• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

He set me free

Hey everyone,Donnie aka Forgiven 110796.I'm new to this forum and i love it!I'm 29,married with two beutiful girls Kalie 3 and Shealin 1 month.Been saved now 8 years and growing stronger everyday!!!

Active
I posted what exactly does it mean to be made free from sin, and then I look at the dictionary and it said, to be liberated. Then I look at the Greek dictionarey and it said,
G1659
el-yoo-ther-o'-o
From G1658; to liberate, that is, (figuratively) to exempt (from moral, ceremonial or mortal liability): - deliver, make free.

This tells me that I am "exempt and liberated" from sin.

exempt from the wages or penalties
of sin. Not the sin itself but the wages of sin

Active
exempt from the wages or penalties
of sin. No contradiction with what you said

I guess my problem is what people say as oppose to what scripture says: If we don't say what scripture says we lose.
If a believer has been made free from the wages or penalties, which is the result of sin, and Jesus never said He would come and take away the penalty of sin, but He said He's coming the take away the "sin" that caused the "penalty."

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

It seems Jesus made us free from the "sin" that caused the "penalty" and the separation from our creator.

I guess my problem is what people say as oppose to what scripture says: If we don't say what scripture says we lose.
If a believer has been made free from the wages or penalties, which is the result of sin, and Jesus never said He would come and take away the penalty of sin, but He said He's coming the take away the "sin" that caused the "penalty."

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

It seems Jesus made us free from the "sin" that caused the "penalty" and the separation from our creator.

Once we abide in him then yes. That context should not be incorrect

Active
Once we abide in him then yes. That context should not be incorrect

When an unbeliever comes to Christ, Jesus become his mediator of the New Covenant. A believer cannot enter into this New Covenant without his sins being atoned for. Jesus atoned for man's sins past, present and future. I seems Jesus make a person free or exempt from sin from the day of their new birth. At birth we've recieved a new heart and a new spirit. Sin cannot occupy any place where the Spriit of GOD is. Sin corrupts, and our new heart cannot be corrupted by sin. This is why Jesus had to remove and take away sin. This is why He removed the law, because only by the law is the knowledge of sin. It's not that we don't to wrong things, the fact is GOD is not imputing sin unto believer.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Greek definition of 'Impute:" This is what Jesus is not doing where it pertains to sin.

G3049
log-id'-zom-ahee
Middle voice from G3056; to take an inventory, that is, estimate (literally or figuratively): - conclude, (ac-) count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

Active
When an unbeliever comes to Christ, Jesus become his mediator of the New Covenant. A believer cannot enter into this New Covenant without his sins being atoned for. Jesus atoned for man's sins past, present and future. I seems Jesus make a person free or exempt from sin from the day of their new birth. At birth we've recieved a new heart and a new spirit. Sin cannot occupy any place where the Spriit of GOD is. Sin corrupts, and our new heart cannot be corrupted by sin. This is why Jesus had to remove and take away sin. This is why He removed the law, because only by the law is the knowledge of sin. It's not that we don't to wrong things, the fact is GOD is not imputing sin unto believer.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Greek definition of 'Impute:" This is what Jesus is not doing where it pertains to sin.

G3049
log-id'-zom-ahee
Middle voice from G3056; to take an inventory, that is, estimate (literally or figuratively): - conclude, (ac-) count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

The removal of sin is what make a person a "new creation:" Man has never been without sin from the day that Adam sinned.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Once a believer's sins has been removed, taken away, purge, sanctified, blotted out, etc. He became the original formation.

G2937
ktis'-is
From G2936;original formation (properly the act; by implication the thing, literally or figuratively): - building, creation, creature, ordinance.

Active
The removal of sin is what make a person a "new creation:" Man has never been without sin from the day that Adam sinned.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Once a believer's sins has been removed, taken away, purge, sanctified, blotted out, etc. He became the original formation.

G2937 (new creation)
ktis'-is
From G2936;original formation (properly the act; by implication the thing, literally or figuratively): - building, creation, creature, ordinance.

Active
Yes, I agree that we should practice and perfect the law of Loving GOD with all our heart soul, mind and strength, and our neighbor as ourselves. In doing this we fulfull all the law and if any other commandment which Jesus has spoken.
Do you believe that we should have a consciousness of sin?.

Yes, I agree that we should practice and perfect the law of Loving GOD with all our heart soul, mind and strength, and our neighbor as ourselves. In doing this we fulfull all the law and if any other commandment which Jesus has spoken.
Do you believe that we should have a consciousness of sin?.

Can you clarify?
Consciousness in regards to awareness?