• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I nearly died

I nearly died October 10th 2017 yet I fear dying. Can anyone relieve these thoughts or point to me scripture to allay my fears or just have a chat.

Active
I think it is natural to fear dying. Pain, accident, the unknown, leaving our friends behind, etc. Many reasons we may fear.

But if we are a child of God we can be assured of our salvation and even tho we may have a natural fear yet we look forward to greater things to come.

“For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.” (2 Corinthians 5:4)

“Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.” (Romans 8:23)

Read Hebrew 2 with emphasis on verse 15. When Adam sinned he died spiritually and all those after him too (Read Romans 5) but in Christ we are made alive. Through Adams sin all died? How can that be? It is not only the physical death that we would suffer, but a spiritual death too. All those in the firsdt Adam are spiritually dead and can only be made alive in the last Adam Jesus Christ. It is a separation from God because of sin. In Christ we are justified before God because of faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, (Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. ) Jesus became a curse for us the perfect for the imperfect. He paid the price for us all because we could not. God demands a perfect substitute, in this case Jesus Christ. In John 1:1-4 we se the Word and in John 1:14 the Word became flesh. Col 1:9 ...He was was the fulness of the Godhead in bodily form, God became a man and died on the cross in our stead. All who trust in this perfect sacrifice would not suffer eternal death (eternal separation from God) but will be reconciled to God and therefore have eternal life (John 3:16). Fear has to do with judgement but as can be seen in Hebrews 2:15 Jesus overcame that for us (Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. ) John 19:30 ... Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. We cannot please God with our good works, He wants an repentatnt heart seeking His righteousness which can only be found in Jesus Christ.

Seeing as all replies are made by we the living it is impossible to determine how we will react at the time of our departure.

Being beyond my threescore and ten going on five years I have endured a multitude of fears. Yes, including death. The things I witness here are my attempt to tell you that God will stand faithful to his word and his love for you and you are turning your back on his complete provision. Not knowing you I must assume that you are first of all saved, born again and also baptized in his wonderful Holy Spirit. If you lack these then you must seek both. Amen.

Fear has torment indeed. I walked into a hospital emergency ward where my beautiful 15 year old daughter lie dead on a gurney. This was shock not fear yet I feared living without her for the rest of my days. I'd never see her graduate, go to college or get to walk her down the aisle at her future marriage. But she was saved, baptized in the Holy Spirit and I know where she is and nothing evil can ever touch her again.

Real life and it's afflictions, trials, hardships, sorrows, disappointments, failures, sicknesses and deaths of loved ones is far greater than dying. As one said "dying is easy, it's living that's hard".

Brother John says there is no fear in love but perfect love casts out all fear. He that fears has not been perfected in love. Most of us have not been perfected in love. Fears of all kinds of things come against us and we throw ourselves at the feet of Jesus crying "Lord save me"!

Satan knows each of us very well. Not as well as our living savior and heavenly Father though, God be praised. But he knows where to hit you, what things you fear most and sends firey darts in those areas.

As brother Paul wrote, be sober, vigilant, aware, alert, on guard for our adversary goes about AS a roaring lion seeking WHOM he may devour. Once many years ago the Holy Spirit gave me short but insightful dream. In this, dream I was watching tall, blondish sage grass. Out from me twenty yards or so there was movement. Lying in that tall sage grass was a large male lion. He was facing me with his mouth partially open, eyes intensely staring at my every move. As cats habitually do, his tail was lazily switching back and forth. He was awaiting opportunity to attack. He will seize every opportunity to kill or to steal or to destroy.

Fear is a spirit and does not proceed from God for God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind.

If we are saved and filled, baptized with the Holy Spirit, then we have the anointing we need to fend off fears. Of course, we must continually stay built up by prayer in the spirit, prayer with the understanding, praise, worship and study of the Scriptures.

We will then have the anointing, the faith to shake off fear just as Paul shook the viper that struck him back into the fire.

Sudden fear is one of the adversary's tools that is used quite often as stated in the word:

Proverbs 3:25 KJVS
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.

When I was first saved, over forty years ago, I knew nothing of God. Jesus came for me outside of any church or denomination. No man came, only the Holy Spirit. He made me into a new creation and I had to read the Bible to find out what had happened to me. Then Jesus later baptized me in the Holy Spirit and again, like those in Thessonolica, had to search the Bible to see what had happened to me.

Acts 17:11 KJVS
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I had been having terrible chest pains. I didn't know that the adversary, I'll limit the use of his name here, was the one speaking to the great fears that came upon me in the wee hours of the morning. My heart would throb and ache as I lay in bed while fearing death. Heart pains at 3am can be scary. Very scary.

But at a church service one night a prophet asked two men who had been having heart trouble to come forward for healing. Me and an older friend came forward and were anointed and prayed for. Pains still came the next day as I climbed stairs at work. I ran up those stairs telling the liar that I was healed by the stripes of Jesus and was covered with his blood and his anointing and if he could get through that he had my permission to kill me. He did not take the offer. Faith chooses God's words over the liar's lies.

That was over 40 years, ago and I'm still alive. There have been many assaults in that time but faith must stand strong. Who do you believe?

I went to the emergency room Christmas eve at five am: not being able to breathe well. I was admitted after CT scans detected stuff in my lungs which I believe is pneumonia. One doctor said it was cancer, lymphoma and seem surprised watching my face when I didn't break into tears. It was if she hoped for a breakdown. But I had PERFECT PEACE. I went home Christmas day afternoon. This was a faith fight as it's frightening when you can't breathe and your breaths sound raspy and bubbly.

There have been other attacks since then but fighting the good fight of faith I fix my eyes on Jesus and his eternal word.

You must not yield to a spirit of fear. If you do it can come to rule over you. Your life won't be abundant at all. You will be robbed.

