• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How Do I Put on the Armor of God?

Active
If i could add to this, " the Sword of God " . Is much more than just words. As Jesus is more than just flesh and blood.

When we think of Jesus, to our minds may come the person, Jesus. But as i told Sue, Jesus is also the Word transcribed into the Two Stone tablets given to Moses. Jesus ( as Peter stated ) is the Rock that followed the Israelites around the desert for 40 years.

The Words of scripture are both spiritual and physical at the same time. As the Word is Jesus. Both God and Man.

The example of this is Jesus saying to the man, "your sins are forgiven" then saying "get up and walk" .

So when the Sword of God is mentioned, we are reading what is both physical and spiritual at the same time. Our problem is we are human, and we don't use dual words.

The Jews are the only people i know of who designed words to represent two to mean one. Moses speaking to God. The literal translation of "I am who am" is "I's am whom am".

I would offer. The word two throughout the Bible represents God has spoken ."Let there be" (1) and "it was good" (2) using created things to show the testimony of his invisible power. The law of faith. . Christ working in us yoked with Him our daily burdens can be made lighter as our daily bread. .

The sword of the Spirit is the living words of the Spirit. On Mt Sinai God's Holy Spirit hewn out two stones to represent the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

The two candlesticks in Revelation and with his own finger wrote on both sides No room for the oral tradition of men . Oral traditions of dying mankind declaring . . . we will do whatsoever our own mouth says.. .why trust words of a book?

The cause of the abomination of desolation mankind replacing the invisible power of Christ's faith as a labor of His love that he works in those yoked with His Holy Spirit with there own fleshly traditions the pagn foundation. No faith as it is it writen in the book of prophecy .The kind of faith that does please our Father.

He moved Moses to break stone tablets, the law as it remains written it was not subject to change under the oral traditions or philosophies of men There is only one Spirit of absolute Creative truth as a power . Coming down the mountain having made it desolate by the oral traditions of men . (I heard it through the grapevine of dying mankind.)

And the second time he moved Moses to again established the law as it is writen ,This time (2) Moses hewn out the stone and again writing with his own finger .Holy men of old moved by the Spirit of Christ

Exodus31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Exodus 32:15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written

Exodus 32:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Exodus 34: 4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the Lord had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone

Again two represents God not seen has spoken. to the law (1) and the prophets (2) as evidence of the unseen law "let there be"

God is not a Word. He is Spirit.He is light. He is Love .

Jesus the son of Man is our brother in the lord just as Peter or any born again child as sons of God. .

Apostles as messengers are sent with the living will beginning with the martyr Abel the first recorder murder of Satan the spirit of the antichrists (false apostles, false prophets )

if any man does not follow both the law and the prophets as one word the witness to the law then we are informed their is no gospel light unto their path .

Isaiah 8: 20 To the (1) law and to the testimony (2) : if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

There must be a mixture or it would appear no gospel?

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it

Active
God is the only one who knows who will or will not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. And by their fruits we Will know who they are.
Those who you are describing apparently believe that their good works or good lives are getting them to heaven.
Or maybe there are those who've commented thst since they Are born-again, they claim to be one of God's elect. That person should be talked to privately and in a concerned way About their salvation.

I dont think God knows who will come before hand. True some were, for a better word,predestined,such as John the Baptist. But as a whole,he provided the way and now it becomes whosoever will.

Active
I dont think God knows who will come before hand. True some were, for a better word,predestined,such as John the Baptist. But as a whole,he provided the way and now it becomes whosoever will.
YH knows all

He says I knew you before you were in the womb

He know what Each n everyone of His creatures would do.. how amazing is that can't even phantom that He Loves us so much He allowed us free will to do what we wanted how we wanted n when we wanted n want to this day
Even tho He knew some of the creatures He has created would cause much Evil He still didn't destroy the world because He Loves us..

Yeshua said I am coming back for what was promised to Him

that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those that Thou gavest Me, have I lost none.”

Revelation 20:15 - And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

If YH doesn't know who will come how did His children get in the book of life??

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

So few ask YH who they r IN Him all His children are written n all His children branch of from the Word.. we r found in Him

Twistie

Loyal
YH knows all

He says I knew you before you were in the womb

He know what Each n everyone of His creatures would do.. how amazing is that can't even phantom that He Loves us so much He allowed us free will to do what we wanted how we wanted n when we wanted n want to this day
Even tho He knew some of the creatures He has created would cause much Evil He still didn't destroy the world because He Loves us..

