• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How to get free from dark spirits

Loyal
Bendito -- I wouldn't know -- I don't eat snake . The venom in the sack is what will kill a person. Have you ever seen a snake being milked? Have seen that on T.V.

When poisonous snake bites a person, venom is released from a sack behind it's head and goes into the person -- it will start to immediately either kill or paralyze the victim.

Eating snake meat should be harmless. But I don't plan to eat any.
Well....See? People come from different places. You have a hard time with some of what I share, even though I see it in the Bible
I come from a long line of hunters and trappers. We've always taken our meat from the forest...and we developed a strict rule way back in the sixteen hundreds....If you don't want to eat it, don't kill it. If you kill it, you WILL eat it. You condone the killing of snakes but are not willing to eat them....Offensive to me.... I hope this helps? I do not and will not judge you for your choice of course but I hope it opens up a bit of understanding. That's all I'll say about where I'm coming from.

Loyal
I agree @Sue D. very good point about the fine line, I think this is where discernment comes into play.

@Sue D. and @Bendito , I think when people hear the term demon possessed strong walls come up. I think one can also look at it from an even lesser spiritual perspective
and speak of people under the influence of evil spirits. This is less debatable. For example, a certain Christian may not be "possessed" by a demon (though people can be, and are)
but he or she may be heavily influenced by evil spirits. Do you remember when Jesus told Peter, "Get thee behind me Satan". Are we to think that in that moment Peter was possessed
by the devil? If you say yes, than this should change your perspective on how you think demon possessed people act because on the surface, Peter's request to save Jesus life seemed
logical and common sense. However if you say no, Peter was not demon possessed than you are left with saying he was influenced by the devil in the mind.

Similarly, I think evil spirits put thoughts in our minds just as the Devil did to Peter and Jesus was quick to rebuke Satan. He didn't even talk to Peter, He (Jesus) went straight to the source.
My point is I think looking at this clear Bible evidence that even if someone is not possessed by a demon, many are influenced in their thoughts and likewise these spirits can be rebuked.

@Sue D. once again you mentioned a good point about the fine line, I agree that there are mental issues that are not spiritually related. With that said, I will say that we should be careful
in putting God in a box. Let us not forget that God can heal body, soul, and spirit. Therefore we don't have to ask God for his power for only the spiritual. The early church prayed for common
biological sicknessess, however, now that we have more advancements in science we look as say, I can just take this pill and I can be heal. I'm not taking anything away from modern medicine,
it has its place, I'm just saying that for us to be mindful of not putting God in a box.

Lastly, with drawing that line I think many forget that ultimately we are one. We have a body, soul, and a spirit; they all influence each other. Poor nutrition in the body can impact once
emotional health in the soul. And stress in the soul (mind<not brain>) can lead to physical illnesses (research has shown this). So just because a condition originates in a certain domain (body, soul, or spirit)
it doesn't main that the other domains can't be engaged as well to bring about healing.

I'm not saying everything is spiritual and I'm not saying ignore the blessings of science that God has allowed us to discover. For example, someone may be dehydrated and think they are depressed, but
really it is just poor nutrition and a lack of sleep. If someone thinking that depression is a demon and tries to cast it out (when it is not there) obviously there would be nothing to cast out. However if they
earnestly prayed to God, I believe even in their error, God would lead and show them the answer, whether it is leading them to the right doctor or giving them the insight that their problem was nutritional.
Simply put, even if what we think is the problem is not the problem, God still heals and can still guide.

Final thought with the fine line, I think about Job, and how God allowed Satan to cast sickness over Job. We in the background see that the nature of the sickness was spiritual, though it was
clearly manifested in the flesh. I fear that if that (Job's story) happened today. Many would take Job to the doctors (which is not wrong) and obviously when the doctors would run their test
they would see physical genetic sickness in his body. And since they could perhaps diagnosis it on the body level they would not give a second thought that any spiritual is happening in the background
and also not see any value of Prayer in Job's situation. ---We are also told in the Old testament that God visited curses from generation to generation, were these curses passed genetically in the dna?
That is possible.

