• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

From the Doctor's Diary-1- Heavenly help is on the way

From the Doctor’s Diary-12- Jesus Saves

" Because he loves me, says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." (Psalms 91:14)

Jesus has averted many potentially disastrous accidents in our lives. I remember one incident in particular. After finishing my work for the day at the clinic, I walked to my car parked in the vicinity of the clinic. I started my car and had just moved forward turning to the right, when I heard a snapping sound at the left front of the vehicle. Disembarking to check after stopping the car, to my shock I found the left joint wheel broken and the left tyre lying in an ackward position.

After getting a mechanic and having the thing fixed, as I travelled, I thought of the incident. It may look trivial on the whole but suppose it had happened in the middle of traffic or at a busy intersection or when the vehicle was in full speed; the consequences would have been disastrous. Jesus averted a great calamity by letting the thing that happened, only just as I started the vehicle.

Often we as believers tend to consider such happenings as trivial or of no importance when infact God works silently day in and day out averting dangers and disasters for us. May all the glory be to Him for doing so.

From the Doctor's Diary-13-Return To Dust

You turn men back to dust,saying, "Return to dust, O sons of men."(Psalms 90:3)

The other day I happened to visit a close relative at the hospital. The visit infact wouldn't mean much to him for he lay in a coma with tubes stuck in his neck and arms and him breathing with the help of a ventilator. "No hope" the Doctor said, "overwhelming sepsis and bleeding from multiple sites."

The margin between life and death became narrower by the minute.One could probably say it hung by a thread. Perhaps waiting for that one command that everyone born and have died and will in future die are compelled to hear.

The golden word being "Return."

Looking at it from a spiritual realm, the word "Return" has such great significance. The one who gives the breath of life commands that it be taken back and no one rich or poor, famed or unknown, big or small can say no to that command. Though Doctors and medical staff may work overtime to maintain the breath and heartbeat with ventilators, defibrillators and expensive life saving drugs, they have to bow to the words of the Almighty when He to a person says, "Return."

The psalmist knowing the utter fraility of man thus sums up in Psalm 8, "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him." (Psalms 8:4)

From the Doctor’s Diary-14- Miracle

"MIRACLE"
---------
Lake St.Louis,USA
(Written in April 2000)

It was barely a month ago that Jesus brought up this plan of us four (Me, my wife, 2 Daughters) coming to the USA (from India).Till then He had only mentioned often that we would be going to the States in the future.Our elder daughter's exams were getting over and the counsel of the Lord was that I must temporarily take leave from my medical practice and start praying and working on the matters pertaining to visiting the USA for 2 months."It's impossible",was the quote that we heard from everyone when we told them of our plans.
There was discouragement pouring in from all sides but the Holy Spirit kept on urging us that Jesus was on our side and a miracle was on the cards if we trusted in Jesus.

First things first and so we immediately contacted my brother-in-law who lived in St.Louis.He was very receptive to the idea and said he would send the necessary papers right away but added a word of caution that our application for visa may be rejected by the US Consulate.All the agents we approached said,"It's, not possible","You are a Doctor,they'll never let you in","Perhaps you should try alone,don't waste money on the visa forms","You and your wife are so young,they'll never let you in." But we insisted in knowing the details and what papers were needed on our behalf.

There were other problems too.My passport validity was soon expiring and I had already applied for a new one through an agent 45 days back.When this plan came up I contacted him and asked why I had not yet received the new passport since so much time had elapsed since I applied for it.He enquired regarding the matter and informed me that since my old passport was issued in Bombay ,some verifications were to be done there ,hence the delay. That afternoon my father came to our rented house and said-we have bad news,the police had come home and said that there was a police case registered against me and unless that was solved I could not get my passport.I knew this was a satanic bombshell to discourage us and we remained calm.That evening we travelled to the police station to enquire of the special officer what was up and he informed us that the computer had picked up a case registered against us for which a verdict was not yet passed.We told him that it was true that there was a case registered against us in a vehicle accident in 1994 but the verdict was already done with and the insurance company were only involved in the case now. He checked the records and found it was true,so he said he will send the report in a couple of days.But we urged him saying that this was urgent and I needed the passport right away.

He said it was not possible to do anything now as it was Friday and we would have to wait until Monday when the report could be sent.That caused a bit of a dejection but we still praised the Lord on our way back that He had solved yet another problem for us by His abundant grace.The next morning I thought it would be better to go and see the officer again and remind him of our matter. I did not find him at the station,so I thought I 'd check on the agent to give him this news,but I did not find him either.So I decided to go home and check on other matters to be done, little knowing that I was to witness another wonderful miracle.

