• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

help believeing in prayer

Hello
I am trying to learn more about living a good life. I am reading lots of the old posts here all over the forum every night. I just read and read.
I want to beleieve God replies to praying and have read some very positve posts today that make me happy and help me believe.
Please can you pray that I will believe more.
I have everything in life except real hapiness which I chasethe wrong way.
I know there is more than life to what I have right now and I hope this site will hep me find it. The person who led me here has been going through awful suffering and illness in family but seesm so calm and at peace always singing and saying prayers and it is that kind of peace right inside that I wish to find. Im trying to pray for that little family too.
Thank you.
ML

God is calling for your heart :love:

He wants you on His team, COMPLETELY!

Give in . . .Give IN :love:

Follow your desire to meet that God, our maker of the universe, our God from the old and new testament, our God, who loved us first :love:

Give in and be renewed!

Trust Him and gain life!

Loose your controll and have a grip on your life with Gods help for the first time ever!

Accept Jesus and what He did for you and you will find a man who wants to love you forever :love:

He will never disappoint you!

He will never make you cry!

He will always be satisfying your needs!

He is perfect, and wants to share with US :love:

God bless you mackemlady, I pray for strenght for you for ONE day, TODAY!

Staff Member
Psalm 37:4-5 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

His name is Jesus Christ.

Bless you mackem lady ....><>

Br. Bear

ps.. perhaps the person you mention knows this verse, which I encourage you to take to your heart in faith and each day decide to desire only Jesus as your light and life....

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Jesus is Beautiful, He is Lord

thank you. this has made me very emotional. perhaps some real feelings for once
Please tell me more. I need to believe and get this inside myself> God answers prayers I see from readin here but how do I really believe it How do people have such peace when there loved ones is sufferiing so bad. thats the peace I need.
How can people smile and sing and be happy when you see thiere lives torn by illness. How do they know their prayers are going to be answered. How can I start to beleive this.
I want to shout tell me more about it all please.
thanks

ML

good choice. . .

I like your avatar you picked. . . you are truly expressing your life and feelings with it. . .good choice . . thank you for the reminder what Jesus is for us . . .He came to save us.. .Merry Christ-mas :love:

ML The first step that you have to do is believe in your heart and not just in your head that God answers prayers.

Proverbs3 :5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

.Know that he can change you and forgive EVERY sin that you ask him too

1John 1:9 (NIV)

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (sin)

.That he took on pain and suffering and sin upon the cross

Isaiah 53:5(New International Version)

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, (sins)
he was crushed for our iniquities; (wickedness)
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

He did that so that we can have eternal (which is longer than forever) life in Heaven with him,

John 3:16-17

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

If you believe in your heart that he died for your sins and you pray asking God to forgive you and cleanse your heart from sin......you will find the peace that God brings

Then you need to have faith that God can do anything but fail........the bible says he can even move mountains .

If he can do that he can heal your daughter......sometimes though he chooses not to heal people right away so that he can reach the unreachable...or for other unknown reasons that we will find out in heaven.......but that dosen't mean we should give up hope that God will never heal us.

I have 2 autistic children and God told me in a dream that he was not going to heal my children right away because he had a special plan for them and for my husband and I.

I believe he wants me to help others who are struggleing with special needs children and one of the ways is through my writing childrens stories.

God has already told me that he has a special plan for my Autistic children and that healing is not in his immediate plans.......It dosen't mean he will never heal.

I am not saying that God isn't going to heal your daughter ......he will just hold on to that faith.

It may take weeks days ,months and forgive me for saying this years but if you hold onto that faith even when it is weak and it seems no end to the pain you will find peace.

If others feel I am wrong they have the right to say so but I hope I have given you some comfort.,,,or God has.

Staff Member
....for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able
to keep that which I have committed
unto Him against that day....
2 Timothy 1:12

Dear mackem lady

You ask how people believe in prayer......how people have peace in suffering.
It is down to one very beautiful person
The Lord Jesus Christ.
He can be trusted with every single part of our life and soul.
He loves you. He wants you. He cares for you.

I am trusting Thee, Lord, Jesus,
Trusting only Thee;
Trusting Thee for full salvation,
Great and free.

I am trusting Thee for pardon;
At Thy feet I bow;
For Thy grace and tender mercy,
Trusting now.

I am trusting Thee for cleansing
In the crimson flood;
Trusting Thee to make me holy
By Thy blood.

