• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

From the Doctor's Diary-1- Heavenly help is on the way

We drove to Kottayam (a town in South India) from our home (around 40 kms. away) to get my camera repaired one Friday evening hoping to get it fixed in a day’s time and do some shopping too as time permitted and return home by Saturday evening. We relaxed in the hotel room after giving the camera for repairs leaving the shopping for the morrow as time didn’t permit us to go ahead with that part of our plan. We relaxed in the hotel room and after prayers talked about our plans for the next day.

As we approached the restaurant for breakfast the next morning everything seemed to be unusually quiet.

What’s the matter I asked the manager? Don’t you know? Some political factions have called for a 24 hour strike starting last midnight, he said.
‘So much for our plans, I thought in my mind.”
All shops closed, vehicles running sparingly and I had to be back home by 6 pm.

I called the camera shop but no one answered the phone. We just walked here and there casually and then retired to our hotel room. I just about managed some snacks for lunch from a shopkeeper who dared to keep his shop open despite the strike. Time seemed to be dragging and the children were restless. By 4pm we just made up our minds- Strike or no strike-let’s go home-we all said.

We prayed yet another prayer (there were several that day) just before we left the hotel room. Half an hour on our journey and I sensed some problem with our car. Something was wrong somewhere and it came as no surprise to me when smoke billowed from the bonnet and the car came to a sudden halt. We were stranded in the true sense of the word with no people around and only an occasional vehicle passing by. I opened the bonnet and let all the smoke escape, looked around but couldn’t spot the trouble. I walked for a distance, found some houses and enquired if there was a workshop or a mechanic nearby.” Strike, no mechanic, workshop closed, only tomorrow” was the reply.

I left my wife and kids and walked off to find someone who could fix the problem. It was getting late and I put up my faith sail high to see where it would lead me. I found an auto rickshaw(3 wheeler vehicle)fellow who was willing to join me in my search and he gave suggestions of people he knew of who could probably help me. We searched for half an hour but couldn’t find anyone. I was returning to the place where I left my wife and kids and was wondering what course of action to take. Couldn’t possibly leave the vehicle here in the midst of nowhere. What else? My mind gave no suggestions as the auto neared the place where I had left my vehicle .I signaled a thumbs down sign to the three who were anxiously waiting for me.

AS YOU HAVE READ TILL HERE CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?
No guesses.
O.K. Here’s the climax that Jesus arranged.

Just as I walked dejectedly towards my wife and little ones a van zoomed past us. It went quite a distance from where we were and then it stopped and came in reverse in great speed and stopped just next to us. Out stepped 10 guys. It was already dark and a small fear crept into me. Good or Bad, don’t know; trust in Jesus my mind said. One of them approached us and asked” What’s the problem? I gave him a brief history.” Let’s see, he said and quite a few of them examined the gadgets under the bonnet.
In no time he proclaimed the diagnosis-fan switch is not working-water got heated excessively so the car stopped because of overheating.
So what’s to be done? I asked meekly.
No problem ,he said and he and his friends set about fixing the thing, giving a direct connection from the battery to the fan, filled the radiator themselves by drawing water from a nearby well ,put the key to the ignition and in no time brought the car back to life. All 4 of us heaved a sigh of relief.

My mind shouted Halleluiah and I smiled and thanked him.
I took some money and gave it to the guy who did most of the work but he did not accept it. He and his friends walked back towards their vehicle. I went after him.” Who are you and how do you’ll know so much about the vehicle, I asked.

Oh! Sorry for not introducing ourselves he said. We all are car mechanics and we had come to Kottayam for a wedding and we were returning after attending the reception. We are getting late, Bye he said and got into their vehicle and took off.

I stood there stunned and speechless for a moment.
All I needed was 1 mechanic and Jesus sent 10.Can you believe it?
And what timing! Just when I had tried my best finding a solution and had failed.

No wonder then that Abraham said-JEHOVAH JIREH
“The Bible says-Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8)

Help is already on the way dear friend, in whatever difficult situation that you are in.
Jesus says,” I will never leave you nor forsake you”(Hebrews 13:5)

My reasoning is this-Before a child of God falls into a problem, God has already arranged the solution. So be strong and courageous.

