• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Done with Sin

Staff Member
Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. 1 Peter 4:1

When you’re very sick for a prolonged period of time, your suffering strips you down to the bare basics of existence. You no longer care to indulge in pleasurable activity—whether it’s sex, parties, delicious food, or amusing pastimes. Your pain and suffering loom so large in your mind that you can think of little else. The bible talks of this when it describes people who “loathed all food and drew near the gates of death” (Psalm 107:18).

When you lose your tight grip even a desire for life, and all your ambitions and dreams are no longer important to you, you’re approaching the state God wants you to be in. Now finally, you begin to grasp what Jesus was talking about when He said, “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:25). As you approach the gates of death, you understand eternal truths and values much better.

The Psalms say, “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees” (Psalm 119:71), and difficult as it is to go through prolonged suffering, it can be a very enriching and eye-opening experience.

Loyal
Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. 1 Peter 4:1

When you’re very sick for a prolonged period of time, your suffering strips you down to the bare basics of existence. You no longer care to indulge in pleasurable activity—whether it’s sex, parties, delicious food, or amusing pastimes. Your pain and suffering loom so large in your mind that you can think of little else. The bible talks of this when it describes people who “loathed all food and drew near the gates of death” (Psalm 107:18).

When you lose your tight grip even a desire for life, and all your ambitions and dreams are no longer important to you, you’re approaching the state God wants you to be in. Now finally, you begin to grasp what Jesus was talking about when He said, “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:25). As you approach the gates of death, you understand eternal truths and values much better.

The Psalms say, “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees” (Psalm 119:71), and difficult as it is to go through prolonged suffering, it can be a very enriching and eye-opening experience.
Amen! This is so true. So many people try to do everything they can do to avoid suffering, not realizing that it is for our good. Through suffering the Lord conforms us to his likeness and makes us into the people he wants us to be, for his purposes and for his glory.