So my point is yes, there is a line, however let us not put God in a box. He can heal all. Let us not ignore the science but likewise not compartmentalize God and the spiritual falsely thinking that spiritual things
cannot be manifested in the body. There is so much happening in the spiritual realm that is we could see it, we would be beyond surprised.
I will answer you with as comments as I read your post.
You know, of course, that a Christian CANNOT be possessed by a demon...He can, however, have a demon lodged in his body... You know that the best way to destroy a city, a country is from the inside. No...Peter was in no way possessed, but he was listening to a demon, or perhaps Satan himself. So my friend, of course, Peter was influenced by demons.
Can you tell me one single illness, mental or otherwise that is NOT caused or used by a demon? None. The thief comes to steal kill and destroy.
You take a pill to combat a "regular" sickness instead of simply commanding it to leave? Why?

The Jews of Jesus time looked at things a bit differently than we do today....We have two cycles, two domains. We have the Life (Blessing) domain and the Death (Cursing) domain.... Everything bad, everything that leads to death is the Curse......Everything good, everything that leads to life and health and happiness is Blessing.. You are right though...People do have to take care of their bodies. Sleep, nutrition etc but that does not alter the spiritual realm.
What I'm talking about is the deliberate obfuscation of any teaching about the spirit realm and its influence on Christians....I've known, I know Christians who have been kicked out of their churches, totally ostracised by their Christian bretheren because they believe that a Christian can be oppressed by a demon, or even harbor one, unknowingly, in their bodies.

Loyal
Bendito -- what do you think demon possession IS? It's a demon residing in a person. And you're Right -- a Christian -- a born-again believer Cannot be demon possessed Because the Holy Spirit IS already There, But having something 'lodged in his body' would be like having something visible penetrate his body that could be seen and need to be removed. In an accident, something might end up being 'lodged' in a persons' body and has to be removed.

Demons do not cause illness -- mental or otherwise.

So you think that a person should be able to simple command an illness to leave and it Will? If a believer could cure any illness that way -- do you really think that any believer would ever Be sick?!

But, no, sickness is Not especially cured by simply taking a pill. There Is sickness in this world because we Do live in a fallen world. Our bodies are going to have aches and pains simply because we are human. Believers will get our new perfect glorified bodies when we are with Jesus Christ for eternity.

A believer Can be experience demonic oppression, yes , but Possessed by a demon, No. BECAUSE -- once the Holy Spirit comes to indwell a person -- He does NOT leave. And That leaves No Room for a demon To come in to possess.

And unfortunately some churches are misled in their teachings. A preacher Needs to study his Bible to know what God's Word Does say.

Loyal
Bendito -- what do you think demon possession IS? It's a demon residing in a person. And you're Right -- a Christian -- a born-again believer Cannot be demon possessed Because the Holy Spirit IS already There, But having something 'lodged in his body' would be like having something visible penetrate his body that could be seen and need to be removed. In an accident, something might end up being 'lodged' in a persons' body and has to be removed.

So you think that a person should be able to simple command an illness to leave and it Will? If a believer could cure any illness that way -- do you really think that any believer would ever Be sick?!

But, no, sickness is Not especially cured by simply taking a pill. There Is sickness in this world because we Do live in a fallen world. Our bodies are going to have aches and pains simply because we are human. Believers will get our new perfect glorified bodies when we are with Jesus Christ for eternity.

A believer Can be experience demonic oppression, yes , but Possessed by a demon, No. BECAUSE -- once the Holy Spirit comes to indwell a person -- He does NOT leave. And That leaves No Room for a demon To come in to possess.

And unfortunately some churches are misled in their teachings. A preacher Needs to study his Bible to know what God's Word Does say.
Not at all Sue....If you walk into a building, do you control it? No. It's the same. A demon comes into you, does it control you? No..There is a matter of will for it to contend with. And a matter of the Holy Spirit residing in your spirit. So at most this demon could conceivably take only two thirds of you...Then, you having authority over these vile things, you get to send it to the pit before it can do anything other than minor manifestations if you so choose. With Christians though, often we are too proud to admit we might have a problem there. What it boils down to is; A Christian cannot be demon possessed, but he/she can harbor a demon in their body or mind....And he/she needs to get rid of it.
Sister, from what I understand from your arguments you've presented, you know very little about demons and how they work. Why are you trying to teach me? I do have years of experience in this area..not to brag...I feel dirty every time I have to deal with these pigs. Yes my friend....Demons will work with ANYTHING that they can hurt you with....For example; Cancer is a disease, then you have a spirit of cancer who uses the natural illness to get you good. To make sure you die from it, as it were.
Could the enemy put illness on you? Of course! Would he? Satan will do anything that YOU allow him to do.

