• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Good morrow people

Staff Member
Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:22

Hi @Tomorrowandtomorrow (aka conifer and JJ50)

May I ask you what has led you to come back to Talk Jesus again?

You seem to just want to share your very hostile thoughts regarding Christianity again.

The Lord loves you. He sent His Son to save you
And here we would just like to share the true love of Jesus with you....His glorious free gift of Salvation.

This dark world is drawing to an end and you need to make a decision

Blessings and peace

Sinner, heed the warning voice,
Make the Lord your final choice,
Then all heaven will rejoice,
Be in time!
Come from darkness into light;
Come, let Jesus make you right;
Come, receive His life tonight,
Be in time!*

*Charles Harrison Mason (19th Century from hymn Life at best is very brief)

I don't apologise for challenging the 'born again' dogma, which totally spoilt my childhood. I have absolutely no problem with mainstream live and let Christians who don't seek to force their faith down the throats of others, many are very decent, good people. Sadly my experience of the oh so holy on Sunday 'saved' lot was not very good. I know for a fact a number cheated on their partners and were less than honest in their business dealings. One of the church elders told me exactly what he would have liked to do with my mother in his hay loft. The pastor touched me inappropriately!

There was one 'born again' elderly lady who was really lovely, and I had a lot of time for her. Sadly as she got older she succumbed to a mental illness. She believed that the deity had deserted her and she was going to hell. Much to her husband and family's distress her final days were spent in agony at this thought, she died believing she was going to hell. If the deity exists and could have put her mind at rest it was all that is evil if it didn't do so!

As there is no evidence that the fanciful stories in the Bible have anymore credibility than the Harry Potter books, which are a better read, I will remain an unbeliever. I continue to read the Bible to see if I am missing anything, but so far it has only confirmed my opinion.

Staff Member
If God created us, he is responsible for human nature and the buck stops with him, not us.

I believe the Biblical deity is a human construct as it seems to have all the worst of human failings, no doubt with the idea that our god is bigger than yours. We are responsible for our own actions for better or for worse, and no deity is going to ride to the rescue.

The idea of residing in 'heaven' with the Biblical version of God, would be worse than being in hell with much maligned Satan. When people die I am of the opinion they cease to be.

Of course I could have got it all wrong, so I better stock up on asbestos clothing for when I am chucked into the fires of hell, LOL!

But as there is no evidence to support any of the fanciful stories in the Bible the default position is unbelief, imo!
Of course I don't have to post on this forum and no doubt if I upset too many of the 'faithful' I will be banned. Sadly many 'born again' Biblical literalists accept it all without any question.

I consider myself an agnostic, it is possible a god of some sort could exist in another dimension, but I am of the opinion that all the religions adhered to by humans are created by them, including Christianity. Both Islam and Christianity have nothing much of which to be proud about having caused so much damage over the centuries.

I wasn't born in the UK but moved here 46 years ago when I married. It might not be perfect, but I wouldn't live anywhere else. I am so grateful I don't live across the pond where right-wing religionists seem to have polluted the US political system with their evil nonsense.

Sometimes I believe you just make comments to see if you can get a rise out of people. Especially, them stiff necked Christians! :laugh:
Sorry I can't take the bait. :p You know you have the ability to communicate in a fashion that can be less abrasive, but have chosen not to. Why this is besides what others who have professed to be Christians have done to you in the past. Is the only thing that comes to mind.

Except for your opinion you have offered nothing concrete to refute anything presented before you. What you have shown is a little of your own pain. Which believe it or not. Is something that probably every one here can relate to at one moment of time in their lives or another. Many would gladly pray with and for you, with tears running down their checks for the love of you. A love that started to truly dawn upon us, when we began to understand the sacrificial love that brought Jesus to the Cross for each one of us.

This is what we are willing to share with and for you. Not Fantasy, humor, disappointment, and anger. Rather truth, joy, hope and love. All these we willingly attempt to share in our unskilled fashion. Yet share them we desire to do. If you seek just entertainment. May I suggest the BBC. They might have programming that probably will justify your beliefs at least more so then what my Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here at Talk Jesus can share.

You say you don't apologize for challenging "born again" dogma. Yet keep in mind that it is you who came here and not the other way around. We only ask that you explain and define, and we get opinion. Which is only true to you and no one else, no matter how we might try to understand your own position neither of us gain anything from this discourse.

Keep in mind that you will always be welcome to return with whatever name you choose to sign up as, after you leave or are banned. With the knowledge that Talk Jesus, talks and believes in a loving God, and bares no ill will to even those who would ridicule them. For to many it would not be the first time it has happened and how the world is turning, it sure won't be the last.

