• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Healing of the physical

Do you believe all physical infirmaties can be healed on this earth if you have faith?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Loyal
I do believe that faith can aid in the healing of others physically and certainly spiritually. But it usually involves healing of others and not self. Plus I believe that its in the best interest of ourselves spiritually that sometimes its better to suffer infirmities than to be less compassionate toward others because we dont suffer. Christ suffered for us and and although He asked the father "if any other way be possible, can my suffering be reduced" (more or less this, in the garden of Gethsemenie), and God simply gave Jesus grace to get through it, but suffer greatly He did.

Staff Member
Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. 1 Peter 4:1

When you’re very sick for a prolonged period of time, your suffering strips you down to the bare basics of existence. You no longer care to indulge in pleasurable activity—whether it’s sex, parties, delicious food, or amusing pastimes. Your pain and suffering loom so large in your mind that you can think of little else. The bible talks of this when it describes people who “loathed all food and drew near the gates of death” (Psalm 107:18).

When you lose your tight grip even a desire for life, and all your ambitions and dreams are no longer important to you, you’re approaching the state God wants you to be in. Now finally, you begin to grasp what Jesus was talking about when He said, “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:25). As you approach the gates of death, you understand eternal truths and values much better.

The Psalms say, “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees” (Psalm 119:71), and difficult as it is to go through prolonged suffering, it can be a very enriching and eye-opening experience.

Staff Member
I do believe that faith can aid in the healing of others physically and certainly spiritually. But it usually involves healing of others and not self. Plus I believe that its in the best interest of ourselves spiritually that sometimes its better to suffer infirmities than to be less compassionate toward others because we dont suffer. Christ suffered for us and and although He asked the father "if any other way be possible, can my suffering be reduced" (more or less this, in the garden of Gethsemenie), and God simply gave Jesus grace to get through it, but suffer greatly He did.

Greetings,

good points Brad.
I noticed our Brother Nick posted something which touches on this subject that you have raised here.

Done with Sin

I shall post it below.

Bless you ....><>

EDIT: Looks like it posted above instead of below! Sorry for any confusion ....><>

Loyal
That seems to be a depressing outlook on Christianity to me. Sometimes God uses physical afflictions t punish people. Sometimes He disciplines people.
But Jesus didn't come so that we could have life, and life more ...tolerantly of pain". He came so that could be set free (of sin to be sure) but also physical ailments
sicknesses and pain. God doesn't "want" us to live in pain and suffering.... He allows it to happen because of our choices. But He He also allows us to be healed
because of choices. Whether God heals us spiritually, physically, mentally or otherwise... God heals! If He can't heal us physically, how do we know He can heal us in
any other way? Why do we try so hard to limit God's power?

When the Kingdom of God comes... it comes with power. ( Mark 9:1; Luke 9:1; Acts 1:8; Acts 6:8; Rom 15:19; 1 Cor 2:4; 1 Cor 4:20; etc...
anytime the gospel was preached in the Bible it was accompanied by signs and wonders and power. Everywhere Jesus and the apostle went... people
were healed. The lame walked, the blind see... the dead are raised. This is what gave much the gospel validity. Even the Pharisees could not deny it.

The reason the church no longer has any sway or listeners in the world today.... is because no one is afraid of it anymore.
If Christians don't believe God has the power to do anything about the way things are... why should the world believe it?

Loyal
That seems to be a depressing outlook on Christianity to me. Sometimes God uses physical afflictions t punish people. Sometimes He disciplines people.
But Jesus didn't come so that we could have life, and life more ...tolerantly of pain". He came so that could be set free (of sin to be sure) but also physical ailments
sicknesses and pain. God doesn't "want" us to live in pain and suffering.... He allows it to happen because of our choices. But He He also allows us to be healed
because of choices. Whether God heals us spiritually, physically, mentally or otherwise... God heals! If He can't heal us physically, how do we know He can heal us in
any other way? Why do we try so hard to limit God's power?

When the Kingdom of God comes... it comes with power. ( Mark 9:1; Luke 9:1; Acts 1:8; Acts 6:8; Rom 15:19; 1 Cor 2:4; 1 Cor 4:20; etc...
anytime the gospel was preached in the Bible it was accompanied by signs and wonders and power. Everywhere Jesus and the apostle went... people
were healed. The lame walked, the blind see... the dead are raised. This is what gave much the gospel validity. Even the Pharisees could not deny it.

