• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Not sure what i'm doing on here

Pretty much, the title sums it all up. I have no clue why I have joined talkjesus. I have no idea why I waited to get my account activated and why I logged in this evening.

As selfish as it sounds, I guess I wanted to know that I wasn't the only one struggling with a few things. That someone besides me, was struggling to pick themselves up. There is a comforting thought in knowing that. It sounds horrid, but its the truth....

I read a few of the threads, and some of the comments. Some made me smile, a few got me thinking and one or two annoyed me. So here I am, at 19.44 exhausted from work and hoping to God that joining this thing was a good idea.

Hello... welcome. There are always people in this world struggling with one thing or another, trust me. You're never alone and I hope this site will help you find some hope. It has helped me a lot through a very difficult time in my life.

One suggestion though, don't let those annoying replies bother you too much. Sometimes you just have to look past some people and make sure you know the truth.... because as long as you have that, nobody can hurt you....

Rest assured knowing that whatever you're struggling with, you're not the only one. :) If you ever need someone to talk to, or just want to chat, feel free to send me a message. :)

Administrator
Staff Member
Welcome to the forums sister. You're not alone.

We all struggle, even as Christians. Its these tough trials that make us stronger, better our character and sanctify us (by GOD's work and grace) to become like Jesus. We just must take up our cross and follow Jesus.

Mark 8:34
[ The Way of the Cross ] Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Staff Member
Welcome tearyeyed!
Hope that you won't be that way for long! Always remember that you are not alone, nor will you ever be! God has a way of answering folks when they are in their most dire of circumstances. My hope is that this is but one way He has chosen to help lift you up! Be Welcome! You're amongst many brothers and sisters here!

Welcome to Talk Jesus!

We are glad you decided to join. One thing I know is there is nothing like getting together with others who love our Lord and fellowshipping with them. We look forward to seeing you post and we are all here praying for you.

Jesus loves you and we do too.

May God bless and Keep you always : )

I went through the same thing...

Yes... I did the same thing. I was looking up "future husband" in google. Hoping I could find tips on waiting patiently for a future husband. I came across a thread on "talk jesus" and i was very interested in the site for awhile. I decided to sign up. I don't really know why I did it. But I guess maybe God drew me to this site.

And yes, I was hoping i could find other people who are going through the same exact things or thing i am going through. Waiting patiently for their future husband or wife.

-Angelina

G'day tearyeyed,

Jesus knows about suffering very well.He will help you..ask Him.

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(Mat 11:29-30 NKJV)

I hope your burdens lessen and remember your brothers and sisters can help carry them. :)

God bless.

Yo

Jesus became a man, just like us. Jesus knows what it is like to struggle. Jesus knows you and your struggles, through and through. You are never alone, Jesus is always there. Talk to him every day, he will answer you.

Hello and welcome!

Even though you have no idea why, you joined! I believe that's God at work, so take advantage of us here and let us help you figure it all out! Keep coming back! Read, listen, ask!

Everybody struggles from time to time; Nobody has it all down pat; Nobody is perfect.
We are all human beings and life goes on around us, sometimes painfully, sometimes with questions ... Why? Why? Why?

You'll be in my prayers.

WOW! i can't believe that so many people took the time to reply. thank you. i guess i underestimate the human heart and have grown a little cynical.

@Audreynicole: thanks, I was a little worried and it did put me off for a while.

@Bentoast: i just might hold you to that...and it goes both ways.

I was so worried my first post would be ignored like the plague..:)

Its comforting to know that so many people understand..and i'm looking forward to talking about my religion without feeling weird.

I can't help questioning everything and worrying even when I know my God is control.

Again thank you all for making me feel welcome..

WOW! i can't believe that so many people took the time to reply. thank you. i guess i underestimate the human heart and have grown a little cynical.

@Audreynicole: thanks, I was a little worried and it did put me off for a while.

@Bentoast: i just might hold you to that...and it goes both ways.

I was so worried my first post would be ignored like the plague..:)

Its comforting to know that so many people understand..and i'm looking forward to talking about my religion without feeling weird.

I can't help questioning everything and worrying even when I know my God is control.

Again thank you all for making me feel welcome..

Glad we could help!! Everyone is always welcome here.

But you say you have trouble with worrying... I know exactly how you feel. I am going through a trial in my life and I have struggled with God's will and giving up control, but also with having complete faith and trust once I gave up that control. It can be very difficult especially when you have no idea where God is leading you. Right now I have no idea where or how this issue in my life is going to end. And that has been extremely difficult for me because I am the type of person that always has everything under control, and whenever there's a problem I'm always ready to fix it. So not being able to control it and not being able to fix it has been stressful. But after months of intense relationship therapy (with God) I have finally come to the point where I completely trust Him with everything. I no longer worry and in fact, I am incredibly happy and at peace even though I still don't no what's going on... I know that He is in control and that's all that matters.

