• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Marriage

Active
Different countries and cultures have their own protocol for marriage (weddings).
I don’t know how to word my question.
If a man and woman live together as man and wife without being married,how is it sin?
I find nowhere in scripture where they must have a license.
If they are faithful to each other,is there fornication taking place?
Man makes laws,but how would God look at it,

Loyal
John 4:17; The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus *said to her, "You have correctly said, 'I have no husband';
John 4:18; for you have had five husbands, and
the one whom you now have is not your husband; this you have said truly."

The one you are with now is not your husband. Apparently Jesus didn't consider shacking up the same as being married.

Unless they are married, it IS fornication. Here are the first 6 definitions of fornication from google. I didn't pick these definitions, google did.

Marriage wasn't instituted by man, it was instituted by God.

Active
Different countries and cultures have their own protocol for marriage (weddings).
If a man and woman live together as man and wife without being married,how is it sin?
They will tell you not to get married. They'll tell you not to eat this or that food—perfectly good food God created to be eaten heartily and with thanksgiving by believers who know better! Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks

Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Wonder why so many look for loopholes n excuses to go against YHs ways

Twistie :broken_heart:

Active
I agree God is the one who instituted marriage, my question is,does it matter how?
How about bringing the father of the bride,six ponies ,some blankets and beads. Jumping over a broomstick maybe.
Now some will say the laws of the land concerning marriage.
Okay, say a person jumps over a broom in native country and moves here, should they be compelled to marry again by our laws. Would God still recognize the marriage if they leave native land?

Loyal
I agree God is the one who instituted marriage, my question is,does it matter how?
How about bringing the father of the bride,six ponies ,some blankets and beads. Jumping over a broomstick maybe.
Now some will say the laws of the land concerning marriage.
Okay, say a person jumps over a broom in native country and moves here, should they be compelled to marry again by our laws. Would God still recognize the marriage if they leave native land?
'And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent,
and took Rebekah,
and she became his wife;
and he loved her:
and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.
(Gen 24:67)

Hi @lentz,

Our welfare is God's concern.

'Marriage is honourable in all,
and the bed undefiled:
but whoremongers and adulterers
God will judge.'
(Heb 13:4)

Being lawfully married brings security under law to both parties. Knowing our propensity to sin, and to break our vows, the law gives a legal basis upon which to secure the position of each partner if such should occur, especially when there are children born to them.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
'And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent,
and took Rebekah,
and she became his wife;
and he loved her:
and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.
(Gen 24:67)

Hi @lentz,

Our welfare is God's concern.

'Marriage is honourable in all,
and the bed undefiled:
but whoremongers and adulterers
God will judge.'
(Heb 13:4)

Being lawfully married brings security under law to both parties. Knowing our propensity to sin, and to break our vows, the law gives a legal basis upon which to secure the position of each partner if such should occur, especially when there are children born to them.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Ah… so no license,preacher,magistrate,or boat captain is required in Gods eyes?

Active
I have no dog in this hunt,just things a person might think about.

However I may use the information if I was to ever go looking for my next exwife

Loyal
Ah… so no license,preacher,magistrate,or boat captain is required in Gods eyes?
Hello @lentz,

Please do not use my response to bolster your own understanding of this subject. I did not say the words that you are attributing to me.

I do know that God desires that we live lawfully within the nations that we inhabit. That we do not bring the word of God or His grace into disrepute.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

It is only our Father in heaven who can marry people, it is an act performed in heaven, and is thus eternal.

It is not bodies of flesh that are married but children of light in the Lord.

25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

It is very very beautiful, the love between brothers and sisters there is far beyond anything on earth
There we lend of Gods love, to love sisters and brothers.

There we may be married to many simultaneously, there no man is without a woman, and no woman without a man:

1 Corinthians 11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

So if God has married you, then you are married, no one can overrule God.

But you need not marry on earth because Father has married you in heaven, we may live thousands of miles away
from a sister on earth, and never meet her in the flesh, but still be married by God to her

God will often marry/ unite sisters and brothers in the body of Christ who are making progress studying the bible together
when a certain sister is acting a perfect help meet for a certain brother God will often, (or always I do not know) marry them
in the body of light. They are being obedient to God:

18The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.

If a sister and brother wants to marry on earth, it is best if they can get confirmation directly from God that He already married them in heaven,
if not they may get confirmation through a prophet that they have trust in.

If not they may make sure they when they choose a spouse that they can cooperate well with them reaching for God, study the bible, making progress
on the way. And that they see things in the other that they know are pleasing to God. And that they share great love with in the body of Christ.

It is not good for a sister or brother to choose a spouse from outside of the body of Christ, or to choose like many atheists do because of looks,
wealth, homeownership, or because of other treasures of the earth.

A sister and brother must put the treasures of heaven first, in this matter as in other matters, if they do not do that, they can be almost certain that they go
against the will of Father, and thus will never be married by Him:

9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

I had to wait 7 years for God to divorce voldemort from me. In those 7 years, she was with about 4 different people. we were never legally married in real life, and i am 99% sure we did not have sex in 2012.*
Around year 5, I met a woman and had a short 6 week relationship with her, I sensed God was hindering us from spending much time together, and when i started praying about her, I was very clearly told "you cannot have a girlfriend behind Voldemort's back" so i told her this and she probably thought I was nuts, and later that night iirc we watched Donny darko together.

About a year after that, my brother introduced my neighbor to me, because she was hearing voices and my brother figured i could help her. -which i did. we ended up getting married 4 years later.

-turns out about a month after we met, she had a dream showing her, Voldemort and I playing together in my parents backyard.. when i was "like 7 years old" -she was too afraid to tell me about that dream until a whole year and a half later, when she went into my parents backyard and she freaked out. And as she is telling me about the dream, testing my memory with hers of what my parent's backyard looked like, 20 years before.. part of my mind tells me "you were never supposed to find out.."