So you ask. " So you think that a person should be able to simple command an illness to leave and it Will?" Absolutely!
Matthew 21:21

Yeshua answered them, “Yes! I tell you, if you have trust and don’t doubt, you will not only do what was done to this fig tree; but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Go and throw yourself into the sea!’ it will be done.

You said. "If a believer could cure any illness that way -- do you really think that any believer would ever Be sick?! " Not at all Sue...First a believer is one who believes the Word, and acts on it....Most Christians that I've ever met do NOT believe the Word. The Word says we ARE healed and they look at their body and call God a liar. "I'm not healed....I'm siiiick!" So the sick "Christian" now has to choose....Who is lying? Is God lying? "By Jesus stripes, you were healed"? Or is it you, confessing what you feel instead of God's Word? Face it Sue...somebody is speaking lies here. You said. " Our bodies are going to have aches and pains simply because we are human.:" And thats why Christians die before their time. Right there. Not for lack of faith but because of unbelief.
And yes...A Christian can have a demon in their body...The Holy Spirit resides in your spirit....That still leaves your soul and your body and that is up to you to clean up. Phil 2:12 So, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed when I was with you, it is even more important that you obey now when I am away from you: keep working out your deliverance with fear and trembling,
:

Loyal
I will answer you with as comments as I read your post.
You know, of course, that a Christian CANNOT be possessed by a demon...He can, however, have a demon lodged in his body... You know that the best way to destroy a city, a country is from the inside. No...Peter was in no way possessed, but he was listening to a demon, or perhaps Satan himself. So my friend, of course, Peter was influenced by demons.
Can you tell me one single illness, mental or otherwise that is NOT caused or used by a demon? None. The thief comes to steal kill and destroy.
You take a pill to combat a "regular" sickness instead of simply commanding it to leave? Why?

The Jews of Jesus time looked at things a bit differently than we do today....We have two cycles, two domains. We have the Life (Blessing) domain and the Death (Cursing) domain.... Everything bad, everything that leads to death is the Curse......Everything good, everything that leads to life and health and happiness is Blessing.. You are right though...People do have to take care of their bodies. Sleep, nutrition etc but that does not alter the spiritual realm.
What I'm talking about is the deliberate obfuscation of any teaching about the spirit realm and its influence on Christians....I've known, I know Christians who have been kicked out of their churches, totally ostracised by their Christian bretheren because they believe that a Christian can be oppressed by a demon, or even harbor one, unknowingly, in their bodies.

I'm with you brother on what you said.

You stated, "You take a pill to combat a "regular" sickness instead of simply commanding it to leave? Why? "
Maybe you are talking about society in general and not me. I personally actually don't even take medication really.
I pray and use the wisdom that God has given me. In the field I work however many people do. I don't.
I don't think I'm saying anything opposite of what you are saying.
I however may be packaging it in a manner to allow those who are on the opposite side an opportunity to digest it
in their mind.

And you mentioned some church hurt in your other post. I apologize for what the body of Christ has done to you.
I pray that you do not throw out the baby with the bath-water, meaning that you don't allow the works of those who
were not led by the spirit in that moment to fill your heart with certain emotions that may make it more difficult for you
to follow our Lord and Saviors voice.

Like I said, I agree with what you are saying about the spiritual realm. I'm just trying to say it so people can hear me. If I shared
all of my experiences, people would stop listening to me and think I'm crazy. So I try to put out what I think they can handle.
I think about how Jesus said, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. " John 16:12 . I'm not
sharing that to address you directly but society in general when dealing with such topics.

You did ask "Can you tell me one single illness, mental or otherwise that is NOT caused or used by a demon? "
Well there are many my brother. I would however agree that if not for sin (Adam & Eve) there wouldn't be any sin or sickness.
God does give us free will and our actions towards our body has consequences. The Bible tells us there is the World, the flesh, and the Devil.
The world as I'm sure you know is the sinful culture we live in, the flesh is our sin nature in the flesh, and the devil encompasses Satan and the rebellious angels
that choose to follow him. Our soul, is living in sin filled flesh, which walks in this sinful world, and encounters the devil in the spirit. However we still have
free will (we lose some of it as we get in bondage when we sin, as Jesus said whoever sins is a slave to sin). So back to your question. Say lung
cancer which may come from smoking a cigarette, are you saying that you would blame a demon and not the person's freewill to smoke.
Mental wise, say someone dies and a love one mourns and goes into deep depression because they are sad. They stop eating, they lose interest, they socially
withdraw. Are you saying that you would blame a demon for that depression due to the mourning of a loved one?