My wife opened the door and she was smiling.What's up? I asked.She went inside and brought a cover which was self explanatory ,it was my new passport.We just praised the Lord for the great miracle that He had done for us.She said it had come by post and my father had brought it.But it could not have been! is the usual phrase heard in this circumstance,but remember with God all things are possible

There were other problems immediately.We didn't know that our 2 year old child needed a new passport and so we had to apply it afresh after deleting her name from my wife's passport.But a new rule had come wherein we could get a new passport for her within 2 days. And so in a couple of weeks time we were ready with all necessary documents to visit the American Consulate for a visa.Not many were hopeful,not many encouraging but Jesus has His ways.He would always encourage us.Have a positive attitude He would say ,do not think anything negative,dwell on my Word to remove all unbelief. I memorized a lot of verses pertaining to the situation and would speak it out loudly to increase our faith and remove all unbelief.

The day at the Consulate was tiring and it was past noon when we were ushered in for the interview.There were 3 counters (3,4&5).And the Holy Spirit indicated to my wife that we must go to counter No.3.So though we initially stood in the counter No. 4 queue ,we shifted to No.3 queue .It was wonderful to hear the words,"Go pay your visa fees,your visas will be sent by courier today".Our hearts were filled with praises for this great work of God for us.We were thankful to the US Consulate for granting us the 2 month visit visa.

Everyone who heard it said it was a miracle.I wonder how many of them really know what a Miracle is. A near perfect definition is-A miracle is an event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin and an act of God.It involves the direct intervention of God.God is the Creator and He can work in ways that are impossible for us.

Miracles are a common thing for the believer. As you read this testimony you will understand the working of miracles from the spiritual view point and also know that once the battle is won in the spiritual world,things happen automatically in the physical realm. Holiness,Faith,Consecration,Faithfulness all count.But ultimately it's

"Not by might and not by power but by my Spirit,says the Lord Almighty".(Zechariah 4:6).Praise the Lord .

From the Doctor’s Diary-15-Our Homes

Jesus said, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” (John 14:23) (NIV)

An easily noticeable and admirable fact in this verse is that Jesus said, that He and His Father wants “to make their home” with the one who obeys His teaching. Jesus didn’t say He and the Father were going to stay in such a person’s house. They were going to make their home with him.
A house differs from a home in that; a house may not really be a home. A home is different. Home is where one is cared for, loved, cherished and nourished by one’s own. A home need not be a house too, for in India where I live, there are the poor, some of whom who live in huts and concrete pipes. No one can or will dare to call huts and pipes, houses but they are homes to families. Homes they can come back to, after work; whatever work it may be, perhaps even begging. A curtain at one end of the concrete pipe and another curtain at another end for privacy and that’s the home for some for decades.

Wherever it be, the Lord said He and the Father were going to make their home with the ones faithful to Him. How wondrous this promise.
Pity the rich and affluent, living in mansions sans Christ and rotting away spiritually in their rebellion to His voice.

A home with the presence of the triune God is blessed. Not that such a home has no problems, but this one has a blessed promise for it.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalms 46:1) (NIV)
An ever present Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
But nothing here is forever though, not even our blessed homes.

King Solomon once wrote,
“Then man goes to his eternal home and mourners go about the streets. (Ecclesiastes 12:5c) (NIV)
Yes, that’s the final destination of all who are born on earth. Sadly for some, this may not be the very thing that they desire though, for they land up in torment in the place prepared for the devil and his cohorts. But for those who have walked the narrow path, what a homecoming it would be with the prophecy of Revelation 21 being fulfilled.

“And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:3, 4) (NIV)

Looking at it in another way, home now for us is where our spirit and soul live, that is our fleshly body. But that too is a temporary home for our spirit and soul. For this fleshly body will not last long. The Apostle Peter speaking of this says,
“I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.” (2 Peter 1:13, 14) (NIV)

Be that as it may, believers have a glorious promise from the Lord and we read this in the Apostle Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians,
“Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.” (2 Corinthians 5:1) (NIV)

The “earthly tent” here being our physical bodies now and “the eternal house in heaven” being the glorified bodies that we will receive when we enter eternity.

The things that we call “Homes” here and now on earth could be rightly termed “Temporary Homes.” Be it our physical bodies, be it our congregations or be it our shelters where we and our loved ones live. Every believer in Christ is exhorted in the Word of God to look forward, to hope and pray for something more everlasting- “An Eternal HOME.” Praise the Lord.