• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

just me...learning a lot from you all!

Well i want to write a bit more about me so that people understand what on earth i am doing here! I am not a christian...I don't think...but i am here because i want to learn. I am here day and night lately (im a teacher and its summer break for me now!) because I want to understand how you are all so passionate! Sometimes i think i offend people because they think I am a christian, or think i know what they are talking about, and i reply with short answers...or not at all. I dont want to offend anyone, but it is so uncomfortable for me to say that i have no idea what you are talking, or i dont believe in what you are saying. so i'll say it here! it's not that i dont believe in everything you are saying...just that i havent decided if i believe it all yet.

I grew up in the Catholic church...did first communion, confirmation etc. we went to church each week until i was about grade 8 then i was given the option and i chose no! But i still went with my parents to church on holidays. About 5 years ago my parents started going to a non denominational protestant church (they go about 1 or 2 times a month)...so now that's where i go on holidays.

my husband is like me...grew up catholic, but he barely went as a kid. he taught in the Catholic system for 4 years too. we dont go to church at all. we took an alpha course last year (alphacanada org) and it was interesting...but boring too. it didnt answer any of my questions, but it did give me more!

until about 5 years ago i honestly thought i was a christian. i went to a christian university (Trinity Western) for a year and when i got there i realized i wasnt. it was an awkward year for me...but it definitely sparked an interest.

Now I dont know about it all. i have so many doubts and they wont go away. i dont have the faith that you all do. i think in order for me to believe it all i have to research it all first...that's just me i guess (im a scientific/mathematical person!)...so that's what im doing.

I have looked into other religions a little bit...and some of them look really good (sounds like im shopping for a religion or something)...some of them have a god that seems much nicer. but i think i believe in the christian god...but i dont know. maybe i just think i believe in him because thats what ive been taught since day one. So many doubts.

Anyhow so that's me. I hope it helps you understand where i am coming from, and helps with any confusion in the chat room. I relly love this website, there are so many great people here...some who i have made a great connection with! well im heading back to chat...thanks for understanding :)

byebye,
Nicolek (really my name is Krista...but you can keep calling m Nicole if you want...its my middlename :) )

Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek said:
"...(im a scientific/mathematical person!)..."

Hi, Krista!

FUN! Have you done any educational research?

Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Krista,

Since you mentioned research, maybe you could pick up a copy of Lee Strobel's: "The Case For Christ", that is an excellent resource for Christianity. It has resources listed in the book that he used when he researched Christ, He was and atheist, until he did the research and for him the evidence was so vast for Christ(scientific, medical, historical, archeological...), he has since become a Christian and a Pastor and has written about his research in three different books, "Case for Christ", "Case for Faith" and then the newest "Case for a Creator". These may be helpful in your quest.
Peace be with you,
John.

Hi there

nicolek said:
Well i want to write a bit more about me so that people understand what on earth i am doing here! I am not a christian...I don't think...but i am here because i want to learn. I am here day and night lately (im a teacher and its summer break for me now!) because I want to understand how you are all so passionate! Sometimes i think i offend people because they think I am a christian, or think i know what they are talking about, and i reply with short answers...or not at all. I dont want to offend anyone, but it is so uncomfortable for me to say that i have no idea what you are talking, or i dont believe in what you are saying. so i'll say it here! it's not that i dont believe in everything you are saying...just that i havent decided if i believe it all yet.

I grew up in the Catholic church...did first communion, confirmation etc. we went to church each week until i was about grade 8 then i was given the option and i chose no! But i still went with my parents to church on holidays. About 5 years ago my parents started going to a non denominational protestant church (they go about 1 or 2 times a month)...so now that's where i go on holidays.

my husband is like me...grew up catholic, but he barely went as a kid. he taught in the Catholic system for 4 years too. we dont go to church at all. we took an alpha course last year (alphacanada org) and it was interesting...but boring too. it didnt answer any of my questions, but it did give me more!

until about 5 years ago i honestly thought i was a christian. i went to a christian university (Trinity Western) for a year and when i got there i realized i wasnt. it was an awkward year for me...but it definitely sparked an interest.

