Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

muslim on board

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Lollipop2000, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 Bobinfaith, Apr 17, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
    Dear Lollipop2000,

Welcome to Talk Jesus. I praise God for His leading you here and commend you for taking the "first step" in your opening thread, learning by talking to a Christian. I hope to fellowship with you in Live Chat soon.

I appreciate your honesty of your views in your introduction and you share many, many mixture of thoughts in your heart, soul, and mind. Yes, you and I can debate and debate for pure stimulation of mind but the most difficult is your belief that Jesus Christ is not the son of God. Therefore, brother, it really is a wonderful opportunity to witness to you. The seed will be planted in you! Praise His wonderful name!

You see, I can maintain an open heart that Muslims naturally feel that Mohammed was a prophet and that billions of brothers and sisters follow Islam. Its also Truth that thousands and thousands of these billions of Muslims have indeed converted to Christianity in KENYA, UGANDA, CANADA, SOUTH AMERICA, for starters and believe me, these are nations that are not easy to evangelize. Praise God for His nations and servants who have introduced Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour!

I have read the Qoran, there are two other Muslim texts that follow the Qoran depending what Allah's approach to peaceful or violent means to follow his calling. Very impressive. Your muslim faith also compromises some of God's Word but not in agreement with all.

You are correct that God is the same God for everyone. God gives us all this opportunity. But the bottom line is Jesus Christ is the son of God, there is no compromise here and the freewill to accept that the only way to our Father (God, Allah, Buddah, whatever terminology you choose to use) is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that is the difference with our faith, Lollipop2000.

If you are serious about learning more about Chrisitianity, it is my prayer and hope that you will be led to the Truth, The Way, to Jesus Christ the son of God, and become converted to Christianity.

Otherwise, if you are just seeking conversation, debate, and an opportunity to impress the young believers here, Jesus always wins. And I will make a stand for Him and protect his flock.

Thank you for allowing me to share your thread.

Your servant in Christ Jesus.

2. Lollipop, I suggest you spend quality time here
    http://www.talkjesus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Evidence of Jesus Christ. This shows you the prophecies mentioned in the The Holy Bible that were already fulfilled in the past, being fulfilled now and what is to come to be fulfilled soon in the end of times.

Mohammed is a fraud 'prophet'. Same to all others. Only legit one is the only one who came with the bold statement in TRUTH, Jesus Christ - said He is the Way, the Life, the Savior.

Did mohammed pay for your sins? Did he perform miracles and raise the dead? Why would anyone beieve in such degrading lies from islam or any religion? Christianity is founded by Christ, it is not a religion but the WAY to the Father. It is Truth. It is not man's opinions and lies but Truth from the Creator Himself.

Amen.

3. Hello Lollipop:
    I commend you for seeking out the truth of Christ (God, as I call our Heavenly Father). There are many misconceptions about religion worldwide, and the only way to know is to seek the truth through prayer, reading the scriptures and asking. I can sum it all up in one word for you. GOD IS LOVE!!..plain and simple.
    His greatest commandment was to first love your neightbor as you love yourself, then..To Love your God with all your heart, and all you mind and all you soul and all your being. If you keep these things close to you, you will find the true God. The God of Love, Peace and Mercy...shalem.

4. 1st let me say that I am sorry. I'm so new at all of this. I didn't know all caps meant you were upset or shouting. I use all caps for the names of GOD, all persons of the GODHEAD. HE deserves all caps. I hope none of you will mind.

Having said that.

Lollipop2000,

Here is what the LORD wanted me to show you.

Jesus the Good Shepherd John 10: 1-6

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." 6Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.

I don't know who you are Lollipop2000. There is only ONE who does. HE wrote down your destiny before the foundation of the world. In light of this fact.

2All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. Luke 10:22

Abraham is referred to as "the father of faith."
    It wasn't because of the hope that the LORD was real. Abraham knew for a fact that the LORD was real. The LORD had appeared to him more than once. THe reason that Abraham had faith was because he believed the promise that the LORD had made to him and it was accredited to Abraham as righteousness.
    Faith is something someone teaches you. The FATHER draws all to HIS SON who HE chooses, according to what HE has written from the foundation of the world.
    I challenge you Lollipop2000, pray to my LORD JESUS at least once and ask HIM to reveal HIS GLORY to you. jmh137

5. My bad! I didn't re-read what I just wrote very well, before I posted it. It takes me forever-------- to type as I only use one finger. So, I will correct my error here. When I said faith is something someone teaches you, it was suppose to be faith is not something someone teaches you. Sorry!