Yeshua said I am coming back for what was promised to Him

that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those that Thou gavest Me, have I lost none.”

Revelation 20:15 - And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

If YH doesn't know who will come how did His children get in the book of life??

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

So few ask YH who they r IN Him all His children are written n all His children branch of from the Word.. we r found in Him

Twistie
Love hearing you speak : )

Loyal
I would offer. The word two throughout the Bible represents God has spoken ."Let there be" (1) and "it was good" (2) using created things to show the testimony of his invisible power. The law of faith. . Christ working in us yoked with Him our daily burdens can be made lighter as our daily bread. .

The sword of the Spirit is the living words of the Spirit. On Mt Sinai God's Holy Spirit hewn out two stones to represent the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

The two candlesticks in Revelation and with his own finger wrote on both sides No room for the oral tradition of men . Oral traditions of dying mankind declaring . . . we will do whatsoever our own mouth says.. .why trust words of a book?

The cause of the abomination of desolation mankind replacing the invisible power of Christ's faith as a labor of His love that he works in those yoked with His Holy Spirit with there own fleshly traditions the pagn foundation. No faith as it is it writen in the book of prophecy .The kind of faith that does please our Father.

He moved Moses to break stone tablets, the law as it remains written it was not subject to change under the oral traditions or philosophies of men There is only one Spirit of absolute Creative truth as a power . Coming down the mountain having made it desolate by the oral traditions of men . (I heard it through the grapevine of dying mankind.)

And the second time he moved Moses to again established the law as it is writen ,This time (2) Moses hewn out the stone and again writing with his own finger .Holy men of old moved by the Spirit of Christ

Exodus31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Exodus 32:15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written

Exodus 32:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Exodus 34: 4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the Lord had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone

Again two represents God not seen has spoken. to the law (1) and the prophets (2) as evidence of the unseen law "let there be"

God is not a Word. He is Spirit.He is light. He is Love .

Jesus the son of Man is our brother in the lord just as Peter or any born again child as sons of God. .

Apostles as messengers are sent with the living will beginning with the martyr Abel the first recorder murder of Satan the spirit of the antichrists (false apostles, false prophets )

if any man does not follow both the law and the prophets as one word the witness to the law then we are informed their is no gospel light unto their path .

Isaiah 8: 20 To the (1) law and to the testimony (2) : if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

There must be a mixture or it would appear no gospel?

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it
This was some very good thought and writing. Hope you don't mind, but i am going to share this with a friend.

Peace Always, Bill

Active
So whether you realize it or not,you are saying we are predestined.

If God knew who would believe,he would not have to send his Son.
If he knew those that would come,that would have been enough.

Active
So whether you realize it or not,you are saying we are predestined.

If God knew who would believe,he would not have to send his Son.
If he knew those that would come,that would have been enough.
No He just knows what we would do He didn't predestine us He allowed us to have free will n to Live how we chose regardless of what the outcome would be
He didn't decree we had to go to him He decreed we would have the freedom to choose to do so

Twistie :broken_heart:

Active
No He just knows what we would do He didn't predestine us He allowed us to have free will n to Live how we chose regardless of what the outcome would be
He didn't decree we had to go to him He decreed we would have the freedom to choose to do so

I agree with that.
But he didnt know i was coming til he saw me coming over the hill

Active

Predis
I agree with that.
Uh huh so the One You Follow is not All knowing??

If that is so we don't have the same Father...
Abba knew what I was gonna do but satan did not

Predestine you believe that people have no control over events because everything has already been decided by a power such as God or fate. YH allowed me the power to choose what I wanted n knew what I would choose My Father is all knowing....

Active
Predis

Uh huh so the One You Follow is not All knowing??

If that is so we don't have the same Father...
Abba knew what I was gonna do but satan did not

Predestine you believe that people have no control over events because everything has already been decided by a power such as God or fate. YH allowed me the power to choose what I wanted n knew what I would choose My Father is all knowing....

Maybe we could say,he chooses not to know.

My problem with what you and the others are saying is this:
If God knows who is coming and whos not,then why does the spirit strive with all men? Why convict and call someone he knows aint coming?

Thats all im saying

Active
Whats not to understand?
If he knows a person wont believe. Why send the Holy Spirit to call him? He says the Spirit calls and convicts EVERYONE. If he knows the boy down the street wont come. Why convict and call him? Sounds simple enough.

