• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I'm New (Seeking Guidance)

Active

RJ

Hello I just found this forum so I can better myself and to have a close relationship with God and Jesus.
Well, welcome to TJ.
This is a great place to learn but you have to be open minded and spirited.
You will have a closer relationship with God by reading and studying his word regardless whether you come to TJ or not.
I pray and hope you find what your seeking and, like many others here, I will be glad to help. Just remember, including myself, you have to be equiped to know what is true and beneficial.....ultimately only Jesus and his word can help you do that!

Staff Member
Hello I just found this forum so I can better myself and to have a close relationship with God and Jesus.

Welcome to Talk Jesus
@Javier Camacho

I am so pleased to hear that you want to have a close relationship with God and Jesus
That is all that matters in this life

Have you committed your life to the Lord, repeneted and accepted his free gift of salvation

This thread may be helpful to you

Stop and Think...don't brush this aside | Talk Jesus

Come unto Me and I will give you rest
Matthew 11:28

Administrator
Staff Member
Welcome to the forum Javier! I'm glad you're here. I know you'll receive a lot of encouragement from the community members.

Thanks everyone who welcomed me here in this forum. I would like to get any advice or any guidance since I'm 19 years of age.

Active

RJ

Thanks everyone who welcomed me here in this forum. I would like to get any advice or any guidance since I'm 19 years of age.
Fragrant Grace has already started out with some sounde advice, what guidance are you requesting?

Trying to overcome sin & having a close relationship with Jesus & God. I don't want to have a relationship with him when I only need his him and not when I'm doing good. I want to have a relationship when I'm having a good day & bad days. I just want him in my heart. I've felt him 2 in my 19 years of life. Words can't explain it & now I've ran from him & I don't want to run away from Jesus. I want him in my heart...

Active

RJ

Trying to overcome sin & having a close relationship with Jesus & God. I don't want to have a relationship with him when I only need his him and not when I'm doing good. I want to have a relationship when I'm having a good day & bad days. I just want him in my heart. I've felt him 2 in my 19 years of life. Words can't explain it & now I've ran from him & I don't want to run away from Jesus. I want him in my heart...
You can have him, it is much eaisier than you think, Fragrant Grace, Chad or I will be glad to show you how. Just ask.

Active

RJ

"The simplest things can sometimes be difficult for one." Please help me and show me I want to know.
This is long, I don't know of any other way.
The ultimate answer to any of your fears, worries or concerns is answered by having Jesus. The answer to all you seek is jesus in you. What we want is jesus to be in you.
Colossians 1:26-27
First of all there is no one method, several here at TJ can guide you in the right direction; the "key" is guide because only you can do it and God gives you the choice to choose him or not.
I am going to categorize all this but the exact order is not as important as understanding them, for which you can reach out and ask more questions. Since this is an open forum, maybe someone else can benefit but, if you are not comfortable being public with your responses, just click on my TJ name and send me a private message.
I am not assuming anything about you, so react to these as needed but, let's set the foundation and then show you a way to achieve what you want:
1. Starting now and for ever, it is very important to be in the word of God; all true knowledge comes not from Man but from God and that is through the Bible. The entire Bible is important and there are varying opinions on how to do this but, I suggest you start with the New Testament, starting with John, read through Revelation and reference the Old Testament when it is mentioned. Otherwise read the Bible as you feel led.
2. God calls you not the other way around. I would say that you are here at TJ for a reason. I would say that God probably has been calling your for some time and TJ is a part of that calling.
1 Peter 5:10
1 Corinthians 7:17
1 Corinthians 1:9
1 Thessalonians 2:12
3. What you seek is a personal relationship with Jesus and that starts and remains by your salvation preeceded by God's forgiveness.
A. Your sinful, I am sinful. None of use are worthy of a Holy and perfect God. You have to try and grasp that God is absolute perfection and our imperfection can not co-exist with his perction. With jesus in us, we can be a paert of God's realm.
Romans 3: 10-12
Psalm 14: 1-3
B. Because God loves us so much, enter Jesus who bridges the gap between our imperfection and God's perfection. As you go forward, remember this and etch it into your mind, It is Jesus perfection that you seek and can have and, once obatianed, God calls you Holy, Righteous and Blameless...not you but jesus who can be in you.
God is sovereign and in his perfection, he requires a minimum for the forgiveness of sins.
Hebrews 9: 22
Jesus is our High Priest and, unlike the Priests before who cleansed our sins with the blood of animals year after year Jesus, with his blood, did it once for all and for all sins.
Hebrews 7: 27
Hebrews 10: 12
Hebrews 9: 11-15
4. So, God through Jesus work on the cross, has already offered forgiveness to all of us. All we need to do is take it. Now, the next step to obtaining this forgiveness and recieving salvation is really simple because it is free.
Ephesians 2: 8-9
It requires grace and faith to be saved and the "Good News", they are both a free gift from God, all you have to do is ask and recieve it. How?
Here is just one area in scriptures that say what you should do:
Romans 10: 8-13
So, some form of the above is what is needed, any similar method will do, it can be done in a simple prayer to God, I can help with that. Just include that you repent of your sins and your on your way.
By recieving God's free gift of salvation, He gives you himself in the form of Jesus or his Holy Spirit to live in you.
2 Corinthians 1: 21-22
Ephesians 1: 13-14

Finaly, do your due diligence and recieve God's spirit to live in you and you will have what you want in a relationship with Jesus. Two important points to remember:
1. You are on a journey, much like my own. Nothing will be perfect, you will have your ups and downs:
John 16:33.....this message is a message from Jesus to saved Christians, it has nothing to do with your lack of faith or salvation. In fact, your faith will carry you through these hard times. Stay focused on your true hope, an eternal life with all believers.
2. To stay in faith, stay in the word of God, Romans 10:17

Any questions about anything, just ask!
Now learn it, do it and pay it forward!