6. #26 Tar Hollow camper, Apr 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2005
    Jeus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father EXCEPT THROUGH ME". (John 14:6)

Jesus says He's the ONLY way to eternity with God. Either He's wrong, not being who he says He is, or He is the TRUE Messiah as He claimed to be. Check out this link to see what the incredible odds are that PROVE He's the TRUE Messiah, the one and ONLY way to eternal life with God...

[edited by Yeshua: links used only with permission]

7. #27 Tar Hollow camper, Apr 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2005
    Lollipop, check out this web page made by former Muslims now converted to Christianity..lots of links to testimonies, etc. by former Muslims.

[edited by Yeshua: links used only with permission]

8. Welcome to talk Jesus I had typed out a different greeting but I lost it ! So sad! lol !
    Though we have two different beliefs systems I want you to know that I will be nice. When some people hear the word muslim they think very negative about that person i want you to know that I dont do that!

I wanted to talk with you about where you asked about " that Prophet " that is also talking about Jesus.

Act 3:22 For Moses said, The Lord will give you a prophet from among your people, like me; you will give ear to everything which he will say to you.
    Act 3:23 And every soul who does not give attention to that prophet, will be cut off from among the people.
    Act 3:24 And all the prophets from Samuel and those who came after, every one of them, gave word of these days.
    Act 3:25 You are the sons of the prophets, and of the agreement which God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham, Through your seed a blessing will come on all the families of the earth.
    Act 3:26 To you, first, God sent his servant, blessing you by turning every one of you from his sins.

I hope to hear from you again! i do not like to debate but i do like to conversate ( lol ) God Bless You

9. Brother please hear my words We are to Love one another ! we are not to judge.
    Rom 13:10 Love does no wrong to his neighbour, so love makes the law complete.

Joh 13:34 I give you a new law: Have love one for another; even as I have had love for you, so are you to have love one for another.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you.
    Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

I know that you are a wonderfull christain brother please dont let anger rein. All people where hurt on that day but we can not treat people mean or in anger with what someone else has done .. I pray that you will not become angry with me i just had to say something your sister in Christ Jesuslovesu

10. Lollipop2000,
    I have been checking in from time to time on your this thread you started. After reading Jesuslovesu's (which was so wonderful) post, I too wanted to ask you not to leave us yet. Being on this thread you started has been a real blessing to me. I was never angry when I posted. I just didn't know (and still don't ) much about all this type of communicating. All caps for me when I use any name of the FATHER, SON, or HOLY SPIRIT means glory to each person of the TRINITY ( the great GOD JEHOVAH) in my heart,but I didn't know that using all caps was a sign of yelling or implying anger,until my daughter brought it to my attention. I have been so sad when ever I checked to see new posts and there weren't any. I had prayed that GOD would protect in this area, so that I had offended no one. I pray that you will post again so we can carry on this disscussion. I was raised in the south "BIBLE belt" all my life and although my Mother made sure that I always got to church when a was a child. I was never brainwashed so to speak about the LORD ( I am not saying that you were in the religious system you have known) but I chose to go very far in my youth and until I was in my 30's, far any thing I had known. Apathy and total selfish was in control of me and I was my own god I guess. I didn't care and wondered if any god was even out there. My life's story is a long one and not a very pretty picture. I don't have the time now to go into details, but don't go away. Thanks Jesuslovesu for caring. GOD bless all!!! Later on ....jmh137

11. Hello again.

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately. I was a bit busy with my new forums and other stuff.

jmh137 - I wasn't offended by anything you said. In fact, I thought all your posts were very considerate and peaceful.

Tar Hollow Camper - Thanks for the links. I'll take a look at them later, although I'm familiar with the site answering-islam.org. It's a popular one.

Jesuslovesu - Thanks for answering the question about the prophet. But I didn't know Christians regarded Jesus as a prophet. I thought they believed he was the Messiah and God (and the Son of God). So is he a prophet as well?

Chad - No, Mohammed didn't pay for my sins. But you see, I don't believe in the concept of someone paying for my sins. Every person is responsible for his/her own sins, otherwise people would be lazy and wouldn't care if they did bad things.. they'll say "oh, Jesus already paid for our sins".