The reason the church no longer has any sway or listeners in the world today.... is because no one is afraid of it anymore.
If Christians don't believe God has the power to do anything about the way things are... why should the world believe it?

Do you know anyone personally who heals everyone who walks in their shadow or touching them and speaking one sentence and they are fully healed? Not including television.

Loyal
Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. 1 Peter 4:1

When you’re very sick for a prolonged period of time, your suffering strips you down to the bare basics of existence. You no longer care to indulge in pleasurable activity—whether it’s sex, parties, delicious food, or amusing pastimes. Your pain and suffering loom so large in your mind that you can think of little else. The bible talks of this when it describes people who “loathed all food and drew near the gates of death” (Psalm 107:18).

When you lose your tight grip even a desire for life, and all your ambitions and dreams are no longer important to you, you’re approaching the state God wants you to be in. Now finally, you begin to grasp what Jesus was talking about when He said, “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:25). As you approach the gates of death, you understand eternal truths and values much better.

The Psalms say, “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees” (Psalm 119:71), and difficult as it is to go through prolonged suffering, it can be a very enriching and eye-opening experience.
Churchianity doctrines...But they do NOT line up with the Word. Sorry guys.

Loyal
Do you know anyone personally who heals everyone who walks in their shadow or touching them and speaking one sentence and they are fully healed? Not including television.
Yes! I have seen it often. If you want to believe the Word you will see healing. It was done for us two thousand years ago.
1 Pete 2:24 By Jesus stripes you WERE healed. Believe your churchianity doctrines or believe the Word. You get to choose

Staff Member
Greetings,

does anyone remember the Scripture where it says 'if any of you be sick, let him call the elders....'

while healing is not being thrown out the door, we can also see that being sick does happen. Did the Scripture say to lick your wounds? or simply believe it is God's will? NO.
However, it does acknowledge that sickness can occur and what a wonderful instruction we have to go to the Lord in our sick state... but it is not spelled out in black and white terms here. Who are the Members of the Body? I think elders are, in fact I am quite sure they are.
As Christians, are we representing Christ as His Body? So, if we do call for the elders, are we not calling for the Lord in our time of need, doing it His way, not ours?

So, while it can appear to be loose to be somewhat refreshed in affliction because we can see more of Jesus and less of ourselves, it does not have to be.

and if we add such an enriching time to being healed, well, how wonderful is the way of the Lord?

Likewise, we would be foolish to deny that any illness ever occurred with any Christians in Scripture. Does that mean that healing does not and can not happen? NO. But it does mean that we can find something from the Lord in the Scripture to help us keep a level head on us about the whole topic of healing.
In fact, all healing is to bring glory to the name of God in Jesus Christ the Lord. So, somehow, illness and sickness can fit in with His purpose. I think we can forget that we are not His purpose above Himself and His name.
I have yet to read in Scripture where we are to glorify our name. Sadly, often when healing happens, which it does, too many forget to give God ALL the glory and somehow like others to know they are healers or at least have a healing gift or ministry or the like.
Does that mean healing is done away with.... NO.

Let us slow down a little before we devour one another... which is rather counter productive to healing, is it not?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
We do get sick Mr Bear. And thats another reason to praise God. We get an opportunity to see His Grace. We are healed by His empowering presence in us. By Jesus stripes we were healed..and we get to see it! Don't you just love that?

Staff Member
Greetings,

I was thinking about why Paul (?) said to call the elders. Why do you think he said that?
Methinks it might help to find out.
As well as being men with a proven track record in doing right in all manner of the Christian walk, could it be anything to do with who they we to visit? (compared to the many healings that we read about)

something to chew over,

Bless you ....><>

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: James 5:14

Loyal

Yes. In fact several times. Not the shadow one. But the speaking sentence, praying one pray, or laying on of hands one time. Absolutely yes. Inclusing myself.
My wife who had stage 4 cancer. (has none now). I man I knew wheelchair bound most all of his life can now walk. Yes I've seen it.
Numerous other people at other times.

Why do we build doctrines upon our experiences rather than what the Bible says? i.e... I tried it... it didn't happen.. therefore God can't do it.
There have been times nothing happened to be sure. There have been times it didn't happen immediately... but does that mean God can't do it?

Staff Member
Greetings brothers

May I just ask a couple of questions....please forgive the simplicity of the questions Iam just trying to gain a little more understanding of what is being said

@B-A-C it is wonderful to hear that your wife was healed from stage 4 cancer. Praise the Lord.
Was the healing without any medical intervention.......what people would call a miracle healing?
Or was it a combination of prayer and praise for treatments to work and be successful?

