• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Moderators Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Chad, I hope I'm not to late with this post but I would like to be considered for a moderator here with my family at Talk Jesus. I have prayed about this and feel God pushing me ahead to post a "yes" here for you. Of course I will go with whatever you are discerning from the Holy Spirit and the good of the site. To keep this post short and not reiterate other posts I will say i affirm what they have all posted. and the most important item i will re-state is JESUS IS LORD OF MY LIFE and I will spread His Love and Word anyway I can. Be Blessed as always Brother.
In His Service, Deeply Changed

Mod JObs

Hey there Chad well how are you doing i was browsin about the fabulous site you have done wondourous (not spelt right) with God and others ad i came to a post to say that you where in need of Moderators I believe I should be a mod because I have been a mod on many other forums, because my only purpose is to move God's kingdom forward, and because I believe this would be a good start to my ministerial services to the Lord in some ways.I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day to show that he has dominion over death
I believe that there is 1 God in 3 persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I believe in the 12 spiritual gifts listed in 1 Cor.
I believe you cannot get into heaven by good works, but must pray the sinners prayer, and make Jesus your Lord and Savior

Please Reply to me when you have made this decisoion God Bless You Always
Follow_Jesus (Samantha ) :love: :love: :love:

Samantha, It is very kind of you to offer to be a mod. I see that you know Christ and the basic foundations of the Christian faith. I think there a few things as a Mod to bear in mind, as soon as some one comes to TJ is not suitable to start as a Mod. Here a number of my reason's why:
1) Understand how the forum works.
2) Knowing the various people on here - this comes with time on TJ
3) Experience with living the Christian faith as an adult to understand adult issues - how you provide assistance for someone contemplating death? How does one respond to someone how has deep psychological issues stemmed from years of abuse?
4) In some countries there are strict guidlines around the age of Moderators.

This is not discourage you from fully participating in the forums as I think that is a great idea, this will give you experience you need in the future.

God Bless you Samantha

I am not saying if you can or cannot be a Moderator. I understand in England there are some very strict guidelines inorder to be a Mod on a forum and one I know if is that you have to be 18 or older to start.
I was on here for 5 months before I became a Mod Samantha. I actively participated in the forum without even considering becoming a Mod. My goal for being on TJ was not to be a Mod but a member, to serve others. Set your eyes on Him and His call for you. Be prepared for whatever answer you get.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad:

Re: Moderator (Christian Teacher Education Forum)

Purpose: We are responsible for the Righteous education of our children.

I BELIEVE THAT: I have a formal statement of faith that I use for the Chapel in my school.

Jesus died for me.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God" (John 3:16-21, NKJ).

I opened my heart to Jesus and asked him to come in. I will overcome (I will be obedient and faithful in all things).

"Behold, I stand at the door and Knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, al I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne" (Revelation 3:20,21, NKJ).

I will inherit all things. I am a child of God.

"He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son" (Revelation 21:7, NKJ).

My name is written in the Book of Life.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the book of Life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:12-15, NKJ).

Jesus is coming. I will be rewarded for my work.

"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work" (Revelation 22:12, NKJ).

I live by every word of God.

"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God" (Luke 4:4, NKJ).

I keep God's commandments. I love Him. He loves me.

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world? Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me" (John 14:21-24, NKJ).

I am a good seed, a child of the kingdom.

"...He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teach. Then the righteous sill shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!...Have you understood all these things?..." (Matthew 13:31-52, NKJ).

PHYSICAL LOCATION:

Salt Lake City, Utah

COMPUTER SKILLS:

Appanage Vision, Inc. Business license:
Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools
I use a laptop computer and software for education programs. I have a corporate office with office machines.

TALK JESUS

I am a new member of Talk Jesus. (Older member of the body of Christ. I have been a Christian for 22 years.)

I visit the Talk Jesus web site daily because it is a genuine fellowship of believers in Jesus.

WHY I SHOULD BE A MODERATOR AND WHY I QUALIFY:

I am diligent with regard to my professional practice (scholar/research) and the ministry of Christian education.

It is not about me. We are responsible for the education our children.

I respect the Talk Jesus website (Brothers and Sisters).

