• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Mask talk???

Loyal
What are your thoughts on this mandate for wearing mask?? from a biblical perspective if possible.

thanks

Loyal
Love your neighbour. Protect your neighbour from infection. Wear a mask when you are in close contact with people outside your immediate family.

Loyal
Love your neighbour. Protect your neighbour from infection. Wear a mask when you are in close contact with people outside your immediate family.

SO you think wearing a mask is actually helping and is a good thing for us??

Loyal
Of course. Anything that helps, helps.

I dont think mask have anything to do with helping the spread, it is social conditioning IMO.

However, if you beleive the mask help and I know many do, I think from a biblical percpective it is right to wear a mask, if anything else it keeps me humble, because those in Christ do not insist on there own way.

If they help I wonder why in all the history of the world that I know of we have never done this before and have been faced with far more dangerous viruses.

this is the scripture I see this whole thing in, if it was not for Jesus I would easily be irritable over this mask thing, and even resentful, but I am not of this world, so if this makes others feel safe I rejoice is being able to do it for them. This is a practice that is intentional, with out Jesus I would not be able to see it this way.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Staff Member
Dear Brother Dave,
I wear the mask when moving about areas that have me in contact with others around town. Wearing the mask in part due to the dictates of the state, but mostly because it provides comfort to others by me doing so. It's not my fear of what might happen, because I know I'm in the hands of the Lord. However, if it soothes the fear others have of contracting the virus, whether real or imagined, then I'll wear the mask. I've been able to order a few that I can wash and wear over again, that will have a Cross on it, Scripture or something that communicates that I'm a believer. The Word of God can be communicated in many ways. One just needs to be inventive, or willing to do so. Always to the Glory of God!

Good thread brother.

With Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
Wearing the mask in part due to the dictates of the state,

This is the crux for many. The "state" says you "have" to.
There will come a time, when the state says you "have" to receive a mark. Will you do that because the state "dictates" it?

because it provides comfort to others by me doing so.

It provides comfort to people if I don't talk about Jesus around them, should I quit because they are uncomfortable?

Last edited:
Loyal
There will come a time, when the state says you "have" to receive a mark. Will you do that because the state "dictates" it?

It provides comfort to people if I don't talk about Jesus around them, should I quit because they are uncomfortable?
That's two lines of argument that seem to willingly miss the point. Wearing a mask has absolutely nothing to do with the mark of the beast. The state also requires me to wear clothes in public places. Should I wander around butt-naked to prove I'm not conditioned to receive the mark of the beast?

And I can't even begin to work out the analogue between wearing a mask on not preaching the gospel.

Loyal
I've been able to order a few that I can wash and wear over again, that will have a Cross on it, Scripture or something that communicates that I'm a believer.

Love it, please send me a link wear I can get some these, using a mask to spread the word Love it

Loyal
Wearing masks, helps against the virus in the same way that "duck and cover" helps for a nuclear bomb. They constantly preached that from the 50's to the 70's in school. Get under your desk if a nuclear weapon might be hitting your area. The only way that would help would be against the initial blast shock wave that would blow out the windows and protect you from the shattered glass. But it would do nothing for the inferno to come, or if out of range for that, it still would not affect the lethal dose of radiation you would receive if you were close enough that the windows would shatter. Its just a salve to make people think they might be safer. For real protection against the virus, you would need the same setup they have in a high level virus lab like the CDC has, the body suit with protected air from either a backpack enviro suit or one of those stretch airways connected to the suit. And the cloth masks typically do less good than the cheap surgical throw away masks. But people rarely throw those away after hours of use.

Staff Member

Dear Brother,
As always, very thought provoking, but not the point of this particular post of mine. I state this because one can extrapolate almost anything that the state requires of their citizens as a similarity to it dictating the mark requirement spoken of in Scripture. Everything from education, to vaccines, driver licenses, use of money or no use of money, even social security numbers etc. Do, you refuse any of these because of the possibility that it may lead to the mark?

You're also adding to my post that has nothing to do with its intent. In fact quite the opposite, if you read about the markings on the mask that I attempt to have placed on them. That you might decide to not talk about Jesus, because it doesn't make you comfortable is entirely up to you. I do not, but as in all things there is a method and a purpose that one might use, and/or be moved by the Holy Spirit to use, that might not be readily evident to one away from a particular moment in time when contact happens. Be prepared to answer why you believe as you do, which to me means a personal testimony that none can take away from you, but also on the momentary side, its as I said: allow yourself to be moved by the Holy Spirit on what you should say.

As always brother, interesting to say the least :)
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
What are your thoughts on this mandate for wearing mask?? from a biblical perspective if possible.

thanks

I do not wear one, unless I absolutely have to.

Doctors also said this mask is not helping whatsoever, but I doubt you will find any of those doctors on CNN, BBC, etc...

Also, this 'virus'-test they are using is very inaccurate, and the one who invented it said it can't be used this way, yet we are using it.

How many people are going to die because they are not getting their treatment these days?

