• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I want to intervene for one person already in hell.

You know how Moses intervened for the people of Egypt many times “convincing God to not kill them?” Or when Jesus wanted to come down and sacrifice himself for all of humanity? I want to intervene for one person in hell and take their place so that they can be in heaven for what Jesus did for me and throw my gift away to someone in hell and take their place. Someone is probably going to say “do not throw your treasures to the swine” like Jesus said. Everyone looks out for their own salvation. What if it’s possible? Could we? How can i be sure that i can pray to be sent to hell in the place of one person in hell. With the way God takes “intervening.” Would I be able to save someone? Am I that valuable to God? Just like his love for Moses when Moses said not to kill those people that were worshiping that golden calf? I want to sacrifice my salvation for someone in hell and it doesn’t matter who. Is this possible?

First, Moses intervened for the people of Israel not Egyptians. Second, no. You are just a human like all of the rest of us. It makes no difference what you or any of the rest of us does. Jesus will have mercy on those given Him before the foundation of the world and not one of us mere humans is not in need of mercy before Him. If you die you will be just another dead human like the other humans who have died since the sixth day unto those that will today, such as George HW Bush. Those of us who have not studied and sought the One: God/Jesus, do not understand how much He wants us to that we may have fellowship with Him like Adam had in the garden when they walked in the cool of the evening. Those of us who have come to learn of and know Him, He will keep while we are alive that we may tell others: Man, y'all ought to know that guy. Whether we live or die we are all in God's hands not in any mere humans hands be they yours, mine, Mr Bush's, Trump's, or any other's. God does not want us to die, Jesus died that we might really live and I am not just talking about a little lifetime on this little pebble in space/universe.

Administrator
Staff Member
This has nothing to do with the "Feedback" forum category you posted in, so I moved it to bible chat instead where it fits @imsoconfused

Loyal
You know how Moses intervened for the people of Egypt many times “convincing God to not kill them?” Or when Jesus wanted to come down and sacrifice himself for all of humanity? I want to intervene for one person in hell and take their place so that they can be in heaven for what Jesus did for me and throw my gift away to someone in hell and take their place. Someone is probably going to say “do not throw your treasures to the swine” like Jesus said. Everyone looks out for their own salvation. What if it’s possible? Could we? How can i be sure that i can pray to be sent to hell in the place of one person in hell. With the way God takes “intervening.” Would I be able to save someone? Am I that valuable to God? Just like his love for Moses when Moses said not to kill those people that were worshiping that golden calf? I want to sacrifice my salvation for someone in hell and it doesn’t matter who. Is this possible?
If a person is in hell, don't waste your time or efforts on their behalf..They're gone and won't be back...Jesus died for their salvation and they threw it away...You cannot do as you desire. Just make sure that Jesus' gift of salvation to YOU is not wasted. Why not invest your life spreading the gospel instead?

Loyal
@imsoconfused -- Jesus Christ is the Only One who could die on the cross for the sins of mankind. That was His 'job'.

Everyone on this earth -- including you -- is only human. No one can die in another person's place for their salvation.

Bendito,
re: "...Jesus died for their salvation and they threw it away..."

How do you know that? Since beliefs cannot be consciously engendered, maybe they were just not able to meet the requirement of belief.

Loyal
Bendito,
re: "...Jesus died for their salvation and they threw it away..."

How do you know that? Since beliefs cannot be consciously engendered, maybe they were just not able to meet the requirement of belief.
You decide what you will believe and what you will not believe. You decide.

Bendito,
re: "You decide what you will believe and what you will not believe."

Are you implying that you have the ability to consciously choose to believe things?

Administrator
Staff Member
Are you implying that you have the ability to consciously choose to believe things?

Of course! It’s called free will.

“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans‬ ‭10:9‬ ‭

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭

Loyal
We WILL to believe. We will to commit ourselves to the fact.

CJB
“He saved others, but he can’t save himself!” “So he’s King of Isra’el, is he? Let him come down now from the stake! Then we will believe him!”

2 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV)

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

To believe is to commit ones self to something.

John 17:21 (CJB)
20 “I pray not only for these, but also for those who will trust in me because of their word, 21 that they may all be one. Just as you, Father, are united with me and I with you, I pray that they may be united with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me.

Bendito,
re: "... I'm not implying. I'm stating."
Chad,
re: "Of course!"