Now I dont know about it all. i have so many doubts and they wont go away. i dont have the faith that you all do. i think in order for me to believe it all i have to research it all first...that's just me i guess (im a scientific/mathematical person!)...so that's what im doing.

I have looked into other religions a little bit...and some of them look really good (sounds like im shopping for a religion or something)...some of them have a god that seems much nicer. but i think i believe in the christian god...but i dont know. maybe i just think i believe in him because thats what ive been taught since day one. So many doubts.

Anyhow so that's me. I hope it helps you understand where i am coming from, and helps with any confusion in the chat room. I relly love this website, there are so many great people here...some who i have made a great connection with! well im heading back to chat...thanks for understanding :)

byebye,
Nicolek (really my name is Krista...but you can keep calling m Nicole if you want...its my middlename :) )

hi nicole :love:
thank you for opening up your heart to a website of 4000 members, how WOW your heart must feel writing this. . .

you said:
"I am not a christian...I don't think...but i am here because i want to learn. I am here day and night lately (im a teacher and its summer break for me now!) because I want to understand how you are all so passionate!"

I think thats a beautiful statement, because I believe God is knockin softly on your heart. . .which only has a doorhandle from the inside :love:

the other thing is about all these other religions. . .all of them have hope and promises. . .but no assurance!
Jesus has security! He is the ancor! Gods word is full of that promise, God wrote this loveletter for us to be saved eternally and never be lost. . .

You can have assurance in your heart:

Can you answer these two questions for you?

Krista: If you were to die today. . .where would you spend eternity?

if you think this one is hard to answer or your not sure. . .we should . .could. . talk about that if you want to someday :love:

2. question

Krista: If you were to die today. .. .and you were to stand before the Great Almighty God, the Creator of All and of you. . .
and He was gonna ask you:

Krista, Why should I let you into my heaven?
What would you say?

There is only ONE way, only one answer counts in Gods eyes, no matter what :love:

God bless you and I hope for more hours in Chat :love:

Have a great summer break, this one might be life changing

Dot

Krista,
Being so open like that is great! That way we know where you are coming from. I understand having questions and not knowing what to do. Thankfully that confusion is gone. See there are many things that we will never understand.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Our human brains will never be able to fully understand while we are here. Many things we will learn though when we get to heaven. Some things we will one day know while here even.

Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Just remember that we are here to answer questions and try and help but it all really comes down to you and what you will choose. See will other "religions" look better here they are not going to be fun when Christ return's . To die without Christ is eternal death. There is never another chance. Feel free to contact me Joyfully ~ Jlu

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

thank you for your kind replies. I will think about what you have all said. I didn't really expect replies to the post...mostly i just wanted you to knwo where i am coming from so that I dont offend anyone in chat :)

Thank you...talk to you all soon i'm sure!!

Krista...or nicolek whatever :)

nicolek said:

byebye,
Hi nicole.
You have had some good replies. I especially agree with Peeps' reply.
I see God working in you a desire to know Him. His whole plan is for you to draw close to Him in fellowship. Would you not like that with someone you love? So God so loved you, Nicole, that He sent His only begotten Son that you may believe on Him and through the sacrificial taking away of your sins by Jesus Christ, you will be able to come near to God and Know Him, and to feel His heartbeat, and His comfort, and His assurance, and His "will never let you go" kind of love.
You cannot wind up belief, but you can decide what you will believe, and if you believe that God is and He is a rewarder of those who seek Him (as you are doing) He will be found of you. He cannot wait for that moment, He desires your fellowship so much.
Be prepared for a better life in Christ, for it is on its way!!! :present:

