• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How do I figure out Gods will for my life?

Loyal
How come Christians do not know this? Is it because they do not read their Bibles like they Should? God does not let His True Children walk in Blindness, neither does He let them wander around in the dark like unregenerated sinners! Now I will show you plainly Child of GOD, what the Book says, about The will of God is for You!

(1 Thessalonians 4).
3For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you. 7For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification.8Consequently, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

My Brothers and sisters in Christ, GOD is warning YOU! not sinners but christians! This is The Will of GOD for YOU!

Stop hunting for something , some man or woman or church teacher, is telling you to hunt for!

To easy for you? before you try,.............trying to witness or bring someone to Christ, Get "Holy" and "Sanctified" and Full of The Holy Ghost and be Prayed up 1st! Then you will understand, what's going on, in a "Sanctified" God Fearing lifestyle.

Now, is that clear enough? "How do I figure out Gods will for my life" or that is not good enough, and not big enough, to "Glorify GOD"? or do you have to find something greater to Magnify HIM? No.

You cannot do anything 'Greater" than what He has already commanded In (1 Thess. 4). His will for your life.:pensive:

Loyal
It really scares me to know his will, I have too much fear in me. Will God make it known?

God's will for your life should not be a frightening thing for you. Yes, God Will make it known to you. We know that something are His will -- reading God's Word and talking to Him frequently // finding a church that teaches God's Word and has outreach into the neighborhood. Getting involved with it. Sunday School / church. Of course in the world with COVID, that might be hard to do. But find services on-line. Obviously you have a computer in order to be on Forum

And there's Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean no on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."
And Psalm 119:105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path."

Obeying the local laws -- obvious , but lots of people have trouble with that.

Eat healthy -- get exercise -- be a clean person.

All these 'little' things lead to good habits.

Maybe His will for you includes breaking some bad habits. Or being honest / truthful. What we look at on the internet.

Loyal
New American Standard 1977
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Job 28:28
And He said to man, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding.'"

And Jesus Said:
4I tell you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after you have been killed, hasauthority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you,fear Him!
(Luke 12).BSB.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Now, You may choosen The One GOD who is to be feared. Or Choose the one Not to be feared. You Choose:eyes:

For I know The One I am going to choose:neutral: And when they line up, I know there are going to be a few with me,, but that is the number i will be in.

Active
It really scares me to know his will, I have too much fear in me. Will God make it
known?
It's probably best that you don't know God's will for your life than to know it and
not do it because that's even scarier.

Luke 12:47-48 . .That servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself,
neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that
knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.
_

It's probably best that you don't know God's will for your life than to know it and
not do it because that's even scarier.

Luke 12:47-48 . .That servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself,
neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that
knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.
_
exactly, I have a feeling God wants me do something I feel uncomfortable with, I'm still kind of confused about his will people say its to live a righteous life or he has a actually plan like being a preacher or prophet.

Loyal
@Godsangel -- it's not really that difficult to know God's Will for your life. And as it's been shared previously. There's no reason to be scared / frightened of what God's Will might be. He's not going to force you to do something you don't want to do or that's horrible or mean.

God -- the Holy Spirit guides us daily which becomes weekly which becomes, etc.

We do the basics -- reading God's Word -- talking to Him / praying -- getting together with other believers in a church that teaches God's Word.

In the 1st place -- have you personally accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. That is His first desire for everyone. Belief in your heart and confession -- thanking God for His salvation made possible through Jesus Christ. Accept Him as your personal SAvior. Then you'll know a peacefulness in your heart that hadn't been there before. That is the Holy Spirit coming to indwell you. And then you'll have a desire to read God's Word and to talk with Him.

The Holy Spirit Will put the desire in your heart to be 'something' -- no need to be afraid of it. It's a Good thing.

Active
people say its to live a righteous life or he has a actually plan like being a
preacher or prophet.
There are ambitious people pounding pulpits and teaching Sunday morning
Bible classes who see their positions as achievements. But they are setting
themselves up for a drubbing rather than an attaboy. So I suggest that you
not go down that road.

Jas 3:1 . . Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers,
because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
_

Loyal
@Beetow -- maybe it's the churches I've been around these past few years. But none of the pastors see themselves as ambitious people pounding pulpits / teaching and seeing themselves in a position of achievements -- they take their ministry very seriously.

Most men who go into the ministry have to have Bible college training. That takes time and money. And that person Is held to a higher standard morally / Scripturally -- people are looking to them for a Godly example to follow.

It really scares me to know his will, I have too much fear in me. Will God make it known?
“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (KJV 1900)

So what you are doing is God's will for your life presently.

Lord, thou wilt ordain Peace for us: For thou also hast wrought all our works in us.Isaiah 26:12 (KJV 1900)

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.Hebrews 13:21 (KJV 1900)

Are you sinning? God cures us of sin by chastising us.

“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son [daughter] whom he receiveth.” Hebrews 12:6 (KJV 1900)

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

So you might sin for a while, but God will save you from it.

How do you know you are doing God's will. You are if all you do is motivated by love.