My point is everything is not a demon, however I do believe that God and heal it all, and we can bring everything to him.

I think we agree on more than we disagree, and back to your Original Post, I agree with most all that was said in it. If you however feel led to enlighten
me on some places where you think I err in my thoughts, do share and I will humbly listen and perhaps I can learn or perhaps I can teach. Love and God bless.

Loyal
I'm with you brother on what you said.

You stated, "You take a pill to combat a "regular" sickness instead of simply commanding it to leave? Why? "
Maybe you are talking about society in general and not me. I personally actually don't even take medication really.
I pray and use the wisdom that God has given me. In the field I work however many people do. I don't.
I don't think I'm saying anything opposite of what you are saying.
I however may be packaging it in a manner to allow those who are on the opposite side an opportunity to digest it
in their mind.

And you mentioned some church hurt in your other post. I apologize for what the body of Christ has done to you.
I pray that you do not throw out the baby with the bath-water, meaning that you don't allow the works of those who
were not led by the spirit in that moment to fill your heart with certain emotions that may make it more difficult for you
to follow our Lord and Saviors voice.

Like I said, I agree with what you are saying about the spiritual realm. I'm just trying to say it so people can hear me. If I shared
all of my experiences, people would stop listening to me and think I'm crazy. So I try to put out what I think they can handle.
I think about how Jesus said, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. " John 16:12 . I'm not
sharing that to address you directly but society in general when dealing with such topics.

You did ask "Can you tell me one single illness, mental or otherwise that is NOT caused or used by a demon? "
Well there are many my brother. I would however agree that if not for sin (Adam & Eve) there wouldn't be any sin or sickness.
God does give us free will and our actions towards our body has consequences. The Bible tells us there is the World, the flesh, and the Devil.
The world as I'm sure you know is the sinful culture we live in, the flesh is our sin nature in the flesh, and the devil encompasses Satan and the rebellious angels
that choose to follow him. Our soul, is living in sin filled flesh, which walks in this sinful world, and encounters the devil in the spirit. However we still have
free will (we lose some of it as we get in bondage when we sin, as Jesus said whoever sins is a slave to sin). So back to your question. Say lung
cancer which may come from smoking a cigarette, are you saying that you would blame a demon and not the person's freewill to smoke.
Mental wise, say someone dies and a love one mourns and goes into deep depression because they are sad. They stop eating, the lose interest, they socially
withdraw. Are you saying that you would blame a demon for that depression due to the mourning of a loved one?

My point is everything is not a demon, however I do believe that God and heal it all, and we can bring everything to him.
If ultimately it was all the devils fault than it would make God really cruel to blame us and allow people to go to hell if they were only following
what the devil "made" them do. However we have freewill, I believe, and as a result, though the devil is busy, we still are responsible for our actions.
I didn't say it was me that got kicked out of churches, but you caught me....And no, I don't bear any ill will...because of the way I grew up...I feel very little emotion at all, ever.
No I'm afraid I was not clear...I think I explained it to Sue in my last post to her....There are natural diseases etc and there is a demon to work in, on, and through each one of them...

Loyal
I didn't say it was me that got kicked out of churches, but you caught me....And no, I don't bear any ill will...because of the way I grew up...I feel very little emotion at all, ever.
No I'm afraid I was not clear...I think I explained it to Sue in my last post to her....There are natural diseases etc and there is a demon to work in, on, and through each one of them...

Amen, sorry for not reading your post clearly brother. Thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. Also thanks for clarifying. I understand now. Thank you.

Loyal
Bendito -- it's very obvious that you and I do NOT agree about the world / work of demons. But I'm also Not going to continue with this.

Loyal

I know you are done the discussion so I don't expect you to reply. Just commenting since you posted.

Glad we are discussing this important topic @Sue D. and @Bendito .
So @Sue D. , You stated "Demons do not cause illness -- mental or otherwise. "
I would lovingly disagree. I think a very simple example is the man calling Himself Legion in the gospel of Mark and Luke ( Bible Gateway passage: Mark 5:1-20, Luke 8:26-39 - New International Version )
who if he was alive today we would in these days diagnose with schizophrenia. His symptoms if you have read the DSM (Diagnostic Statistical Manual - where
the mental health diagnosis comes from) are classic schizophrenia symptoms. He even exhibited traits of what we would call today multiple personality disorder.
If you would like to read on schizophrenia you can here ( https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-symptoms#1 ). I'm not saying the diagnosis of schiznophrenia
would be a wrong diagnosis, diagnosis however especially in mental health are labels, they explain what is being observed, they are not linked to etiology. Think of it this way,
when you have a fever in your body, the fever is not the cause of the problem, it is the symptom. The fever is your bodies reaction to try to fight off the sickness. This is why many body
sickness have the same symptoms of fever, sore throat, running nose, etc. Those are symptoms not etiology (the cause). Meaning a fever can be because of the flu or because of a headache. It is a
symptom.

