• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Obama and the Antichrist Stage

Although my husband is dogmatic that Obama is not the Antichrist based on his belief that he will come out of the middle east, I am only 99% sure that he isn't. To me, it definitely looks as though Obama is the "front runner" and a tool of the beast system.

The bible says in the book of revelation that men"will wonder in astonishment after the beast",and will exclaim"who is like the beast? who can war against him?"

Historically, the beast has been usually thought to be a country. Some believe it was Rome. I John says the anti Christ is a spirit, and says it is already here. Many have different views about anti Christ. But, I just wanted you to know that the 'anti Christ as a person' is a a newer view in modern times.

I Jn 4:3
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
(KJV)

hmmmm

I am certainly fascinated by Herukan's remarks , as well as the posts of everyone in this issue.

I am a Kenyan, and Obama's bloodline has direct Kenyan roots, so this issue is of deep importance to us as Kenyans.

But Obama has raised the wrong eyebrows by doing things that seemed unthinkable for the former president, and even most christians supporting him have their doubts.For example, Within 2 weeks of his administration, stem-cell research was approved.

Proponents of this research argue that they use aborted embryos which would have gone to waste anyway, so why not sanction use of stem-cells?

But God begs to differ, and i am sure that Obamaniac policies will go a long-way in helping the future beast who desires to " change the set times and the law".

Is this hope

I agree, he is not the antichrist.

I surely hope he isn't. Is this what you mean or is there scripture to back up your statement.
I thought Bush was for the same reason you think Obama isn't. Purely a gut feeling. As usual I was wrong. Though Bush may have been misguided, he is not the anti-christ.

Or is he...

Gracealone thank you

As I watch the event of this day, the inauguration of our new President, I'm reminded of the promise of our coming King, and am in awe, as I watch this, and know that on His day, this will be as insignificant as a flee on a dogs back.
Yet, until that day, we are to honor the position of our new President, and pray for him,and our governing peoples, for God has allowed, and ordained what we see today, for his purpose, and to His glory.
Even so Lord, Come Soon.

All of creation groans for our redemption.

This is what I love about Talk Jesus. just as I start to get lost, a more experienced Christian puts things back into perspective. Obama is President of the U.S.A. by God's will, and we must pray for him. His will be done!

I agree with you. I think its possible Obama is the anti-christ, but we'll have to wait and see. One thing for sure, prophecy will be fulfilled rapidly one after another it seems.
Just a thought. Only in the West could one publish such a thing about one's head of state. Imagine doing this in, say, Iran? You wouldn't last very long.
Maybe USA, UK, France and Israel etc... aren't so bad...

Isn't this all up to God?

The revelations came from God.

God put the governments and their leaders in place.

Who are we to criticize what God has created? Trying to figure out if we are days away from Apocalypse is pretty close to divination which is on the list of things that God hates, is that not true?

Our job is to live today and to witness our faith to others, lest they be lost in the fire. We must be on guard only in that we have to step up our efforts at witnessing. The signs of the times are to show us that we have a limited time left to pray and plant seeds in our family members and friends who are not saved.

God has told us not to worry about tomorrow as well as to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. God is in control and always has been! Amen!!

Mae

Is this a personal, political or subjectively reasoned scriptual statement?
In other words. How do you know this for sure?
:shade:

The tenth chapter of Isaiah goes to great pains to describe the coming man of sin as an Assyrian. Our president is not. The antichrist must fulfill all of the scriptures referencing him. Though many of the passages related to the antichrist may be applied (some not so deftly) to President Obama, this chapter pretty succinctly rules him out.

i have to explain

I have enjoyed all comments to this thread, but i guess i have to explain the title for the thread was " Obama and the Antichrist Stage"
not " Obama the Antichrist"

So if you think i mean Obama is the Antichrist, i don't. But it is interesting the way he seems to support issues that the world glorifies, thus he could easily "set a stage" for the coming Man Of Sin.

He is strongly in favor of issues like gay marriage, stem-cell research and abortion, things God seems to hate as per the various end-time visions of God's servants i have read over the internet, as well as per the bible.

He is not the Antichrist, but he certainly looks like a stage for him....The Antichrist will seek to "change the set times and the law".