Just to make this point clear-Think of Joseph. His brothers threw him into the pit. And after a while the Ishmaelites were there and he was sold to them and taken to Egypt. God had already sent the Ishmaelities while Joseph was being thrown in to the pit.

A God who prepares in advance.
Praise the Lord.
To end the story, we drove back safely home praising God for His faithfulness.

“Remember Heavenly Help is on the way”. So do not worry.
“Great is His faithfulness”

From the Doctor�s Diary-2-A little more sleep, a little more slumber....

From the Doctor�s Diary-2-A little more sleep, a little more slumber....

The nights were very cold that December. It was natural, my flesh thought, to snuggle under those covers and snore away 6-7 hours.

"Hello! It�s time to pray�, the Holy Spirit would gently nudge me in the middle of the night.

Literally, I would drag myself out of bed and pray the classic 45 seconds prayer. The first 15 seconds kneeling on the ground, the next 15 seconds semi reclining and the final 15 seconds would be spent in the ongoing process of dragging me back to bed and onto delightful slumber.

This went on, I guess, for quite a few days and then the Holy Spirit thought it wise to instruct me a bit more firmly than the usual nudge at night.

I woke up one morning seeing an unusual dream. In the dream, I saw myself hugging a dog and holding my face against one side of its velvety body. I seemed to be enjoying this when suddenly; the other side of the dog came into vision. This side was rotten, covered with wounds and stinking.Instantly; I backed off, pushing the dog away.

I realized the Holy Spirit was speaking to me regarding my fondness for sleep. He seemed to be saying,� One side of sleep is good. It gives rest to your tired body and mind. But sleep has another stinking, rotten side which must be kept away from by the believer. It takes away valuable time of prayer and fellowship with the Lord and the results can be disastrous.

Moral
The great preacher Solomon says,� A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man."(Proverbs 6:10, 11)

And how true. Many invaluable blessings maybe lost in that extra nap that we often tend to take.

From the Doctor’s Diary-3-The modern day crown

“You turn men back to dust, saying,” Return to dust sons of men” (Psalms 90:3)

For the past several nights I have been keeping watch over a man who is slowly passing away from this world. Any moment now he will be a person of the past.
About 3 months back he was hale and hearty, 73 going onto 74, but then it happened suddenly one morning twitching of the right half of the face and difficulty in speaking.

I remember him calling me that morning telling me his symptoms and our rushing him to the hospital and getting him admitted for checkup and management.
The neurologist diagnosed it as a stroke, the CT scan was inconclusive and he was sent home because the recovery was fast.
Those nights, after my work in the clinic during the daytime, I kept him company in the hospital and he talked about his former days and their glory with little talk of God.

He was discharged after 5 days and was sent home for rest and recuperation.
The symptoms reappeared a week later and we planned to get an advanced scan (MRI).
I still remember the radiologist calling me that evening and giving me his radiological diagnosis-Glioma Grade 3 or 4(a cancerous growth of the brain)
A biopsy was decided on and immediately we took him to the best hospital in the state.

Here was a man who had never experienced acute physical pain for years together and I as a physician did not know what a stereotatic biopsy of the brain was.
The neurosurgeon informed us that the biopsy itself caused little pain but the fitting of the rim to the head to do the biopsy was quite painful.
I left him in the hands of capable doctors and met him an hour later with the rim fitted to his skull.

What struck me immediately was the close resemblance that his head had to the head of Jesus with the crown of thorns.
The rim was fitted on the head with nails driven into the front and back of the skull with blood marks as evidence of the painful ordeal.
He shook his head and with tears streaming down his face, with feeble voice asked me,” What’s this? The crown of thorns?”

I couldn’t say much, my voice seemed to be caught unawares temporarily, as he was wheeled to the scanning room where he was made to lie with his modern day crown in the scanning machine and spend another hour to get more scans before the biopsy.
The biopsy over, we returned home in a couple of days .The biopsy confirmed the radiological diagnosis. Advanced cancer of the left brain, in layman’s terms.

We took him to yet another hospital for yet another opinion from the best of neurosurgeons regarding management but there seemed to be not much hope in the words they spoke.