Thanks RJ I appreciate the help & guidance to help me find a way to Jesus and then to God. I have one more question when we repent do we have to go to a priest or can we just repent at home?

Active

RJ

Thanks RJ I appreciate the help & guidance to help me find a way to Jesus and then to God. I have one more question when we repent do we have to go to a priest or can we just repent at home?
Matthew 23: 9
Romans 8:34
Anyone can help and certainly another man whether it is a priest or some other, who you might consider a qualified person. But make no mistake when you repent it is God / Jesus who you are confessing to and no other and, Jesus / Holy Spirt interceeds for you already so, you can abosolutely do it by yourself with confidence that God is there and listening; remember, it is God who has brought you here so far and he has no intention of leaving you now or forever!. Also, let " no man" say, because you did it yourself that it did not count, that is of Satin and an absolute lie!

When you are ready, use the verse in Romans 10: 8-13 that I gave you and use something similar to this following prayer...there is no magic way of doing this, just beleive, repent and accept Jesus with your heart and God will do the rest!
Pray this:
Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.

Use this or a similar prayer. Get somewhere it is quite and if you wish, just read it and say it in your heart at the same time. Remember God knows about it even before you say it.
It is your time, pray on it and do it when you feel ready.
When ever you do it, let me know when you can!

Thanks RJ you've been very helpful towards me and when you said, "Also, let " no man" say, because you did it yourself that it did not count, that is of Satin and an absolute lie!" thats what goes through my head and makes me go back to sin. The reason I also believed it, is because when I confessed in a retreat I could feel my heart burning and I wasn't facing the pastor. I chose to sit behind him to confess my sin. Once I confessed I wanted to cry but I held in my tears. Later after a few months I went to go confess again but it wasn't the same as before. Six months later I went again but I still felt nothing. I have confessed at home and I do feel the guilt in my sin but I keep listening to the father of lies as he tells me I'm not forgiven or I didn't really confess my sin.

You just made me realize that I've been listening to Satan and that's why I've been going back to sin. I want to make the choice to turn away from sin but I'm still lost on how I can make that choice myself. If you wouldn't mind praying for me RJ or anyone else out there reading this. Thanks.

Active

RJ

I have been praying for you from the beginning; may God bless your journey. The rest is up to you!

Active

RJ

I have been praying for you from the beginning; may God bless your journey. The rest is up to you!
I just want to emphasis Javier, that though there are any number of ways to recieve God's salvation, it is a "heart" thing; you either do it with all your heart or you don't. God is not in the buisness of making you do anything. He has laid it out on a silver platter. I have given you but one method that can help you achieve your goal but it is completely your free will choice.

Active

RJ

Thanks RJ you've been very helpful towards me and when you said, "Also, let " no man" say, because you did it yourself that it did not count, that is of Satin and an absolute lie!" thats what goes through my head and makes me go back to sin. The reason I also believed it, is because when I confessed in a retreat I could feel my heart burning and I wasn't facing the pastor. I chose to sit behind him to confess my sin. Once I confessed I wanted to cry but I held in my tears. Later after a few months I went to go confess again but it wasn't the same as before. Six months later I went again but I still felt nothing. I have confessed at home and I do feel the guilt in my sin but I keep listening to the father of lies as he tells me I'm not forgiven or I didn't really confess my sin.

You just made me realize that I've been listening to Satan and that's why I've been going back to sin. I want to make the choice to turn away from sin but I'm still lost on how I can make that choice myself. If you wouldn't mind praying for me RJ or anyone else out there reading this. Thanks.
I gave you sufficient tools to make it happen, the rest is up to you!!!

Thanks RJ I understand it's my choice to chose the right path! Thanks for the time and help on helping me with the guidance. I can only chose to make it happen or not and I want to make it happen!

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Javier Camacho

You've gotten a lot of support here already from our awesome moderators / members. I'd like to suggest listening to these these amazing daily podcast sermons from these godly, reputable men of GOD. 100% sound doctrine, always. I've been listening to them for 4 years + now and I can tell you I've been truly changed, edified and blessed because of the truth they preach. As Scripture says, faith comes by hearing. (Romans 10:17)

Charles Stanely // InTouch
David Jeremiah // Turning Point
Derek Prince

InTouch and Turning Point have free mobile apps. Derek Prince, podcasts. You can use any free podcast app to listen. Just search his name.

Javier, do you believe that God is everywhere and can hear you no matter where you are when you talk or pray to Him? If so, good. Talk and pray to Him like you believe that. You don't HAVE to go to a church building or a preacher's house to spend time with God, you can do it anywhere and at any time. I believe that the Lord wants us to seek out everything that we can about Him and His Word, so talk to Him just like you would anyone else ( with respect, I hope ) and don't be afraid to ask Him to teach you things or help you with things that you struggle with even on a daily basis. Read the Bible as much as you can and learn what you can from it. If you feel at first that you aren't really understanding everything you are reading don't worry ( most of us felt that in the beginning and still do at times ) keep reading and asking God to teach you. Completely depend on God for your teaching, not people ( I'm not suggesting that you NEVER talk to other people about God but make sure you verify what has been said by what you see in the scriptures; talk to God about it ); you don't have a problem believing that God can teach you how to understand His Words, do you? If you believe He is real you shouldn't have any problems believing He can open your mind to things, correct? The Bible tells us how to pray and what to pray for, how to behave toward other people, how to approach God, what to believe and not believe, so search it thoroughly and be persistent--I believe God likes to see it in us, when it comes to trying to learn all about Him and His righteousness.