Indeed. But you say the name Obama in any Christian forum and the notion of antiChrist is never far behind. To be sure, his charisma and popularity will lower peoples sensitivities to certain issues. His acceptance of certain troubling ideaologies will make compromise with morality less startling. It doesnt strain credibility to assert that he would call an ally the man that would be antichrist and champion the cause of allegiance to him. I don't believe, as some do, that this was his doing. Irrespective of who'd won the election, the plan of God would be moving forward. Had it been McCain for example, it's doubtless that you'd see him embroiled in the same debates as our current president, his party and platform notwithstanding. Chuck Missler has said that he forsees strong polemic activity where the Church is involved, such that many may have to go underground to avoid persecution. I'm inclined to agree. Worth noting, Mr. Missler, like myself, is pre-trib in his beliefs.

Immediately after Obama got elected,all africans were swept away by the euphoria of his presidency,and even here in Nairobi,as an african, i saw jubilation fill the streets.

I do not believe that Obama is the Antichrist,coz the jews will have to really compromise to accept a non-jew as the messiah.(well,it could happen...we'll have to wait and see...).However,as recently as 2005,some jews believed that the messiah will be the one who rebuilds the temple.

But Obama proved to the world,especially to christians, that you can be elected to office purely because of your charisma and your oratory.( i have had my heart in my mouth ever since the world started clamouring after Obama.)

The bible says in the book of revelation that men"will wonder in astonishment after the beast",and will exclaim"who is like the beast? who can war against him?"

Obama makes an entry into office in the midst of two wars,one in Iraq,the other in Afghanistan.

I will not be surprised if some "Illustrious warring figure" comes into prominence by seeming to help the Obama Administration end these wars.Such a leader would astound the world as a "military genius" just like the beast.

Let us keep watching.

War seems to be the identifying mark of this beast,"...and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest...."The other beast is a religious figure wooing the world with miracles..."even causing fire to come down in full view of men."

Is Obama an Antichrist stage?

now i am not going to state that obama is the anti christ. because i do not know this for sure. but where in scripture does it state that the jews are going to accept him as there messiah and where does it state that he is going to be a jew?

be careful what you look for as the enemy it could deceive you.

Active
My honest belief is that the bible gives the best description of the characteristic of the anti-christ. But it's only when we put aside our personal opinions, fears , beliefs and tradition passed down to us, we'll be able to read the bible as is ,comparing scripture to back each scripture, and not use scripture to back what we think or perceive to be the truth.

Hitler, tony Blair, Reagan, clinton, Saddam, bin laden , bush 1 and 2...have all been labelled the anti-christ, when those predictions failed the predictors change the tone saying " They may not be the anti-christ but they are preparing the way "

In other words preparing the way, for the other guy who's going to preapre the way for other failed prediction.

When will we end the chain of choosing only political leaders, and open our eyes to religious leaders who have political influence. While our eyes are fixated on politicians who are the monsters. We create the perfect environment for "a saviour" to save us from these power striken leaders and their wars.

The whole point of the anti-christ is to sneak up on us, so for now my key verses are.

He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual
[Dan 11:37]

He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

This was taken from Eads home ministry.

When I hear statements like these coming out the mouth of any man, and he has power whether politcal or religious I'll call him the anti-christ.

But as of now, I'm not hearing anything generations before me didn't hear or predict.

Agnorance is my greatest enemy so I don't ignore what anyone has to say, I love the exchange of information.

If there is one thing I take notice of, is the political parties that have religious leaders who help them gain votes. Now I don't know about you, but there's no way this country is going to acheive a Christian government. That time has passed, the christian foundation the fore fathers built is being torn down. Having a christian leader is not going to stop the anti-christ or slow down the clock of the last days.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (new King James Version)
21Test all things; hold fast that which is good.

God has not revealed to me who the anti- christ is, so I can't agree or disagree with anyone until my Father speaks.

Be blessed, and talk in love.

Last edited:
I hear so many people say the passage in Daniel indicates that the antichrist will be a homosexual. This may in fact prove to be true. But to my mind we may be a bit heavy handed in applying modern sensibilities to scripture.

I don't have the original word Daniel uses for "desire" but I'm inclined to believe it doesnt indicate sexual desire as we commonly use it. What jumps out at me isnt that he doesnt have desire towards women but that he disregards their desire. I would tend to think of this as womens' rights. So what I take this passage to mean is not that he will be gay, but that his worldview is one of oppression and subjugation of women.

