• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

He is coming back

Loyal
Now whether you believe in in the rapture or the second coming or both... it doesn't matter too much for the purpose of this thread. Either way... He "IS" coming back for us.

There are those who spiritualize this and say.. "He already came back and is dwelling in us right now".
True enough, but that had already happened before all of these verses were written.... so it must mean something more.

1 Thes 4:16; For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Thes 4:17; Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Rom 8:23; And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24; For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?
Rom 8:25; But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

If Jesus already came back... why are they still waiting for it? His Spirit is here yes... but one day He will be
here in the flesh.

Tit 2:13; looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

One day He will appear to us all.

1 Cor 15:51; Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
1 Cor 15:52; in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1 Cor 15:53; For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The last trumpet has't sounded yet. But it will. Our mortal, fleshly, perishable bodies haven't become
changed yet. But day... "in the twinkling of an eye" will will be changed.

Mark 13:24; "But in those days, after that tribulation, THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT,
Mark 13:25; AND THE STARS WILL BE FALLING from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken.
Mark 13:26; "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory.
Mark 13:27; "And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

Jesus hasn't come in the clouds to earth yet. He hasn't sent forth His angels to gather "the elct" yet. But someday He will.

Rev 1:7; BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

When He comes... "every" eye will see Him. Not just believers... even those who pierced Him. "All" the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him.

I imagine it will be a great shock for non-Christians all over the world when this day comes.

Matt 24:29; "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Matt 24:30; "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31; "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Right now many unbelievers all over the world can say there is no God... there is no Jesus... we haven't ever seen Him. But one day they will then, it will be too late.

2 Pet 3:4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

They will say everything is just like it's always been.. Where is He... He isn't coming.

But one day....

Matt 24:27; "For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

It will be like lightning flashing across the sky. Everyone will see Him, they won't be able to deny who Jesus is on that day.

Luke 17:24; "For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day.
Luke 17:26; "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
Luke 17:27; they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luke 17:28; "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building;
Luke 17:29; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
Luke 17:30; "It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

It will come like a thief in the night, it will come suddenly, people won't be expecting it.

Matt 24:43; "But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

1 Thes 5:2; For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.

And just like most of the world in the time of Noah.... it will be too late for many.
But for those who are awake, and sober and ready....

John 14:2; "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3; "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

He will come again.... and receive us to Himself.

Rev 19:11; And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.
Rev 19:12; His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.
Rev 19:13; He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14; And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.
Rev 19:15; From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.
Rev 19:16; And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Let us pray those we love will be on the right side when He comes back.

Active
The last trumpet...suggest you look up in the Bible the feast of trumpets for when that was. Also the 'first fruits'.

Its cool you string a lot of bible verses together on one topic but be careful to read the Bible in order BAC.

Loyal
The last trumpet...suggest you look up in the Bible the feast of trumpets for when that was. Also the 'first fruits'.

Its cool you string a lot of bible verses together on one topic but be careful to read the Bible in order BAC.

OK... give me a verse.

Active
Bac bac bac...I have been saying you need to read the Bible in order not just verses here and there. From beginning to the end.

Ok let me ask how do you read a book. Do you just pick a book off the shelf and skim it? Do you just pick out the sentences that you want to read? And ignore all the rest? You would not go very far in a reading comprehension test, and when people ask you what the book is about, well they will soon know from what you share that you havent actually read all of it.

Active
Leviticus 23:24

I am poor at spelling on this ipad cos of the keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
Just curious... do you think Leviticus was written before or after Jesus came to earth as a human?
What?! Its Old Testament! It was written before. You do read the Bible in order dont you? Why are you asking me...have a look in your Holy Bible, I presume you have a hard copy...the OT always comes before the NT.

Loyal
What?! Its Old Testament! It was written before. You do read the Bible in order dont you? Why are you asking me...have a look in your Holy Bible, I presume you have a hard copy...the OT always comes before the NT.

Thank you. I agree.

So if that is true..... how can Jesus return at the sound of the trumpet, if the only trumpet sounded yet
was in the OT?

Active
And it won't be as a Lamb either!
Because you dont believe revelation? Very sorry you cant see what has already come to pass, and you are only seeing what unbelievers have assumed. You are in danger of worshipping the beast.

You name wont be in the lambs book of life if that is so because the church is the lambs wife. Only believers will attend the marriage supper of the lamb. The firstfruits are those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They aint following no lion.

Loyal
Because you dont believe revelation? Very sorry you cant see what has already come to pass, and you are only seeing what unbelievers have assumed. You are in danger of worshipping the beast.