Active
I feel like a leper.
I just said i dont think Gods knows who is going to answer the call.
If he does then we are predestined and nothing you can do.
Lentz,

This is known as Open Theism, and don't let them bully you.

Rhema

( I can explain more in private if you wish, as even Nicodemus avoided the chattering prattle.)

Active
I know you do not understand me and my route and you will never be able to so and it is alright, don't forget I am not A christian and do not have Christian ways. So don't forget I am not like y'all,, like day is to night. and I am not hating and am not trying to be like a christian and don't want to be like one, So skip the evangelistic approach.

and treat me like a Unregenerate Pagan Or a devil, on the wild, and turning the world upside down and causing riots!

and tell GOD in your prayers "LORD, there is "A WILD BOAR" in Your Vineyards":sob:

You sound like a wild Christian ?

From my experience many look to the demonstration of the work of the Father as a lamb slain from the foundation of the world . The six days God did work creating substance by pronouncing words (let it be) all the work of creating was finished then . Cavalry a demonstration of the work not seen. . . . signs follow, the work of God .

On the last day under the Sun two books will be opened . One the book of life . Every name created as a testimony of his will . and another book the lambs book of eternal life every person born again from above.

Exodus 32:32-33Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

When compared the book of life will be empty as if never born in the first place ..

Predestination ...God spoke it His eternal will came to pass. Some murrur and say what about me..??? It must count for something.

Philippians 2:13-12 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Job reminds us God is of one mind and always does whatsoever His soul desires. ..he is not turned by dying mankind that has no power living in earthen bodies of death .

He either does all the work of creating new creatures or he does nothing .

Free will is to do the will that designed wills to be pleasing to Him .It's the kind of food the apostles as disciples knew not of ..The same food rejected in the garden of Eden questioning the revealed will . Did God say you will die. . . .you certainly will die not look at my beauty and live . why trust in the unsen things of God .

God alone makes our hearts soft with the water of the word..

Job 23:8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:

Who is it that makes your heart soft .. certainly not a WILD BOAR?

Staff Member
It's not hard to understand. The verse is about Jeremiah, and nobody else.
Dear Rhema,
You don't believe that if God knew Jeremiah in this way, that He couldn't or hasn't done so with everyone or anyone of His choosing?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

P.S. It's been a while but can you please let me know your Gender, so I can change your Bio to reflect the one you are. Thanks.
(Moderator)

Staff Member
I agree with that.
45 Philip went to look for Nathanael and told him, "We have found the very person Moses and the prophets wrote about! His name is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth." 46 "Nazareth!" exclaimed Nathanael. "Can anything good come from Nazareth?" "Come and see for yourself," Philip replied. 47 As they approached, Jesus said, "Now here is a genuine son of Israel--a man of complete integrity." 48 "How do you know about me?" Nathanael asked. Jesus replied, "I could see you under the fig tree before Philip found you." 49 Then Nathanael exclaimed, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God--the King of Israel!" John 1:45-59 NLT

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4 NLT

Oh, he knew Lentz that you were coming!!! Even before you decided you were going to walk up that hill and before your mom was even thinking of giving birth to you!! :)

We serve an awesome God, who is limited only by His own Holy Righteousness! Meaning, He cannot sin.

Think of God as having a scroll open that sees yesterday, today, and tomorrow all in the now. Then you will be open to scratching the surface to understanding the possibilities in Christ Jesus!

Why do you ask? How am i doubting his power? We are getting off out into the weeds now.
I just asked simply,if God knows the boy down the street will never come,why send the Holy Spirit to call him? Obviously he knows he wont come. Thats what your saying any way.

How do you know if the person who rejects Him is not the way another seeks Him? :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Staff Member
Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus,
You all know who this is meant for.
Please let's play nice.

Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
Dear Sister,
Thanks for the information, which I will take under consideration.
Better to wait until they respond to my query.
They could be contrary and decide they were male instead!

Nick
\o/
<><
Whether i fully agree with a person or not. It is always important to give credit to a well stated message, and of course, recognizing the intent of the sender.

Twistie's words so often touching. Ploughboy digging into a point. Curtis deep resounding thought. Lentz challenging, searching. Jonathan (reminds me sometimes of Stephen, the first martyred Christian) it is a long list of people here, each contributing, and all getting a bit carried away. Lol

What would you expect from God's children. Lol