Surgery-out of question
Radiation-basically no effect, but then we can say that we did something
Chemotherapy-no use

Back home, now on essential medication, his speech slurred often and his handwriting went awry.
His focus now shifted to God and prayer. Though no one ever told him the final diagnosis, it was evident that he realized that his time was running out.
He was now more alert to the spiritual aspect of his life. His daughter had been praying for the past several years for his salvation.

His right upper limb was just hanging limply by his shoulder soon.
One night his daughter decided it was time to explain Romans 10:9, 10 and help him pray the sinners prayer with whatever speech was now left and he did it on that wonderful night a month back.
His right side was totally paralyzed soon and he started getting convulsions. He lapsed into a coma 5 days back; still breathing as I write this, waiting for Jesus’ time to call him back.

What we are glad about is that God gave him time to get ready for eternity. Pain made him look to Jesus and his crown and pay attention to the Creator and forget his own righteousness with which he had been living for the past several decades. Often we wondered whether there would be a miraculous healing for we and several others prayed earnestly for it for the past 3 months. Some who prayed said “yes”, some “no” regarding a healing.

The best was said by Jesus, about him (my father in law), one night to my wife (his daughter) as she prayed…..”Your father will live and walk ….in heaven soon!”
Praise the Lord!

From the Doctor’s Diary-4-Workers

The Apostle Paul devotes half a chapter in Romans 16 to people who may seem quite insignificant if we take the New Testament as a whole. Insignificant because if I asked 100 believers if they knew who Andronicus and Junias are, I guess more than 90% would shake their head in the negative.

Yet Paul the great apostle writes to the Romans,
“Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles and they were in Christ before me.”(Romans 16:7)
Ever heard of Ampliatus,Urbanus,Stachys,Tryphena and Tryphosa?
They are all there in the same chapter and of the last two, Paul writes” Those women who work hard in the Lord”

Well, the world as a whole and the Christian world too may not know them as they know Paul but are they insignificant?
Are you and me and our work for the Lord insignificant just because we are not well known?

Sometime back, one day as I got some leisure time from my medical work, I read a Christian magazine that had been sent by a friend and the more I read, the more despondent I felt. Not that it had unworthy content but this was an issue devoted to the greats of the Christian world living now. Self pity gathered in me rapidly and the Old Man in me started making painful comments.

“Look at them; they are the ones who are doing real work for the Lord”
“Look at you, you are doing nothing”
I tried to argue with the Old Self inside me, but the thoughts of my insignificance increased rapidly and the day was spoiled well and sure.
As I sat brooding for a while, the Holy Spirit spoke to me in a gentle but firm whisper. Actually He brought to my mind the picture of a newly built house and then after a while asked me,
“Tell me Son, How did this house come into being?
Well! I said, I guess someone wanted a house built, so he got an architect to draw a plan and then an engineer to get it built.
The Voice continued,” And who all may have been possibly involved in the construction?”
I thought about it and then replied-Masons,Carpenters,Plumbers,Electricians .
“And what if there were no masons?’ the Voice asked
You can’t possibly build a house without masons being involved, I said, rather amused.
“And what if there were no electricians?
“Darkness, I answered.
“If no plumbers?”
No bathrooms, no sanitation, that’s unthinkable!

Well! That’s the point, He said.
What point? I asked
You see, He explained,” Each believer plays a very significant role in the building of the Kingdom of God. The role that you play may seem insignificant to you and to others because it may lack glamour and glitz. No one admiring a house from outside would ever give credit to the electrician, because his work is unseen. But when daylight disappears and darkness falls, everyones first thoughts would be to dispel the darkness by switching on the lights and only then the importance of the electrician’s work becomes evident. So also with the plumbers work. Seldom is it heard that a plumber received an award for his work in the building of a mansion.

The still small Voice finally said,” There’s no need to feel any despair regarding the work that you are doing now. If you are faithful in the work that He has entrusted you with, you will receive your reward, when the time comes. And if you are willing to pay a higher price in carrying the cross, spiritual promotions are waiting for you in the future”

That pep talk from the Holy Spirit gave me peace in my heart and as I thought about the whole matter I came to some conclusions.
God the Father wants His house built and He has entrusted the task into the hands of The Master Architect, His Son, Jesus Christ and The Master Builder, the Holy Spirit is getting the work done.

