• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Praying in tongues is praying in the Holy spirit.
It charges you and allows the Holy spirit to pray through you, Praying his will and not your will

Watch this video and be blessed.

Active
Hello
Praying in tongues is praying in the Holy spirit.
It charges you and allows the Holy spirit to pray through you, Praying his will and not your will

Watch this video and be blessed.

Paul says that speaking of tongues is a gift but, useless unless it edifies the church and it can only edify the church if it is accompanied by an Interpreter so others can benefit!

Loyal
Paul says that speaking of tongues is a gift but, useless unless it edifies the church and it can only edify the church if it is accompanied by an Interpreter so others can benefit!

Amen Brother !! lots of people getting the wrong spirit these days and speaking in tongues not of the Holly Spirit we must all us discernment

GOOGLE
Kundalini Spirit

VERY DANGEROUS

Loyal
I pray in tongues to God daily, so please don't jump in here if you have not had the experience and condemn tongue talkers our of hand.I received the gift of tongues as a prayer language between me and God in 1976.

We need to consider that there is more than one type of tongues from God and that there are tongues NOT from God.

"To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues" I Cor 12:10

I have counted not less than three types of tongues described in scripture. If you are not familiar with them, familiarize yourself before blindly plunging into unknown waters with both feet.

No gift of God is not useless.

My own gift of the tongues allows me to pray the prayers that need to be prayed but which we might not want to pray. Consider the time Peter rebuked Jesus:

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31-32

Jesus had told the disciples that the Son of man was going to sufffer and be killed and Peter rebuked Him because he thought it was wrong. Jesus turned and rebuked Peter:

"But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men." Mark 8:33

Jesus did not want to suffer and die, but He knew that it was God's will that He do so. Consider when Jesus prayed about it:

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

The "cup" was the suffering and death that Jesus needed to face according to the Father''s will.

Sometimes it may be God will for you or me to face suffering and even the death of someone we love. Can we pray the right way... or will we simply pray for what we want as for instance that the life of our parent or spouse or child not be taken from us. However...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;" Ecc 3:1-2

If we do ask God to spare our loved one, do we always add words like, "nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt"? For very difficult prayers the gift of praying in tongues will make it possible or even easy to pray the right prayer rather than what our flesh thinks it needs. God always knows what we need, while we too often confuse our needs with our wants.

As one here has already mentioned, there is a kind of tongues that needs an interpreter, but that is not the only kind of tongues from God.

People should not be so quick to look at the negative aspect of tongues. It is a gift of God. If someone misuses or abuses it or imitates it, and we really know that that is the case, then we should try to advise them, but we should be certain of difference between what the Holy Spirit is telling us and what some other spirit may be telling us.
There are spirits that are not good, but withhold your judgment when you do not know where it is from...

Loyal
@vanessa

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your effort to bless us. I apologize that some chose to attack before welcoming you as a new member here. Give God the glory!

I received my prayer language in 2012. I don't go into every prayer with the intention of using tongues. There's a bit of spontaneity that goes with that. Most of my praying in tongues is done in my secret place, where it's just me and the Father. Rarely do I pray in tongues during a corporate service, but if the Holy Spirit says to do it, then what choice do I have?

Active
Again, I don't talked against Tongues, it is a Biblical gift but,St Paul says it does edify the church if no interpreter is present don't do it regardless of ones feelings.
  • 1 Corinthians 14:27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.
  • 1 Corinthians 14: 1-5 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2For anyone who speaks in a tonguea does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5I would like every one of you to speak in tongues,b but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues,c unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

Loyal
@vanessa

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your effort to bless us. I apologize that some chose to attack before welcoming you as a new member here. Give God the glory!

Brother I see no one making any attacks at all. If you saw what I posted as a attack, it was not meant that way at all. simply suggesting we use discernment. I see no attacks at all on this thread. I see warnings to be careful that is all.

Welcome Vanessa and Amadeus I am sorry if you thought I was attacking when all I meant was to suggest to be careful.

Loyal
Brother I see no one making any attacks at all. If you saw what I posted as a attack, it was not meant that way at all. simply suggesting we use discernment. I see no attacks at all on this thread. I see warnings to be careful that is all.

Welcome Vanessa and Amadeus I am sorry if you thought I was attacking when all I meant was to suggest to be careful.
I understand, but I saw the words of vanessa which indicated the video was intended to be a blessing.

Whether it did bless anyone here or not may be a legitimate question, but I would be slow to raise it so quickly in response to on a person's very first post to the forum. On the face of it the person seemed and may have been sincere in the desire to bless us. Since the poster has not posted again, we'll have to wait and see if there is indeed a problem.

In the interim let us give God the glory!

Active
I don't think tongue speakers are able to see how they separate themselves from the body of Christ when they insist they can use tongues without interpretation in the assembly or even when they claim to use tongues privately by themselves.

Especially when tongue speakers claim they got that prayer tongue by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation, departing from this testimony that we are all supposed to share in 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV

Tongues become more of a focal point in their prayer lives rather than going before that throne of grace in praying to God the Father by way of the Son in their normal everyday language..

Like it or not, tongue speakers are to test the spirits as well as the tongues they bring because there had been a supernatural tongue in the world before Pentecost that is just vain & profane babbling and still exists today.

That is why I believe God's real gift of tongues can only be of other men's lips to speak unto the people or else it will come with interpretation in the assembly ( 1 Corinthians 14:21 KJV )

The tongues for private use I see today is probably why many believers thinks tongues have ceased, and why not, when it does not benefit others at all when it does not come with interpretation?.