Islam is one such worldview and it fits amazingly neatly. All of the nations that were enemies of Israel in Scripture are Muslim nations. Further, the Bible calls the man of sin "Assyrian". Ultimately we won't know who he is until he is revealed and by then we will be in the presence of the Lord. The implications of his character and person are intriguing, nonetheless.

there are a lot of things that we can come up with concerning the antichrist. one thing we do know for sure is that the antichrist is first going to come to us as a christian and then turn the page 180 degrees. a smooth talking individual that tickles the flesh and ears of man.

i would not doubt that he is a homosexual but i think it will be hidden to start with.

one thing that i think is sad is many white people are against obama because he is black and many black people are for him because he is black. ladies and gentlemen let us not be deceived and hate or love because of the color of a mans skin. rather of those things that are truly godly.

a man that is against abortion and same sex marriage. a man that wants to teach our teen agers abstenence until marriage. a man that is not easily deceived or moved by the suggestion of man but a man that prays and seeks the lord before making a decision. do i feel as though obama is this man. no i do not nor do i think that we have had a true goddly leader in this nation for at least 100 years or so. or at least not one that have made it all the way through.

i feel bad for this nation because we care more about a man promising us money than we the truth of the gospel.

Last edited:
:shock::shock::shock:

He is not the anti-Christ [but his pro abortion, pro homosexual agenda, anti Christian (he openly states that the USA is not a Christian nation), pro Muslim (he openly stated -falsely) that the USA is a major Muslim nation] but he is an anti-Christ. Some of the media seem to think he is a god of sorts:

Newsweek’s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ‘Sort of God’

Thomas elaborated on Obama as God, patronizingly explaining: "He's going to bring all different sides together...Obama is trying to sort of tamper everything down. He doesn't even use the word terror. He uses extremism. He's all about let us reason together...He's the teacher. He is going to say, ‘now, children, stop fighting and quarreling with each other.’ And he has a kind of a moral authority that he – he can – he can do that." In response, Matthews wondered: "If there's a world election between him and Osama Bin Laden, he's running a good campaign." Thomas agreed: "Yes, he is."
Here is a transcript of the relevant portion of the exchange:
5:15PM SEGMENT:
CHRIS MATTHEWS: Tomorrow on the 65th anniversary of D-day, President Obama has a tough pair of acts to follow. His own speech yesterday and one given a quarter century ago. I remember getting up that morning in 1984 to catch President Reagan at Normandy. It was a real ‘Morning in America’ speech. I believe that Reagan’s ability to connect to World War II was a reason for his enormous popularity in this country. Here he was on the bluffs of France saying something very good about America, how we liberated Europe. That's the heart of it, really. The reason Reagan was popular, Roosevelt was popular, Jack Kennedy was popular, and Barack Obama is popular. Don't tear us down. Don't make us feel like victims or the angry guys or the worried guys. Make us feel American. I think the President's speech yesterday was the reason we Americans elected him. It was grand. It was positive. Hopeful. It said to the world, if you're a good guy, you've got nothing to fear from us. If you’ve got national aspirations, if you want to be respected as a people, if you want to be treated as an equal people in the world, we're on your side. If you're an aggressor, if you want to hold down other people, if you're driven by a predatory ideology, if you're out to hurt this country, look out. We Americans are that rattlesnake on that first flag, ‘Don't tread on me.’ But what I liked about the President's speech in Cairo was that it showed a complete humility. What he did was rob from the enemy, those who want to destroy us, their main case, the belief that only by extremism can the East reach equality of dignity with the West. The question now is whether the President we elected and spoke for us so grandly yesterday can carry out the great vision he gave us and to the world. If he can, he'll be honoring what happened on D-day 65 years ago tomorrow. He will be delivering the world once again from evil. Evan Thomas is editor at large for Newsweek magazine. Evan, you remember '84. It wasn't 100 years ago. Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?
EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something – I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God. He’s-
MATTHEWS: Yeah.
THOMAS: He's going to bring all different sides together. It's a very different-
MATTHEWS: Can he – well, here’s Ronald Reagan. Let's take a look, a little Friday night nostalgia. Here he is speaking about peace and reconciliation at Normandy back 25 years ago. Let's listen.
RONALD REAGAN: But we try always to be prepared for peace, prepared to deter aggression, prepared to negotiate the reduction of arms, and, yes, prepared to reach out again in the spirit of reconciliation. In truth, there is no reconciliation we would welcome more than a reconciliation with the Soviet Union so together we can lessen the risks of war now and forever.
MATTHEWS: Let's talk about the difference. He was talking about the evil empire, trying to reconcile with the people of Russia and the Soviet Union, but not the country. Barack Obama the other day was saying, yesterday, that we don't have an enemy out there per se. We have people who choose extremism, but Islam’s not our enemy. That's not the evil empire.
THOMAS: But Reagan did it with a very – for the first term it was a clenched fist. I mean, we ramped up the cold war before we ramped it down. We built up our military. We – all of this D-day stuff was about war. That was about fighting.
MATTHEWS: Right.
THOMAS: Reconciliation only after the fighting. That's not – Obama’s not doing that. Obama – we've had our fighting. Obama is trying to sort of tamper everything down. He doesn't even use the word terror. He uses extremism. He's all about let us reason together. I think he has a much tougher job, frankly, because-
MATTHEWS: What's his shtick? Reagan had the United States arms race, winning the arms race. And we had the threat of high frontier, we were going to beat the Soviets at technology.
THOMAS: I don't think he has – his shtick is he's the teacher. He's the teacher. He is going to say, ‘now, children, stop fighting and quarreling with each other.’ And he has a kind of a moral authority that he – he can – he can do that-
MATTHEWS: If there's a world election between him and Osama Bin Laden, he's running a good campaign.
THOMAS: Yes, he is.
Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Thomas, appearing on Hardball with Chris Matthews, was reacting to a preceding monologue in which Matthews praised Obama’s speech: "I think the President's speech yesterday was the reason we Americans elected him. It was grand. It was positive. Hopeful...But what I liked about the President's speech in Cairo was that it showed a complete humility...The question now is whether the President we elected and spoke for us so grandly yesterday can carry out the great vision he gave us and to the world."
Matthews discussed Obama’s upcoming speech marking the 65<sup>th</sup> anniversary of D-Day and compared it to that of Ronald Reagan. He then turned to Thomas and asked: "Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?" Thomas replied: "Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial."