For this He has chosen you and me as workers. Our work for Him may differ but our aim is the same and that is to build the House as per the specifications of the Master Architect and Builder. He may use me and you as an electrician (i.e. to dispel the darkness) or as a mason (to give a firm structure) or as carpenter (to bring in fresh air) or as a plumber (to provide proper sanitation).IF YOU THINK ABOUT THESE IN THE TERMS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST, YOU WILL REALISE THE IMPORTANCE
Whatever it is, let us be faithful to Him in all the work that He has entrusted us with.

Only then when the time comes, we will be able to hear the Master’s blessed voice saying,
“Well done, Good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness.”(Matthew 25:21)
Praise the Lord

Last edited by a moderator:
From The Doctor's Diary-5- The Truth shall set you free

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

The first time I heard about it, I was both fascinated and intrigued. I was and am always fascinated by the power of the Holy Spirit but this was new. A man filled with so much power so as to be able to blow air from his mouth upon another in front and make him/her fall dawn on the ground. They called it” Slain in the spirit”

Wow! This is great; I said then. (This was a few yrs. ago). My wife was averse to the phenomenon saying that it didn’t seem right. But then the, man in question preached the full gospel and seemed to have a genuine experience of God as he spoke and wrote his testimony. His books were and are filled with lectures of the Holy Spirit and the anointing.

1994 was the year and I read a lot about the phenomenon. As much readable material (news abstracts, and books) I could lay my hands on, I read. I searched the Bible for an answer. I wrote an article in a leading Indian Christian magazine (Faith Today) vouching for the genuiness of the phenomenon.

The man in question was coming from the USA to India and a large crusade was arranged in a neighboring state. “This is a must”; we must go; I told my wife. She was not really enthusiastic but still agreed. What made me even surer of this man’s ministry was that another man of God from Chennai had invited him to conduct the “Miracle Crusade” as it was called. I remember a servant of God introducing “the man in question” that 1st day of the crusade as the “Man of God for the hour”.

The singing continued long; the man preached only for 20 minutes or so and then announced suddenly “The Holy Spirit” is here. 5 of us had gone as a family seeking for more of God spiritually and physically. The so called healing commenced with the man calling out names of sickness. Some went on stage to give testimonies. And then suddenly it started raining so heavily that everyone scampered helter skelter for cover. But on the beach (where the crusade was held) there was no cover except the sky and most of the 50,000- 1 lakh people were drenched to their bones. We were soaked, the roads were overflowing with water and the traffic jam was bad. To escape the rain’s fury we had to reach the hotel as soon as possible. 3 of us 5 got separated because of the crowd jostling. Later we met together after 1/2 hr. at a road crossing. I rebuked satan for bringing on the rains but today I wonder whether it was really satan/ God who brought on the rains and whom I had rebuked.

Poor discernment I guess; but God is the best teacher. We attended 2 days of crusade meeting and returned back. A year or so passed. My fascination for the man’s ministry grew and I seeked God for similar power. And then one night, 1 yr.after we had gone for the crusade I saw a dream one night. “I saw the man with the great ministry, who blows air to make people fall and speaks a lot of the anointing standing before me smoking a cigarette and me telling him, “That’s not right; that’s against the “Word of God”. He smiled mockingly at me.”

The next morning I woke up and we (I and my wife) discussed the dream and when we got free time asked the Holy Spirit during prayer to explain the vision. I knew that the smoking of the cigarette was not indicating that he was a smoker but something deeper a mystery. And what the Holy Spirit revealed was so shocking. “The power was not of God but satanic and the Holy Spirit was not involved in the healings. The phenomenon was from evil spirits mimicking the power of God.”

Later I had questions for God.
Q: How does the man know so much about the Holy Spirit.?
A. He reads and has read a lot of material on the Holy Spirit. So he keeps speaking. He reads and is well versed with the Bible too.

Q. Where from the power then and the miracles?
A. All counterfeit; satanic power manifested to such an extent that even the elite fall for it.