Last edited:
Chad,

I know that as Talk Jesus continues to grow the need for moderators will grow as well. I wish to make myself available for the needs of Talk Jesus, however you may see fit. I have posted several installments of my testimony in my journal for all to see, by the way the journal system works great.
As for what I believe:

I believe that there is one God, that God is manifest in the Father, in the Son and in the Holy Spirit
I believe that man is sinful by nature
I believe that God the Father sent His Son to live on this earth as fully man, tempted in all ways like us.
I believe that the Son lived a perfect life, one without sin.
I believe that the Son was crucified, and in so doing He became sin, and took the wages of my sin on himself.
I believe that He died on that cross
I believe that He was buried and dead.
I believe that He arose, fully alive on the third day
I believe that He is now at the right hand of the Father as my priest and advocate.
I believe that the Word is true and without error.
I know that because I believe and confess that I am saved, by faith, and this faith which God has given me, prompts me to act.

I received Christ as my Lord, on October 14th 1987, after meeting a missionary in France.
I live in Jacksonville Florida
I have 20 years of Avionics and Computer training through the military. I visit Talk Jesus daily.
Talk Jesus is an awesome site where the believer can be lifted up and educated and the lost can find the Saviour. My goal here is to be an instrument of both that educational process and the sharing of the Gospel to a lost and dying world.
I do not believe myself to be any better equipped then others on this site who wish to be a moderator, however, as I have prayed and God has directed me to apply.
For some personal info. I am married (24 years) I have 2 sons, both in College, one studies Computer Science, the other Computer Graphics. I was a commercial Art major in College, and am current finishing a degree in Christian Counselling from the Baptist College of Florida. I serve full time as the Associate Pastor and Youth Minister at Long Branch Baptist Church in Jacksonville. I am also retired from the US Navy.

Thank you for the opportunity and know that I pray for you each day.

In Christ Service
Terry

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you all for your responses. I'm very impressed and pleased with your true inspriation from our Savior Jesus and your love for this site.

I will add 3 more moderators. This will equal out to 12 total moderators including myself, hence the 12 apostles. I love the idea and shared it with others.

12 is a perfect number I feel regardless of how much TJ will grow (and you better prepared for the great growth of GOD's glory here at TJ!).

God bless

I would like to be a Moderator, but you know I want more than that to be in God's will.

God Bless you chad in your search!

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad:

Did you know that the education system in America was originated in the same way (12 apostles = 12 grades)?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Aly Bon Vie

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
That's an interesting point burgeon, I was honestly not aware of that. :) Nice to know thanks for sharing!

Hey Chad,
Here is my application.

I believe that christ died for my sins on the cross so that i might be saved and join him in the clouds when he returns or when i leave this earth.
I believe that he died for every single person on this earth.
I believe in the spiritual gifts like (speaking in toungues and the gift of prophesy and all the other ones)
I believe that Christ rose again on the third day and assended into the clouds just as the Bible says.
I basically believe everything in the Bible. Becuz if there is one flaw in it then I prolly shouldn't really believe it.

I live in Pennsylvania United stated. In a small town. (very small town)

I have some expierience in Graphic art. And I have helped make my mom and dads website for their musical ministry. the website is.......www.edenlight.org

I visit Talk Jesus atleast 5 times a day. And i am on the computer alot. So i would have alot of time to do stuff on the computer for Talk Jesus.

My vision for talkjesus is for it to grow and to be as God would want it to be. For it to have Godly leaders. And that everything in it be done for the right reasons. And that every decision be made after praying about it.

I think I should be a moderator because I have views for TalkJesus that are only Godly and good. And i hope you consider me Chad.

And plz dont underestimate because of my age. Because GOd would still consider me and we are supposed to strive for Godliness are we not?
That is all I have to say.
Thank you so much Chad and God Bless.

<Slugger165><

prayer for Chad and the moderators

This is not an application for the moderators but a prayer for them. They have a difficult job to do.

I work as a debt manager in real life and have to deal with tough negotiations when people dont want to pay so I can see that the moderators here have a tough job and the chatroom needs to support them in love and unity and prayer.

Father God bless Chad and the moderators with Your Holy Spirit. Guide them in the tough decisions that they must make and may they sense the prayers that we meet.

Lord grant Chad the serenity to be discerning when he chooses people to govern the site and may it be Jesus and not him that makes the decisions.

Holy Spirit we bless your name.

In Jesus name amen

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.

