• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

No Repentance of Sins in Peter's Gospel

Active
What do you say to someone you see walking away from your altar call to repent and you asked them why and they said they want to come to Jesus and believe in Him, but they have to clean up their lives first because you told them to?
I teach against your false denomination and their altar calls.

Active
I teach against your false denomination and their altar calls.
You are not actually reading my post very well or you are just glancing at it.

I am addressing your altar call to repent of sins.

What do you say to someone you see walking away from your altar call to repent & you asked them why & they said they want to come to Jesus & believe in Him, but they have to clean up their lives first because you told them to?

What would you say then?

Active
You are not actually reading my post very well or you are just glancing at it.
You are the one who doesn't read what I say, for you have asked me this same question many times and I have answered you many times.
I am addressing your altar call to repent of sins.

What do you say to someone you see walking away from your altar call to repent & you asked them why & they said they want to come to Jesus & believe in Him, but they have to clean up their lives first because you told them to?

What would you say then?
I already explained it to you many times, but you keep your false talking points as if I didn't discuss this with you before.
What person wants to be saved and starts obeying Jesus but doesn't come to Jesus?
I don't believe your made up question it is nonsensical.
I tell people who want to be saved that they have to come to Jesus and confess their sins to him, and repent of them, they have to tell Jesus they will do everything he says and die to the sins of the world and live to please him. They are to have faith that Jesus' blood purifies them and that they are to call on him for his Spirit.

Active
You are the one who doesn't read what I say, for you have asked me this same question many times and I have answered you many times.

I already explained it to you many times, but you keep your false talking points as if I didn't discuss this with you before.
What person wants to be saved and starts obeying Jesus but doesn't come to Jesus?
I don't believe your made up question it is nonsensical.
I tell people who want to be saved that they have to come to Jesus and confess their sins to him, and repent of them, they have to tell Jesus they will do everything he says and die to the sins of the world and live to please him. They are to have faith that Jesus' blood purifies them and that they are to call on him for his Spirit.
So you say you have answered the question and then say that it is nonsensical for why you didn't answer the question?

How about answering it again if you claimed to have done it numerous times before.

What would you say to some that say that they are not coming to believe in Jesus because they believe they have to clean up their lives first?

Would you say, "You are correct to do that and come back when you have repented from all known sins in your life" ?

Or... would you say something else because I do not see the example above in any event in the Book of Acts.

Active
@Curtis

Read what that conviction of sin is.

John 16:9 Of sin, because they belive not in me.
An unsaved person needs repentance because of sin, so does a believer who has unconfessed sin in their life.

I am not sure how that happened but the second quote box is not my quote and I cannot find it anywhere in that post that you supposedly quoted that from.

So I am assuming that is your comment in that second quote box, correct?

An unsaved person needs deliverance because of sin and Jesus will grant that deliverance by His grace & by His help.

A believer who has unconfessed sin in their life will need Jesus to convict him of that sin to ask Him for forgiveness and His help not to do that again.

So where is our hope on? On ourselves or on Him to deliver us from our sins to destroy the works of the devil in our lives? 1 John 3:3 1 John 3:8 2 Timothy 4:18 Those verses says the hope is on Jesus Christ to do this. Do we believe Him or not? Then where should we be putting that hope on for sinners to go to, to be delivered from their sins? To themselves to repent from sins or go to Jesus to deliver them from their sins to no longer live in them?

Loyal
I am not sure how that happened but the second quote box is not my quote and I cannot find it anywhere in that post that you supposedly quoted that from.
Sorry, some kind of computer glitch that I could not fix on my end.

Active
So you say you have answered the question and then say that it is nonsensical for why you didn't answer the question?

How about answering it again if you claimed to have done it numerous times before.

What would you say to some that say that they are not coming to believe in Jesus because they believe they have to clean up their lives first?

Would you say, "You are correct to do that and come back when you have repented from all known sins in your life" ?

Or... would you say something else because I do not see the example above in any event in the Book of Acts.
I answered your question again. You must be blind.

Loyal

@GodB4Us

Subject heading:- No Repentance of Sins in Peter's Gospel

Peter's Gospel - Preached to the Jews at Jerusalem for Pentecost:-

'Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing
shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And He shall send Jesus Christ,
which before was preached unto you:
Whom the heaven must receive
until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken
by the mouth of all His holy prophets
since the world began.'
(Act 3:19-21)

:love:

Active

Peter's Gospel:-

which God hath spoken
since the world began.'

False teachers change the meanings of words to support their false doctrine.

Repenting is of sins. It has been what has always been taught throughout the whole Bible.

But then false teachers come along and change 'repent of sins' to 'change your mind about Jesus'.

They change ‘obedience to everything God says’ to ‘faith alone’.

The Calvinists change the words 'all' and 'whomever' to mean 'some'.

There are the Catholics who change the word 'venerate' to not mean 'worship' even though they are synonyms.

Some also change the word ‘fear’ and say it really means 'respect', so as to teach people not to fear God, even though God says salvation is near those who fear Him.

Active

@GodB4Us

Peter's Gospel - Preached to the Jews at Jerusalem for Pentecost:-

which God hath spoken
since the world began.'

How are their sins blotted out? By believing in Him is the remission of sins.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

It goes back to the OP once again that the call to repent is to repent from unbelief by believing in Him to be saved.

Let's consider the lack of call to repent given to the Gentiles for the remission of sins to come about. Where is it?

Going back to the Jews for Acts 2:38-39, where is the call to believe in Him for the remission of sins? Where is it? All it says is repent and be water baptized in His name and somehow they get the remission of sins. So that is why repent here is to repent from unbelief for having crucified Jesus in unbelief in Acts 2:36 as Peter said so of the Jews for why in Acts 2:37, they were pricked in their hearts for doing so and they had asked what can they do now? Repent from unbelief by believing in him for the remission of sins.

So your application of Acts 3:19-21 has to be applied in that way too in order for their sins to be blotted out hence by believing in Him for the remission of those sins.