• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How Was Paul As Saul Called to be Saved?

Active
Saving grace is saving grace!
But is it a grace for those who continue in wilful sin?

The answer is yes:
But it goes buy a different name: “The FATHERS. “WHIP”!:p

You should know that by now!

“The Whip of Correction:p

He whips every son,, Severely whom He receives! So they will not be “Condemn with the world”!:eyes:

If GOD have Not Laid The correction whip on you, you are not One of His sons.
But you might be a Christian.
The disciplining by God the Father is to make a child repent of something they are doing that is sin.
There are many who believe in God and Jesus and still go on in their sin and never repented to get saved and don't repent after they are saved.

Loyal
The disciplining by God the Father is to make a child repent of something they are doing that is sin.
There are many who believe in God and Jesus and still go on in their sin and never repented to get saved and don't repent after they are saved.
I am not referring to a unconverted nominal Christian.

When GOD the FATHER “SCROUGES” a “Son” not meaning punishing a son, But “SCROUGES” one of HIS “Sons” who is not a “child” anymore. But but has grown up To be a “Son” on planet earth!

When The FATHER start “SCROUGES” him, the Devil and all the demons of hell start crying! And getting out of THE WAY”!!!:eyes:

If you haven’t never been there!! You have “NO Idea, what I am talking about!! NOR, can You “IMAGINE” what GOD can do to you!!! To make Sure, you “ain’t” going to be “Condemn with The WORLD!:worried:

You see, these words are nothing but simple words to you recorded in a “Book”:worried: but The “ELECT of GOD”has a complete different meaning!

“It Is “Terrible thing” to Fall into The Hands of Angry GOD”!

You see when I Grew up, when we Raided a apple tree, and the police caught us, we beg them to take us to “Jail”!! Please do not take me home!! Please, my daddy, my mama:worried:

“Mister Police man, crying don’t take me home! They would take you Home! And listen, while daddy or mama, tore your behind up! You be Hollering help, you be calling on “Jesus” help me LORD! My brother called on “Jesus” one day!:joy: He look at me, for help, and I saw it in his eyes, he knew I could not help him! He grab my mother by her leg, and he Screamed out, MaMa, I Love You! She Screamed back: “I Love Too! And That is WHY, I’M Tearing Your “as” Up! And he Reverted, and he called on “The LORD” from his soul! “STOP” my mother in her “Tracks”! And he was bad, my brother was bad, He been pastoring now, way over 20 years!:eyes:

That whip is something else, it all depends on who swinging That Whip!

You see the devil, he do things just to harm you a little!

But if GOD is your “FATHER” when He start cracking That Whip, you ain’t going to run from “GOD” you are grap HIM by The LEG and get Closer!o_O Can’t No Body, stay His hand!

“Man made Talk, is cheap, compared to “The WHIP”:eyes:

That is The Different between a “Christian” and a “True Child of The Living GOD”!:eyes:

A Father’s Discipline

4You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; 5and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,
“MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;

6FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
AND :eyes: HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”

7It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with SONS; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8BUT IF you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.:eyes:

NASB 1977
But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord in order that we may not be condemned along with the world.

Yep, you right a lot of Christian’s get by with a lot of stuff, they quote scripture like a champ, “ now there is no condemnation to those in Christ”. Meaning GOD don’t whip them! He loves them :eyes: They always say: “Remember the woman at The wall go sin no more!

I wonder did she sin anymore:eyes:

A scourge is a whip or lash, especially a multi-thong type, used to inflict severe corporal punishment or self-mortification.

Last edited:
Loyal
NASB 1977
Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him.

A scourge is a whip or lash, especially a multi-thong type, used to inflict severe corporal punishment or self-mortification.

Loyal
When I was going to grammar school. After summer and beginning the fall Semester. The teachers when they get their fall supplies. Included was a big long paddle, Stamp in large letters entitled: “The Broad of Education”

Now, the “Male Assistant principal or The Male Gym teachers “6’5”, shoes size 14, when they Swung that paddle, after they had you been over, the dirt would come out of your pants in clouds!
If you was bad that paddle swung by the right person made you a puppy :eyes: !

Loyal
Gal 1:15; But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased
Gal 1:16; to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood,
Gal 1:17; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus.
Gal 1:18; Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days.

Verse 15 here is sometimes used to support pre-destination.
In any case, Paul says he didn't go meet the previous disciples immediately, but was in Damascus (possibly Arabia too) for 3 years.
When we read the account is Acts 9...

Acts 9:26; When he came to Jerusalem, he was trying to associate with the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he was a disciple.
Acts 9:27; But Barnabas took hold of him and brought him to the apostles and described to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had talked to him, and how at Damascus he had spoken out boldly in the name of Jesus.