Active
If a believer heard a voice claiming to be from God, what would other believers say to such a person? Discern what was said by that voice by the scripture and if it goes against scripture, then that voice is not of Him at all.

So if a supernatural tongue had been in the world as gained by the receiving of spirits, shouldn't saved believers warn tongue speakers to test the spirits and the tongue it brings, especially when that tongue for "private use" as it is vain & profane babbling nonsense, was gained by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation? Shouldn't tongue speakers resist the seduction by leaning on Jesus Christ to prove their tongue as from the Lord by the scripture as well?

Scripture at this thread at this site TalkJesus, is for discernment of spirits and the kind of tongue that they had received. No one else can do it for you. You have to pray normally at that throne of grace for help from the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, to address the scripture that reproves that tongue that you claim one can pray in to confirm by Him whether that tongue is of Him at all

Defining Evidence on Supernatural Tongue Before Pentecost

By those scriptures, I know that praying in tongues is not of Him at all.

Loyal
I don't think tongue speakers are able to see how they separate themselves from the body of Christ when they insist they can use tongues without interpretation in the assembly or even when they claim to use tongues privately by themselves.

Especially when tongue speakers claim they got that prayer tongue by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation, departing from this testimony that we are all supposed to share in 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV

Tongues become more of a focal point in their prayer lives rather than going before that throne of grace in praying to God the Father by way of the Son in their normal everyday language..

Like it or not, tongue speakers are to test the spirits as well as the tongues they bring because there had been a supernatural tongue in the world before Pentecost that is just vain & profane babbling and still exists today.

That is why I believe God's real gift of tongues can only be of other men's lips to speak unto the people or else it will come with interpretation in the assembly ( 1 Corinthians 14:21 KJV )

The tongues for private use I see today is probably why many believers thinks tongues have ceased, and why not, when it does not benefit others at all when it does not come with interpretation?.

I have responded to most or all of your questions on you own thread entitled:

"Defining Evidence on Supernatural Tongue Before Pentecost"

Loyal
]...I know that praying in tongues is not of Him at all.

I am afraid my friend that what you say know is from man' s logic which regarding the things of God is worth nothing at all. You believe rather than know and your belief is in error according to what is written in my heart. Go to my response on your thread about tongues.

Active
We do not receive the gift apart from salvation, its part and parcel of it. Please do not forbid speaking in tongues, instead pray for interpretation. Many of us that have the gift do not flaunt it in front of unbelievers, God has a purpose for it, and if you dont have it you may not understand it, but dont knock other people for sharing what is given to them by God.

If someone has recieved APART from salvation, then yes be wary, but everyone I know and my own experience has been it was part of salvation and we thank God for this gift, which is but one of the many spiritual gifts believers are given.

It would be really useless and no point to God for anyone to fake this gift since faking it would serve absolutely no purpose.

Active
Also if you expect everyone you meet to speak the same language as you Im afraid you must lead a very sheltered life. We are brothers and sisters in Christ even if we do not speak the same language. This is why God gave us the gift of tongues. We are to use whatever tongue to praise the Lord.

Revelation 7:9

@vanessa

Thank you Amadeus. I am so honored. Someone sent me that video, i was blessed and deeply touched. I could see the hand of God in it, but i felt like i have been initiated into a cult after reading the comments here.
Thank you for welcoming me and encouraging me. The christian family needs people like you.
Muslims will not condemn whats Quranical, but it's only in christianity that christians label other christians.
islam as a religion does not have so many fractions like we do;.
We have so many denominations. God will help us!!!
The end is what matters.

T

I am afraid my friend that what you say know is from man' s logic which regarding the things of God is worth nothing at all. You believe rather than know and your belief is in error according to what is written in my heart. Go to my response on your thread about tongues.

Thanks. You are really anointed. Only the anointed ones will respect an anointing. Like David said about Saul, " I will not hurt whom God has anointed"

You judging whats your basis? are you the one who anointed them with the tongues?
Why judge another man's servant then?
Only demons know themselves, if you call them demons, you should be one to know one.

X X
[QUOTE = "JesusIs4Me, post: 295280, member: 33107"] If a believer heard a voice claiming to be from God, what would other believers say to such a person? Discern what was said by voice by the scripture and if it goes against scripture, then that voice is not of Him at all.

So if a supernatural tongue had been in the world as a result of the receiving of spirits, it should not be forgotten that the "private use" as it is vain & profane babbling nonsense, was gained by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation? Should not tongue speakers resist the seduction by leaning on Jesus Christ?

Scripture at this site TalkJesus is for discernment of spirits and the child of tongue that they had received. No one else can do it for you. You have to pray at the throne of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, to address the scripture that replies that you can claim

By those scriptures, I know that praying in tongues is not or Him at all. [/ QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "JesusIs4Me, post: 295280, member: 33107"] If a believer heard a voice claiming to be from God, what would other believers say to such a person? Discern what was said by voice by the scripture and if it goes against scripture, then that voice is not of Him at all.

So if a supernatural tongue had been in the world as a result of the receiving of spirits, it should not be forgotten that the "private use" as it is vain & profane babbling nonsense, was gained by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation? Should not tongue speakers resist the seduction by leaning on Jesus Christ?

Scripture at this site TalkJesus is for discernment of spirits and the child of tongue that they had received. No one else can do it for you. You have to pray at the throne of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, to address the scripture that replies that you can claim

By those scriptures, I know that praying in tongues is not or Him at all. [/ QUOTE]

You judging whats your basis? are you the one who anointed them with the tongues?
Why judge another man's servant then?
Only demons know themselves, if you call them demons, you should be one to know one.

Status
Not open for further replies.