• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

looks good to me

I looked around quite a bit before I joined. I suppose I am taking baby-steps in starting to converse with other christians again. I've stopped going to church, and felt very lost for a long time now. I've doubted God so much, but I have never completely stopped believing. I'd just like to be around some folks that still believe as well.

Looking forward to participating, and I know this will help me be more into His word. I am 63, been saved since I was 33, and a friend led me to Christ. It's changed my life forever, I know that much for sure. I can't go back to the way I lived, before I knew Him, praise Him for that, because I would probably not have lived many more years at the rate I was going.

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus my Sister in Christ Jesus!
God has led you to a solid group of Brothers & Sisters in Christ who I pray will strengthen you in fellowship, prayer, as you continue on growing in Jesus.

If there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to ask anyone here, especially staff. Who with the Love of Christ will open their arms in fellowship!

Once again be welcome!
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
I looked around quite a bit before I joined. I suppose I am taking baby-steps in starting to converse with other christians again. I've stopped going to church, and felt very lost for a long time now. I've doubted God so much, but I have never completely stopped believing. I'd just like to be around some folks that still believe as well.

Looking forward to participating, and I know this will help me be more into His word. I am 63, been saved since I was 33, and a friend led me to Christ. It's changed my life forever, I know that much for sure. I can't go back to the way I lived, before I knew Him, praise Him for that, because I would probably not have lived many more years at the rate I was going.

Well hello my new friend believer1952. A warm welcome to Talk Jesus. This is a very good Forum for you to get back into fellowship. I'm really glad that you decided to renew your relationship with our great Savior Jesus the Son of God. He's been waiting for you with open arms. I hope the Holy Spirit gives your heart a great big hug.

I'll try and help you all I can. I've been a Baptist Pastor for about 40 years and a Christian psychologist for 30 years. They call me a "BaptiCostal" because I believe all the gifts and offices of the Church are for today. There is a wonderful Sister that I hope you get to know her. Her name is "Fragrant Grace". She's a very godly woman who loves our Lord and I just love her spirit, and her loving threads and reply's that she posts.

Ok, so welcome, welcome in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Welcome! I have a friend who has a quote that goes something like "when you feel like coming to Him - the Lord - the least, is the time you need Him the most". God bless and strengthen you, and lead you into fellowship that leads your heart to Him afresh.

let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. (Hebrews 10:22 ESV)

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @believer1952

It is good that you have found the forum.
It is good to be around those who love the Lord and those who love to share in His word
Praise the Lord

Enjoy the forum and know that you will be blessed as you seek to become closer to the Lord in your walk

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

Thank you each for your warm welcome. I will look around more today, and see if I feel led to join into some of the conversations:) It was nice to get your messages this a.m.

I believe it's no accident, or mistake I am here now, or that one moment in my life has not been in His control. I believe everything has a purpose, and a reason. I will tell you just a couple of things. I won't argue here on the forum. I allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in learning God's Word, whether I am listening to a person preach it, or I am reading it myself.

I do not call myself a religious person, because I am not any denomination, and don't wish to be. I simply want to grow in Christ. I do think there is, again, a reason why christians disagree on doctrine etc. I'll let God handle that, which doesn't mean I won't speak on a topic, and tell you what I believe. But I don't try to "prove" anything, God never called me to do that. I will share, hopefully, always with humility.

Ok, off to do some reading;) God bless your day, Denise

Thanks Chad,
I was thinking of you and the other people I saw on the weight-lifting thread when I went to work out today:) It sure feels good, even a little physical activity:) And I am glad to find a friendly forum to spend time on when I want to relax.

Loyal

Welcome to the forum @believer1952 . There are more than "several" believers here. We are all hoping to grow closer to God. So you have moved downhill for time. Don't let that discourage you to ever consider quitting. God has us in His plan if we really want to be in it. You sound as if you do. For that give God the glory!

No, people may try to go back, but if they really knew God, they cannot. They will only go back into a more miserable state than they were in previously... This is the truth as I see it... and I believe as God sees it.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Thanks you, and I see it that way too;) Not real busy here. Maybe it comes in spurts, or is this a fairly new forum? Thanks for your warm welcome, I will be on more in the a.m.'s, Denise

Loyal
Thanks you, and I see it that way too;) Not real busy here. Maybe it comes in spurts, or is this a fairly new forum? Thanks for your warm welcome, I will be on more in the a.m.'s, Denise
I have been on this forum for better than 7 years. I believe it was about 4 years old when I arrived. It is a good forum to encounter fellowship with other believers. Hope to see you around the forum.

I have been on this forum for better than 7 years. I believe it was about 4 years old when I arrived. It is a good forum to encounter fellowship with other believers. Hope to see you around the forum.
Sorry about my typos, meant to say thank you, not "thanks you".

I'm surprised I never ran across it before then. I only found giant, bible forums, or dead sites. Just no traffic at all. Anyway, I like the topics I'm seeing:)

Loyal
I still officially belong to a few forums which are effectively dead. Hopefully this is not another negative sign of the times, and perhaps it is good as it assures us that the very end is on the approach.

This forum remains alive and well. Perhaps the following verse could also be applied with regard to Christian forums with all of the dead or dying forums being located through the "wide gate":

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat" Matt 7:13

Active
I am a member of one other Forum. I've tried others but "Talk Jesus" and the other one are the best in my book. The other Forum, I have been a member for quite some time and was a member of the Staff and a Moderator. But with the large amount of time I spend as a Psychologist with other members, there wasn't time for good moderating.

Now I just do what I do here. I look for good people who love the Lord Jesus. I don't like a lot of debate and folk who think their theology is the only one that is right. Here at Talk Jesus, I find a relaxed place where I can express my views without someone jumping down my throat with nonsense.

Folk like you amadeus2 is why I'm here. Thank you for being you, I love you Brother.

I am finding it comfortable here @Chopper. People do seem to be loving in their posts, for the most part. I also enjoy all the things I'm learning already:)

Loyal
I am a member of one other Forum. I've tried others but "Talk Jesus" and the other one are the best in my book. The other Forum, I have been a member for quite some time and was a member of the Staff and a Moderator. But with the large amount of time I spend as a Psychologist with other members, there wasn't time for good moderating.

Now I just do what I do here. I look for good people who love the Lord Jesus. I don't like a lot of debate and folk who think their theology is the only one that is right. Here at Talk Jesus, I find a relaxed place where I can express my views without someone jumping down my throat with nonsense.

Folk like you amadeus2 is why I'm here. Thank you for being you, I love you Brother.

Thank you for your kindness @Chopper I am a searcher and I know that I have grown since I first met the Lord many years ago. In you I see signs of such growth as well. We have come a long way, but the end is not yet.

Loyal

So you quit going to church.....Christians are doing that by the thousands...Wonder why? Christians quit church to follow after the truth...only my opinion

Yes, but I'm here, seeking fellowship, I'd say that's a step in the right direction. Maybe you should start a thread on your thoughts. I would be interested.