• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

God is in Control

Loyal
I have no idea where this came from??? Although i will answer

i have been set free of the bondage of self will

Man's will is to sin. Yes i have sinned

You say you have been set free of self will, then you say it's man's will to sin, so I have sinned.
So apparently you haven't been entirely set free of self will.

The point being, God isn't always in control of your will.

Active
You say you have been set free of self will, then you say it's man's will to sin, so I have sinned.

The point being, God isn't always in control of your will.
That is not what i said. Do you do the same to Scripture as you have to my words?

Staff Member
LOL No Nick...God has not relinquished control...but He did make us responsible for this planet...If we are going to rule with Him through eternity, where do you think we get the training to do so? Start with one planet then grow into ruling a universe...As a child, you were responsible to make your bed, then keep your room clean, then pick up after yourself in the whole house, then you got a job and were responsible for that, then a family and your own house, etc...Now you're responsible and in control of your area of this world...Next....
Dear Brother,
I think you might want to discuss how you answered my question with Brother @Brad Huber You two might not be in such agreement after all as it pertains to "Control" in respect to the Godhead. I state this because in your answer above it seems you want it both ways, or, and this probably could be even more disconcerting if true, but you believe that there are influences that actually Control God that were not of His doing.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
I directly copied and pasted what you said.

Yes, I directly copy and paste scripture.
you also said this

Active
@
Admon Mikha'el

Lev 18:5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.
Are we today not free of the bondage to levitical laws? By the Sacrifice of the Blood of the Lamb .

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another
Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Genesis 2:16-17 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
yup man had free will and how did he use it he sinned and brought sin to the rest of us. Adam messed up big time, he is the best example of mans 'free will'

Staff Member
Different topic please keep me in your prayers my husband of 57 years has incurable cancer my care taking duties are often over whelming... how folks with out the Lord manage i dont know..
Dear Sister,
My prayers are going Heavenward on your behalf and that of your husband to the Throne of Mercy.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
New American Standard Bible
Now then, Lord GOD, You are God, and Your words are truth; and You have promised this good thing to Your servant.
What do you think that means in red. help me Jesus, They say you are LORD and they don't believe it. They don't even know what the word means sad

Here is another. through out the Bible it declares your "Sovereignty" they do not know the word meaning.

King James Bible
And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:

New King James Version
“And now, O Lord GOD, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant.

New American Standard Bible
Now then, Lord GOD, You are God, and Your words are truth; and You have promised this good thing to Your servant.

here is a little help:pensive:
New International Version
Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

Berean Study Bible
How great You are, O Lord GOD! For there is none like You, and there is no God but You, according to everything we have heard with our own ears.

King James Bible
Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

New King James Version
Therefore You are great, O Lord GOD. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears

New International Version
“How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

I have explain this so many times on "TalkJESUS" by one word and sometime in 2 words, I think some people felt like i was just using different words because i felf like using different was to say GOD. this is said.

I use " The Sovereignty of GOD" people try to correct me. paying no attention in the context i spoke of it.
I use the words "The ALMIGHTY GOD" many paid no attention to the context it was use it.
I have explain, The word "LORD" and The Word "Lord" and the word "lord" in all small letters and spelled like this: Capital "L" small Capital "o" small Capital "r" small capital "d" and what they mean when they are type that way in a good translation. in a good reliable and excellent Bible study translation which is not cheap.

I have took time out and explain a lot of things that is not common to the" Layman" in the church, because most pastors do not teach you these simple things because they say most christians are not interested in such devotion in studying the Bible, they just want Sunday School and Wednesday night prayer service and a few verses, for studying and home work. And this is sad. Why would one spend all that time in seminary and bible college and just give your congregation everyday kindergartner elementary information. There cannot be any biblical growth, just i know. Some do not even know how to read the Bible, for it is a art to it, Hermeneutics, and at least give your people a form of study. That you have adopted. And the reason why you chose it. Hermeneutics 101.
it is so sad. no unity at all among the universal saints. a lot of churches do not even teach the deity of Christ any more and growing more and more each day. it is sad and painful to watch christians develop such practices..