God bless you all and you have prayer back up :)

David aka SmileBig

Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you brother David for that prayer :D

Always can use a prayer!

Monitors Wanted Reply

A. My Statement of Faith

1. The sixty-six canonical books of the Bible as originally written were inspired of God, hence free from error. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and practice.

2. There is one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, infinite in being and perfection. He exists eternally in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are of one substance and equal in power and glory.

3. God created Adam and Eve in his own image. By disobedience, they fell from their sinless state through the temptation by Satan. This fall plunged humanity into a state of sin and spiritual death, and brought upon the entire race the sentence of eternal death. From this condition we can be saved only by the grace of God, through faith, on the basis of the work of Christ, and by the agency of the Holy Spirit.

4. The eternally pre-existent Son became incarnate without human father, by being born of the Virgin Mary. Thus, in the Lord Jesus Christ, divine and human natures were united in one Person, both natures being whole, perfect, and distinct. To effect salvation, he lived a sinless life and died on the cross as the sinner's substitute, shedding his blood for the remission of sins. On the third day he rose from the dead in the body, which had been laid in the tomb. He ascended to the right hand of the Father, where he performs the ministry of intercession. He shall come again, personally and visibly, to complete his saving work and to consummate the eternal plan of God.

5. The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Triune God. He applies to man the work of Christ. By justification and adoption we are given a right standing before God; by regeneration, sanctification, and glorification our nature is renewed.

6. When we have turned to God in penitent faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we are accountable to God for living a life separated from sin and characterized by the fruit of the Spirit. It is our responsibility to contribute by word and deed to the universal spread of the Gospel.

7. At the end of the age, the bodies of the dead shall be raised. The righteous shall enter into full possession of eternal bliss in the presence of God, and the wicked shall be condemned to eternal death.

B. Where I’m From

Glens Falls, N.Y., manufacturing city 47 mi (76 km) n. of Albany on Hudson River; paper products, electrical products, machinery, clothing; limestone quarries nearby; falls and famous cave described in Cooper's 'The Last of the Mohicans'; pop. 15,023. :usa:

C. Computer user:

1. For approximately 20 years.
2. Stared out with a Commodore 64, than went to a Commodore 128
3. I’ve had three different IBM type machines.
4. I presently run One IBM Type Machine with Windows XPPro, Windows 98SE, and Windows 95 all running on separate drives of this same machine.
5. I’m using Word Type word-processing programs most of the time.
6. I’ve installed my own hard and software several times with upgrades.

D. I visit Talk-Jesus, several times a day.

E. To Share all that the Lord has shared with me in the LOVE of Christ Jesus and FAITH of his Gospel and to promote PEACE and harmony among all that seek the LORD.

F. I think I just did that in A, B, C, D, & E. In short I aim to serve everyone by serving God First.

Prayfully Submitted:

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:
Thank you all for your responses. I'm very impressed and pleased with your true inspriation from our Savior Jesus and your love for this site.

I will add 3 more moderators. This will equal out to 12 total moderators including myself, hence the 12 apostles. I love the idea and shared it with others.

12 is a perfect number I feel regardless of how much TJ will grow (and you better prepared for the great growth of GOD's glory here at TJ!).

God bless

Chad:

God bless you, Brother.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Moderator Application

Hi Chad,

I hope im not too late in applying, but ill give it a try, i want to gove back to the Christian community here what i have recieved from them: Love, Kindness, and guiding. They have broght me closer to God, Thank You Talk Jesus, and Chad.

Yegor Yelizavetskiy:)

My Personal Statement Of Faith

• I believe in God, The Father, who created the heaven and earth, and all that we see. -Genesis 1:1
  • I believe in Jesus Christ, Gods only Son, who left his heavenly kingdom to die for my sins, and on the third day rising again and giving me eternal Life

-John 3:16-17
  • I believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of God’s Holy trinity. Whom God promised through the prophet Joel -Joel 2:28-18
  • I believe you must believe and be baptized to be saved -Mark 16:16
  • I believe in Spiritual Gifts which we receive through the Holy Spirit

-1Cor 12:4-11
  • I believe we have a mission to preach the Good News to everyone everywhere

-Mark 16:15-18
  • I believe in the Bible, which is perfect God’s word without which we will stumble and fall - Psalm 119:105
  • I believe man cannot live without God’s Word -Deut 8:3; Matt 4:4
My Physical Location

