• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

If the church is “Raptured” in this generation, what are the people left still, in the “Institutionalized church”, called?

Loyal
My friend a true Jew is one whose Heart is Circumcised . All of these come from the line of Abraham .

Not everyone from Abraham is a Jew.

Gen 17:23; Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.

Certainly not Ishmael or his descendants.

Also.. not everyone on the earth is a bilogical descendant of Abraham. Really it's only the Jews and Palestinians (Arab people).

In fact Abraham himself was not a Jew.
Technically the patriarch of the Jews is Jacob.

1 Kings 18:31; Elijah took twelve stones according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, to whom the word of the LORD had come, saying, "Israel shall be your name."

Acts 7:8; "And He gave him the covenant of circumcision; and so Abraham became the father of Isaac, and circumcised him on the eighth day; and Isaac became the father of Jacob, and Jacob of the twelve patriarchs.

There was no Israel before Jacob.

Gen 32:28; He said, "Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel; for you have striven with God and with men and have prevailed."

Loyal
@Bill -- it's the Timing of the rapture that's apparently in question.

The rapture Is definitely the dead in Christ rising first and then those of us alive will go up immediately after that. And it will be instantanious in nature. However -- there Does need to be time - in heaven- for the marriage supper of the lamb to take place. That is Part of what the 7 years are for. The Other reason is that the 144,000 Jews will be going out to the Jews who have been left here -- to evangelize them. All who are Then willing to listen and acknowledge Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah. And, yes, there will be those saved during the 7 yrs of tribulation. That is different than the many periods of / kinds of tribulation that people experience all the time.

Loyal
Yes those who have died during the tribulation and that the hand of the Antichrist those who have passed on before us that's why it says that those who are Left Alive.

At what point now are you struggling so much that you have to leave the planet there is no struggle for you nothing your life is not a danger your life isn't being threatened your living high off the hog so to speak. Your life isn't being threatened your house hasn't been taken away and yet in the lives of lot in the lives of Moses in the lives of all those who were removed protected if you will their lives their experiences were much more dramatic for traumatic then anything that you're experiencing at this point so why would God take you out of this what you have now he has a great escape anyways because in every scenario God doesn't create a great escape for any of them he goes from basically the people that left Egypt like in the time of Moses they want from the frying pan Into the Fire they look 40 years in the desert totally dependent on God to feed them to give them water completely dependent they had to hit the rock for water they had to wait for the crows or whatever to bring the food to them. If you're thinking that the people from Moses had a great escape I don't quite see it that way God did protect them God was with them but they also had to live their lives and go through it there was no running away to heaven there was no running away. It was right in front of them and they lived it and this is the same thing that has to get through your head you're not going to run away and go to heaven you might as well become a Jehovah Witness cuz they believe that stuff too and sodas are the ones that follow up Louis Farrakhan they also believe that they're going to have a great escape and leave the planet. But God doesn't work that way we live through it

I'm not looking for any 'great escape'.

The rapture doesn't get mentioned until the New Testament.

And, yes, God showed many times how he protected Daniel in the lions den and from the fiery furnace.

Wow Your last sentence the "the same thing that has to get through your head -- you're not going to run away and go to heaven -- might as well become a J.W. or whoever that other guy is"

And, no, I'm Not going to run away and leave this planet. Jesus Christ IS going to come in the air and take His people -- the Church - up and out of here.

There Are those who Want to stay here during those 7 yrs. -- they feel it would be a sort of merit badge. That Almost sounds like a bit of 'pride/ boastfulness'

I don't know --No one ones how much suffering 'we' will be enduring cause depending on where a person lives/ their personal set of circumstances -- there is lots of persecution taking place Now and has been for a Long time.

I'm glad you don't speak for God.

Loyal
You said in responce to ' what are the Christians called who are left behind . ' i think sue said lost , and you replied normal . I was just wondering what is normal . As the witnesses will be here with many other unsung heroes of faith. I guess we are the ones you will call normal . ... i like that, thank you

Again I did not say “NORMAL “!!!!! I said “Nominal”!!!!!!’ LOL!
Will someone please help me! To convey this.