Anyhow, pretty much 7 years to the day my ex swore an open ended public vow to me, her demons were no longer able to harass my neighbor. I still had the freedom to pray for her, and continued to do so, making some progress afterwards.

had i prayed for her the way i should have, from the beginning, instead of waiting 5 years, i'm convinced we would still be together.

*i'm finding out now there is a possibility we met up before i joined the usmc and made an agreement to meet on a certain time and place after i got out. also, we may have gone on a road trip together in my 10 days leave after boot camp. -but i didn't recover any memory of this until 2021 and later.

dissociative identity disorder is tough sometimes.

I can't really figure out what actually happened.. but what i do know is that over the last decade or so, about 6 people became aware, spiritually, of something going on between me and her, and they gave me, useful, spiritual advice, as if under duress, a few of these people don't want to talk to me anymore because they just couldn't handle whatever God told them or showed them.

That sounds like a very heavy past, relationships between spouses may affect us a lot. And poison parts of our lives if they are really bad.

It is why it is written: 8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hardness of heart; but it was not this way from the beginning. 9Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.

Marriage is about love, true marriage, the marriage of the Kingdom, in the body of Christ, is between two bodies of light, one male and one female, to be united into one. The One who was before man and woman, united into the Body of Christ.

There all is Love, all is union into One:20On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you.

That is why a sister must choose from within the body of Christ, when she wants to find a man, she must choose a true brother. That has chosen God, He who is Love:

7Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God’s love was revealed among us: God sent His one and only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him.…

If she chooses a man from outside the body of Christ, that has not chosen God who is Love. She could not expect Love.

It is also very detrimental for a christian woman to be led by a husband that is not a true brother, cause he will lead her in the wrong direction, towards hell, as he would not be following Jesus.

God has even let good men marry several women for the reason that there were not enough good men for them to have one each. We can read about it in the old testament.

But ideally there will be enough good men.

Active
It is only our Father in heaven who can marry people, it is an act performed in heaven, and is thus eternal.

It is not bodies of flesh that are married but children of light in the Lord.

25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

It is very very beautiful, the love between brothers and sisters there is far beyond anything on earth
There we lend of Gods love, to love sisters and brothers.

There we may be married to many simultaneously, there no man is without a woman, and no woman without a man:

1 Corinthians 11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

So if God has married you, then you are married, no one can overrule God.

But you need not marry on earth because Father has married you in heaven, we may live thousands of miles away
from a sister on earth, and never meet her in the flesh, but still be married by God to her

God will often marry/ unite sisters and brothers in the body of Christ who are making progress studying the bible together
when a certain sister is acting a perfect help meet for a certain brother God will often, (or always I do not know) marry them
in the body of light. They are being obedient to God:

18The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.

If a sister and brother wants to marry on earth, it is best if they can get confirmation directly from God that He already married them in heaven,
if not they may get confirmation through a prophet that they have trust in.

If not they may make sure they when they choose a spouse that they can cooperate well with them reaching for God, study the bible, making progress
on the way. And that they see things in the other that they know are pleasing to God. And that they share great love with in the body of Christ.

It is not good for a sister or brother to choose a spouse from outside of the body of Christ, or to choose like many atheists do because of looks,
wealth, homeownership, or because of other treasures of the earth.

A sister and brother must put the treasures of heaven first, in this matter as in other matters, if they do not do that, they can be almost certain that they go
against the will of Father, and thus will never be married by Him:

9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”
They will tell you not to get married. They'll tell you not to eat this or that food—perfectly good food God created to be eaten heartily and with thanksgiving by believers who know better! Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks.

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

:(

They will tell you not to get married. They'll tell you not to eat this or that food—perfectly good food God created to be eaten heartily and with thanksgiving by believers who know better! Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks.

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Well some do, I have not written such things,
I have written that we must get married in the marriage of the King,
that man and woman/sister and brother must unite to be part of the Son in the image of God
I have written about that it is only Father that can perform marriages
We can have a marriage party on earth, a priest can try to take the power away from God and decide to perform a marriage.
But it is of no consequence, the decision is still with God.

Marriages are performed in heaven, there what God says goes, God says: 18The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.

There no man is without a woman, and no woman without a man:

You are right in that: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

What we need to let free on earth is the Love in the body of Christ
That is the same kind of Love that Father will reward in heaven
It is the love between children of light in the Lord:

8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light,

There in heaven, there is no flesh, so love in the flesh cannot be set free there
Rebellion against God will most probably get you thrown out though at least if you are not quick to repent

Active
Well some do, I have not written such things,
I have written that we must get married in the marriage of the King,
that man and woman/sister and brother must unite to be part of the Son in the image of God
I have written about that it is only Father that can perform marriages
We can have a marriage party on earth, a priest can try to take the power away from God and decide to perform a marriage.
But it is of no consequence, the decision is still with God.

Marriages are performed in heaven, there what God says goes, God says: 18The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.

There no man is without a woman, and no woman without a man:

You are right in that: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

What we need to let free on earth is the Love in the body of Christ
That is the same kind of Love that Father will reward in heaven
It is the love between children of light in the Lord:

8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light,

There in heaven, there is no flesh, so love in the flesh cannot be set free there
Rebellion against God will most probably get you thrown out though at least if you are not quick to repent
Idk exactly what ur truly trying to claim to be honest.. quite a few out in this world telling peep ya don't need to get married..ya can just live together...
What ya bind on Earth is bind in heaven..

Loyal
What ya bind on Earth is bind in heaven..

Well, people won't be married in heaven.

Matt 22:30; "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
Mark 12:25; "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.