If this was shocking for me, it must be for some of you too. Some of you can’t believe it. Trust the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.

In the book of Malachi we read,
And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not. (Malachi 3:18)

When the man in question motioned with his hands for the Holy Spirit to come on the people, through a vision the Holy Spirit himself revealed several evil spirits being cast at the people seeking the power. The Holy Spirit also revealed the mans quest for more and more satanic power and idols that he worship to get the same. O! What a pity that even God’s servants including me are fooled by such satanic tricks.

These are the last days, dear friend. Even the elite are being deceived by satan coming as an angel of light. If the great man of God who invited that imposter from abroad was deceived, what about the ordinary (Ordinary in the sight of man) Christian.

The deception is very subtle, so one has to have discerning power of Holy Spirit. We can only trust God the Almighty in this matter.
I have been in earshot range ( not gone) of so called Christian conventions held by people who say they too are approved by God when they are still worshipping idols and I have been to and take part in true worship in spirit and in truth. These days the deception is so fine that often a person without discernment of spirits can hardly make out the difference. The singing is great, the preaching alike and the healings are there for everyone to see.

Yet, the truth is that only God can heal.

It’s easy for satan to pull off a trick on a sick person whom he has afflicted. As the false worship reaches the crescendo the evil spirit that has afflicted a part of the sick person’s body just withdraws itself and presto we have a so called healing. The healed person may go off feeling free, only to be afflicted in another way on his person that very day. He takes a new bondage home, so as to say.

Often I have asked the question;
“Why doesn’t God destroy these cheats? The answer is,
“He has made everything beautiful in it’s time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Also that God can bring good out of evil too for He is Master of All and All in All. Praise Him for that.

The days are very evil dear friend. One must be very careful. Trust in the Holy Spirit to lead you to the right place of worship. Wait upon the Lord and He will guide you wonderfully.

As we read in Isaiah 30:21
“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way, walk in it”.

On the 2nd day of the crusade in ‘95 there was a special meeting for the servants of God. A big bunch from all over India had gathered for special empowering from on high. “What a pity” that none could discern. I was there holding high my wife’s hand when the man said we were going to be filled with heavenly power. As the man showed a throwing action with his hand towards the audience, people literally staggered back. As indication that they were struck by the power. The Holy Spirit explained this: the evil spirit performing this trick uses force to push back the people and they stagger back or fall.

Later we enquired of God about a famed woman evangelist who as the story goes walked through a kitchen and many people including cooks fell under the power.

And in reply the Holy Spirit said, that God does not go about pushing people down to show His power. How true what the great apostle Paul writes to the Corinthians.

“For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their action deserve” (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

Be on your guard friend. Trust only in Jesus. Let Him guide you continually in these end days, by His Holy Spirit.

From the Doctor’s Diary-6-We Need Grace To Give

I had a patient-She was a frail 84 yr.old spinster who walked with a waddling gait and a groan that could be heard at quite a distance. A body ravaged by Diabetes had made her movements very painful and her climb to my first floor consulting would leave her gasping for breath. But she came nevertheless for her monthly Diabetic checkup and also to give me something that she was so regular and particular about.

Amidst groans she would smile and tell me that it was her earnest prayer to God that she may not get bedridden before she died, because there would be no one to look after her if something like that happened.
This time as I gave her advice regarding her sickness, she opened her purse and gave me a 100 Rs.note (around 2$) (not my consulting charges, for I charged her nothing) and said” It’s 50Rs.less than usual, I didn’t get my pension this month, I had to borrow it.”
You don’t have to; I said, feeling rather disturbed and tried to give it back to her.
“No! Keep it; she insisted, it’s for God’s work”
You don’t borrow to give for God’s work, especially when you don’t have money for yourself, I argued.
No amount of coaxing on my part would make her take back the money.
“It’s O.K. The pension will come soon, she smiled and walked away slowly with the prescription and the few medicine samples that I gave her.
I felt rather disturbed that day thinking about her gesture.