I have always had a question about the crucifixion. People say that God sacrificed His only Son on the cross for the sake of the people.. to forgive their sins. But the person who suffered on the cross wasn't the soul of Jesus (which is God), it was the flesh of Jesus (which belongs to Mary). So on that day, I think Mary was the one who sacrificed her son.. because the flesh was lost. But the soul returned to God.. so what did God lose by this?

A Christian guy once told me that after the crucifixtion, the soul fo Jesus (i.e. God) went to Hell for 3 days to suffer there for the sake of Christians. Is that common belief among Christians? If so, then the 3 days in Hell were God's sacrifice, and the crucifixtion was Mary's sacrifice. If there were no 3 days in Hell, then I want to know what God's loss was.

Another question is that Jesus used to pray to God and before the crucifixtion he prayed for God to let the cup pass from him (I think that's what he said) which means Jesus didn't want to be crucified. Also on the cross, he shouted "Eli Eli lama sabachthani" (My Lord, My Lord why hast thou forsaken me?). So why was he shouting if he wanted to be cruficied for the sake of the people? It looks like he didn't want it. And why would God Himself (in the body of Jesus) be praying to God Himself (up in Heaven) and God Himself was also wandering around as the Holy Ghost at the same time, wasn't He? What's the point of someone pleading to Himself?

I know that thing some Christians say about God being in three forms like water, steam and ice, but why is each "form" communicating with the other like the other is another creature or person?

12. #32 Safari-Olli, Apr 19, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
    Hi there, to many mails,

God bless you, sister!

Safari

13. While I will respond it might take me a bit to type it all out.

14. Ok so I cheated on this sorry mostly copy and post (lol) I am writing though more to discuss with you and I decided to put them in two separate posts. Because if not it will be to long to keep anyones attention on the computer(man if only we could turn pages instead of scroll jk lol) In case you haven't noticed I think I'm funny lol!
    Main Entry: proph·et 
    Pronunciation: 'prä-f&t
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English prophete, from Old French, from Latin propheta, from Greek prophEtEs, from pro for + phanai to speak -- more at FOR, BAN
    1 : one who utters divinely inspired revelations; specifically often capitalized : the writer of one of the prophetic books of the Old Testament
    2 : one gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight; especially : an inspired poet
    3 : one who foretells future events : PREDICTOR
    4 : an effective or leading spokesman for a cause, doctrine, or group
    5 Christian Science a : a spiritual seer b : disappearance of material sense before the conscious facts of spiritual Truth

So you know I looked up the meaning of prophet online at a free dictionary place I did not create it. Looking at this definition Jesus is a prophet , but He is a lot more than just a prophet

He is Jehovah -Jireh meaning the Lord will provide : Joh 6:35 Jesus said unto them. I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

YHWH-Rohi means the Lord is my Sheppard : Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.

El Shaddai means The All sufficient One: Co 12:9 And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    There are others if you want me to list them but I fear this may already be to long let me know if you want to see the rest or better yet I will write them out and post them later! :) So you know my fingers are not to happy lol!

15. Jesuslovesu - I'll be re-reading your post again because it needs some absorption of information.

Soldier of God - Hahahaha. You remind me of some Bin Laden followers. But you must be the Christian version. Let me tell you something though, you're pushing people away from Jesus with that attitude. Not only that, but you also invite attacks on you in response to yours. I'm no Christian and you know that. If you slap me, I will not turn the other cheek. I'll slap you back.

16. Lolipop, there is no call to make such a statement as you have towards Solider of God that you will slap him. I am warning you, if you talk like that to any member on this forum you will no longer be on the forum. I hope I have made myself clear.

17. I didn't say I'll slap him. I said if he slaps me (i.e. attacks for no reason), then I'll respond with the same. It's a metaphor or whatever it is they call it.

18. You brought up the slapping and it is not appropriate...we have young children on here and I will not allow you or anyone else cause a problem. I do not care if it is called a metaphor or not, it is not acceptable.

19. #39 Lollipop2000, Apr 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2005
    Eh. I didn't start calling people the "anti-Christ" or Satanist or whatever or refer to plane hijacking.

Gimme a break here. You're discriminating based on your own religion just because Soldier of God is Christian.

I'm out of this place.

20. No one on this site has gone over to any of your muslim sites to intentionally cause problems. How many muslim's call Christian's infidel's? How many muslim's desire to do jihad? You wonder why we are a little touchy on the subject? I do not know of any other religious belief's that desire to kill people just because they do not believe what they believe today in 2005. Children desiring to kill people for no other reason then to by a martyer. Are we concerned? Absolutely.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.