Don't worry about anything, just pray about everything... and let God take charge while you just live your life in love and happiness. I found in these past few months I was continually having to re-give up control to God... I would give it up, but then grab it back. For me it really helped to learn everything I could about God especially the topics of trust, God's love, the character of God, God's will, crucifying your flesh, and living through the Holy Spirit. Here is a site that has truly been helpful to me:
How to Know God :: Campus Crusade for Christ International
They provide very helpful methods for growing in your faith and walk with Christ, and thus, learning to understand God's will so you always know where to go and what to do.

Like I said, I am finally at the point in my life where I can completely trust God, my Father, for everything in my life, and I am so happy that everything I do depends on Him because I know He knows all the best paths for me to take. My suggestion is pray. Through prayer I have learned so much and grown so much closer to the Lord. Find a prayer style that fits your style and just start talking. I like to write so sometimes I'll write letters to God. Most the time though I just talk to Him like He's right here next to me listening to all my thoughts. I'll pray for sometimes 40 minutes just talking on and on in praise, thanksgiving, and expressing my desires. It's almost like therapy and I have found that a lot of the time through just talking I am able to find answers and discover what God wants from me as He leads my prayers.

So I hope that whatever you are dealing with you will give to God to let Him deal with, and I suggest you do everything you can to get as close to Him as possible. If you need any prayer ideas feel free to pm me or I can post them here. I hope this helps!

God Bless you,

Last edited:
But you say you have trouble with worrying... I know exactly how you feel. I am going through a trial in my life and I have struggled with God's will and giving up control, but also with having complete faith and trust once I gave up that control. It can be very difficult especially when you have no idea where God is leading you. Right now I have no idea where or how this issue in my life is going to end. And that has been extremely difficult for me because I am the type of person that always has everything under control, and whenever there's a problem I'm always ready to fix it. So not being able to control it and not being able to fix it has been stressful.

Its so strange that I can relate to all the things you are saying. I give up control for a day, but find that I have taken it back. Have to keep reminding myself that Jesus is more than enough me in every sense.

When I pray, i have a confidence that i don't normally have. but it seems as I go through the week or when I haven't prayed as much as normal, that this confidence slips. And then the worrying kicks in like clockwork.

But thank you for your words and prayers. Will have a look at the website you sent now.

Hi tearyeyed. I joined also because I am going through a tough season in life and I want to reach out and be reached out to. Don't worry, you are never alone.

Staff Member
Hi tearyeyed. I joined also because I am going through a tough season in life and I want to reach out and be reached out to. Don't worry, you are never alone.

I welcome you as I welcomed Tearyeyed, Joy4Christ!!!!
Welcome and be blessed.
From your bio, it's easy to see you been through a few fires, and have come out stronger for it. Awesome! Not awesome when going through them, but when it builds our relationship with Christ we begin to garner a greater understanding of what it means to have our Hope always forward in our thoughts and life thereby lessening the pain that passing through the fire brings. As you already know you are not alone, nor will you ever be! A most comforting thought! You're amongst many brothers and sisters here Be Welcome! YBIC

Welcome to TJ! Rest assured that you are not alone , all of us share in your struggle my friend. Surround yourself with the things of God and watch Him do great and wonderful things.

Blessings

NC

Welcome tearyeyed.

I think everyone assumes because we are Christians that our lives are perfect. And I want to laugh and say 'Who said that? Where does it say in the Bible that the Christian life is easy?' If you find some of the things I have posted (like my testimony), you will find that my life has been far from easy or perfect!

I think also we all worry to some extent. Some might never admit it, but we all do. I know I do. And then I remind myself that worrying is taking control away from God and not trusting Him to do what He does best. It helps to know that when we worry or our lives are chaotic and we can't go on, God is waiting for us to take a step of faith. And when we do that...He says 'I'll never leave nor forsake you. Come and climb on my lap, my child.'

As selfish as it sounds, I guess I wanted to know that I wasn't the only one struggling with a few things.

As the saying goes, "If you were the only one it ever happened to, there wouldn't be words for it." We have a Counseling forum here and a Women's forum (male members can't access it). Help is available. Enjoy the site.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)

It sounds like you were led here so I think you will find something here that will help you or give you courage. I am having some struggles too and hope I find answers. It may not happen as soon as I want but I think a lot of people go through similar problems and even knowing that helps. Good luck :)

So glad that you are here, teayeyed. I know that you will find alot of understanding and love here. We all struggle, but it is the peace of knowing that God is there.
I know that it is not an accident that you are here... God has a way of working things out!