• Vancouver, WA USA, That’s north of Portland Oregon.
My Computer Skills

• I know HTML, currently working on a web page with a forum for my church
  • I have some programming skills in C/C++, but those need to be polished up a bit.
  • Otherwise I have experience in server management networking and computer repair.
How often do I visit TalkJesus.com

• If I’m not at church I am at Talk Jesus
  • Whenever I’m on the computer I have Talk Jesus open or if im working on something I’ll have it open in the background
My Goals for TalkJesus.com

• My first goal is to give back what I got out of Talk Jesus, This site was and is still a blessing; Talk Jesus brought me closer to God, Thank You Talk Jesus.
  • I always viewed Talk Jesus as a church, and always will, in a church everyone is there to uplift edify and build up each other.
  • Chad, I will strive to make your goals my goals.
Why I should be a Moderator

• I want to give back to the members of Talk Jesus what I got out of them, lots and lots of blessings, they brought me closer t the LORD and I want to do so for others.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

"To keep this Christian community 100% clean, friendly and "virtually cozy" I am looking for a few moderators. Basically, you will be given some administrative functions such as deleting posts, moving posts, banning users, posting announcements, responding to "abuse reports" on threads, etc. This will truly be a further blessing to Talk Jesus to keep things as GOD intends, Holy, welcoming, friendly and a place of fellowship in Jesus' name. Chad"

Chad:

The quote above is from your first thread. I did not read it until today.

In my reply to this post, I misunderstood the role and responsibilities of a Moderator. (We had discussed a forum for Christian education.)

I can re-write my post if necessary to formally apply for the Moderator position.

I think that it is very important to volunteer. Over the years, I have volunteered for various organizations. I have found that my experience as a volunteer to be most rewarding.

I am here to serve.

God bless you, Brother.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Confirmation!

Chad said:
Talk Jesus needs some moderators and I am ready to add enough to create a full dozen: 12 apostles style
:thumbs_up

To Qualify: reply to this thread with the following information
- brief but clear detail of what you believe in (be descriptive and informative)
- your physical location (state / country)
- your computer technical skills (be descriptive)
- how often do you visit Talk Jesus?
- your views, intentions and goal on Talk Jesus as an already registered member
- explain why you should be a moderator and why you qualify

Note: I ask God to guide me with His Holy Spirit in all my decisions. Do not feel offended if you are not chosen. Please do not ask me to make you a mod either. The sole decision comes from me and I have my heart and ears open to GOD's guidance.

Most likely I will select those who have been a registered and active member for at least 2-3 months and have at least 100 posts minimum. Do NOT start posting all over the board to earn the minimum post qualification. This will actually deter you from qualifying.

Remember...
Talk Jesus is a precious "rock", GOD's online church, ministry and awesome community for all to fellowship. You should and must ask GOD for guidance yourself as well to see if He finds you right for a moderator position. Please do not reply / pm me telling me that GOD has chosen you :) I love GOD and so do you, but anyone can tell me GOD has said this and that to him or her. I do not speak against that (forbid I do) but it really comes down to GOD speaking to me and telling me who is right to choose. Reason why I ask you to ask GOD as well is because, well you now that GOD says if 2 or more gather together in His name, the prayer is stronger.

Are you ready? This is a big responsiblity not a joke or a simple task. It is not life threatening either but nonetheless every action you make as a moderator can easily be for or against GOD with or without your conscience telling you so. Always say at least a quick, simple, humble and sincere prayer before entering Talk Jesus. Ask GOD in Jesus' name for wisdom, guidance and armour. You need patience in this position, wisdom, true devotion to GOD and to His online church here at Talk Jesus. If you feel even slightly not "100%" about this it is best to not reply and apply.

Thank you in advance for all of you at Talk Jesus :)

i have often though about it btu i do not think i have what it takes so i woudl liek to keep the offer open though but i woudl liek to stick around and Learn more abotu God and this site first as i am still a learner... he he he now nwo every one dont think i am weird for Applying because i am not just fillign you in i woudl liek to become a Mod.. i am here for long enough @ times to see who comes and goes and to monotor the rooms so if you have any of those kinds of Pos~ avaliable i can fill in that area and pas on MSG's of who is being... un Christianly and bringing in the Enemy to the room and spreading baddness through us... LOL if that is what you would liek to call it btu liek i said already. i woudl liek to be a Mod btu i think i will have to pass it up though... if you are lookign next time though... Kepp my in Mind and keep me Posted....