This means that DSM which creates these diagnosis does not also state the cause, it is symptom based manual. There is no where in the DSM where it will say, depression is caused by this, or
anxiety is caused by this. It however will say, if you have these symptoms, you can be diagnosis with the diagnosis. It is giving a label to a category of symptoms, not telling you why the symptoms are there. Of course
as we do research we see things and treatments come about, however the diagnosis itself as presented in the DSM is about labeling, not etiology.

You also stated, "So you think that a person should be able to simple command an illness to leave and it Will? If a believer could cure any illness that way -- do you really think that any believer would ever Be sick?! "
Jesus tells us let it be done according to you faith. I agree with you @Sue D. many Christians cannot just command and have the illness leave, I think it is because the don't believe.
How can they command if they don't believe? Any where is their power if they try to command if they have not been given power or have the relationship with Jesus needed.
Remember in Acts 19:15 when someone tried to cast out a demon but had not idea what they were doing, the verse reads "And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? "
So yes, the evil spirits won't just leave @Sue D. you are correct all the time, because many don't have the power and the evil spirits just look at them in the spirit and laugh. And others don't have the faith, but
perhaps the faith and the power are the same thing, (I don't know). You also asked if any believer would ever be sick if this was true. I think you are aware that believers are at different levels of spiritual maturity.
So just because a truth exist I'm sure you would agree that it does not mean that the power of the trust is manifested. For example when working for the government there were many resources that I discovered,
there are so many free programs in the USA. Scholarships for just being a women, scholarships for being a minority, scholarships to start a business, money to research certain program, agencies that give free resources,
soo many free things out there, but many don't have it. They don't have it not because it doesn't exist but because they are unaware of the resources available to them.

Likewise I think many Christians are living below their full potential because likewise many are unaware of the power available to them. What do you think Jesus meant, I ask in a tone or respect and love, when He said,
greater things than these you would do? Was that simply an hyperbole? Or was Jesus actually being literal?

Like I said, I don't expect you to reply as you stated you were done with the discussion, just wanted to share so as others read they can examine another prospective. God Bless.

Loyal
I Will respond somewhat to you.

I grew up with medical. And I've also researched somewhat about multiple personality disorder. There are those who don't believe that MPD exists at all and some who Do believe in it because they've seen it in action. I've read the book and seen the movie "Three Faces of Eve". Fascinating and sad at the same time.

And it Is true that some people's life-styles bring on their illnesses.

Some develop lung cancer when they've never smoked a cigarette in their entire lives.
Other's smoke all their lives and never contract it.

You pick one phrase that Jesus Did say and 'formulate' a doctrine from it. In this particular case, I don't happen to agree with your application Of.

And yes, people display symptoms and a diagnosis made in an effort to treat / take care of the symptoms. There Is a need to get to the source of symptoms. That's obvious.

The human body is complex / mysterious at times.

I don't believe that a person's level of spiritual maturity has anything to do with their physical health. At least not the way You're trying To connect them.

Many years ago there was a young lady in a church who had believing, loving parents. She had trouble with bad, mean, at times malicious thoughts running through her mind. She was a believer and it really bothered her. Her parents talked with her concerning her salvation. Yes, she was a believer. So then she was encouraged to pray more about the thoughts that would bombard her. Prayer, Bible study talking to pastor didn't seem to help any. Finally -- out of desperation, they contacted a psychiatrist who wanted to try some medications on her. He was a Christian psychiatrist who felt it was Likely a brain disorder. And, after administering some Strong medications, she Finally found relief. Apparently in the process of going through puberty, something in her brain short-circuited and started causing her problems.

My own daughter has gone through some rough stuff -- really rough. She was diagnosed as bi-polar at one point. Some Strong meds helped with that. Later some Other things were happening and it was affecting her in Other ways. She's been on Lithium for a while now. Is she a believer, yes. Her Dad's sudden death 6 months ago ended up sending her 'off' again. And, yes, I'm talking about my husband. Very sudden. And, yes, I have problems with that off and on.