Loyal
Yes, you Did say 'nominal' because I do remember making a comment about a person is either born again or they Aren't. The rest is up to spiritual growth taking place.

Loyal
Not everyone from Abraham is a Jew.

Gen 17:23; Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.

Certainly not Ishmael or his descendants.

Also.. not everyone on the earth is a bilogical descendant of Abraham. Really it's only the Jews and Palestinians (Arab people).

In fact Abraham himself was not a Jew.
Technically the patriarch of the Jews is Jacob.

1 Kings 18:31; Elijah took twelve stones according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, to whom the word of the LORD had come, saying, "Israel shall be your name."

Acts 7:8; "And He gave him the covenant of circumcision; and so Abraham became the father of Isaac, and circumcised him on the eighth day; and Isaac became the father of Jacob, and Jacob of the twelve patriarchs.

There was no Israel before Jacob.

Gen 32:28; He said, "Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel; for you have striven with God and with men and have prevailed."
My friend . You need to see as God sees ,
Again I did not say “NORMAL “!!!!! I said “Nominal”!!!!!!’ LOL!
Will someone please help me! To convey this.
Sorry . I didnt see the word clearly

Loyal
Yes, you Did say 'nominal' because I do remember making a comment about a person is either born again or they Aren't. The rest is up to spiritual growth taking place.
But you never added the last part . " spiritual growth taking place .

Loyal
Easter? Resurrection Sunday? Mmm, Hum ? If people really knew. Well I guess most “Christians” will not know until the “1000” Reign of Christ! When the people shall be taught by “God”. And I do not think there will be a celebration of Easter or a “Resurrection Sunday” for sure. I do not think Christ will teach or worship in such a matter.

Staff Member
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Corinthians 2:1-3

Loyal
Easter? Resurrection Sunday? Mmm, Hum ? If people really knew. Well I guess most “Christians” will not know until the “1000” Reign of Christ! When the people shall be taught by “God”. And I do not think there will be a celebration of Easter or a “Resurrection Sunday” for sure. I do not think Christ will teach or worship in such a matter.

What are 'we' Supposed to be really knowing about the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Loyal
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Corinthians 2:1-3

1 Cor 15:12; Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1 Cor 15:13; But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;
1 Cor 15:14; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.
1 Cor 15:15; Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised.
1 Cor 15:16; For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised;
1 Cor 15:17; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.
1 Cor 15:18; Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

Matt 28:1; Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.
Matt 28:5; The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.
Matt 28:6; "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.
Matt 28:7; "Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you."

Loyal
We are to “proclaim” the “Gospel of Jesus Christ” everyday, by our “Lord” our Master and we obey. Well I guess that could be kinda confusing to some Christians. Because many, have not or know or have been taught what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. But has been presenting “There own “gospel” of “The Gospel of Jesus Christ”. And so the “True Gospel of Jesus” has been “Adulterated”. Remember a “little leaven, pollutes the whole lump”. Amen.

Loyal
wonder what this is referring to ?

Revelation 3:10
Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

Loyal
Well DAVID, who was John writing to at that moment, and we must also remember at that time of writing the term “the whole world” meant the “ Roman Empire” to the listeners. Not meaning also conducive for another generation.

Loyal
@PloughBoy

Regarding your comment of 'the whole world' above meaning 'the Roman Empire'.

Putting aside the situation with John in Revelation for a minute and looking at the Gospels, Jesus always referred to souls on earth as either, belonging to Father, Son and Holy Spirit, OR, belonging to sin, 'the world' and the devil.

God created the Heavens and the Earth. (Jesus was there in the beginning).

Jesus refers to the world as the none believers whose father is the devil.

I welcome your comment brother

Loyal
Rev 3:7; "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this:
Rev 3:8; 'I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
Rev 3:9; 'Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you.
Rev 3:10; 'Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Chapter 2 and 3 of Revelation were written to the church. (7 churches) Now whether it was simply the churches of that time, or includes all churches up until Jesus
returns could be debated.

Rev 1:19; "Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.
Rev 1:20; "As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

It seems Jesus is saying here... "the things which are" - possibly the time which this was written... and the "the things which will take place after these things" - possibly the future, or end times.