Loyal
@Dave L. -- I'm going to challenge some of that a little. The passage of 1 John 3:9 Does say what it says. However. 1 John 1: 7 - 9 "The blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin -- yes, And "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleans us from all unrighteousness." and vs 8 says "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

We All have the propensity for sin in us. For some it would be some 'little' sin like having a bad attitude towards the neighbors dog that barks and keeps you awake. and others it would be committing 1st degree, premeditated murder.
No one has to teach a toddler to be selfish or punch another child. It comes naturally -- they have to be taught to play nicely. They need to be taught to share a toy.

God Does love us so He Does chastise us. Does that make us perfect? No. Any more than chastizing our children makes Them perfect. I raised 4 of them. Sometimes they learn fairly quickly and sometimes it takes a while to learn that a 10 pm cerfew Means be inside by 10 pm and not 10:15 or 10:30. Does that mean that from then on -- they won't ever sin again? No. Chances are they will get disturbed with the slow driver ahead of them who takes too long to start up after the red light has turned to green.

And some will say -- Is getting disturbed Really a Sin? Well -- a very even tempered person would say Yes and a person with a temper would say NO. If the Holy Spirit convicts you that it IS, then acknowledge that and ask forgiveness.

And "this" will probably sound harsh , but, to tell someone that what they are doing 'now' is God's Will for them -- well -- 'we' don't know that. Depends on what they're doing. Going to church Must be okay as well as reading your Bible -- UNLESS you are working a job and it's your turn to work that Sunday and you only work a 4 hr shift so you don't get a break To read your Bible, but you are propping it up to read between customers. Your boss will Probably say that you work while you're scheduled to and put that book away.

Anyway --just sharing some thoughts.

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (KJV 1900)

So what you are doing is God's will for your life presently.

Lord, thou wilt ordain Peace for us: For thou also hast wrought all our works in us.Isaiah 26:12 (KJV 1900)

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.Hebrews 13:21 (KJV 1900)

Are you sinning? God cures us of sin by chastising us.

“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son [daughter] whom he receiveth.” Hebrews 12:6 (KJV 1900)

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

So you might sin for a while, but God will save you from it.

How do you know you are doing God's will. You are if all you do is motivated by love.
Thanks that was beautiful.

Active
maybe it's the churches I've been around these past few years. But none of
the pastors see themselves as ambitious people pounding pulpits / teaching
and seeing themselves in a position of achievements -- they take their
ministry very seriously.
I re-checked post No.9 and couldn't find where I alleged that they're all
achievers; every one.

And that person Is held to a higher standard morally / Scripturally
I stated as much in post No.9 by quoting Jas 3:1; but I guess there's no
harm in your reiterating something that's already been said in a previous
comment.

I used to work with a welder who had a habit of echoing things people had
only just told him as if he thought of it himself. He was really comical, and
honestly unaware he was doing that.
_

Active
Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Christians aren't sinless, they just sin less.

Active
I re-checked post No.9 and couldn't find where I alleged that they're all
achievers; every one.

I stated as much in post No.9 by quoting Jas 3:1; but I guess there's no
harm in your reiterating something that's already been said in a previous
comment.

I used to work with a welder who had a habit of echoing things people had
only just told him as if he thought of it himself. He was really comical, and
honestly unaware he was doing that.
_
He probably repeated what they said to him so he could have it committed to memory. Not to take credit for it.

Loyal
exactly, I have a feeling God wants me do something I feel uncomfortable with, I'm still kind of confused about his will people say its to live a righteous life or he has a actually plan like being a preacher or prophet.
God sees your potential and has plans for you that He KNOWS you will love to do. The problem is that right now, you simply arent ready for whatever those plans are. God wont force you to do anything against your will. He may may try to help you see that your fears are unfounded though, like any father would, trying to help his beloved child. Whatever you think He may want you to do, may not be what He wants you to do, or if He does want you to do it, He would only let you do the least bit of it, just so that you can see what its like, and decide for yourself if you want it.

Active
There's been times during my twenty-three plus years of internet forum activity
when I've encountered people wanting to know what they're supposed to do now
that they decided to become a Christian.

A mega Baptist church that I attended back in the decade of the 1970's had a
discipleship program that incorporated an outreach booklet called "The Four
Spiritual Laws
" authored in 1952 by Campus Crusade for Christ founder Dr. Bill
Bright.

Those guidelines are helpful as far as they go, but they're pretty elementary and in
my opinion inadequate for taking Christ's believing followers to infinity and beyond,
so to speak.

Some years ago, just for the fun of it, I set out compiling a home-spun catalogue of
Christ's instructions from the new Testament that apply to all his followers
regardless of denominational affiliation. In time I realized that his instructions,
accompanied by a little commentary, would make a pretty good how-to handbook.

I chose to start in the book of Acts because that's pretty much where Christ's
apostles began telling his believing followers what to do in accord with the Lord's
instructions as per Matt 28:19-20.

To access my hand book, click the link.

Christ's Ways
_

Loyal
@Beetow -- after skimming through your handbook -- why not just encourage people to read their Bible for themselves. And then -- as they have a question -- they can approach their pastor or get together with a Christian friend.