@Bendito is the part that you see as "churchianity" the "not believing" we are already healed.

@Br. Bear it is an interesting to consider the verse "call upon the elders" In New Testament days there were guidelines as to who could be elders. In these wishy washy church days it seems that in many churches "anything goes". There may not even be any elders....there seem to be deacons, deaconess's, pastors.....so what happens then?

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Hebrews 13:8

Loyal
Greetings brothers

May I just ask a couple of questions....please forgive the simplicity of the questions Iam just trying to gain a little more understanding of what is being said

@B-A-C it is wonderful to hear that your wife was healed from stage 4 cancer. Praise the Lord.
Was the healing without any medical intervention.......what people would call a miracle healing?
Or was it a combination of prayer and praise for treatments to work and be successful?

@Bendito is the part that you see as "churchianity" the "not believing" we are already healed.

@Br. Bear it is an interesting to consider the verse "call upon the elders" In New Testament days there were guidelines as to who could be elders. In these wishy washy church days it seems that in many churches "anything goes". There may not even be any elders....there seem to be deacons, deaconess's, pastors.....so what happens then?

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Hebrews 13:8
To answer my part of the question.....The organized church has doctrines that do not line up with the bible..eg; The time of miracles has past with the apostles...Healing in the bible is only referring to 'spritual healing'
God does not heal anymore.....
God will hel whomever He chooses
God will make you sick to teach you something.
ad nauseum

What does the WORD say? "Jesus healed them All." "By Jesus stripes you are healed" "By Jesus stripes you were healed" :He forgives ALL of your offenses, He heals ALL of your diseases" Anyone can look them up.
So, my friend, yes! Any doctrine that contradicts the Word is what I call churchianity. It comes from churches that teach profane doctrines. Profanity is simply, as you already know, that which contradicts what God says.

Staff Member
King James Bible
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

World English Bible
Don't put your trust in princes, each a son of man in whom there is no help.

Young's Literal Translation
Trust not in princes -- in a son of man, For he hath no deliverance.
Psalm 146:3

Greetings,

In order to attempt to answer your question @Fragrant Grace which may I say is a valid question in this day, I would like to draw attention to the Scripture provided above.
If we add to these some portions of proverbs:
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. Proverbs 21:2
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15
There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness. Proverbs 30:12
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.Proverbs 16:2
and in order to the seriousness here
TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. Daniel 5:27

"Our part is to think and decide depending on how we weigh up others".... is that correct? (this is not a personal question to you Fragrant Grace but is pertinent due to the many discussions being had around the forums and those, including yourself and myself who have ears will hear, if it be the Lord's will that what I am writing be of any benefit for the building up of the Body.)

You may be, by now, getting the picture?

What is our part from 'hypothetically' being one who desires that healing and considers what James said to do in such circumstances.
For clarification of what my post you raised the question from was pointing to, may I add here that James was speaking to Christians, not those who were yet 'unsaved'; those not yet members of the Body of Christ in the Church. In this may be a key to help unlock some of the confusion that abounds regarding healing for Christians?

Over and again, our part is obedience, not taking matters into our own hands and reasoning but to do as we are told, as little children would who know the Father's love. It is in trusting Him, and not either our own decisions based on what we think about people or not etc AND not in the people we may call on.

We tend to look for excuses and loopholes until we are brought to our place of complete need, when at last we let go of all else and call upon the Lord, having realised all our own ways are dead.... bringing no life nor healing.
Why do we do this? Perhaps pride; perhaps fear and uncertainty; perhaps embarrassment; perhaps insecurity and perhaps even not trusting the Lord above all else and deciding that obedience is better than.... all else.
Scripture is full of examples of this and the real consequences of disobedience which today we tend to sugar coat and present our rebellion to God, which is a crime equatable to the worst crimes imaginable against men women and children, and make out that we are not being at all dis obedient... it's just that..... Just nothing, for their is only One Who is just and from Him Justice comes. He will not be mocked when He does come with all His angels with Him. He will be more fearful to those who rebel than they care to begin imagining, because they prefer imagining their own pet thoughts and ideas about how they can and should run the show, until they come to grief and then maybe, then, they might crumple under their own needs to see that obedience really is better.