I am trusting Thee to guide me;
Thou alone shalt lead;
Every day and hour supplying
All my need.

I am trusting Thee for power,
Thine can never fail;
Words which Thou Thyself shalt give me
Must prevail.

I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus;
Never let me fall;
I am trusting Thee forever,
And for all.*

You are in my prayers mackem lady and I will help you in any way that I possibly can
The Lord bless you,
you are loved

Julia

Come unto me and I will give you rest
Matthew 11:28

Francis Havergal 1874*

thank you. this has made me very emotional. perhaps some real feelings for once
Please tell me more. I need to believe and get this inside myself> God answers prayers I see from readin here but how do I really believe it How do people have such peace when there loved ones is sufferiing so bad. thats the peace I need.
How can people smile and sing and be happy when you see thiere lives torn by illness. How do they know their prayers are going to be answered. How can I start to beleive this.
I want to shout tell me more about it all please.
thanks

ML

I would just like to respond to your question about believing.
I have had many friends ask me that exact question "How can I believe, how can I be so happy......when so many horrible things were/are going on in my life"?

Sometimes, I want to say "How can I not believe?" but I know they won't understand. I believe because my Lord, Jesus Christ has never, not once ever forsaken me, disappointed me or left me to suffer the consequences of my own sins.

I could tell you story after story of miracles in my life that I know without doubt are from God. If you'd like to hear some of my testimonies, I'd be happy to share them with you.

One of my friends was complimenting me yesterday for being not only the head of the household but the spiritual leader as a single parent for two challenged children and never giving up. The truth is, it's God who never gave up on me. I go through dark times but through it all I always know that I will come out of it stronger, wiser and happier then ever before.

As I try to type this it's almost impossible to find the words to explain what happens when you give your life to God completely. It's like a momentum that comes from your faith that drives you and as you grow in the Lord it increases. The absolute key to it is keeping your eyes on Jesus and filling yourself up with His word.

He gives us peace........
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" John 14:27

I hope that helps and I will pray for you!!!!!!!!

Thank you for these replies. they are helpful. I really want to find this peace within and to beieve that praying works. Its like I have met people who pray and they seem to have something special as you people on here do. How do I get it really into my heart and have it.
Please tell me more about how Jesus is so real in your lives. god seems so far away. am I too wicked for him to want me again.
Like in the words of a writer, Im not waving but drowning.

ML

Thanx for your message Holly Hobbie I dont have a daughter though think you are gettin me mixed up. Your post was still helping me

Hello Mackem Lady!

Look at yourself in the mirror and say 'JESUS LOVES ME! HE CREATED ME! I AM UNIQUE AND I HAVE WORTH! I AM BEAUTIFUL!'

Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

God changes the things that satan tries to use for our bad into something for our GOOD!

God wants you to see what He sees when He looks at you. Don't believe the llies satan tells you.

The TRUTH shall set you free. What is the TRUTH? Jesus is the TRUTH! Learn what HE says and replace what satan has spoken with the TRUTH!

A friend, Tina, at my church told her praise report last night. Her sister, Vicki, had a test months ago and the doctors found two black spots on her colon. Then, she had another test just a few days ago. NO BLACK SPOTS! God HEALED her!

God heals through doctors and medicine, too. Sometimes it is miraculous like Vicki's. Either way we know it was God! Praise Him!

Hi there ML

God bless you with great wisdom and patience and understanding in Jesus name. Holy Spirit thank you for working in our sister, thank you that a heart that cries out to get closer to God you never abandon, thank you for leading and guiding our sister into ALL truth and for making God's will known to her in Jesus name amen John 16:13

My sister God has given to all of us a measure of faith, we all have that mustard seed of faith already in us, water it, by reading God's word ALOT, but audibly so that you yourself can HEAR the word and that tiny little mustard seed WILL begin to grow into the hugest strongest tree you ever did see, you will GROW into a person that sings and praises God almighty in the midst of trial and tribulation. Romans 10:17

You can go as far as quick as you want with God, whenever you come across a scripture that you can personalise...do it, and you can with most of them i.e.

Phill 4:19 God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory
you say: I believe your word Father and thank you that you supply ALL MY needs according to your riches in glory in Jesus name amen

Psalm 112:1 Praise the Lord. Blessed is the man that fears the Lord and that delights greatly in his commandments.
You say:- thank you for the faith already in me Father and by that faith i declare that i do praise you Lord. I am blessed because I do fear the Lord and I delight greatly in your commandments in Jesus name amen.