I am just curious... when was Satan imprisoned for 1,000 years?

Rev 20:1; Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2; And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
Rev 20:3; and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

Better yet... when was Satan thrown into the Lake of Fire?

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Active
I am just curious... when was Satan imprisoned for 1,000 years?

Rev 20:1; Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2; And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
Rev 20:3; and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

Better yet... when was Satan thrown into the Lake of Fire?

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
You need to ask God when the revelation was revealed to John.

Rather concerned that some of you seem to believe what rastafarians also believe, but then, what do I know I am just an ordinary christian here. Of course He will come for everyone, so as long as you belong to Him you will inherit the Kingdom, which is a spiritual Kingdom as revealed in the spirit to John see revelation 21:10 and also 21:17

Active
You name wont be in the lambs book of life if that is so because the church is the lambs wife. Only believers will attend the marriage supper of the lamb. The firstfruits are those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They aint following no lion.

• “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory” Matthew 24:30.
This verse describes the literal return of Christ to the earth. The people of the earth will mourn when they see Christ returning because 1) they know he is coming in judgment, and 2) they will realize they are not ready for his coming. This will be a sign visible to the entire earth. “Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him” (Revelation 1:7 ESV).

• The Second Coming of Christ will be “with power and great glory.” Perhaps the best way to understand that statement is to compare the circumstances surrounding the first and second comings. The first time Jesus came unnoticed into the world, the second time “every eye will see him.” In his first coming Jesus humbled himself, being born in a stable in Bethlehem. When he returns, he will come back as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. In his first coming he endured the mockery of men who despised him for his goodness. Although he was the Son of God, he allowed them to put him to death, that he might thereby provide salvation for the world. When he comes again, all mockery will cease for he will rule the nations with a rod of iron. He came the first time as the Lamb of God; he comes again as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
  • Matthew 24:27
    For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
    Jesus the Messiah is not coming back as a lamb of God, to be crucified for our sins. His second coming will be like the strike of lightening
  • Jesus have told us that there will be horrible times on Earth, just before His return. The end of this age will be ruled by deception, false teachings and people giving other’s prophecies out of their imagination
  • You are FULL of imagination. I never said Jesus wasn't the Lamb; he has been that before the foundation, as well as, his Book of Life. You have no right to say who is in the Lamb's Book of Life and who isn't....I would be very careful with that type of judgement....With all due respect, you don't have the credentials to judge...another reason for Jesus's return!
  • Be careful, Arrogance and Pride are spiritual killers!

Active
Bornagain I was just responding to your insistence Jesus is going to return as a lion which you actually DID write in a post.

This is also what rastafarians believe. In the lion of judah.

I am not judging anyone...just responding to your post. Also I did not judge who is in the lambs book of life and who isnt, but certaintly wont be people who insist Jesus returns as a lion since only the lamb is worthy to open the book. It says so in the Bible and am going by the Bible not making things up.

Yes pride is a killer so anyone who has it should repent of it immediately. As you know lions have a heap of pride and kill and destroy any prey in their path. I am not imagining this its common knowledge. Unless you want to be thrown in the lions den. It might be a good thing though some people as it will tests their faith but i certainly wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Shalom.

Active
@Lanolin I do love you and I mean no disrespect but, for me, you appear a bit naive on many of these issues.

I am not judging anyone...just responding to your post. Also I did not judge who is in the lambs book of life and who isnt, but certaintly wont be people who insist Jesus returns as a lion since only the lamb is worthy to open the book. It says so in the Bible and am going by the Bible not making things up.
That's :laughing:....You do not Judge but you judge!?

This is also what rastafarians believe. In the lion of judah.
You keep bringing these people up, I have no idea who they are and could care less!
Revelation 5:5
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Hmmm! The Lion of Judah and it says it in the Holy Bible no doubt.
Look, face it, Jesus is many things , two of which are a Lion and a Sheep. He came first to not Judge but save and die on the cross as unblemished Lamb. He comes the second time to judge and destroy.....do you honestly think he comes back as a sheep and a symbol of Power ?

Yes pride is a killer so anyone who has it should repent of it immediately. As you know lions have a heap of pride and kill and destroy any prey in their path.
Exactly, that is how he returns....and your analogy Lions and a Pride is ridiculous!.... As everyone knows, a Lions Pride and sinful Pride are two completely different things ....one is a name and the other is a sin!
I will also tell you this,as with all of us, I am sure you sin in pride in ways you do not even see!