Unless, you truly have something to contribute besides opinion, may I suggest you take a break to reassess why you believe as you do.

Know that I'm not angry, and still love you in spite of what your may think about us who are Christians here at Talk Jesus.
Fare you well.
C4E
<><

Off to work!!!

Having had a childhood spoilt by the 'born again' dogma, which can be very abusive when threats of hell and damnation are used when forcing it down a child's throat, I will always challenge this nonsense when I encounter it.

Loyal
That which is really nonsense should be challenged, but don't throw out the baby with the bath water. There really is a baby even if you are unable to recognize it. There always has been and, unfortunately while there is time, there always will be hypocrites. For that all sincere believers are sorry. In spite of your difficult personal experiences there is a God who has a purpose, a good purpose.

That which is really nonsense should be challenged, but don't throw out the baby with the bath water. There really is a baby even if you are unable to recognize it. There always has been and, unfortunately while there is time, there always will be hypocrites. For that all sincere believers are sorry. In spite of your difficult personal experiences there is a God who has a purpose, a good purpose.

What good purpose? I see nothing remotely good about the Biblical deity if the deeds attributed to it were true.

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't apologise for challenging the 'born again' dogma, which totally spoilt my childhood. I have absolutely no problem with mainstream live and let Christians who don't seek to force their faith down the throats of others, many are very decent, good people. Sadly my experience of the oh so holy on Sunday 'saved' lot was not very good. I know for a fact a number cheated on their partners and were less than honest in their business dealings. One of the church elders told me exactly what he would have liked to do with my mother in his hay loft. The pastor touched me inappropriately!

There was one 'born again' elderly lady who was really lovely, and I had a lot of time for her. Sadly as she got older she succumbed to a mental illness. She believed that the deity had deserted her and she was going to hell. Much to her husband and family's distress her final days were spent in agony at this thought, she died believing she was going to hell. If the deity exists and could have put her mind at rest it was all that is evil if it didn't do so!

As there is no evidence that the fanciful stories in the Bible have anymore credibility than the Harry Potter books, which are a better read, I will remain an unbeliever. I continue to read the Bible to see if I am missing anything, but so far it has only confirmed my opinion.

Why are on this site? You're whining and you're the one trying to force your beliefs and opinions down others throats, not us.

Loyal
What good purpose? I see nothing remotely good about the Biblical deity if the deeds attributed to it were true.
No matter what I say, if it doesn't line up with where you are then it to you is nonsense. I and others here could perhaps answer most of your questions or doubts, but you have already decided what the answers are. The following verse applies to everyone: me, you and the other guy...

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes:" Prov 21:2

When a person comes to the place where he is able to recognize the truth in those words about himself... then he can began to see what is wrong and can receive help to change it. I will grant that you can answer with "physician heal thyself" and be right on it. I recognize that I don't have all of the answers. You may say you don't, but so long as you act as if you do you will have trouble progressing in any worthwhile direction.

As to the word "good", you do not, I believe, know what it means.

Staff Member
Having had a childhood spoilt by the 'born again' dogma, which can be very abusive when threats of hell and damnation are used when forcing it down a child's throat, I will always challenge this nonsense when I encounter it.

Once again the choice to join this site was yours. For however long you continue to stay since you add nothing constructive in itself will help as an example to others who do believe in a Risen Christ on how the message and the messenger unless communicated in a loving fashion, can alienate a lost soul. For such bitterness may last a lifetime, while we here pray that it doesn't and that one day you will call Jesus Savior.

Just remember when you look at your own Christian children that they also believe in "Born Again" be it communicated in a not so blunt fashion. For the words themselves were spoken of by Christ Jesus as you're aware of and they will affirm them as being truth if viewed/interpreted a bit differently. Maybe talking with them will provide an openness to listen and weight rightly Jesus' words because they are your children. Giving them the courtesy/respect that you have not provided us here at Talk Jesus who have only desire to share the Love of Christ.

Fare well.
C4E
<><

I am entitled to my opinions, borne of bitter experience. I have no respect for the Biblical deity at all. If it exists, and is as described in the not so good book, humans should be doing their best to exterminate it, imo.

Active
I am entitled to my opinions, borne of bitter experience. I have no respect for the Biblical deity at all. If it exists, and is as described in the not so good book, humans should be doing their best to exterminate it, imo.
You are describing the world we already live in,we got rid of God,who "is love" back in the beginning.

Jesus said God is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
1 Corinthians 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1 Corinthians 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Since love does not demand it's own way and endures all things maybe love just took the blame all along.

1 John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

John 10:8 All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

The world killed the first guy who told the truth about God being love.

If you think God should be exterminated then you think love should be exterminated,what kind of world would we have then?
I think it would look just like the world you see.