Perhaps you can help me, then. I have never been able to consciously CHOOSE any of the beliefs that I have and I would like to be able to do that. Since you say that you can consciously CHOOSE to believe things I wonder if you might explain how you do it. What do you do at the last moment to instantly change your one state of belief to another? What is it that you do that would allow you to say, "OK, at this moment I have a lack of belief that ‘x’ exists or is true, but I CHOOSE to believe that ‘x’ exists or is true and now instantly at this new moment I do believe that ‘x’ exists or is true?

Maybe you could use something like leprechauns to demonstrate your technique. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, a leprechaun is "a fairy peculiar to Ireland, who appeared in the form of an old man of minute stature, wearing a cocked hat and a leather apron" and who stores away his gold in a pot at the end of a rainbow, and If ever captured has to grant three wishes to the person who captures him.

So, assuming that you don’t already have a belief in them, how about right now, while you are reading this, CHOOSE to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that they exist. Now that you believe in leprechauns, my question is, how did you do it? How did you make the instantaneous transition from lack of belief to belief?

Loyal
Bendito,
Chad,

Perhaps you can help me, then. I have never been able to consciously CHOOSE any of the beliefs that I have and I would like to be able to do that. Since you say that you can consciously CHOOSE to believe things I wonder if you might explain how you do it. What do you do at the last moment to instantly change your one state of belief to another? What is it that you do that would allow you to say, "OK, at this moment I have a lack of belief that ‘x’ exists or is true, but I CHOOSE to believe that ‘x’ exists or is true and now instantly at this new moment I do believe that ‘x’ exists or is true?

Maybe you could use something like leprechauns to demonstrate your technique. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, a leprechaun is "a fairy peculiar to Ireland, who appeared in the form of an old man of minute stature, wearing a cocked hat and a leather apron" and who stores away his gold in a pot at the end of a rainbow, and If ever captured has to grant three wishes to the person who captures him.

So, assuming that you don’t already have a belief in them, how about right now, while you are reading this, CHOOSE to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that they exist. Now that you believe in leprechauns, my question is, how did you do it? How did you make the instantaneous transition from lack of belief to belief?
ROFL As a matter of fact I know that leprechauns do exist. Why did I choose to believe that? Because the weight of evidence is convincing. I've been researching nephilim, cryptids and such for years and they do exist. A leprechaun is a nephilim creature. Not a demon but a nephilim.
How did I choose to believe? I made a decision that leprechauns are real based on the evidence. How do I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and is God? I chose based on evidence. How do I believe that you are still seeking how one believes? Evidence. Your questions provide the evidence to convince me that you are looking to learn how to believe. Its not complicated....Review the evidence, and make an educated decision.

Of course, if your canon of the Bible includes the Second Book of Maccabees, you could claim that there is scriptural warrant for such an idea. You might, at a pinch, be able to say that Tobit supports it as well, but that might be stretching things a bit.

Active
I am sorry to hear about this person you believe has gone to hell.

Unfortunately you cannot take their place. You cannot change who that person is. Let's say you did take their place. Now a devil is in heaven and a saint in hell. God does not make mistakes. He does not graft a devil into heaven and He does not send a saint to hell.

What makes you believe this person is in hell?

Moses believed the Israelites would repent and make amends with God. God did not believe it. Moses was proven wrong. He just bought them some time.

Active
Bendito,
Chad,

I don't feel you understand Christian belief.

Christian belief is given to us by God. Rom 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

One can only call / speak of Jesus as Lord if the Holy Spirit has revealed Him as Lord, to us. 1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Consider even Peter. The only disciple to walk on water. Yet even he needed a revelation of who Jesus was Matt 16:16-17 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

Christian faith is faith in Jesus being Lord. In Jesus being our Savior who was resurrected from death.

God is impartial in whom He gives this faith to. Acts 10:34 Of a truth I perceive, God is no respecter of person.

He wills that all be saved 1 Tim 2:4.

Bendito,
re: "As a matter of fact I know that leprechauns do exist."

Since you already believed that leprechauns exist, they were not appropriate for a real-time demonstration of your ability.

Not every franchise of Christianity takes the view that anyone at all is in hell at the moment. A fair number are of the belief that the dead are currently just that, dead. They look to a future resurrection in which their eternal destiny will be declared following a final judgement, but they teach that this has not happened yet.

Staff Member

Hello Imsoconfused,
First why sacrifice your salvation for another who is in Hell when you can stop others from ever going there?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

I love the sentiment that you are displaying in your love for the lost, but our Lord died for you too! He loves you as much as He loved those who would not hear.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><