And I've also read 'Through Divided Minds' many years ago. there was a very small part of That book that helped Me prepare for some things that my husband was experiencing for a short time. I've tried finding That book again and it doesn't seem to exist any more. It was like another part of his personality was emerging. I'd know when he was experiencing his Other self and couldn't let him leave the house until he became Himself again. When he'd 'wake up' he couldn't remember anything of what I shared with him that he'd just been doing. And that 'other' part of his personality would talk to me. Talk in the 3rd person. And I know what brought it on. And That situation ended and he was getting back to normal.

so , yes, I know from personal family experience about some of what you're talking about. And, no, it was Not brought on by any demons. And it was not something that could be 'prayed away'.

When a person breaks an arm or leg or gets burned or has an injury -- that arm / leg / burn is treated and the progress of the healing of the broken bone and burns are monitored. those are bodily injuries that can be seen. But it's Not attributed to the work of a demon in their life. People Do have accidents and injuries are treated and healed.

Same thing with symptoms that can't be seen in an x-ray but are very real in the mind / emotions.

Saying that a person needs more faith to pray through these things - to me- sounds well - ridiculous.

so much for a short response on my part.

It comes across that a Really Spiritually Mature Christian won't have real problems. (fiddle-sticks)

Active
We usually view demonic spirits with abnormal human behavior which we can identify as some sickness. When actually, the demonic or dark spirits can cause very normal activity with a person, only directed against God and His purpose. Demonic activity in a Pentecostal Church, will look like Pentecostals. Demonic activity in a Baptist Church will look like Baptists. etc. etc. It doesn't have to mimic one with serious mental issues. It can mimic a perfectly normal functioning person.

Thus the importance of those in the church who have been given the gift of discernment of spirits. (1 Cor. 12:10)

But, what if the Lord sent that evil spirit? (1 Sam. 16:14) (18:10) Yet David's music caused the evil spirit to depart. (16:23)

Quantrill

Loyal
We usually view demonic spirits with abnormal human behavior which we can identify as some sickness. When actually, the demonic or dark spirits can cause very normal activity with a person, only directed against God and His purpose. Demonic activity in a Pentecostal Church, will look like Pentecostals. Demonic activity in a Baptist Church will look like Baptists. etc. etc. It doesn't have to mimic one with serious mental issues. It can mimic a perfectly normal functioning person.

Thus the importance of those in the church who have been given the gift of discernment of spirits. (1 Cor. 12:10)

But, what if the Lord sent that evil spirit? (1 Sam. 16:14) (18:10) Yet David's music caused the evil spirit to depart. (16:23)

Quantrill
Firstly, I'm betting tht Baptists can act like Baptists with out a demon's help. I'm also betting that a Penetcostal can act like a Pentecostal withour demonic help....So why would a d
emon simulate one? Unless maybe to peach a sermon that these denominations would accept?

Secondly, If you think God sends a demon to do Gods work, you really do not know God.. There is really NO scriptural precedent for that. God calls the devil the destroyer, He says the devil comes ONLY to steal kill and destroy.....Not a suitable tool for a child of God at all

Active
Firstly, I'm betting tht Baptists can act like Baptists with out a demon's help. I'm also betting that a Penetcostal can act like a Pentecostal withour demonic help....So why would a d
emon simulate one? Unless maybe to peach a sermon that these denominations would accept?

Secondly, If you think God sends a demon to do Gods work, you really do not know God.. There is really NO scriptural precedent for that. God calls the devil the destroyer, He says the devil comes ONLY to steal kill and destroy.....Not a suitable tool for a child of God at all

Well, I didn't write (1 Samuel 16:14) and (18:10).

Quantrill

Loyal
The 1 Samuel 16:14 and 18:10

David and Saul. Back in That day -- the Holy Spirit came and went in people as did the spirit of evil. A footnote was reminding 'us' that God is in charge -- All the time. Satan / evil spirits Only have as much control / power as God allows.

When the evil spirit came upon Saul, David would be called to play music / the harp/ for him because it would sooth him.

In This day and age -- the Holy Spirit works differently. It doesn't come and go as it did back Then. Because of the Cross -- the Holy Spirit comes Permanently to indwell the born-again believer until the person is safe with Jesus Christ forever.

