• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Online dating - "Yes" or "No" ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:19)

NEVER pour out your heart,and soul to someone you cannot be sure of!! About 3 years ago we had a sister in our Church who did just that.After about 6 months of this they finally had a chance to meet. Sam,the suppose man she had been speaking to all this time,granted her to come to Texas to meet,Claire our sister was so excited! Long story short,she met ah Sammy a woman instead! On line people are not always as they appear to be!! NEVER EVER!!!!! grant any kind of personal things,or information until you meet them! ( Proverbs 3:5-6) and Psalm 118:8.

As for the main question I would say yes and no.
Yes, because online dating is not only about "dating apps or pages". We're in 2019 and that's quite normal people create friendships online by playing games or chatting with others using many groups, forums etc.
I know some people who found their current partners online and they're doing great.
I have mixed feelings about dating apps or sites. After my experience I have an opinion that those places are full of people who have the feeling of "lack" they don't feel "full" in their lives. Personally for me a lack of something will attract more lack, if you know what I mean... A person who would need another to fulfill, make happy, change, make life worthwhile would bring a disaster to the future relationship. I met many freaks so I gave up... but that's my own experience.

Administrator
Staff Member
As for the main question I would say yes and no.
Yes, because online dating is not only about "dating apps or pages". We're in 2019 and that's quite normal people create friendships online by playing games or chatting with others using many groups, forums etc.
I know some people who found their current partners online and they're doing great.
I have mixed feelings about dating apps or sites. After my experience I have an opinion that those places are full of people who have the feeling of "lack" they don't feel "full" in their lives. Personally for me a lack of something will attract more lack, if you know what I mean... A person who would need another to fulfill, make happy, change, make life worthwhile would bring a disaster to the future relationship. I met many freaks so I gave up... but that's my own experience.
Truth. I've been on and off various dating apps. My conclusion is that generally speaking it's not so much the app themselves, but just the humans. Really, ultimately it boils down to the kind of personality you're dealing with. But, I do agree and feel that maybe these apps or platforms might not be the most inspirational and fulfilling ways to find someone. Some apps are designed better than others but I think you can never truly grasp a natural human to human connection through digital media like you would in person. Classic, traditional method per se.

Truth. I've been on and off various dating apps. My conclusion is that generally speaking it's not so much the app themselves, but just the humans. Really, ultimately it boils down to the kind of personality you're dealing with. But, I do agree and feel that maybe these apps or platforms might not be the most inspirational and fulfilling ways to find someone. Some apps are designed better than others but I think you can never truly grasp a natural human to human connection
through digital media like you would in person. Classic, traditional method per se.
Yes. I'm not an expert in dating apps. I know it's an option for some reasons. I would prefer places with not "desperately seeking for love people" and it could be everywhere.