It sounds like maybe it was a few days after he was at Ananias's house. But when I read Galatians 1. It seems like it was at least 3 years between Acts 9:18; and Acts 9:26;.
It we add Galatians 2 in the mix, then it was at least 14 years later.

Gal 2:1; Then after an interval of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along also.

(This may coincide with the time frame in 2nd Corinthians.)

2Cor 12:2; I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven.
2Cor 12:3; And I know how such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows—
2Cor 12:4; was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.
“I knew a man about 14 years ago”. I do believe that Paul was referring to his own self”

Loyal
“I knew a man about 14 years ago”. I do believe that Paul was referring to his own self”

So do I. That means that all the people that received the baptism of the Holy Spirit after Acts 9, received at least 14 years after Paul was converted, and at least 17 years after Jesus
ascended back to Heaven.

It further means, not everyone received the Baptism of the Holy at the initial moment of belief, even after Jesus was ascended.

Active
So do I. That means that all the people that received the baptism of the Holy Spirit after Acts 9, received at least 14 years after Paul was converted, and at least 17 years after Jesus
ascended back to Heaven.

It further means, not everyone received the Baptism of the Holy at the initial moment of belief, even after Jesus was ascended.
Jesus told Nicodemus when the born of the Spirit event was to happen which was after His ascension which was after His crucifixion for whenever any one believes in Jesus Christ.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If potential believers did not receive the Holy Ghost yet, it is because they were not coming to & believing in Jesus Christ not quite yet. They may believe the things regarding the kingdom of heaven and the name of Jesus Christ, but if they were following let's say Philip out of fanfare because they wanted to see the miracles seemingly coming from him, as opposed to the infamy of Simon the sorcerer of the area, is it any wonder why the mentality of Simon was the same as the people in thinking Philip was doing all of these miracles and even Peter & John rather than Jesus Christ the Saviour?

Discernment is needed and using Acts for doubting we had received the Spirit of promise by faith in Jesus Christ is opposing the epistles as written to the N.T. Churches & our faith in Jesus Christ.

Those who seek to receive the holy Spirit by a sign as proof of salvation or whatever, should remember these words from Jesus Christ.

Matthew 12:
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

That means God did not give the Holy Spirit at the time they had sought Him by a sign, and if they had believed in Jesus Christ before that time, then they already had the Holy Spirit in them as promised by faith in Jesus Christ.

Remember John 3:8? If outward signs were signaling when one was born again of the Spirit, then ever seeker and those around him or her would know for when one is born again of the Spirit, but this is not so. The only reason it is not always known is because the moment they believe in Jesus Christ, they are born again of the Spirit at Pentecost and beyond for all other new believers in Jesus Christ.

Active
When Paul used to be known as Saul, the persecutors of Christians, and he was on his way on the road to Damascus to arrest more Christians, what had happened while on that road still being an evil ungodly murderer?

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Do read the very account in Acts and point out where Ananias was to call Saul to repent from all sins before he could come to & believe in Jesus Christ. Ananias never challenged Saul to prove he had repented from killing Christians.

Acts 9:1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. 8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. 11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, 12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: 14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. 15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. 18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. 19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. 20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Can you see the call to repent from any sins here? All I see is a hearty rebuke from the Lord Jesus Christ for not believing in Him and it is by the grace of God that Saul was led to believe in Him to be saved..
Repentance is a work of God .It involves two turnings .First he tuned Saul giving him ears to hear the gospel of Christ not seen and then after being turned he sent Paul to Ananias; as a testimony .

With ones mouth one can confess being yoked with Christ to the glory of God .

The law of repentance. . Jerimiah 31

Active
Repentance is a work of God .It involves two turnings .First he tuned Saul giving him ears to hear the gospel of Christ not seen and then after being turned he sent Paul to Ananias; as a testimony .
More like God sent Ananias to Paul.

I should point out that before this revelation of Jesus Christ, Paul as Saul was not repenting from all sins when he was on the road to Damascus to arrest more Christians. Saul believed he was doing God's will and was not seeking God at all for him to be seen as seeking God.
With ones mouth one can confess being yoked with Christ to the glory of God .

The law of repentance. . Jerimiah 31 .
You will have to cite the specific verses in Jeremiah 31 for me to see your point there brother. Where is the law of repentance and why would that O.T. reference apply to the New Covenant? Is it a prophesy?

Loyal
More like God sent Ananias to Paul.

I should point out that before this revelation of Jesus Christ, Paul as Saul was not repenting from all sins when he was on the road to Damascus to arrest more Christians. Saul believed he was doing God's will and was not seeking God at all for him to be seen as seeking God.