Your Loving Buddy and Pal... Simon!!!

oh P:S; if we can choose to Volenteer people then... Imlivin4aking is a good choice. she had lead soem AWESOME Prayers and helpped out Heaps a people.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Please read my original first post on this thread and this new addition below, written by brothersinarmst4g (thank you).

Moderator Statement of Commitment

A Moderator position is one of accountability and commitment. Being a Moderator for sake of status is not the Lords will, nor is it helpful to the plans at Talk Jesus. Moderators must take this responsibility as a servant, committed to the cause of Christ while in the same way being committed to the order set in place by the leader of Talk Jesus. Any who wish to become a Moderator must ask themselves the following questions.

1. Do I believe in God and am I ready to serve him in his house of meeting.

2. Am I willing to continue in prayer for Gods will to be followed out in all areas of Talk Jesus, and maintain support for all Gods appointed leaders in prayer and deeds?

3. Am I ready to committee my time to Moderating Talk Jesus as a service unto God.

4. Am I willing to accept all the guidelines set before me by the chosen leader at Talk Jesus knowing that his is not a self appointed position, but one established by God himself?

Rules and Standard for Moderating

Moderating this site is so members here will be allowed to openly share Jesus Christ without the threat of evil conduct interfering with the ability to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a free environment. The goal of appointing 12 Moderators to Talk Jesus is both biblical in its responsibility, but also needed in the daily task of this web site.

Jesus Christ appointed 12 Apostles to walk with and learn the truth of the gospel so the 12 could further the truth after he was finished his mission here on earth. But, when Jesus sent the Apostles out to minister, he sent them out two at a time , to pray and watch over each other in their service . Now the 12 take on a different nature in it's application. When Jesus was here, the Apostles had all they needed. But Jesus also said that a day will come when they will need each other because he would go ahead and prepare a place for them in his Fathers house.

The reason for 12 now is so we as part of the 12 can have Godly counsel, and also stand under accountability to each other before the Father in Heaven. This accountability includes equal parts in the task of Moderating Talk Jesus. As a Moderator , we all must put in the time needed to allow us all to have our times of rest and prayer /family / vacations /etc ... All Moderators must ask themselves , are they ready to committee to putting time into the Moderating task , or Not ? Here are some outlines that are not very hard when you think about the task and responsibility you are seeking.

1. As a Moderator, you must been willing to add a Moderating schedule to you weekly planning.

2. Unless you have given notice to the Moderator team through the Mod room, you are required to sign online for at least 4 hours a week, at a minimum. Remember, the others are counting on you being here so they can rest, or whatever they must do in their personal lives.

3. Disappearance for more than 7 days without notice will automatically dismiss you from the Moderating Team. You will not be banned, but replaced for a lack of accountability to your team.

4. Failure to attend all Moderator meetings must be posted before the meeting at least 8 hr's prior unless of emergency reasons. Moderator meetings are our time of communion together and are very important for our edification, and fellowship.

5. Moderation of Talk Jesus is a ministry! It should be treated as such! This is a 24/7 Christian fellowship. It also needs to be tended to 24/7 by at least 1 Moderator at all times.

6. If these standards are something you cannot fulfill, tells us and we will move on. A Moderator without commitment is no help in moving Talk Jesus ahead as God intended. Remember, we all have personal lives and you will not be judged for stepping away if needed.

7. If it is your scheduled time to be online, and another Moderator logs in. It is not so you can leave and let the responsibility be on the other Moderator. Some have more time that others and will use it as they wish.

These are just some guidelines to follow so that all the Moderators will be fresh in their Spirits, and able to handle personal responsibilities. Everything comes and goes in seasons, Moderating is no different. The commitment to be a Moderator is a team commitment before God. We must become a unified team, accountable to each, other and , equally responsible for serving God and Talk Jesus . Please take these things serious, because without them, our leader will get burned out and find no joy in all Gods plans here. Teamwork is the acceptable way to Moderate, and also be successful in moving Talk Jesus in the direction God intended it to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.