Kristy...hello. Its good you are seeking. But there really is only one God, and that is Lord Jesus Christ, who proved it. And the Bible is God's word, written entirely by Jesus/Holly Spirit. A lot of Catholics are not saved, not Christian for the doctrine of Catholism is based on many man made false things...like how they added 5 books? in 1511, written by priest. This is very wrong, and a lot of Catholics believe that "works" save them. This is error to. If you want to go to heaven, all you have to do is ask for the gift of salvation, to be born again(in spirit), to become a child of God so that you are SAVED from hell. Right now, you are only a creation of God, and lost. But, if you pray and ask for salvation /to be saved by trusting in Jesus, that he has done everything that is needed to save you, and you can do nothing beyond asking for salvation, then that means you trust Jesus. Salvation you can never loose, as the Scriptures and Jesus says. Behavior, good or bad, only affect REWARDS in heaven. So, if you really want to learn the TRUTH, then I suggest you listen to: Biblelineministries.org EST 10 am to 11 pm M-F, and it replays on the internet 24/7, with archives to. Here you will be able to find the truth, and if you have any questions, you can call the host, Dr. Lindstrom while he is on air, or off air till 3pm everyday. God Bless, and Good luck. .....p.s. If you will listen to the show, I feel you will know its meant to be that you become a Christian, which has no denomination on it. : )

Administrator
Staff Member
Nicolek God bless you sister. In my experience as the owner of this site for the last nearly 2 1/2 yrs I can tell you and 100% positvely assure you this:

- God sent you here
- God is working in you and with you
- God is using us to help you grow in faith and come to Salvation through Jesus Christ

Luke 17:6
He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

Luke 11:10
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Romans 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Keep your interest in Truth, in Jesus Christ and you will receive wisdom from Heavenly Father, Salvation from Jesus Christ.

Hi Nicolek, You said you have so many doubts, and it's very possible that these are preventing you from becoming born again. Please feel a freedom to share the doubts you have, and then by the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit, some people here at TJ may help those doubts vanish, but most importantly ask Jesus to help you with your doubt, and I believe that He will, just the same as He did with Thomas( one of the disciples).

replies

Hi :)

I really didn't mean for you guys to have to write replies to this! It was more just for you to what I'm doing here so that I don't offend anyone in chat...i dont want to seem snotty or rude if i don't participate in conversations or anything like that.

Burgeon: Thanks for your post. No I haven't done a lot of educational research (my Ed program was kid of a joke!)...I have done some English Literature research..but I forget it all now, it seems like it was so long ago! I want to get my MEd soon, so hopefully I'll get to do some interetsing research then!

jjkirk: Thank you for your reply! that's really interesting that you suggested that book...i have read it! But it was back in 2001 (seems like a long time ago for some reason!). When i was at Trinity Western I went on this huge mission to figure all of this out (similar to what im doing again now i guess...i guess you can tell i didnt figure it out back then!). Anyhow i spend A LOT of time at the library reading and that was a good one I remember. Unfortunately i also picked up a book by an expreacher turned athiest...but it is good to look at both sides I think.

Peeps: thank you for your reply. I have thought about the questions you asked and they are interesting. I don't know where i will be spending all of eternity! I need to believe in my options first. to be honest, I think I beleive in heaven and hell...but I like the idea of reincarnation too...but I know i dont get to choose what I like, it's what the truth is that counts. Anyhow, yeah I don't have an answer for that right now. And the second question...what would i say to God if he asked me why he should let me in to heaven? I would say I am a good person. I try to be the best person I can everyday. I think I am loving and kind and helpful and caring...but I know none of that matters if I dont have a personal relationship with god...or is it jesus...both? i dont know! Anyhow, what is the right answer?

Jesuslovesu: Thank you or the bible quotes you left for me to read. I do understand what you said about ulimately it being up to me to choose...and that is exactly what I want to do! I just need to believe before I choose...I'm working on it!

180 degree: thanks for your reply. I just have one question...how do you choose what you beleive? If I could choose I would choose to believe in everything you guys beleive in (I think...but at the same time there are some more peaceful religions where no one goes to hell)...because you are all so happy! But i dont know how to "choose" a belief...doesn't belief kind of just happen? I dont know.

Jericho42: Thank you...I am going to check out the website. I know a lot of catholics are not saved. i am not sure if i made it clear..i do not consider myself catholic. sometimes christianity feels like a cult...but catholisim always feels like a cult. all the chanting and the serious entrance prosession, the memorized prayers...but some of it is very beautiful at the same time. but yeah that's not me at all...I'm not catholic.