When you use the word LORD GOD that means the WHOLE Trinity and GOD is LORD over ALL! ALL. you do not have to say he is in control!
When use the term "ALMIGHTY GOD" that means 'ALL POWER" you do not have to say He controls or GOD is in CONTROL!
The Sovereignty of GOD" "SUPREME"

You do not have to mention "ATTRIBUTES" GOd is this, God is this, God is this, God is this, God is This. You do not have to do that, And the BIBle back this up by the way it says ALMIGHTY GOD, LORD. Matthew 24:44 "My LORD said to My Lord" but cheap translations and internet translation do not show the difference like this. that should be in small all Capital letters for "Lord" Psalms 110:1 The LORD said to My Lord.

Last edited:
Active
Dear Brother,
I think you might want to discuss how you answered my question with Brother @Brad Huber You two might not be in such agreement after all as it pertains to "Control" in respect to the Godhead. I state this because in your answer above it seems you want it both ways, or, and this probably could be even more disconcerting if true, but you believe that there are influences that actually Control God that were not of His doing.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Nick reread what I said....It's right On Earth, God is sovereign but man is in control............Either way, I'm on my way down the highway to check our a kennel for me...I need more care now than my wife can handle...That being the case I'll probably be leaving this group soon...I don't know.

Loyal
Nick reread what I said....It's right On Earth, God is sovereign but man is in control............Either way, I'm on my way down the highway to check our a kennel for me...I need more care now than my wife can handle...That being the case I'll probably be leaving this group soon...I don't know.
You see what i am talking about! His QUOTE is : "On Earth, God is sovereign but man is in control....".... Now that is a perfect example, that this Person do not believe that GOD is LORD!, and GOD is not "Sovereign" by his own words. And this is blindness and cannot see what he has just said. Openly denying "THE SUPREMACY OF GOD" :pensive: . But using the word "but".

Man is never in control, it seems like he is, Man is in "Bondage to SIN" and we do not understand what a "infinite and "Incomprehensible" GOD is. He is not a "creature" we are. He creates creatures, He Creates, beings. Humans words cannot describe what HE is. We use "Anthropomorphic" words to describe everything about HIM, Human words cannot do it!:pensive: HE is beyond our words, our thoughts, our imaginations. After we have been there in Eternity, over a "TRILLION" EARTH YEARS IN "GLORIFIED" Bodies, We will have not scratch the surface containing The Power of Our GOD and FATHER! And every moment in "Eternity" we will be learning about HIM! For HE is "GOD"! And it does not yet appear, what we will be, but when we see HIM. This stuff i am talking about cannot be conceive by a "Finite mind", if you try to do it , you will go Blank! You have come to the end of your Track and you cannot travel any further.:pensive: For many of us speaks the words of eternity.:pensive: For we "have been Born of HIS SPIRIT". And not of The spirit of this world, For we are , a completely different kind of Creature.

And our Father is "GOD":pensive: And human words cannot describe HIS "SUPREMACY" so the word "GOD" has to be sufficient ,for there is only "ONE":pensive:

FOR my words are not meant to be understood by many.

Loyal
Christians often used "Pelagianism" as an insult to imply that the target denied God's grace and strayed into heresy. Later Augustinians criticized those who asserted a meaningful role for human free will in their own salvation as covert "Pelagians" or "semi-Pelagians".

Staff Member
Dear Brother,
My apologies you are correct!! I missed the "not" in your opening sentence! :-(
So, you can say we are in agreement then? :)
Because I don't believe it necessary for God to deal with every iota or dot as it pertains to the Created Universe. My surety is in that what He has placed in motion for a Prophecy to happen will do so. Even with the interference of any other Principality or Power attempting to be contrary to His Will.

I'm sorry about the need for care, and its increase to what I'm sure your wife already does for you. My heart and prayers go out to you and your faithful wife.
I'm kind of in your wife's shoes (flats I hope), for I have to care for my wife full time. It's not always easy, but holding on to God's promises does wonder for both our outlooks! Much to look forward to Brother!!! Alleluia!

