• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Just another question

I've noticed that Christian's here post a lot of thread's with questions about how to live the Christian life, and what's right and wrong. Also I've noticed Christian's trying to educate other Christian's about what they perceive as morally grounded.

Most of what I read doesn't really end in a final solution, and the same questions eventually gets posted later on.

What I think though is that if many of you are asking and re-asking rudimentary questions with no real solution, doesn't that show that the Bible is an inadequate source for dealing with these questions you ask.

You think that it has all the answers, but your constant questioning and bickering shows it doesn't.

Loyal
I've noticed that Christian's here post a lot of thread's with questions about how to live the Christian life, and what's right and wrong. Also I've noticed Christian's trying to educate other Christian's about what they perceive as morally grounded.

Most of what I read doesn't really end in a final solution, and the same questions eventually gets posted later on.

What I think though is that if many of you are asking and re-asking rudimentary questions with no real solution, doesn't that show that the Bible is an inadequate source for dealing with these questions you ask.

You think that it has all the answers, but your constant questioning and bickering shows it doesn't.

Absolutely Not.
Its NOT Gods Word that is the Culprit but MAN!

That's why there are so many Denominations. Man thinking they know better and refusing to admit they were wrong.

Blessings

Absolutely Not.
Its NOT Gods Word that is the Culprit but MAN!

That's why there are so many Denominations. Man thinking they know better and refusing to admit they were wrong.

Blessings
Yes, man, that dastardly beast. But then some men have Gods own spirit to guide them, however they still ask many questions.

Loyal
We all are maturing a different rates or levels, and the flesh will get in the way of the spirit at times and cause these division whear there should be union.

One thing everyone on here will agree on is Jesus is our savior and with out him we are dead in our sins.

We all are maturing a different rates or levels, and the flesh will get in the way of the spirit at times and cause these division whear there should be union.

One thing everyone on here will agree on is Jesus is our savior and with out him we are dead in our sins.
Such spooky language.

Staff Member

You mean kind of like the smoking thread? ;)

There is always a fine line with humanity and how the Word of God is understood verses what God actually wants us to know/receive from it. Oh, I know, then why didn't God write it in such a fashion whereby even the simplest would understand it :) Man is such an obstinate creature, that you can find people arguing over Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham or even the color of the sky! Doesn't matter what it is, you will always find another side of the coin with any discussion. Part of why you're here, isn't it?

The Apostle's had Jesus right in front of them and they had difficulty at times understanding what He was saying. So, the expectation that everyone will know everything is kind a false premise to attempt to hold to in critiquing Biblical content.

On the argumentative nature of many of the threads.....well we're not perfect are we? At least not yet! Well, at least not all of us ;)
Still, because the messengers happen to be with some fault, doesn't make the Source invalid. Yet, I will agree with that assessment to some extent. We, all get caught up on what we believe to be true, we miss out on being able to share the Love that God has shown/given us through His Son Jesus Christ. It's less about content, then it's about focus and the loss of it when debating most subjects. That's how we grow, in bouncing things back and forth. Who to do it better with than with a Brother or Sister in Christ Jesus? At least for us who believe.

Well, as far as solutions being the end all where everyone agrees. Can't please everyone, but though not posted, many do come to find the answer that they are seeking. They just don't necessarily say it in the post. At times, just saying it out loud, or in this case writing it down. Is sufficient to provide one clarity and resolution. Whether it confirms or invalidates ones original thought on the matter, and their willingness to share it, is another subject entirely.

Would love to continue, but have to give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar! (I'm at work and my day starts now!).

With the Love of Jesus Christ. I hope this clears the air a little for you.
Nick
<><

Last edited:
Loyal
Oh really, how so.
How so?
They will always be themselves. The deal is to learn how to be more like Christ and less of you.

Simply put, we must learn and allow God to remove the parts about us that are not pleasing unto Him and replace it with Him.

It's a process and many fail to do so.
Blessings to you

Active

Depends on who sits on what side of the table and whether you believe that every word of the Bible is the inerrant word of God or not! Do you?

Depends on who sits on what side of the table and whether you believe that every word of the Bible is the inerrant word of God or not! Do you?
Well, doesn't the average Christian say that man is fallen and corrupt. But then I'm supposed to accept that your Gods perfect word was written in a book by such people.

This is how you set a double standard.

How so?
They will always be themselves. The deal is to learn how to be more like Christ and less of you.

Simply put, we must learn and allow God to remove the parts about us that are not pleasing unto Him and replace it with Him.

Blessings to you
Honesty how can you want to be a carbon copy of someone else.

Active
Well, doesn't the average Christian say that man is fallen and corrupt. But then I'm supposed to accept that your Gods perfect word was written in a book by such people.

This is how you set a double standard.
What an awesome God!!! His perfection doesn't rely on man's actions...he is perfect in spite of man's inequities.

Loyal
The Above is your reply to

How so?

Blessings to you

Not just Some one else but the Son of God, My High Priest, My Lord and my Savior.

After All it is only through Him that I can be in right standing with Thee Creator and God.

After All it is Christ Himself who will stand behind me and claim me as His at the great Judgement.

I had far to many wasted years being who I wanted to be. In the end it didn't really matter for I was not happy or fulfilled inside always wanting to chase after something better.

Blessings to you

Active
A carbon copy ? No that is an impossibility, if nothing else our DNA makes us unique.
Do we come to TJ to argue God..No!
We all agree, except someone like you who just can't understand..... we agree that we rest in the finality of the cross and live in the truth of the resurrection. Lovers of God, then yes we are carbon copies to someone like you!
If you live long enough, who knows, maybe you will be a carbon copy too....others just like you have!

The Above is your reply to

How so?

Blessings to you

Not just Some one else but the Son of God, My High Priest, My Lord and my Savior.

After All it is only through Him that I can be in right standing with Thee Creator and God.

After All it is Christ Himself who will stand behind me and claim me as His at the great Judgement.

I had far to many wasted years being who I wanted to be. In the end it didn't really matter for I was not happy or fulfilled inside always wanting to chase after something better.

Blessings to you
I doubt you were ever yourself, you probably did what most people did, looked for a mould to fit in to your whole life. Now you think you've found the perfect mould to fit in to.

A carbon copy ? No that is an impossibility, if nothing else our DNA makes us unique.
Do we come to TJ to argue God..No!
We all agree, except someone like you who just can't understand..... we agree that we rest in the finality of the cross and live in the truth of the resurrection. Lovers of God, then yes we are carbon copies to someone like you!
If you live long enough, who knows, maybe you will be a carbon copy too....others just like you have!
You're right it is impossible to be someone else, nature forbids it! So how can you be like Jesus if nature is against being like anybody else.

Loyal
I doubt you were ever yourself, you probably did what most people did, looked for a mould to fit in to your whole life. Now you think you've found the perfect mould to fit in to.
Hope you ain't a gambling man cause you would loose it all.

Active
You're right it is impossible to be someone else, nature forbids it! So how can you be like Jesus if nature is against being like anybody else.
I understand how the "nature thing " appeals to you like it does me. This is not a physical thing, like nature, this is a spiritual thing. The point being we all die but not all of us live on spiritually.The thing is, you can't comprehend this right now . We can never be like Jesus but, the desire is to be like him!