So, who do we call? The elders of the Church. That pushes us to the maximum if we refuse to acknowledge any such church or elder-ship in the church.
However, most know of at least one church they could approach in their area.
The point here, though is not to try to out decide God but to obey. Let Him take care of the elders or church and let us, in obedience,. trust Him. Our healing will not come from men but God, therefore, will He ignore obedience or will He heal because you have followed Him in obedience?
Our part is to do as He says, not what man says nor what we say. As we seek healing from Him, does it not fit that we ought to do as He says?
It is the elders part to obey, also. We can not force them but something very beautiful can blossom before fruit and the best part of the fruit is love. I see how by one being obedient and calling the elders, and the elders being obedient and doing their part (as per Scripture), the two can rejoice in the goodness of God and His faithfulness, and in that and through that a bond, His bond of love between members of His Body is made manifest, and ought to remain between the once sick and the elders. They have done what is right in obedience and the one who was sick did their part in obedience.
Added to this, the elders also would be encouraged and who in the Body would not like encouragement? In this, we can see that it all can work for good.

How precious....

{A Song of degrees of David} Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; as the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
Psalm 133

Bless you ....><>

[please excuse me if this post appears somewhat fragmented. It has been composed with intervals as I have other commitments that need to be fulfilled]

Last edited:
Staff Member
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: James 5:14

Thank you for your response @Br. Bear

I will not get involved in further Biblical discusion.
But will say that I do not agree with your post.

The Bible outlines clear standards for elders/overseers etc
Those standards should be transparent and clear.......not tainted and twisted by todays wishy washy "anything goes" Christianity.

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being foundblameless.
Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 3: 1-13

Staff Member
What does the WORD say? "Jesus healed them All." "By Jesus stripes you are healed" "By Jesus stripes you were healed" :He forgives ALL of your offenses, He heals ALL of your diseases" Anyone can look them up.
So, my friend, yes! Any doctrine that contradicts the Word is what I call churchianity. It comes from churches that teach profane doctrines. Profanity is simply, as you already know, that which contradicts what God says.

Thank you for your reply brother @Bendito

I agree with what you are saying here......

Where I get a little confused in in cases where healing "in the physical" doesnt happen.

For example: brothers and sisters we see with terminal illness, failing eyesight, endocrinological disorders etc etc

Some would say this is lack of faith
Some would say God doesnt heal anymore (chuchianity)
Some would say .......in the Lords timing
Some would say the illness has a purpose to glorify the Lord in some way.

Possibly I have said or thought all those things at times.

I have been pretty seriously ill on a couple of occasions.....and praise the Lord made a good recovery against the (human) odds. Keeping praising the Lord during these times has been most strengthening as well as hearing His voice on each occasion saying ....Be still and know that I am God.

Loyal
Thank you for your reply brother @Bendito

I agree with what you are saying here......

Where I get a little confused in in cases where healing "in the physical" doesn't happen.

For example: brothers and sisters we see with terminal illness, failing eyesight, endocrinological disorders etc etc

Some would say this is lack of faith
Some would say God doesn't heal anymore (chuchianity)
Some would say .......in the Lords timing
Some would say the illness has a purpose to glorify the Lord in some way.

Possibly I have said or thought all those things at times.

I have been pretty seriously ill on a couple of occasions.....and praise the Lord made a good recovery against the (human) odds. Keeping praising the Lord during these times has been most strengthening as well as hearing His voice on each occasion saying ....Be still and know that I am God.
You often hear Christians saying "Oh He didn't get healed because he didn't have faith for it....That's churchianity again
Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

So we have the faith. Every one of us has the faith. So then...it remains to believe the Word and step out in it. It's in believing that we see..
So believing is not faith its believing Faith is trusting the Word and obeying it. To believe its true, but not stepping out is faithless and foolish.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Loyal
You often hear Christians saying "Oh He didn't get healed because he didn't have faith for it....That's churchianity again
Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

This may have some truth in it but it is very much incomplete.

1. Faith must be developed after it is planted as a seed in each of us.

2. There must be truth to much faith or little faith for Jesus Himself said he of little faith.

3. Big or Strong Faith is a faith that has developed in all areas.
A. It can not be swayed
B. It can withstand against
C. It quickly removes doubt and fear.

Many folks give up before their healing has totally manifested in them.

Far to many folks quit once they run into a giant or demon saying NO you won't or are not healed .

It takes discipline many times by a believer to make it until the healing has manifested .

So please don't trample on the written word of God.
There is strong faith and weak faith.
Blessings to you