Again apologies for my mistake.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
@Brad Huber
I hope you read this post Brother Brad. I do believe I must apologize to you as well, for having unintentionally mislead you. Hopefully, you read Brother Admon's reply a lot closer then I did!!
God bless.
\o/
<><

Active
You see what i am talking about! His QUOTE is : "On Earth, God is sovereign but man is in control....".... Now that is a perfect example, that this Person do not believe that GOD is LORD!, and GOD is not "Sovereign" by his own words. And this is blindness and cannot see what he has just said. Openly denying "THE SUPREMACY OF GOD" :pensive: . But using the word "but".

Man is never in control, it seems like he is, Man is in "Bondage to SIN" and we do not understand what a "infinite and "Incomprehensible" GOD is. He is not a "creature" we are. He creates creatures, He Creates, beings. Humans words cannot describe what HE is. We use "Anthropomorphic" words to describe everything about HIM, Human words cannot do it!:pensive: HE is beyond our words, our thoughts, our imaginations. After we have been there in Eternity, over a "TRILLION" EARTH YEARS IN "GLORIFIED" Bodies, We will have not scratch the surface containing The Power of Our GOD and FATHER! And every moment in "Eternity" we will be learning about HIM! For HE is "GOD"! And it does not yet appear, what we will be, but when we see HIM. This stuff i am talking about cannot be conceive by a "Finite mind", if you try to do it , you will go Blank! You have come to the end of your Track and you cannot travel any further.:pensive: For many of us speaks the words of eternity.:pensive: For we "have been Born of HIS SPIRIT". And not of The spirit of this world, For we are , a completely different kind of Creature.

And our Father is "GOD":pensive: And human words cannot describe HIS "SUPREMACY" so the word "GOD" has to be sufficient ,for there is only "ONE":pensive:

FOR my words are not meant to be understood by many.
Its amazing how some people would rather argue than think.....What does "Sovereign" mean?

sovereign
[ sov-rin, sov-er-in, suhv- ]

See synonyms for sovereign on Thesaurus.com

noun
a monarch; a king, queen, or other supreme ruler.
a person who has supreme power or authority.

adjective
belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereign authority; royal.
having supreme rank, power, or authority.
supreme; preeminent; indisputable:

God is king over all that is....We are His kids and He put us in charge of this planet.....What's so hard to understand? Wake up and start thinking! Believe what you read instead of reading what you believe.....Man! Some peoples kids!!! Moses had to learn to delegate...God taught him....God delegated authority to US

Last edited:
Active
Dear Brother,
My apologies you are correct!! I missed the "not" in your opening sentence! :-(
So, you can say we are in agreement then? :)
Because I don't believe it necessary for God to deal with every iota or dot as it pertains to the Created Universe. My surety is in that what He has placed in motion for a Prophecy to happen will do so. Even with the interference of any other Principality or Power attempting to be contrary to His Will.

I'm sorry about the need for care, and its increase to what I'm sure your wife already does for you. My heart and prayers go out to you and your faithful wife.
I'm kind of in your wife's shoes (flats I hope), for I have to care for my wife full time. It's not always easy, but holding on to God's promises does wonder for both our outlooks! Much to look forward to Brother!!! Alleluia!

Again apologies for my mistake.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
@Brad Huber
I hope you read this post Brother Brad. I do believe I must apologize to you as well, for having unintentionally mislead you. Hopefully, you read Brother Admon's reply a lot closer then I did!!
God bless.
\o/
<><
Hugs on you Brother...