You will have to cite the specific verses in Jeremiah 31 for me to see your point there brother. Where is the law of repentance and why would that O.T. reference apply to the New Covenant?

Wrong thread, error by system. Has been deleted
My post not yours

Active
When I was going to grammar school. After summer and beginning the fall Semester. The teachers when they get their fall supplies. Included was a big long paddle, Stamp in large letters entitled: “The Broad of Education”

Now, the “Male Assistant principal or The Male Gym teachers “6’5”, shoes size 14, when they Swung that paddle, after they had you been over, the dirt would come out of your pants in clouds!
If you was bad that paddle swung by the right person made you a puppy :eyes: !
:laughing::laughing: cleaning your pants at no extra charge!

Active
I am not referring to a unconverted nominal Christian.

When GOD the FATHER “SCROUGES” a “Son” not meaning punishing a son, But “SCROUGES” one of HIS “Sons” who is not a “child” anymore. But but has grown up To be a “Son” on planet earth!

When The FATHER start “SCROUGES” him, the Devil and all the demons of hell start crying! And getting out of THE WAY”!!!:eyes:

If you haven’t never been there!! You have “NO Idea, what I am talking about!! NOR, can You “IMAGINE” what GOD can do to you!!! To make Sure, you “ain’t” going to be “Condemn with The WORLD!:worried:

You see, these words are nothing but simple words to you recorded in a “Book”:worried: but The “ELECT of GOD”has a complete different meaning!

“It Is “Terrible thing” to Fall into The Hands of Angry GOD”!

You see when I Grew up, when we Raided a apple tree, and the police caught us, we beg them to take us to “Jail”!! Please do not take me home!! Please, my daddy, my mama:worried:

“Mister Police man, crying don’t take me home! They would take you Home! And listen, while daddy or mama, tore your behind up! You be Hollering help, you be calling on “Jesus” help me LORD! My brother called on “Jesus” one day!:joy: He look at me, for help, and I saw it in his eyes, he knew I could not help him! He grab my mother by her leg, and he Screamed out, MaMa, I Love You! She Screamed back: “I Love Too! And That is WHY, I’M Tearing Your “as” Up! And he Reverted, and he called on “The LORD” from his soul! “STOP” my mother in her “Tracks”! And he was bad, my brother was bad, He been pastoring now, way over 20 years!:eyes:

That whip is something else, it all depends on who swinging That Whip!

You see the devil, he do things just to harm you a little!

But if GOD is your “FATHER” when He start cracking That Whip, you ain’t going to run from “GOD” you are grap HIM by The LEG and get Closer!o_O Can’t No Body, stay His hand!

“Man made Talk, is cheap, compared to “The WHIP”:eyes:

That is The Different between a “Christian” and a “True Child of The Living GOD”!:eyes:

A Father’s Discipline

4You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; 5and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,
“MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;

6FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
AND :eyes: HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”

7It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with SONS; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8BUT IF you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.:eyes:

NASB 1977
But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord in order that we may not be condemned along with the world.

Yep, you right a lot of Christian’s get by with a lot of stuff, they quote scripture like a champ, “ now there is no condemnation to those in Christ”. Meaning GOD don’t whip them! He loves them :eyes: They always say: “Remember the woman at The wall go sin no more!

I wonder did she sin anymore:eyes:

I was caught stealing two 2 liters of pop from Jack and Jill grocery store...the manager had me sit in his office and just wait - that was easy...I was waiting for Mom to came to take me home. When I got home the pants dropped and the belt came out buckle side and I was pleading crying maybe making fake tears until the belt made contact then real tears loll...

Loyal
I was caught stealing two 2 liters of pop from Jack and Jill grocery store...the manager had me sit in his office and just wait - that was easy...I was waiting for Mom to came to take me home. When I got home the pants dropped and the belt came out buckle side and I was pleading crying maybe making fake tears until the belt made contact then real tears loll...
I know, :eyes:
People and kids do not fear nothing today, they don’t fear parents, they don’t fear death, and they sure “Do Not Fear “The ALMIGHTY GOD” for they will “Kill you and Think nothing about it” the only thing they fear is not being able to play “Their “PlayStation”!

And The Church and the world has taught them not To “Fear” “The “GOD ALMIGHTY”! And there Absolutely No “ETERNAL Consequences” for their actions!

And this type of Teaching has no revert to it!

“Train up a child in a way it should go and That Child will Not “Depart” from it”!

And Scripture cannot be broken”

And let man be a liar and The Word of GOD be True.

Loyal
Mankind says: Saul was called.

