• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Mask talk???

Loyal
I mainly agree with you -- just don't know where you get the 1/3 number of Christians. etc. part. "but not filled and led by the Holy Spirit" -- you're sounding Almost a bit judgemental.
The Bible does say we are supposed to judge those in the church. ( 1Cor 5 )
But judgment aside, would you say those "Christians" who support gay lifestyles, abortions, and living in fornication/adultery are Spirit filled Christians?

Step it up a notch, would you say "Christians" that support vandalism and violence are Spirit filled?

Step it up another notch, would you say "Christians" that oppose the Bible and 'sound doctrine' are Spirit filled?

Sometimes we have to judge a little.

Loyal
Maybe it's the term "Spirit filled" -- the 1/3 number -- Every born again believer has the Holy Spirit indwelling them. That person should Not be supporting the gay lifestyle or any of the other things you mentioned. So - in those respects -- by their attitudes they will be known. Agree.

Loyal
Yes - it Was #78. And I still question your 1/3 comment.
I didnt say it with the hopes you would believe me, I was led by the Holy Spirit to say it, its up to others to hear or not hear it. I only must speak when motivated to do so by the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
I mainly agree with you -- just don't know where you get the 1/3 number of Christians. etc. part. "but not filled and led by the Holy Spirit" -- you're sounding Almost a bit judgemental.

This is the response I was referring to -- the 1/3 number of Christians. Is that what the Holy Spirit was leading you to include? And I'm probably sounding nitpicy -- but just my thought on the subject.

Loyal
This is the response I was referring to -- the 1/3 number of Christians. Is that what the Holy Spirit was leading you to include? And I'm probably sounding nitpicy -- but just my thought on the subject.
And I responded in post 80 to that 1/3 when I wrote....

As to the 1/3, on earth as it is in heaven, 1/3 of the angels rebelled against God, and the Holy Spirit told me it would be about the same here to a little more. The 5 virgins without oil, the many falling away, even the elect deceived, even as we have been grafted on, so we can be cut off. Its all over scripture.

As I said, you need not believe me, it was not my purpose to ensure that everyone agree with me, I merely must state what the Holy Spirit put on my heart to write.

Peace.

Loyal
Isn't "on earth as it is in heaven" part of the Lord's Prayer.

And I realize that people aren't to question what the Holy Spirit is leading them about.

There Is "stuff' all over Scripture -- but it's taking things in and out of context and fitting them to our personal biases.

And some of it is based on whether a person believes that the Church is an extension of Israel or if the Church is separate. Which is nothing related to the "Mask" subject. And another entirely different subject area. And I'm not intending to derail the thread.

Loyal
Isn't "on earth as it is in heaven" part of the Lord's Prayer.

And I realize that people aren't to question what the Holy Spirit is leading them about.

There Is "stuff' all over Scripture -- but it's taking things in and out of context and fitting them to our personal biases.

And some of it is based on whether a person believes that the Church is an extension of Israel or if the Church is separate. Which is nothing related to the "Mask" subject. And another entirely different subject area. And I'm not intending to derail the thread.
Well if you dont want to derail the thread, then stop talking about it. If you want to find fault with what I said, do it privately or in another thread.