Chad: Thank you for your post. I like the quotes you left me...especially the mustard seed one :) If the quotes are true then all i need is the tiniest bit of faith..and I think I have that...so things should be good...and he should reveal himself to me? That would be interesting! I will definitely keep my interest in truth...thanks for that :)

Jiggyfly: Thank you. I do bug everyone here with my doubts!! LOL all the time! People here like you are great...so patient with people like me! This is like an online course for me this summer...I spend so much time researching and posting and chatting...it's just like a First Nations Literature course I took online once...well not just the same actually totally different...but you know what I mean :)

Thanks for the replys :) please dont feel you need to reply to this at all :) talk to ya all soon I'm sure!

Hi sweetie

nicolek said:
Hi :)

Peeps: thank you for your reply. I have thought about the questions you asked and they are interesting. I don't know where i will be spending all of eternity! I need to believe in my options first. to be honest, I think I beleive in heaven and hell...but I like the idea of reincarnation too...but I know i dont get to choose what I like, it's what the truth is that counts. Anyhow, yeah I don't have an answer for that right now. And the second question...what would i say to God if he asked me why he should let me in to heaven? I would say I am a good person. I try to be the best person I can everyday. I think I am loving and kind and helpful and caring...but I know none of that matters if I dont have a personal relationship with god...or is it jesus...both? i dont know! Anyhow, what is the right answer?

!

John 14 (Contemporary English Version)
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
Copyright © 1995 by American Bible Society

John 14
Jesus Is the Way to the Father

1Jesus said to his disciples, "Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me. [a] 2There are many rooms in my Father's house. I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you. 3After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together. 4You know the way to where I am going." 5Thomas said, "Lord, we don't even know where you are going! How can we know the way?"
6"I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father. 7If you had known me, you would have known the Father. But from now on, you do know him, and you have seen him."

8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."

9Jesus replied:

Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father? 10Don't you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn't said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things.

11Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do. 12I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father. 13Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father. 14I will do whatever you ask me to do.

How are you dealing with all this . . .you ok? . . .my heart would cramp and my throat would have a lump hearing the truth while God is softly knockin. . .He loves You sooo much . . .Bless you Krista :love:

Hi Nickolek, when you say i kind a like the idea of reincarnation?, so did i when i was unsaved, and i actually thought i was good enuff to get into heaven! I cant believe that.
All these things that arnt true, appeal to the human mind, to deflect away from the truth and are counterfits from the devil.
The only thing that we can know for sure is wot jesus says about heaven and hell,
John 3:3 No man shall see the kingdom of god unless he is born again!, and if a person is not born again then they are on their way to hell, as the bible says.

Last edited:
oh

nicolek said:

byebye,

Well this actually Took me by Surprise to the MAX.. liek i though you were a Christian cos of how liek nice you were but ok then.. well i am SURE you'll get there.. we be preying for you. well my @ least... he he he...

Love Simon!!!

heya

ok.. @ my church recently we went thur the different religions.. an the one thing that i thought about as soon as i read ur post was..

'all the other religions U have 2 go 2 god.. but with Christianity, God comes to US'..

duno if dat means nething 2 ya..

but yea.. as i sed, its wot i thort of..

love ya gorgus!! an i know u'll find ur ansa in Christ one day.. just dont take 2 long!!!

God Bless

If you want to know, you need to seek.

If you want to know, you need to seek.

READ and STUDY the NEW TESTAMENT first. I strongly suggest the original King James Version of the Bible.

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD, the ONLY begotten Son of GOD.

nicolek said:

byebye,

Hi!
I totally didnt expect this post to pop back up again...I wrote it a while back! Anyhow thank you for your replies. Aimz what you said does mean a lot to me, I am just waiting for him to "come to me".

Anyhow talk to you all later! Ichthus...you made me laugh...thanks for posting!! :) I think you're nice tooooo!! :)

Me

There is a difference that we need to discern i feel, Yes when we are Born Again God comes to us as we are his children, but if we are not Born Again he wont force himself on us, we need to belive that jesus died for our sins and ask god into your life only then will we be children of god.

just waiting for god to come to you wont help,
seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you,
hes asking you right now nickolek do you want to to be my child whom i will never forsake? then just ask me into your life.