Though you have been afflicted you must not allow fear to become a master.

You must, as our old time pastor urged us, "RUN TOWARD THE ROAR"!

I was 33 when Jesus came for me. God said he wanted Jesus to begin living in me at the same age his life was sacrificed for all of ours.

I was fearful of many many things after being born again and had no church, no teacher to help me. I was very afraid of the dark as a child and as a man and had panic (spirit of fear in action) attacks. My family wasn't Christian so no help came from them. Some other family members delved into familiar spirits and that cursed thing was visited upon me. They were ignorant of spiritual things. God's people perish for lack of knowlege.

One night while praying outside, the Holy Spirit said "river bottom" as we live on a small mountain above a stream. I was horrified at the notion but in obedience began to walk the descending trail down to the dark forested River bottom.

As I walked I could "feel", discern, fear coming against me from a certain direction like a spiritual wind. As it did I would walk toward it rebuking fear in Jesus name. Every devil shudders at the mention of JESUS!

Every time I discerned the wind of fear I would walk directly toward it using Jesus name, blood and commanding it to BE gone. I stood there under those tall dark trees until no fears came from any direction. I walked back up the ridge to a place 100 feet above the river and looked out over the mountains. As I did the Lord spoke "son all of this is mine and it's all yours and you have nothing to fear".

You must not allow fear to dominate you but let the balm of his perfect love permeate every part of your being. Fear will not have a place to attach itself if you remain with your eyes fixed on him. The word, the blood, the cross, the anointing of the Holy Spirit will flush the false lion from the tall grass and send him away.

I pray you do what is required to not allow your life to be lived in fear which is not God's will for you. Amen

And I believe that I also have the spirit of God within me.

Thankyou all for such encouraging words and scripture.
It takes me sometime to formulate responses. I will post
reply . Nearly finished.

Bless You.

Sorry not been here for a while. Reading scripture and prayerfully seeking
some resolution to my question.

Loyal
I nearly died October 10th 2017 yet I fear dying. Can anyone relieve these thoughts or point to me scripture to allay my fears or just have a chat.
2 Timothy 1:7 [Full Chapter]

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

You almost died? How many times? Almost means YOU DID NOT DIE. For me, I love to live on the edge. I've almost died many many times in my life....That's what life on this planet is..Edge. But you...God has not given you a spirit of fear. He has given you His authority, powered by His Love and He has given you a sound mind.....a mind freed from all fear. So my friend. You choose today. Will you live sound or will you exist in fear? Gods Word is His bond.

Staff Member

Greetings @fallen

It is good to see you back here at Talk Jesus.

The devil is a sneaky thief of peace and joy who will whisper fear and confusion.
And we have all been there at times....caught up in consuming fear

But brother you are a saved child of the King and His peace is yours.

Look at this wonderful Bible verse......an unfailing truth.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood,
He also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage

Hebrews 2:14-15

And brother......after death what?

So shall we ever be with the Lord
1 Thessalonians 4:17

Hallelujah........No need to fear.....just rejoice!

So when my latest breath
Breaks through the veil of pain
By death I shall escape from death
And life eternal gain
That resurrection word
That shout of victory
Once more, "FOREVER WITH THE LORD!
AMEN! SO LET IT BE!"*

* From hymn Forever with the Lord - Montgomery

Thankyou for your wisdom and shedding some light on
my original post.

A Christian brother and i have just began a study on fear and its
different forms.

[Php 1:21] For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Today this verse turned a light globe on for me.
it was one of those moments the Word hit home.

Blessings.

Loyal
Thankyou for your wisdom and shedding some light on
my original post.

A Christian brother and i have just began a study on fear and its
different forms.

[Php 1:21] For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Today this verse turned a light globe on for me.
it was one of those moments the Word hit home.

Blessings.

Great news

I'm Intrigued and want to know more. What was it in this verse that made the difference for you?

Hekuran said:
I'm Intrigued and want to know more. What was it in this verse that made the difference for you?

My Christian brother and I normally have a bible study each week whether it be at home or at a café. Our goal is to lift each other up and share our week, then we look at the Word of God.

The Apostle Paul says to the Philippians

[Php 1:21]
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. [NKJV]

[Php 1:21] Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose. [MSG]

Whilst we were reading the Word I felt the Lord was showing me the meaning of that verse. ; I felt so alive and vibrant in that moment of time. What I am trying to convey reading [Php 1:21] which quickened in my spirit is when I die I will meet Jesus in person and that is exciting. I do look forward to heaven; yet I feel I have so much more to give in this life though.

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
Heb 2:15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

I never saw that I was in bondage to fear. It never occurred to me that I might be. I find the 'Message Paraphrase' answer to [Php 1:21] more simple than the NJKV for me to understand. I have not done a study like this for some time. I feel muddled most of the time; that is why it has taken so long to finish this.

I remember when I was in hospital last year I did not fear death. I knew I was unwell though I did have peace. This year I dwelt what may have happened had I not lived. More so I was thinking about who I would leave behind. That is the reason I believe fear caught me off guard.
Satan always tries to get people at their weakest.

In [1John 4:18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Fear and bondage is of the devil. Jesus says in [Mark 3:27] No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then plunder his house.
The strong man is of the devil. To bind him first we reclaim what the devil stole through Jesus Christ what is rightfully given by God to choose life not death [Deut 30:19].

Finally. [Psa 23:4] Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me.

Hope this all makes sense and not confuse you. This is the most I can do.

Bless you.

@Fragrant Grace
You are not fallen but lifted up and victorious in our Lord.

Amen to that. Thankyou. My username fallen seems irrelevant to how I live now, knowing I am free and not fallen.
I will breakdown my name in the testimony section and maybe shed some light why I used fallen.