Quantrill -- I was just looking up the 1 Corinthians 12 passage -- the gift of discernment of spirits. Isn't that referring to distinguishing true and false prophesies. In that day - wasn't a false prophet supposed to be killed? Like nowdays there have been people Jean Dixon for instance -- trying to predict events. She was Mostly Wrong. Maybe Entirely wrong I don't remember off hand. I was particularly aware of Her because we share the same last name. NO not related. There are Lots of 'Dixon's' around.

usually the predictions are those trying to set a time for the rapture of the church. And since that event hasn't happened yet -- they would be false prophets. And predictors are generally laughed at.

Your comment about demonic activity in the various denominations would mimic normal activities in those various denominations. And a demon can mimic a perfectly healthy person? In an effort to fool believers into believing lies.

While it IS true that there is spiritual warfare going on, maybe you're carrying it to an extreme? Maybe?! That which Is Major is if the Gospel unto salvation is being preached. Any Other Gospel is False gospel. That doesn't mean that an evil spirit has entered Other preachers so that they Won't. There Are many preachers who teach anti - Christ. Who Jesus Christ Is. They teach work's based salvation. Which is Not salvation.

There Will be a time --in the future -- when the Antichrist Will appear and take over. He is mentioned in Revelation.

Loyal
Well, I didn't write (1 Samuel 16:14) and (18:10).

Quantrill
I usually do not like commentaries because they are only opinions of other readers of the Word, and not Word itself...In this case I'll share what Matthew Henry says...I do agree with him in this case.

We have here Saul falling and David rising.

I. Here is Saul made a terror to himself (1 Sam. 16:14): The Spirit of the Lord departed from him. He having forsaken God and his duty, God, in a way of righteous judgment, withdrew from him those assistances of the good Spirit with which he was directed, animated, and encouraged in his government and wars. He lost all his good qualities. This was the effect of his rejecting God, and an evidence of his being rejected by him. Now God took his mercy from Saul (as it is expressed, 2 Sam. 7:15); for, when the Spirit of the Lord departs from us, all good goes. When men grieve and quench the Spirit, by wilful sin, he departs, and will not always strive. The consequence of this was that an evil spirit from God troubled him. Those that drive the good Spirit away from the do of course become prey to the evil spirit. If God and his grace do not rule us, sin and Satan will have possession of us. The devil, by the divine permission, troubled and terrified Saul, by means of the corrupt humours of his body and passions of his mind. He grew fretful, and peevish, and discontented, timorous and suspicious, ever and anon starting and trembling; he was sometimes, says Josephus, as if he had been choked or strangled, and a perfect demoniac by fits. This made him unfit for business, precipitate in his counsels, the contempt of his enemies, and a burden to all about him.

I admit I did have a bit of trouble with this verse. I like to look at as many versions as I can but....
The Word says that God will not be tempted and does not tempt any man...Tempt meaning ' try, torment, etc The Word also says that God is the same yesterday, today and forever....So when the Book says God sent an evil spirit, you know its a problem in translation. Anyway, the Lord directed me to Matt Henry this morning. Mr Henry agrees with my understanding here and explains it better

Loyal
Oh, so the Lord directed you to someone who Finally agrees with your understanding and explains it better.

You mean Matthew Henry the Presbyterian minister?

Googling Matt Henry a person finds two men -- Matthew Henry is who you were referring to?

This passage -- God is Not Tempting anyone -- He is simply showing that He, God, is in control of Everything. Evil spirits included.

Saul died back in 1 Samuel -- there were Many kings who came and went -- some were Good and some Evil. But the people Wanted kings like the people groups around them,

When God says that He sent an evil spirit -- it means what it says. Just because someone doesn't understand or agree with what a passage says, doesn't mean it's a bad translation.

Loyal
Oh, so the Lord directed you to someone who Finally agrees with your understanding and explains it better.

You mean Matthew Henry the Presbyterian minister?

Googling Matt Henry a person finds two men -- Matthew Henry is who you were referring to?

This passage -- God is Not Tempting anyone -- He is simply showing that He, God, is in control of Everything. Evil spirits included.

Saul died back in 1 Samuel -- there were Many kings who came and went -- some were Good and some Evil. But the people Wanted kings like the people groups around them,

When God says that He sent an evil spirit -- it means what it says. Just because someone doesn't understand or agree with what a passage says, doesn't mean it's a bad translation.
You come in this morning with fists flying and you expect an answer? I think not.