanding of what His Word has for you to grow in. You've come to the right place :)

There are many of my Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here, who are more than willing to fellowship, grow in His Word, and pray with you.

With that being said. Be WELCOME TO TALK JESUS!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Every one at sometime in their life will come to a "crises" of belief about what they believe if it is really true or not. The Bible tells us to build our house only out of gold, silver, or precious stones. Of course this is not literal gold, silver, precious stones, it is truths discovered in the God's Holy Word which only he can reveal. Anything else will be burned up when the trials of life come to test it to see what it is made out of. The greatest truth of all is that Jesus Christ is Lord, and he died for all men on the cross, and that God the Father raised him up from the dead, and now has seated him in Heavenly places. Becoming "born again" is a absolute truth that must happen first before any other truths can be believed. How can a man become born again?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The required faith needed to do this is not something you have to conjure up your self, it comes from hearing the Gospel that Jesus died for you, and that God has raised him up from the dead.
I did this more than 40+ years ago, and I have never been the same since then.

1Cor 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Cor 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
A doubt a few posted scriptures will be able to bring me what I'm looking for.

First Welcome to Talk Jesus @roguesoul,
Always glad to welcome even a wandering soul or should I say especially one who seems to have lost their way to this online community of Christian Believers!

Can only go by what you've shared so far, but gosh, just mentioning churches in a general sense could mean just about anything. Plus, as you will find out here for the most part, from those who communicate with you here. They'll tell you it's really not about the church, but the message that one finds told about Jesus Christ and the life you live in Him.

So, not knowing what churches you have gone to, or even if they were Christian based. It's difficult to tell that it's really Jesus Christ that you are seeking and not just some building/denomination that tells you what they believe, you should believe. If you don't have that truly life changing experience, where no matter what anyone else says. It won't change what you believe which for me is that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sins, and was raised on the third day. Because without that, for sure experience between you and Him when you surrender all occurs. It can be most difficult in this world today.

Darkness and depression are all around. The world isn't getting better and people seem to be getting colder to the touch. Everything in life seems to be going down, down, down......Yet, if you believe that Jesus Christ truly died for you, and you have become familiar with the Word of God. Than you have so many promises of a tomorrow and in many ways a today to hold on to! You know that it is these truths and not the illusions of grandeur that this world presents as being needed, are what you hold on to.

Truth be told. The Gospel hasn't changed since over 2,000 years ago when He died on the Cross and rose again. Neither has mankind. Oh, technology has increased, but man without Jesus Christ in their lives has stayed the same.

Oh, I could go on and on, but I believe I've given you an inkling of who you need in your life. If it is Him, and an increased understanding of what His Word has for you to grow in. You've come to the right place :)

There are many of my Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here, who are more than willing to fellowship, grow in His Word, and pray with you.

With that being said. Be WELCOME TO TALK JESUS!
Nick
<><
Turn off the news and go outside, there's decent nice people everywhere.

Loyal
There are people who work at it, but they are limited by their limits. God has no limits, but the limits we put on Him. Too many people, some of whom are called Christian, do not understand it.

Welcome to the forum.

There are people who work at it, but they are limited by their limits. God has no limits, but the limits we put on Him. Too many people, some of whom are called Christian, do not understand it.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you, and may I say: I'm not sure I'm reading you right, couldn't really understand what you're implying.

Maybe you can clarify?

Staff Member

:) Yes there are! So, let's try this again.........Welcome to Talk Jesus roguesoul!
Always a joy welcoming those new to this online Christian Forum :)

What has happened that has you losing a huge chunk of your belief system? and what might that belief system have been?

Once again be welcome!
Always with the love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

:) Yes there are! So, let's try this again.........Welcome to Talk Jesus roguesoul!
Always a joy welcoming those new to this online Christian Forum :)

What has happened that has you losing a huge chunk of your belief system? and what might that belief system have been?

Once again be welcome!
Always with the love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><
I guess you could say, I couldn't sustain the Christian world view. All that internal loathing against my sin, was damaging to my mental health.

Staff Member
I guess you could say, I couldn't sustain the Christian world view. All that internal loathing against my sin, was damaging to my mental health.

All sin is damaging to ones mental health. The differences normally are only in how we handle or ignore the effects. Christendom/Churches have a tendency to make it more difficult for many. They have the predisposition to make some sins greater than others. Thereby alienating those who are not only struggling with it, but attempting to come to terms with understanding of why God would put this Cross of all of them upon their shoulders to have to carry/bare.

So, instead of helping the Brother or Sister in Christ Jesus in carrying/restoring them from this burden if they fall/stumble. They persecute them and unbeknownst to them, they do this by just bringing forth one sin over so many others most people have i.e. say lying. So, while these and other sins are ignored, the moral ones which have focus groups on how to combat them in our society, are brought up constantly! Forgetting that within their own congregations there are those struggling with the very sins they are attacking and with none of the Love of Christ Jesus in them.

Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:1-2

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. John 15:12

Yet, you can't blame all of us and that would include you as well if you were to think about it. Many times it is the sin that is tossed into ones face that seem to garner the greatest attention/response. The low key ones, like the one I mentioned are put on the back burner to be handled at a later date that never seems to get there. :-(

The inability of man in man's church to handle these situations in a loving way, still does not negate the message of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, from the truth that is understood through Him and seeks to be shared by the believer to a dying world. Sorry, for that little bit of darkness there, but the truth tells it like it is, even if its inconvenient to the hearer. The Word of God doesn't pull any punches, no matter who you happen to believe you are. Most if not all believers will attest to this if they are honest with themselves.

I said "who you happen to believe you are" verses who God sees you and wants you to be. Understand that anyone of us will find out that there is something within us. That we find supposed enjoyment in that brings us pleasure, that in the eyes of God is wrong.

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1-2

For one of the biggest failings we have is in the area of "lust". For others it can be "money". Even some others it may be lacking the ability to "love". The list goes on and on and on. These are areas that we have carried with us from before we knew Jesus Christ as our Savior. Most times we have not really come to grips with the change that needs to happen within us because they clash with the weakness of the "flesh" and whatever "thought" we feel is a necessity in who we are rather than were.

This happens a lot, because we don't turn to God and no one tells us to say. You are the Potter , make me, your clay, into who you want me to be. Help me please Father God that you make clear the path I must walk in your name to bring you Glory. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sounds almost simple, but many dread it, because of what may happen! Giving up on the very thing that we may enjoy, or have come to identify ourselves with! As we get closer to God, we begin to see the sin in us more clearly in ourselves. This should not stop us, but give us the Hope that we will overcome for He has/will bless us to be able to do so in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! Matthew 7:11

Yet, I will give you fair warning brother. Just remember no matter how you choose to step, the Devil knows our weaknesses and will attempt to exploit them at every turn.

That is why Ephesians 6 makes for a good read and a better wearing! You need it, we all need it.

If you have given your life to Christ. You may be feeling a bit lost, but you are not lost to Him! I will be praying for you, whatever burden you are carrying.

YBIC
Nick
<><

All sin is damaging to ones mental health. The differences normally are only in how we handle or ignore the effects. Christendom/Churches have a tendency to make it more difficult for many. They have the predisposition to make some sins greater than others. Thereby alienating those who are not only struggling with it, but attempting to come to terms with understanding of why God would put this Cross of all of them upon their shoulders to have to carry/bare.

So, instead of helping the Brother or Sister in Christ Jesus in carrying/restoring them from this burden if they fall/stumble. They persecute them and unbeknownst to them, they do this by just bringing forth one sin over so many others most people have i.e. say lying. So, while these and other sins are ignored, the moral ones which have focus groups on how to combat them in our society, are brought up constantly! Forgetting that within their own congregations there are those struggling with the very sins they are attacking and with none of the Love of Christ Jesus in them.

Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:1-2

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. John 15:12

Yet, you can't blame all of us and that would include you as well if you were to think about it. Many times it is the sin that is tossed into ones face that seem to garner the greatest attention/response. The low key ones, like the one I mentioned are put on the back burner to be handled at a later date that never seems to get there. :-(

The inability of man in man's church to handle these situations in a loving way, still does not negate the message of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, from the truth that is understood through Him and seeks to be shared by the believer to a dying world. Sorry, for that little bit of darkness there, but the truth tells it like it is, even if its inconvenient to the hearer. The Word of God doesn't pull any punches, no matter who you happen to believe you are. Most if not all believers will attest to this if they are honest with themselves.

I said "who you happen to believe you are" verses who God sees you and wants you to be. Understand that anyone of us will find out that there is something within us. That we find supposed enjoyment in that brings us pleasure, that in the eyes of God is wrong.

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1-2

For one of the biggest failings we have is in the area of "lust". For others it can be "money". Even some others it may be lacking the ability to "love". The list goes on and on and on. These are areas that we have carried with us from before we knew Jesus Christ as our Savior. Most times we have not really come to grips with the change that needs to happen within us because they clash with the weakness of the "flesh" and whatever "thought" we feel is a necessity in who we are rather than were.

This happens a lot, because we don't turn to God and no one tells us to say. You are the Potter , make me, your clay, into who you want me to be. Help me please Father God that you make clear the path I must walk in your name to bring you Glory. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sounds almost simple, but many dread it, because of what may happen! Giving up on the very thing that we may enjoy, or have come to identify ourselves with! As we get closer to God, we begin to see the sin in us more clearly in ourselves. This should not stop us, but give us the Hope that we will overcome for He has/will bless us to be able to do so in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! Matthew 7:11

Yet, I will give you fair warning brother. Just remember no matter how you choose to step, the Devil knows our weaknesses and will attempt to exploit them at every turn.

That is why Ephesians 6 makes for a good read and a better wearing! You need it, we all need it.

If you have given your life to Christ. You may be feeling a bit lost, but you are not lost to Him! I will be praying for you, whatever burden you are carrying.

YBIC
Nick
<><
Actually I'm so far off better without a major belief system. I don't do so well living in the world of the subjective too often.

Staff Member
Actually I'm so far off better without a major belief system. I don't do so well living in the world of the subjective too often.

By the way, I don't really believe that Christianity needs only be seen in the "subjective", but can be viewed in the "objective" as well. Always with the understanding that the level of belief necessary to come to a decision be it subjectively or objectively is different for each person. That is why, you should read some of the testimonies on each persons bio to see where they come from so to speak.

That being said. Why do you think it is that you don't do so well with the "subjective"?

Nick
<><

By the way, I don't really believe that Christianity needs only be seen in the "subjective", but can be viewed in the "objective" as well. Always with the understanding that the level of belief necessary to come to a decision be it subjectively or objectively is different for each person. That is why, you should read some of the testimonies on each persons bio to see where they come from so to speak.

That being said. Why do you think it is that you don't do so well with the "subjective"?

Nick
<><
Stuff going on with my brain, creates illusion's from the subjective in a harmful way.

Loyal
@roguesoul
amadeus2:

roguesoul: Thank you, and may I say: I'm not sure I'm reading you right, couldn't really understand what you're implying.

Maybe you can clarify?

There are natural or carnal people who do no know God who work at being good. This is OK for this life in our flesh if that is a person's only goal or purpose. To really be "good" requires that we have at least a bit of God [the only One who is really good] in us. Just having a label attached to a person that says "Christian" is certainly not enough.

We cannot move toward God alone without having accepted His Way as our own. Again there are those, [so I believe] who think they have done what is needed, but fail to realize that there is no stopping place in our movement toward God until we have reached the end of our road which usually means that the dirt has been thrown over our natural or fleshly faces.

Staff Member
Stuff going on with my brain, creates illusion's from the subjective in a harmful way.

So, a more structured/analytical environment provides you an alternative to the subjective which conflicting thoughts seem to originate from?

Nick
<><

Staff Member
@roguesoul

I know that most churches can be a trial for you. My nephew has an issue that almost mirrors what you are speaking of. Subjective churches with the emotional outbursts effect him negatively. Normally, the more traditional churches, structured around services that are how I would call them as being done by "rote" so to speak, are the ones he finds best. Soothing is the word he uses. Might also, be for you.

I normally, do not suggest any particular church to folks. Mainly because people then assume that I uphold all that particular denomination/church stands for and the doctrines they hold to. Also, they can easily be different depending on the geographical area one finds themselves in. Please take this as only one of many possibilities.

You might want to look into a church that is called The Berean Bible Church. A church/people spoken of in Scripture who in this day there are churches that go by the name Berean. Most will say that they try to adhere to the principals mentioned of the Bereans in Acts 17:11. The Berean Bible Church is heavy into scrutinizing scripture, and some will say analytically. However, as far as I know one would not consider them a by "rote" church that I spoke of before.

For myself, I truly attempt to be eclectic as it pertains to objective and subjective thought/processes. They can clash at times depending on who you're talking to, but if one can adhere to prayer and Scripture. One can be assured with Holy Spirit guidance that one is walking right, or informed when deviating from the path being set for one by God.

I will keep you in prayer and hope the best for you.

Nick
<><

@roguesoul

I know that most churches can be a trial for you. My nephew has an issue that almost mirrors what you are speaking of. Subjective churches with the emotional outbursts effect him negatively. Normally, the more traditional churches, structured around services that are how I would call them as being done by "rote" so to speak, are the ones he finds best. Soothing is the word he uses. Might also, be for you.

I normally, do not suggest any particular church to folks. Mainly because people then assume that I uphold all that particular denomination/church stands for and the doctrines they hold to. Also, they can easily be different depending on the geographical area one finds themselves in. Please take this as only one of many possibilities.

You might want to look into a church that is called The Berean Bible Church. A church/people spoken of in Scripture who in this day there are churches that go by the name Berean. Most will say that they try to adhere to the principals mentioned of the Bereans in Acts 17:11. The Berean Bible Church is heavy into scrutinizing scripture, and some will say analytically. However, as far as I know one would not consider them a by "rote" church that I spoke of before.

For myself, I truly attempt to be eclectic as it pertains to objective and subjective thought/processes. They can clash at times depending on who you're talking to, but if one can adhere to prayer and Scripture. One can be assured with Holy Spirit guidance that one is walking right, or informed when deviating from the path being set for one by God.

I will keep you in prayer and hope the best for you.

Nick
<><
I won't be going to anymore churches.

Staff Member
I won't be going to anymore churches.

Besides what you've already mentioned, that churches don't have the answers. Is there any other reason why you won't attempt to give another church you haven't experienced a chance?

Besides what you've already mentioned, that churches don't have the answers. Is there any other reason why you won't attempt to give another church you haven't experienced a chance?
I'm not shopping around for another church, I have nothing to learn from them.