Active
The thing is I can find articles with scripture to prove Bush, 1 and 2, hitler, the pope, saddam, bin laden, tony blair and many more linking them to be the anti-christ.

The anti-christ is suppose to claim to be christ, be the messiah, yet no one is looking at religious leaders. I don't see anyone bowing down to President Obama for many reasons, his race and supposed hidden religion.The fear factor was placed before he even got into power. He has fans but not worshipers because everyone is still waiting to see him perform ( fail ).

There's alot more clues to take place before we can pin point anyone to be the anti-christ.

That's why it's easy for people like Jim Jones, Marshal appleagate and Charles Mansion to set up their kingdoms, no one was looking at them.

It's only been 5- 6mths, we should be waiting for him to do stuff, remove the sheep clothing or something. As of now I can not say he is the anti-christ because God himself has not reveal it to me, I don't go with the wind or follow the crowd but I listen and test what everyone has to say.

President Obama could make the statement.." Great I am", and in one week hundreds of Christian forums would have threads stating " Obama is calling himself Jesus, he said he's the " Great I am ".

All eyes need to be on the UN, also I don't know of any Christian country govern by christian values with a christian leader. One group of persons can not define a whole society. Yes this country has christians in it, but it's far from having christian values. So sorry to burst anyone's bubble but this is not a christian nation. History books speaks for itself. When the church remove that false security blanket maybe then we'll see revival, because we will be forced to realized we are not " Perfect" that we need Holiness, not tradition and our pride (Patriotism ) will not save us.

Active
The media can call anyone anything, it would be labels...a person himself has to confess it with their lips.

I've never heard Bush say he's God, but I've heard people say he's playing God. Bush himself stated God told him to invade Iraq. But Bush has been called the anti-christ.

I've never heard President Obama claim to be God either. ...So the media who don't support Christian values, write scriptural or holy spirit led articles in my book has no creditability. They write to capture the reader, the play of words to get an emotional reaction from the audience. In which they succeed.

The media have the power to make or break someone, this country is caught up with celebrity status...and he's the first President to hold that. So if he's been called a god, there's a lot more adjectives to come his way.

Jimmy hendrix would be seen as a god because of his gifted hands and fan base. So again it's the job of the media to use the play of words to get a reaction.

Whatever news report, magazine that called him god, if they found a church with his picture and people bowing down to his image, then I know the context of their usage was to portray him as a religious icon.

They make comments like Brad pitt has the body of a g-d......the play of words to get an emotionally reaction from the audience.

I won't use the media as a source, there's no such thing as free media....it's controlled in some degree by the man with the bigger checkbook.

everyone will claim what they want concerning this man or that. it does not mean that we should take it and run with it. there are things about every leader around the world that can be considered acts of the antichrist. i believe that the real antichrist is going to be the head of a powerful church that claims christianity and has martyred and is or is going to martyr christians and back up the muslims in their efforts to destroy christians.