Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

I'm New (Seeking Guidance)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Javier Camacho, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Thanks for the help and what part of the bible would you recommend for showing us how to pray and have a good relationship with Jesus/God?

2. I would advise you to start from the beginning. I use multiple bookmarks and read from different places sometimes though. I believe you should know the entire story and how it unfolded to make sense of things that you'll run into as you read. The New Testament frequently references the Old Testament so .... I've read the Bible from cover to cover more than five or six times, probably, and still feel like there is plenty for me to learn. Now that I am pretty familiar with the events and what order they happened in and all I jump around a lot. You'll see. The Bible is different from any other book you could ever read.

3. I think I have explained this.
    Your answer is the entire Bible but I would concentrate on the New Testament and reference / study the Old Testament when it is mentioned from the New Testament.
    But, of-course this won't be really meaningful until you have faith in and ask Jesus Christ to come into your life. It is Christ in you that teaches you how to really pray!

4. Okay thanks! I was just curious.

5. Yeah you did I was just curious what other people would say. Everyone has a different perspective, thanks anyways RJ.

6. Other people having different perspectives about God and Biblical things is often forgotten here, Javier, but it is like that everywhere you go. What would you call that, intolerance? Peace be unto you, Javier.

7. The fact remains Javier, all of this will be folly to you until you seek and receive Jesus Christ in you. Then you can have a relationship with him

8. greetings in the Lord Jesus, dear Javier.
    I encourage you, dear one, seek the Lord God from the heart. (FROM THE HEART).
    Stay in the New Testament for awhile. As you read the words in red (Jesus speaking), remember one is not separate from Him; but we are one in Him.
    Reading the Word begins a process called "renewing the mind by washing of water by the Word".
    Read the Word according to punctuation, who is speaking, who they are speaking to and how they are speaking to them.
    The New Testament is the new covenant; the old testament tells of coming of the Messiah; and sadly He was and is still rejected by His own people, even today. However, because His own people rejected Him, His grace is extended unto ALL the world. Amen.
    As we live, move and breath; we do so unto God. Amen.
    All praise, glory and honor be to God.

9. I don't know how much you already know about God, Jesus, and the Bible, Javier, but don't let anyone herd you like cattle into what they believe. You may already realize that the "Christian" world doesn't agree on hardly anything, even what it takes for salvation, but try not to let that discourage you. God is real. Read the Bible. Seek the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and you'll find Him and learn what to do and how to do it. Read the Bible; and don't just be a hearer of the Word, be a doer.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
    James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
    James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
    James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

10. as for my self you need to know the nature of the one youre youre comunicating with first and formost ! let me suggest JUDE to start so you get a good look at the majesty and glory of our Lord .take it to heart.GO to revelations and turn left .one book very short but to the point approch God as a loving father but in awe of the beauty you find when you do .....Rev

11. Thanks everyone for the kind help! I will keep on seeking the Lord.

Brad Huber likes this.
  12. :) I pray God gives you the faith that you seek!

13. faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Amen

14. My the Lord not only bless you in youre seekig of Him ,but may His blessings find you and overtake you ,may His face shine upon you and at the end of the day may you know the He is God ......Rev

rag4aCrown likes this.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)