But “GOD” Said:

American Standard Version
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings, and the children of Israel:”

But mankind will always flip The Script of GOD! And most of the time he will tell you, what “GOD” is Trying to Say to You who are The “ELECT of GOD” Or What “GOD” meant after “GOD” has Said it to You! :eyes:

Active
The point Paul was making is that he was saved and chosen by Jesus himself and not by the other Apostles, because an Apostle is one taught by Jesus and had no prior training and teaching from another.
Barnabas was an apostle.

Active
Anyway, regardless what Paul is to Saul per a different language or a surname like Peter was to Simon, ...

....no one can say Paul repented from all sins nor did Ananias had asked him if he has repented from killing Christians before laying hands on "Saul" when God had restored his sight & when God had given him the Holy Ghost.

Noticed that? It is by believing in Jesus Christ is how we are saved.

Active
How can one say, "Oh I BELIEVE in Jesus Christ" without having repented?

How can one say, "Oh I BELIEVE in Jesus Christ" without having obeyed his command to Repent?

The problem here is.. does Jesus believe sinners are capable to repent from all sins when sin has dominion over their lives? No.
Please, post a scripture verse where Jesus ever said that He "believed sinners are incapable to repent (incapable of repentance)."

There is a rather bizarre dichotomy in American English whereby "knowing" / "believing" something can be severed from the ability to do a thing.

Americans will stipulate that a person can "know" medicine without having the slightest ability to practice (or do) doctoring. They recognize a difference between a kind of academic or "head" knowledge and practical experience. This is not true in French, nor is it true in Koine Greek. In these two languages, if one cannot do a thing, then one literally cannot state that one knows or believes a thing. The concept of "knowing about" cannot be severed from the "ability to do" - as a matter of language.

In Koine Greek, there is no difference between "believing" a thing, and "doing" a thing. Were one even able to explain such a difference to Hellenistic Jew 2,000 years ago (as I said, it is linguistically impossible) it would surely be viewed as absurd.

Now it's almost impossible to explain to an American that one cannot sever believing from doing - that they are one in the same thing - since words exist to express such a concept. But to many people around the globe, Americans are insane. This may be one reason why.

Rhema

Active
Anyway, regardless what Paul is to Saul per a different language or a surname like Peter was to Simon, ...

....no one can say Paul repented from all sins nor did Ananias had asked him if he has repented from killing Christians before laying hands on "Saul" when God had restored his sight & when God had given him the Holy Ghost.

Paul spent three days repenting. Why do you keep going against the Word of God that says to repent of our sins?

Active
I should point out that before this revelation of Jesus Christ, Paul as Saul was not repenting from all sins when he was on the road to Damascus to arrest more Christians. Saul believed he was doing God's will and was not seeking God at all for him to be seen as seeking God
Yes he was not empowered to repent prior .
You will have to cite the specific verses in Jeremiah 31 for me to see your point there brother. Where is the law of repentance and why would that O.T. reference apply to the New Covenant? Is it a prophesy?

Yes that parable is prophecy Like all. .. to the law and its witness of two works of turning empowered by the Holy Spirit .

Power

No power

Jerimiah 31: 18:19 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; (God doing the first work of turning ) for thou art the Lord my God.Surely after that I was turned,(by God) I repented; and after that I was instructed,(by God) I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

Calling the foolish back according to the hearing of faith as shown in the law (Jerimiah 31)

Galatians 3: 1-3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Loyal
How can one say, "Oh I BELIEVE in Jesus Christ" without having repented?

How can one say, "Oh I BELIEVE in Jesus Christ" without having obeyed his command to Repent?

Please, post a scripture verse where Jesus ever said that He "believed sinners are incapable to repent (incapable of repentance)."

There is a rather bizarre dichotomy in American English whereby "knowing" / "believing" something can be severed from the ability to do a thing.

Americans will stipulate that a person can "know" medicine without having the slightest ability to practice (or do) doctoring. They recognize a difference between a kind of academic or "head" knowledge and practical experience. This is not true in French, nor is it true in Koine Greek. In these two languages, if one cannot do a thing, then one literally cannot state that one knows or believes a thing. The concept of "knowing about" cannot be severed from the "ability to do" - as a matter of language.

In Koine Greek, there is no difference between "believing" a thing, and "doing" a thing. Were one even able to explain such a difference to Hellenistic Jew 2,000 years ago (as I said, it is linguistically impossible) it would surely be viewed as absurd.

Now it's almost impossible to explain to an American that one cannot sever believing from doing - that they are one in the same thing - since words exist to express such a concept. But to many people around the globe, Americans are insane. This may be one reason why.

Rhema
You can add this to the Gumbo:
And I read what another “Apostle” said; with Boldness!:eyes:

New American Standard Bible
So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”:joy:

In other words; Thomas might was saying, I don’t care how he walks how he talks, or how he quotes scripture, or look like JESUS!

I am Not going to believe, until ff.:eyes: