• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Marriage

In scripture, there is a rule that must be lived by, and your jerking this one verse from John as if it were a stand-alone verse is insane. I live my life to perfect this thought but to so arrogant as to believe I can obtain perfection or that any human can do so, is to call Yashua and Yahova liars because it denies the very reason our Savour had to die, in our stead. And I refuse to read the sermon you posted but, this has naught to do with the lie that dead humans will be saved.

In scripture, there is a rule that must be lived by, and your jerking this one verse from John as if it were a stand-alone verse is insane. I live my life to perfect this thought but to so arrogant as to believe I can obtain perfection or that any human can do so, is to call Yashua and Yahova liars because it denies the very reason our Savour had to die, in our stead. And I refuse to read the sermon you posted but, this has naught to do with the lie that dead humans will be saved.

Yes you are correct in your statement beloved brother it is written:

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I may add to my testimony that every day I get dirty, and every day I clean again.

But we may lend His purity you see, we may be replaced by His light, when He sends His lightnings, we will be replaced by His Love
Then we will fulfill the first commandment to Love the Lord with all our heart mind and soul, there will be nothing left in us but His Love

When such a thing happens, it is not because we are pure, but because He is pure, and lent us His purity when sending the lightning.

Do you know about the lightnings?

I hope now I made clear I am talking about His grace, not an accomplishment of mine. And that I am not saying I am clean, but that He is clean.

However, it is very important that we do our best to clean, to show God that we are knocking so that He may open, that we are searching so that we may find:

7Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…

Staff Member
@A servant of the Kings

this has naught to do with the lie that dead humans will be saved.
Yes you are correct in your statement beloved brother it is written:

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I may add to my testimony that every day I get dirty, and every day I clean again.

But we may lend His purity you see, we may be replaced by His light, when He sends His lightnings, we will be replaced by His Love
Then we will fulfill the first commandment to Love the Lord with all our heart mind and soul, there will be nothing left in us but His Love

When such a thing happens, it is not because we are pure, but because He is pure, and lent us His purity when sending the lightning.

Do you know about the lightnings?

I hope now I made clear I am talking about His grace, not an accomplishment of mine. And that I am not saying I am clean, but that He is clean.

However, it is very important that we do our best to clean, to show God that we are knocking so that He may open, that we are searching so that we may find:

7Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…

your reply to @Bill Taylor did NOT address his serious concern

It appears that often you avoid addressing things raised which comes across as smokescreen in order to propagate your agenda here.

it is good to remind people everywhere to consider their ways and repent but you go way beyond that and constantly post un-Biblical extras as if to convince readers of something you want them to acknowledge as Truth complete with almost threats that if readers do not do as you suggest, they will miss the Grace of God in Christ Jesus the Lord, and Salvation.

please consider your ways if you would like to continue here at TalkJesus.

Active
Different countries and cultures have their own protocol for marriage (weddings).
Yup - just ask Jacob, who woke up the next morning WITH THE WRONG GIRL!!!!
If a man and woman live together as man and wife without being married,how is it sin?
It's NOT. When they "join flesh", they're MARRIED, and as long as they remain monogamous, there's no SIN involved.
I find nowhere in scripture where they must have a license.
The "wedding ceremony" is PRIMARILY the execution of a LEGAL PROCESS, who's function is related to legal access, ownership of property, and legal status of any resulting CHildren. Ideally, the couple goes through the Ceremonial hoopla, and THEN goes off in private, and gets MARRIED. When there's NO marriage contract, but there are "Material assets" when/IF the couple separates, then it gets legally messy. many states in the U.S. have "Common law" statutes, which stand in place of a marriage contract when things come apart.

AND, of course, getting a "LEGAL DIVORCE" has no effect on the Spiritual "State of marriage" that exists, it's only a "Legal" status.
If they are faithful to each other,is there fornication taking place?
Nope. as long as they're true to each other, everything's spiritually O.K. but LEGALLY it can get messy.
Man makes laws,but how would God look at it,
When you JOIN FLESH - you're married. If you join flesh with somebody else, you're in Adultery.
Simple as that.

In the OLD Testament, NOBODY was indwelled by the Holy SPirit, and they were "stuck" with their human natures with all it's appetites and lusts. Multiple marriages were allowed (Probably to prevent people from murdering the unwanted spouse to get free of him/her. (The hardness of their hearts Mat 19:8).

Biblically, marriage is intended to be one MAN, and one one WOMAN - for LIFE. And given the "Moral condition" of U.S. Society, a significan number of couples who have "Weddings", have actually been married already, and are probably already in multiple adulteries.

It doesn't matter what this or that church system says, or what the "Pope" decides to "bless", or what the LBTQXYZ and "Trans" Idiots want to make "normal".

Biblically: ONE MAN, and ONE WOMAN for life. For me it's been 58 years, and we did it in the "Normal fashion" back in '65. Result: 5 children (1 didn't make it), 13 grand kids, and 3 great grand kids.

May I ask the thoughts on second marriages, as in if the Man marries another woman? Is that normal? Ive been hearing a significant amount of information about it but for me... I feel like it is sinful. I am curious to know this answer. Also is it sinful for the first woman to leave, or is it a sin?
I'm aware these happened in the Old Testament and thus christian? As i remember I am sure Solomon had over 600 wives. Though that probably would cause him to have a less of a life span....
I am under the assumption though, one man and one woman for life, flesh of flesh.. is supposed to be the norm.

Winter

Active
The Apostle Paul used marriage in Romans to describe death from the Law.
In this you can take away,that when a man/woman commits adultery,that person who committed the offense is dead to his/her spouse. Therefore since the spouse is dead,he/she, is free,and it’s okay to remarry.

Hope this helps

Active
Yup - just ask Jacob, who woke up the next morning WITH THE WRONG GIRL!!!!

It's NOT. When they "join flesh", they're MARRIED, and as long as they remain monogamous, there's no SIN involved.

The "wedding ceremony" is PRIMARILY the execution of a LEGAL PROCESS, who's function is related to legal access, ownership of property, and legal status of any resulting CHildren. Ideally, the couple goes through the Ceremonial hoopla, and THEN goes off in private, and gets MARRIED. When there's NO marriage contract, but there are "Material assets" when/IF the couple separates, then it gets legally messy. many states in the U.S. have "Common law" statutes, which stand in place of a marriage contract when things come apart.

AND, of course, getting a "LEGAL DIVORCE" has no effect on the Spiritual "State of marriage" that exists, it's only a "Legal" status.

Nope. as long as they're true to each other, everything's spiritually O.K. but LEGALLY it can get messy.

When you JOIN FLESH - you're married. If you join flesh with somebody else, you're in Adultery.
Simple as that.

In the OLD Testament, NOBODY was indwelled by the Holy SPirit, and they were "stuck" with their human natures with all it's appetites and lusts. Multiple marriages were allowed (Probably to prevent people from murdering the unwanted spouse to get free of him/her. (The hardness of their hearts Mat 19:8).

Biblically, marriage is intended to be one MAN, and one one WOMAN - for LIFE. And given the "Moral condition" of U.S. Society, a significan number of couples who have "Weddings", have actually been married already, and are probably already in multiple adulteries.

It doesn't matter what this or that church system says, or what the "Pope" decides to "bless", or what the LBTQXYZ and "Trans" Idiots want to make "normal".

Biblically: ONE MAN, and ONE WOMAN for life. For me it's been 58 years, and we did it in the "Normal fashion" back in '65. Result: 5 children (1 didn't make it), 13 grand kids, and 3 great grand kids.
Written But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth. 3 They will tell you not to get married.

Active
Different countries and cultures have their own protocol for marriage (weddings).
I don’t know how to word my question.
If a man and woman live together as man and wife without being married,how is it sin?
I find nowhere in scripture where they must have a license.
If they are faithful to each other,is there fornication taking place?
Man makes laws,but how would God look at it,
Marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman.... If you were to covenant with a woman that you will be her husband for life and everyhing you have is hers etc and she does the same with you. You are married but...but....the ceremony makes that covenant known to all around you, so you are known to be married, its official. Now you avoid all appearances of sin.

The Apostle Paul used marriage in Romans to describe death from the Law.
In this you can take away,that when a man/woman commits adultery,that person who committed the offense is dead to his/her spouse. Therefore since the spouse is dead,he/she, is free,and it’s okay to remarry.

Hope this helps
where?
That makes sense, so if the man was to talk to another woman and wish to re-marry her, it is adultery.... thus he is considered dead to her and visa versa. Do you have scripture to line up with that though?

Active
What's that got to do with anything???
Ya said if peep bed n stay faithful it's the same as marriage that it's not fornication.. I beg to differ I know peep that change partners every few months they live with them for a few months are faithful for a few months then they move along.. takes more then sleeping with one to make a marriage.. only time one don't want a ceremony don't want witnesses don't want to make it legal in the eyes of the govt it's because they r hiding the relationship for a reason.. usually it's a money thing.. I mean take life church here in Oklahoma the one around McAlester they will tell u that living together is ok a marriage ceremony is not needed it's fine to just live together if it messes with ya finances.. know peep that meat a man n two weeks later they calling him a husband for a minute ..

J.s.
:(

Active
Ya said if peep bed n stay faithful it's the same as marriage that it's not fornication.. I beg to differ I know peep that change partners every few months they live with them for a few months are faithful for a few months then they move along.. takes more then sleeping with one to make a marriage.
So your "Faithful" Couples" are NOT "staying faithful at all", they're just "alley cats" in multiple adultries. So You have no "point".

I've been FAITHFUL for 58 years, and the fact that there's a piece of paper in a 1965 government file in Massachusetts has no effect on that whatsoever.

The VOW was: "for richer or poorer, in sickness, and in health, till death do us part". THAT'S FAITHFUL. You appear not to know what "Faithful" even means.

Active
So your "Faithful" Couples" are NOT "staying faithful at all", they're just "alley cats" in multiple adultries. So You have no "point".

I've been FAITHFUL for 58 years, and the fact that there's a piece of paper in a 1965 government file in Massachusetts has no effect on that whatsoever.

The VOW was: "for richer or poorer, in sickness, and in health, till death do us part". THAT'S FAITHFUL. You appear not to know what "Faithful" even means.
No that piece of paper don't but it's shows ya had witnesses it shows ya ain't trying to hide nothing..it shows that ya have some one that can speak for you if you can't yourself.. but to tell another they don't need to follow the laws of the land to be married is widening the road of the blind. It's leading others astray..j.s.

I know what Faithful is.. but do u? Telling peep that a ceremony in front of witnesses isn't necessary n it's OK to deceive the govt for what ever reason is ok in the eyes of YH..

YH said there b people telling peep oh dont get married.. we was warned

Arr u part of that life church cult by chance?

:broken_heart:

No that piece of paper don't but it's shows ya had witnesses it shows ya ain't trying to hide nothing..it shows that ya have some one that can speak for you if you can't yourself.. but to tell another they don't need to follow the laws of the land to be married is widening the road of the blind. It's leading others astray..j.s.

I know what Faithful is.. but do u? Telling peep that a ceremony in front of witnesses isn't necessary n it's OK to deceive the govt for what ever reason is ok in the eyes of YH..

YH said there b people telling peep oh dont get married.. we was warned

Arr u part of that life church cult by chance?

To my knowledge the only way to have a 'natural' marriage as in common law, biblicalically is within the Old testament. And the woman and the man must have never 'known' the other gender if you get my drift. I have heard people do this because they cannot afford a marriage ceremony, not even a certificate from the court house. They went to church and stated they was married under his eyes, and then lived together.

Not many countries to see a common law marriage as a real marriage, they need documents and proof.Additionally some churches require couple counseling prior... to ensure that the young couple understands what it is to be married and what the commitment will look like. They tend to go through life scenarios and so on. It is worth it, some people need to actually see the responsibility of marriage and what the commitments are, going through it with a vicar/priest.

I do not remember is their is a common law marriage in the new testament, I do remember after a ceremony and at a party Our Lord completed the first miracle. ( Turning water into wine)

Faithful is biblical, you are faithful to your husband, through thick and thin, through hard times and the good but to me it contains faith, your hand in hand with your spouse but your hearts are also with God. God is within the marriage, always.

Loyal is not biblical, it just means you have not cheated on your spouse.

Theirs a difference when theirs biblical context around it. Being faithful is not just.... not betraying someone. Image our Lord right now looking down upon a couple stating ' I vow I will not cheat on one another'. ... Now imagine Our Lord right now looking down at a different couple stating ' I will be their, through the highs and lows, through the tears and pain, through our celebrations and thanksgiving, I will be their for the other hand in hand with our Lord. My spouse will be my other half, we are now one forever until the day we die', that in essence is a marriage. In my opinion and a few others.

I hope this helps ,

Winter

Active
I'm sorry, I do not use youtube, I actually have it blocked on my computer. Do you have any website references instead?
I'm sorry, I do not use youtube, I actually have it blocked on my computer. Do you have any website references instead?
Scroll down to Romans 7.1-6
The place you want is about 10 minutes into the study

Active
To my knowledge the only way to have a 'natural' marriage as in common law, biblicalically is within the Old testament. And the woman and the man must have never 'known' the other gender if you get my drift. I have heard people do this because they cannot afford a marriage ceremony, not even a certificate from the court house. They went to church and stated they was married under his eyes, and then lived together.

Not many countries to see a common law marriage as a real marriage, they need documents and proof.Additionally some churches require couple counseling prior... to ensure that the young couple understands what it is to be married and what the commitment will look like. They tend to go through life scenarios and so on. It is worth it, some people need to actually see the responsibility of marriage and what the commitments are, going through it with a vicar/priest.

I do not remember is their is a common law marriage in the new testament, I do remember after a ceremony and at a party Our Lord completed the first miracle. ( Turning water into wine)

Faithful is biblical, you are faithful to your husband, through thick and thin, through hard times and the good but to me it contains faith, your hand in hand with your spouse but your hearts are also with God. God is within the marriage, always.

Loyal is not biblical, it just means you have not cheated on your spouse.

Theirs a difference when theirs biblical context around it. Being faithful is not just.... not betraying someone. Image our Lord right now looking down upon a couple stating ' I vow I will not cheat on one another'. ... Now imagine Our Lord right now looking down at a different couple stating ' I will be their, through the highs and lows, through the tears and pain, through our celebrations and thanksgiving, I will be their for the other hand in hand with our Lord. My spouse will be my other half, we are now one forever until the day we die', that in essence is a marriage. In my opinion and a few others.

I hope this helps ,

Winter
We are told to follow the laws of the Land unless it is against YH.. many wanna add n take away I'm not one of them.. wonder why Christians wanna look like n follow the heathens..
Them temples sure keep many spiritually immature sadly..