When people die, they are more likely to call them Covid-19 cases. There is financial incentive for it. Also, spreading fear, destroying jobs and rights has to stop.

Even churches are being targeted everyday. I do not see why these protests are allowed. Maybe Covid-19 has a mind of its own and can target people who go to church but not those protesting?

Some places they tell you, if you are not wearing mask, then they can't let you in, or help you.

That is illegal actually, because some people have disabilities, and can't wear masks, nor we have the legal right to ask them.

Active
God said we are to abide by the governing laws implimented in this world.

Very simple...by doing so we are not putting ourselves in a place to have the finger point at us.

God bless you all

Loyal
That is illegal actually, because some people have disabilities, and can't wear masks, nor we have the legal right to ask them.

There is a gun store not far my house. It has a sign on the door.

According to the governors mandate, you must wear a mask to enter this business.
However the governors mandate allows for people with health disabilities to be exempt.
If you have a health disability, by law we are not allowed to ask you about it.
So if you aren't wearing a mask, we will assume you have a health disability.

P.S. When you apply for the gun permit, you will be required to show some form
of picture ID (state Drivers License preferred). You will be required to show your face
in order for this to be accepted.

------------------------------------

I have wondered if a few churches couldn't borrow this idea.

Active
There is a gun store not far my house. It has a sign on the door.

According to the governors mandate, you must wear a mask to enter this business.
However the governors mandate allows for people with health disabilities to be exempt.
If you have a health disability, by law we are not allowed to ask you about it.
So if you aren't wearing a mask, we will assume you have a health disability.

P.S. When you apply for the gun permit, you will be required to show some form
of picture ID (state Drivers License preferred). You will be required to show your face
in order for this to be accepted.

------------------------------------

I have wondered if a few churches couldn't borrow this idea.

I agree with Dave. This is more of an agenda. Wearing mask symbolizes silence and slavery. You may not think of it that way, but our subconscious knows. We are not supposed to wear masks, if we are not sick, or treating possible sick people. Also, not going to allow those in black suits decide for me what I wear, or what I put in my body. This vaccine idea is laughable when the scientific model used to prove the existence of a such a dangerous disease has not been done yet. I went to jail twice only for putting a substance in my body. So, if that is a crime in their mind, they also can criminalize not taking the vaccine. Blood will make lakes here before they can tell me to take something I don't want in my body. This is the US, and many of us will not go down easily here.

And when people tell me I'm not a doctor, then why is Mr. Bill Gates is sticking his nose into these matters? Last time, I checked he was some nerd who works as a software developer, but now he is a doctor lol?! I think our president is right about not trusting the WHO. Also, if we apply the Chinese-Model here, then also expect this country to be more like China in the future, and who wants that type of dictatorship here? Last time, my boyfriend and I went shopping, and I told the guard, if I have to put sanitizer, or have to go through temperature screening, then I am spending my money somewhere else. I'm getting sick of it.

Active
I really don't see this issue through the prism of state interference. I'm pretty sure that neither good states nor bad states want their citizens to get ill. The handling of the virus is a major decision factor in the looming US election and it's likely that the current president won't get re-elected because of it. States are under enormous pressure to prevent infection from spreading which is why they're spending enormous sums of money and making movement and gathering restrictions that twelve months ago would have been unconscionable. If wearing a face mask was of no effect or benefit the government wouldn't legislate to make them mandatory. In the early days of the pandemic in the UK the government line was that mask wearing was of no benefit and so when they were advised by scientists that indeed masks were a benefit it took a massive U-turn for them which is always unpopular.

We know that if a sufferer in close proximity to you coughs or sneezes, there is a good likelihood that you will catch the disease which is why we are advised about social distancing. In the long-term that isn't feasible and so I can see how a sufferer coughing or sneezing whilst wearing a face mask is going to be less infectious than without it.

Arguments have broken out on public transport where individuals have refused to wear a mask which is mandatory and others have have taken that as a lack of care and social responsibility. If people know that I am a Christian, I wouldn't want others to think that I have no sense of social responsibility or care towards them. That wouldn't be a very good witness.

If the members of a congregation in a church are not wearing masks that tells a visitor that they have no love or care for each other, rather a callous disregard for each other's well-being.

Loyal
If the members of a congregation in a church are not wearing masks that tells a visitor that they have no love or care for each other, rather a callous disregard for each other's well-being.

what a sad sad false statement, when closely examining this current virus with others it rates about a 2 on a scale of 10 as far as dangerous. I hope you see the light one day.

Loyal
the ploy of the evil one is to set people against each other, when I see statement like this I cringe as I know how they come about, fear mongering and walking around scared is not from above but from below. Since when all of the sudden is it the gonv right to decide for us things concerning our health that is a personal responsibilty. When you look at the evil men pushing this vaccine and we know Bill gates has used vaccines in other countires that many died because of and he is not allowed back in to the country we must step and examine is this really about health. Bill gates is huge on depopulation and sterilizing people so they can reproduce, his wife wears a upside down cross. It saddens me to see so many being deceived in these end times we are living. I pray for all to receive the gift of discernment