To be frank, I have seen quite a few well to do and rich people avoid me thinking I would ask them money for God’s work(though I have never ever asked),but here was a poor old woman giving willingly and out of her poverty.
I remembered the widow’s offering in Mark Ch.12
“Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury (I guess, He must be doing that when we too put the money into the offertory on Sundays) Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins worth only a fraction of a penny. Calling His disciples to Him, Jesus said,” I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth, but she out of her poverty, put in everything, all she had to live on.”{v.41-44)

Now what would be the cause for an old, frail, sick woman to borrow money to give to God’s work? What’s your guess?

I think it is simple, pure love for Jesus, Don’t you?

Remember, the Apostle Paul writing to the Corinthians about the Macedonian Churches;
“And now brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian Churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege in sharing in this service to the saints. And they did not do so as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God’s will.”(2 Corinthians 8:1-5)
A few important points that we can note from this giving by the Macedonian Churches:
1. They did it during a time of severe trial
2. They did it with overflowing joy
3. They gave as much as they were able
4. They gave beyond their ability
5. They considered giving a privilege
6. They gave entirely on their own, not by force/coaxing/cajoling
7. They gave to the Lord and to his servants too.
Perhaps we can check our giving too (point by point.)
I guess I too may fall short regarding one or two points in the above.

The old lady in this story died a few months back. As she had asked of Jesus, she was not bedridden and had a peaceful death.
In my account books that I submit every year I guess no one would have ever noticed or recognized her name or the amount that she gave regularly and not many may have known about this sacrificial act of hers, but the books above are different. They are eternal and this big act of love of hers will never lose its reward from the Master.

wow this story has helped my faith and the scripture (I will never leave nor forsake you) I felt I was being spoken too here personally..thankyou

I have only now decided to read these stories and they were all very touching. I'm so glad I took the time to do so now! Nos. 2 and 6 stood out to me a lot, a real blessing. I pray that God continues to use you in the way He sees fit. God bless You!

Alicia

From the Doctor’s Diary-7-Legalism

Christians are caught up in all kinds of legalism in their lives. Here is an account of one such incident that a patient of mine recounted. She was very particular that her children, 2 teenager sons, read the Bible and pray before they had dinner every evening. The sons were not so much in favor of this but to please their mother they nevertheless did it. One evening the younger son was hungry and pleaded with his mother that he eat before the evening family prayer. The mother forbid him from doing so, telling him that, that would be a dishonor to God and that she would not serve him food. The little talk snowballed into an argument with neither willing to give up. Finally the boy ran to the kitchen and filled his plate with the food prepared for dinner. The mother, seeing this ran after him and snatched the plate from his hands and spat into it. On seeing this, the boy started weeping uncontrollably and receded to a corner and did not pray or eat that evening; neither did he talk to his mother for several days.

This mother, as she told me this story of hers was guilt ridden regarding the whole thing. A day after the incident, as she was resting in her room, lightning struck her house and a whole lot of valuable items were destroyed. This made her think and she finally came to a conclusion that it was because of her insensitivity to her boy that God had punished her.
Whether this was God’s way of dealing with the problem thus, is not the question here, but the legalism in the attitude of the mother.
It’s good to give our best time to the Lord, but would God be angry if we prayed after dinner?

The Bible says,
“You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.” (Galatians 5:4)

“The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself.”(Galatians 5:14)

“But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.” (Galatians 5:1

“We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.” (1 Timothy 1:

“Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.” (James 2:12, 13)

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Legalism destroys our own peace and we bring misery to others too. So let’s abide by the advice given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ-
“I desire mercy, not sacrifice.”(Matthew 12:7)

“Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”(Matthew 5:7)

From the Doctor’s Diary-8-There is only one judge

One of the things that often rattled me in the early days of my work for God was people failing to act on the Godly counsel or prophecy I had given them.

When they did not follow my instruction, sometimes I would almost try to attack them with the Word of God. The next 4-5 messages would be directed against that person in particular. You know the sort of messages that come up from inside you when the Godly counsel that you give is not obeyed. Let me name a few;
"The angel standing in Balaam's way"
"The punishment of Eli & his sons"
"The destruction of Saul"
"The destruction of Achan"
"The destruction of Dathan, Abiram…………"
"Miriam getting leprosy"……………
and so on and so forth.

