• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Help me feel again

I always try to be a good person helping others as a christian, but where does that end me always worse off. I know we pay by our actions but what actions have I done to deserve the treatment i get. Will I ever learn why do when someone hurts me or steals from me or brakes promises that I only help them again to be hurt again.My heart is empty I dont feel anything, my head is confused, I can hardly see from sore eyes due to tears. How do I gain feelings again..how do I get my heart back??

Last edited:
To start..

Popples said:
My heart is empty I dont feel anything, my head is confused, I can hardly see from sore eyes due to tears. How do I gain feelings again..how do I get my heart back??

To start, can you tell us what has made you feel so empty, sister, and God is not the author of CONFUSSION, so you can know it is not from him.

Gwenny you edited right after calling me. . .please call back from whereever you are . . .i emailed you . . .Eric is looking for you too :love: Dont push us away :love: come back :love: I love you sissy :love: Allow yourself to be comforted by the ones that love and care :love: Hope to talk soon :love: God bless you and protect you babe :love:

Popples said:
I always try to be a good person helping others as a christian, but where does that end me always worse off. I know we pay by our actions but what actions have I done to deserve the treatment i get. Will I ever learn why do when someone hurts me or steals from me or brakes promises that I only help them again to be hurt again.My heart is empty I dont feel anything, my head is confused, I can hardly see from sore eyes due to tears. How do I gain feelings again..how do I get my heart back??

:love: I know life can be hard sometimes. Especially, when loved ones take us for granted. We like to think that out of all the kindness & time we show them, will cause them to treat us with some respect - just to find out - they only take more avantage of us - not considering that maybe they're hurting our feelings. I think that every body goes through such thing - sometime in their lives. The great thing for you is you have GOD! I say this because, not everyone does. You can turn to GOD & know HE will hear your prayers where as others who don't think it so important to whorship GOD wont be as close to GOD as you are & therefore have no-one to take away their fears & heart ahes. You on the other hand can go straight to GOD & HE will comfort you. Prayer is the key right now! Go to HIM now & I too, will be praying for you.

Below is a message I would like to share with you. I don't know if it will help you out in anyway, but I hope it does.

Some people tell lies & to poke fun at others who are serious! But then again life is full of people that want to hurt others - some
find it funny & others do it because they to are hurting as well. Some people even ge angry at God - I know how you feel - I too, have felt that way at one time in my life & I was serious, too!So serious that I wanted to end my life! So, I to went to The Almighty God in prayer & cried myself to sleep. The next morning I gave some thought to my life & realized that before I just through my life away - why not at least give The
Almighty God a chance! Why not open my Holy Bible & read what The Almighty God has to say & start living according to what HE wants us
to live. I started my solo Bible studying that day - just me The Almighty God & Jesus Christ. I am a happier person since then & that
was around 5 years ago.
IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - THE HOLY BIBLE
How can one expect The Almighty God to work in their life if they don't do as HE says.
*genesis!:love:

Popples said:
:love: Sometimes in life we all get our feelings hurt. It's a fact of life that we go through. We may feel it unfair - but, being Christians we come to realize that we are living in a unfair world. When the going gets to rough for us to handle, we need to go to GOD in prayer. Not just to ask for HIS guidance, but also for strenghth. If we are faced with something feel we can not handle, we need to go to HIM & HE will help us manage through it. Unforently Satan will do what ever he can to discourage us. And if he knows our week spots he's going to play on them. Who ever is hurting you or steals from you or brakes promises {telling you lies} is doing Satan's work {whether he/she realizes this or not} I can picture Jesus or The Almighty GOD saying this to you: "Be patent my child, I AM here for you. And I will lift away your pain if you ask me to. But you must ask me to." {John 14:13-17, John 15:7, John 16:23} GOD understands our griefs & hardships, for HE can see what man is up to. Don't for get that {wicked} man has hurt the The Almighty GOD'S Feelings in the past, as we read in *Genesis 6:6 And it repented Jehovah that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.* So,therefore GOD knows & understands how you feel. But, we must be strong & remeber, too, we are here for a purpose. And GOD has chosen you! John 15:16Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

You shouldn't be geting hurt.

I would have replied sooner but I didn't realize that you had edited your post until now.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt. 5:44-48

You shouldn't be geting hurt. I know it isn't easy but when we give exspecting to recieve back is not part of God's plan for us to practice. We are to help others because it is the right thing to do not to recieve a reward from them. In God's righteousness, he will reward us but not for doing what is our duty, but because he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

It can be rewarding at times, helping others but we should not exspect it or seek after it.

We should be exceedingly glad that God has blessed us in away that we could help someone else.

Have you've given up everything to follow JESUS. See what JESUS told the disciples who asked him what their reward would be since they left everything to follow him.

Matthew 19:27-30

The simplicity of geting your heart back is not geting it back with a selfish attitude which many of us, including me, have had before, but geting it back with the correct attitudes.