I am sure you get the gist of it by now. The bible was written so that humans can get to know God better, it is your personal guide on HOW TO BUILD a living relationship with Jesus Christ who lives forevermore.

Consider yourself already begun on your journey my precious sister.

I would just like to know, are you born again?

God loved you while you were still in your mother's womb and even long long before that and you are truly very very very special and precious to God because He is your creator and He said that you should be alive at this time on the earth and here you are seeking Him who made you, you will surely surely find Him. God bless you all over.

Much love
beam

Staff Member
Jesus loves a mess.... for then He is perfected in restoring such unto Himself.

He did that in me and many here, especially those who are replying to your posts, mackem lady.

mackem lady, I will continue to pray for you, that His joy might be in you and give you His perfect peace, for Jesus is the Prince of Peace, whom we know and have been reconciled to by His blood, by the offering of His life, for us, and it is only in Him we can have the joy and love you seek.

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.
For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we Him no more.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

2Corinthians 5:10-21

please help. i am scared i have comited the sin that cant be forgiven beause I thiknk bad thouhts that just wont stop coming in my head. i am such a mess. i try but I cannot seem to change.

thank you ML

Matthew 12:31
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

This is what I found as the sin that shall not be forgiven.

Having bad thoughts, is anyone's sin. I know I have them, but like the saying goes (I hope I get this right lol) "You can let that bird fly over your head; just don't let it nest in your hair". The thoughts will come, but don't let them stay. Speak out loud verses from the Bible.

Read Isaiah 55. Jeremiah 29:11. Hebrews 4:12.

Thoughts...evil thoughts come from the heart. You need to have a change of heart so the evil thoughts don't come. They will still come because satan is a deceiver, lair, slanderer! And though he is a loser, he never seems to figure that out. He won't give up. He'll try everything and anything to get to you.

You need to speak with your voice the Word of God! You need to place it inside of you...in your mind, your heart! Use Words from The Word of God to break the chain of evil thoughts and things satan has been telling you.

Satan loves to see us wiggle and set apart from God and fellow believers because we are then easy prey for him. There are verses in the Bible that can help you with this. To change your heart. I'll see if I can find them if you would like them. Mostly they talk about God changing our hearts because we can't do it ourselves. We say 'Here is my heart, Jesus. Change it so I can be like You'. And He will!

If you have any questions about the verses of scripture I gave you, please ask. I am sure someone here would be of help. I know that I am not all-knowing about the Scripture. Ask God to open your eyes, your ears, your mind, your heart to what He wants you to understand and know. He won't let you down.

Don't listen to satan's lies. He'll tell you that you are too far gone. That God's arm doesn't reach you. That's a lie! If you need to, rebuke satan. :) He won't like it. Tough! Sometimes I have to rebuke satan under my breath (since I'm in a public place and I'd rather not have people staring at me. I know I might need to work on that one! lol).

Put some praise and worship music on. Sing to God. Satan hates that! And I don't care if he does! Don't let satan have one foot into your live. Kick him out!

Have people in your church, if you have one (I forget if you said you did or not) pray with you about this, laying their hands on you. Have some people who you trust and know to pray for you all day every day. There will be a time where this becomes easier.

As you can see, I don't like hearing about satan getting the 'win' in people's lives where, if they have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, they have the authority to tell satan who he is and where he should go! Jesus bought us with a price! Jesus gave us the power to conqueror satan...BUT by Jesus' Power and Blood alone...not ours!

I'm a Conqueror because JESUS set me Free!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyou for the answer giggles but these thoughts jump in my head from nowhere and i cant get them out or to stop and some are very bad against God.

i am scared of dying. terrifyed at thinkingof hell.

i drink alcohol to make me calmer. i shout at people.

i caant stop the wicked thoughts.

how do i please do it.

ML

Hi Lady from one Lady to another

"Now I'm turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends.
Acts 20:32 The Message

Mackem,

Most of us are confronted with thoughts we condemn. It is difficult to stop these thoughts, but the true sin lies in if you indulge in them. Pray for a clear mind and try to not be too hard on yourself. Remember Jesus died to take that weight away. If you need help on prayer there is a great book to read; it's a quick and easy read. "Lord Help Me Pray" I forget the author.