Loyal
Its amazing how some people would rather argue than think.....What does "Sovereign" mean?

sovereign
[ sov-rin, sov-er-in, suhv- ]

See synonyms for sovereign on Thesaurus.com

noun
a monarch; a king, queen, or other supreme ruler.
a person who has supreme power or authority.

adjective
belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereign authority; royal.
having supreme rank, power, or authority.
supreme; preeminent; indisputable:

God is king over all that is....We are His kids and He put us in charge of this planet.....What's so hard to understand? Wake up and start thinking! Believe what you read instead of reading what you believe.....Man! Some peoples kids!!! Moses had to learn to delegate...God taught him....God delegated authority to US
why would i have to think about the word "Sovereign" or even look it up, it is a common "grammar' school word. Which i have spoken or written down over a 1,000 plus times in my life time. And heard it spoken just as much through Television, Lectures Sermons and common use and playing in the streets as a kid, with wooden swords in our hands, plays, Shakespeare, Arthur, a childhood word. Let's play King of the Mountain! it is mention in All of the History BOOKS! from the time we been kid, Even Cartoons ! "Lion KING" "Tarzan of the Jungle" He is King of the JUNGLE! The SUN does not set on The British Empire I am "The HOLY ROYAL EMPEROR"

Do not put your self out there, like that,ok
Your QUOTE:
."We are His kids and He put us in charge of this planet.". BIG ERROR< WRONG! :pensive: Don't put yourself out like that. And it is painful, embarrassing to me.

You do not have to do all of that.:pensive: listen and study. and ask questions, then do Biblical research by reading your own bible. To see what is being said is true. If you are really real about GOD, take my advice, it will do you no harm:pensive:

Active
why would i have to think about the word "Sovereign" or even look it up, it is a common "grammar' school word. Which i have spoken or written down over a 1,000 plus times in my life time. And heard it spoken just as much through Television, Lectures Sermons and common use and playing in the streets as a kid, with wooden swords in our hands, plays, Shakespeare, Arthur, a childhood word. Let's play King of the Mountain! it is mention in All of the History BOOKS! from the time we been kid, Even Cartoons ! "Lion KING" "Tarzan of the Jungle" He is King of the JUNGLE! The SUN does not set on The British Empire I am "The HOLY ROYAL EMPEROR"

Do not put your self out there, like that,ok
Your QUOTE:
."We are His kids and He put us in charge of this planet.". BIG ERROR< WRONG! :pensive: Don't put yourself out like that. And it is painful, embarrassing to me.

You do not have to do all of that.:pensive: listen and study. and ask questions, then do Biblical research by reading your own bible. To see what is being said is true. If you are really real about GOD, take my advice, it will do you no harm:pensive:
Ploughboy, you must be the smartest man in the world! Why...you're even smarter than God I'll bet! That's why most of your posts are garbled chaos...Truely! You need to go back to basics and stop cluttering up this forum with your drivel.

Loyal
Ploughboy, you must be the smartest man in the world! Why...you're even smarter than God I'll bet! That's why most of your posts are garbled chaos...Truely! You need to go back to basics and stop cluttering up this forum with your drivel.
Yes they did tell me over 44 years ago, the church folks, that i study to much and so they laugh at me and told me many of times' "be careful that i am so Heavenly minded that i would be any earthy GOOD" something like that. Yes they laugh & talked about me a lot, i kept on reading and study and i have not stop since 1977, My bible and none of that name it and claim it materials, or how to speak in tongues, But i have wrote a book and i keep getting calls from Publishers every week.

PS i will never go backwards on my GOD! For another! god , i like mines and I am going to keep following mines! I would not trade HIM for all the TEA in China! HE have never done me wrong He has been my GOD since 1977, I would be FOOL to turn my Back on HIM!

He has never failed me!

Active
Yes they did tell me over 44 years ago, the church folks, that i study to much and so they laugh at me and told me many of times' "be careful that i am so Heavenly minded that i would be any earthy GOOD" something like that. Yes they laugh & talked about me a lot, i kept on reading and study and i have not stop since 1977, My bible and none of that name it and claim it materials, or how to speak in tongues, But i have wrote a book and i keep getting calls from Publishers every week.

PS i will never go backwards on my GOD! For another! god , i like mines and I am going to keep following mines! I would not trade HIM for all the TEA in China! HE have never done me wrong He has been my GOD since 1977, I would be FOOL to turn my Back on HIM!

He has never failed me!
You really need to stop patting yourself on the back like that...You'll dislocate your shoulder....Your pride and self righteousness is really quite sickening...do you even worship the real God or do you worship self?