Frustration set in slowly.
My question to Jesus was why?

Why don't they obey? After all it is your Word that I'm telling them. Then why don't they obey? After a few days of persistence, Jesus answered and said, "It's your job to tell them what you are told by me. Whether they obey or not, is not your problem, but theirs and after prophesying you can leave the rest to me. When it’s my time to judge, I will judge. Leave that part to me."

I felt that His words were tough, but it gave me more insight into His Word.

God in his mercy gives us a word or two as prophecy, but we often mistake it as God has given us authority to judge another believer or servant of God; which in fact is totally wrong. Of course we'll be judging even angels according to the Word of God, but that's a little while away.

Moral

The Bible says, "There is only one law giver and judge, the one who is able to save and destroy." (James 4:12). And that is JESUS.

The servant's job is to listen to the Master's voice, give the message God has given Him and leave the judging part to the Master.

From the Doctor’s Diary-9-Anger resides in the lap of fools

One day because of certain happenings in my home, I was very irritated and angry.
Not only that, a patient had come and troubled me no end. Not able to find anyone to vent my anger, I poured a part of it on my wife and children.

One of the ways that God's speaks to man is through nature. And the Holy Spirit thought this was an appropriate occasion to speak to me in an unusual way.

In to my room flew a wasp and in its desperation to get out of the room, started stinging everything it touched. Enraged, as it was, it did not stop at anything.

Quickly and silently the Holy Spirit spoke,
"Aren't you like that wasp? Stinging anything and everything (anyone) for no fault of theirs? Before Satan gets a foothold, spit out your anger."

That counsel put out the fire in me in just a moment.

Sometimes we are like Jonah the prophet. When God asked him, "Have you any right to be angry?"
He said, "I do, I am angry enough to die." Foolish; one may think! But that was his answer.

Moral

The Great Preacher Solomon says; do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
Mediating on these words will make us meeker in our ways I guess.

From the Doctor’s Diary-11- I am the God of Abraham

"There above it stood the Lord, and he said: "I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac...."(Genesis 28:13)

It was a time of fresh spiritual lows in my life. Many distressing situations coming one after the other.One night I just woke up and instead of praying or praising God, I just sat on my bed, thinking of all the problems in my life. I just sat brooding, feeling sad, contemplating the situations. It must have been quite a while, but then I heard the unmistakable voice of my Saviour Jesus speaking clearly to me saying, "I am the God of Abraham." It startled me and I sat upright thinking that there was more to come from the Lord, as He often speaks to me, but this night, it was just those few words, "I am the God of Abraham"

That set my mind thinking. Surely and truly, Jesus was involved in all my problems as He was with Abraham's. Abraham had quite a few spiritual lows in his life (not fully trusting God and taking Hagar as wife and all the ensuing problems, telling Pharaoh in Egypt and Abimelech in Gerar that Sarah was his sister to escape death at their hands, being left with a desert land when Lot chose the plain of Jordan[to name a few])

Yet God was with him through all things, never leaving him nor forsaking him. By telling me that He is the God of Abraham, God was affirming the truth to me once again that as He was with Abraham, so He was with me.

And to you who read this, be assured that you are not alone in your daily struggles; your Lord Jesus is with you. He says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love."

Thank you for posting your experiences.

God speaks to me in unusual ways also. He healed me with a yellow Jacket sting once.(one of the reasons I like anything with strypes!) And brought me great Joy using a butterfly. He has used an ugly twisted root to help me face a fear I had, and most recently sleep depravation to show me that he understands my human condition.
(he carried his cross whilst sleep deprived).

Your stories have encouraged me this morning.

Thank you for posting your experiences.

God speaks to me in unusual ways also. He healed me with a yellow Jacket sting once.(one of the reasons I like anything with strypes!) And brought me great Joy using a butterfly. He has used an ugly twisted root to help me face a fear I had, and most recently sleep depravation to show me that he understands my human condition.
(he carried his cross whilst sleep deprived).

Your stories have encouraged me this morning.

Dear Strypes, How loving our Savior is! He loves to fellowship with His children at all times and uses any of the methods He chooses. All glory to Him. God bless you.