I suggest you study, the Beatitudes,(Matthew 5:1-etc.), and seek out every question that comes to your mind while doing so.

Popples said:

Last edited:
Awesomely said Yesua!

Awesomely said Yeshua! I was gona come back with that scripture. Matthew 5:44"but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you;"
:love:
*My Dear Popples, I can only hope & pray {and prayed for you I did} that these Scriptures will send you the message that you need. I asked The Almighty GOD through our Beloved Savior Christ Jesus, to help to me get a message {from HIM} to you & I believe HE did.:love: Here are a few more scriptures to meditate on, below::love:

Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 *but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. {*but they that wait for Jehovah...American Standard Isaiah 40:31}

Isaiah 41:10 NIV
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Suffering for Doing Good
1 Peter 3:8-9 NIV
8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Galatians 6:9
9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Leviticus 19:17-18 NIV
17 " 'Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt.
18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. *I am the LORD. {*"I am Jehovah." - American Standard: Leviticus 19:18}

Last edited by a moderator:
Administrator
Staff Member
I have gone through this also. As a matter of a fact, a very minor but good example is what happened to me the other night. I walked out to my car to go to a local bookstore. As I was walking to my car I see a lady who was walking by in the neighborhood. She looked fine, healthy, not poor, not hungry (in her appearance, not starving that is). She looked just fine. As soon as she noticed me walking she decided to walk over to me with her baggage she had. She first started off by asking if I knew of any malls around the area and she was out of town. Well, I told her about a local mall. I figured this was all she needed. Then she asked if I could call the taxi.

I called for a taxi and kindly waited for him to arrive (in NY, I will not allow any stranger in my car regardless). About 10 minutes later the taxi arrived. About 1 minute before he arrived, she said "the taxi is free right?"? I really wanted to yell at her because that was just plain sick to my stomach. I told her politely, no. I was trying to now ward her off my property because I knew in my spirit something was wrong. My parents pulled up and she started talking to my dad. My father gave her $10 for the taxi. Taxi pulls up, she gets in and now I'm free to finally go to the bookstore. I pull out and start driving. What do I notice? She got out of the taxi cab down the block! She has $10 free cash, and a few bucks I gave her from my coin bin in my car. I knew something was wrong the whole time and finally saw the proof. For one thing I learned, never trust strangers and don't hand out money like it rains free on your head.

Its one thing to be generous to those in genuine need (the poor, the hungry, the ones you know closely as well and can trust). Its another thing to assume the tears in a stranger's eyes are real. Not even close. This is not the only time this has happened to me and happened a few other times. It makes you want to throw up that someone would pull such an evil thing on those who feed them. Sickening.

However, as GOD tells us in Mattew 5:44-48 we need to pray for them. Apparently they don't care for their wicked ways and need prayer more than they can comprehend or even admit to.

Sister, GOD loves you and understands all our hurts more than we understand them. That in itself is a great relief in you meditate on the thought. After all, a perfect sinless man whose name was and is Jesus Christ was GOD Himself in our form , human. He took the eternal punishment upon Himself. Those included persecutions, disregard, hate, etc. The list goes on. Praise GOD for peace in Christ through all our hard times.

Matthew 5:14
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

John 15:19
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Matthew 10:16
[ Persecutions Are Coming ] “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

2 Corinthians 12:10
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Awesomely said, Chad! Awesomely said! And the Scriptures are awesome, too! And right to the point!

Last edited:
Popples said:
Popples,

You are a new Christian, but you are experiencing the same stuff you experienced before becoming a Christian. That is because you are still living in the same world among the same people; and apparently you haven't yet become part of a community of Christians in a church where you can grow spiritually. You are not yet surrounded by truly loving believers.

Chat rooms and message boards are great, but you absolutely must be in a church where small group participation is encouraged and you must get into one of those small groups. There you will find the training and support you need. Nothing beats face-to-face fellowship with other believers in a small group setting when it comes to maturing as a Christian.

Jonah2005 said:
Awesomely said Yeshua! I was gona come back with that scripture. Matthew 5:44"but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you;"

Thanks for saying so Jonah2005, you have been an inspiring help to many here at Talk-Jesus as well.

I received this in my Yahoo E-mail from another Christian group that I am a member of. I liked the she put it. It's a bunch of small Scriptures - all in one, message. And Popples, it reminded me of you. :love:

THE LOVE OF GOD

The LORD, HE it is that doth go before thee;
HE will be with thee, HE will not fail thee.

If THY presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself;
it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and
he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be
utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with HIS hand.
I am continually with thee: THOU hast holden me by my right hand. THOU shalt guide me with THY counsel, and afterward receive
me to glory. I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life,
nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present,
nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other
creature, shall be able to separate us from the Love of GOD,
which is in CHRIST JESUS our LORD

AMEN and AMEN