• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Introduction

Hello! I just recently stumbled on this forum and felt the need to join. I live in NYC which is in my opinion one of the hardest cities to maintain any kind of friendship or fellowship of any kind. Being a Christian and trying to find people with like minds has been impossible for me, seeing I am not the most extroverted person and I have a lack of patience for disingenuous small talk. In joining I hope to have some fellowship and stimulating conversation with fellow followers of Christ.

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @Abbie7391
Always a joy to welcome a Sister in Christ Jesus to TJ.
I hope you find the fellowship and growth in our Lord Jesus Christ that you seek.
NYC is tough, lacking patience for "disingenuous small talk" I'm sure makes it even harder for you!
Always remember you are never alone in Jesus!
Once again be welcome to Talk Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
@Abbie7391 Welcome to the forum!

The Lord without a doubt drew you to this place. Here you will find fellowship in Him... and other things as well. Give God the glory!

Thank you. I didn't say it to sound pretentious but people can be so mind numbing boring. Maybe it's NYC or maybe it's just my generation. No one has anything interesting to talk about and when they do its vulgar filth!
Welcome to Talk Jesus @Abbie7391
Always a joy to welcome a Sister in Christ Jesus to TJ.
I hope you find the fellowship and growth in our Lord Jesus Christ that you seek.
NYC is tough, lacking patience for "disingenuous small talk" I'm sure makes it even harder for you!
Always remember you are never alone in Jesus!
Once again be welcome to Talk Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
@Abbie7391

Oh, I understand. Grew up in Bklyn for my first 17 yrs before joining the military. When I did I found out quickly that there was more to the world then NYC. :smile:

I believe that NYC is very much the Hedonistic type society. Without Jesus Christ in their lives, all they default to or want/know is what's self serving and provides self gratification. With technology the way it is. Momentary pleasures are what excites them and when one thing bores them they move on to the next. Still as empty as they were before they started.

No matter how absurd or bizarre it might be to them if they truly gave it a little thought. These momentary "pleasure/s" (for lack of another word at the moment), makes them feel alive and will allow them to somehow disguise the loneliness/emptiness that resides in their hearts. Not realizing or wanting to know that Jesus is what will fill them and complete them. Joyfully and without measure!

However, sad I may feel about their condition. I still can't help but cringe and move away from the vulgarity, crudeness that some people and in some places, many people show as an everyday example in guise of being "sociable". What does scripture say?

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

It's as if our very spirit rebels against what we see and hear. It's as if you're being assailed, literally physical by the ugliness that is brought forth by these lost ones of the world!

Burrrrrrrr....have to shake it off. Knowledge of God's Word and holding on to His promises truly can turn even the most dark of moments into ones of Light & Rejoicing! Glory to God in the Highest!

Glad you're here sister!!!! Think of us as an Oasis for refreshing your spirit in fellowship!!!!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

@Abbie7391

Oh, I understand. Grew up in Bklyn for my first 17 yrs before joining the military. When I did I found out quickly that there was more to the world then NYC. :smile:

I believe that NYC is very much the Hedonistic type society. Without Jesus Christ in their lives, all they default to or want/know is what's self serving and provides self gratification. With technology the way it is. Momentary pleasures are what excites them and when one thing bores them they move on to the next. Still as empty as they were before they started.

No matter how absurd or bizarre it might be to them if they truly gave it a little thought. These momentary "pleasure/s" (for lack of another word at the moment), makes them feel alive and will allow them to somehow disguise the loneliness/emptiness that resides in their hearts. Not realizing or wanting to know that Jesus is what will fill them and complete them. Joyfully and without measure!

However, sad I may feel about their condition. I still can't help but cringe and move away from the vulgarity, crudeness that some people and in some places, many people show as an everyday example in guise of being "sociable". What does scripture say?

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

It's as if our very spirit rebels against what we see and hear. It's as if you're being assailed, literally physical by the ugliness that is brought forth by these lost ones of the world!

Burrrrrrrr....have to shake it off. Knowledge of God's Word and holding on to His promises truly can turn even the most dark of moments into ones of Light & Rejoicing! Glory to God in the Highest!

Glad you're here sister!!!! Think of us as an Oasis for refreshing your spirit in fellowship!!!!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
You took the words out of my mouth! I know so many people who can't understand why I despise the most common of activities. People are so empty, it breaks my heart really, but at the same time it angers me that I can't drill the gospel into people's heads. That was graphic but you understand my frustration.

Staff Member
@Abbie7391

I do understand sister!

I've come to realize that you can't drill anything into anyone heads that first they don't want regardless of the reason or second have the Gospel move them without the Holy Spirit convicting them.

So, don't be angry at yourself. Tough to realize, but still true is the fact that not everyone and these may even include those who are dear to us will be saved or strangely enough have a desire to be!

Let them see Christ in you when words fail. For maybe, just maybe a seed of curiosity may be planted by which they may seek to find out why you are the way you are in Love, Knowledge and truth. Then let your testimony fly in telling them what the Lord has done for you! Tell them all about the hope and promises that are on the horizon even as we speak here.

With the Love of Christ Jesus
YBIC
Nick
<><

Administrator
Staff Member
Hello @Abbie7391 welcome to our community. Thanks for joining us. Please share with people you know.