• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

FORGIVENESS

Active
I have discovered that so many of the problems some Christians have is caused by unforgiveness. At some time in their past they have been hurt by other people and that hurt is so big that it has taken over much of their lives. They unwittingly hold on to the hurt and anger and swear to themselves that they will never forgive the person or persons responsible. I have come across this issue many times particularly with those like the ones I have talked about in a previous post who just go 'round and round'.

This unforgiveness, which is understandable, holds them back from moving forwards both in their real lives and in their Christian walk with God. They tend to get comfortable holding on to the hurt and unforgiveness and find it hard to let go. But the truth is once they have let go and made the decision to let go of the resentment, anger and bitterness the Holy spirit will help them take the necessary steps towards full forgiveness.

If you want God to be merciful to you; you must be merciful to others.

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Four steps to forgiveness.

1 – Say it. To forgive you must first of all say it, even if you say it with gritted teeth and you don’t mean it.

2 – Mean it. Then you must ask God to give you the grace to mean it. It may take a long time but be committed to it and keep saying it until you really do mean it.

3 – Feel it. After a while you will begin to feel it , impossible as that may sound.

4 – Forget it. And in time with God’s help you can forget it and be free.

Forgiveness doesn’t mean the guilty are not guilty.

Say it on a daily basis – “I forgive him, I forgive him, I forgive him” – until you actually want it to happen. And in order to forgive first of all we need to pray about it and receive God’s grace..

Say it until you mean it. The pain of the hurts may get worse as the memories open up again, so be prepared for this to happen. But in time you will begin to feel the forgiveness in your heart.

Forgiving is good for us and we will start to feel better and will no longer be a victim but a victor.

To experience God’s forgiveness we must first forgive others. When we live in the benefit of God’s forgiveness good things happen to us and we begin to feel free. We start to live in the future instead of the past and we get our futures back.

Active
Forgiving is good for us and we will start to feel better and will no longer be a victim but a victor.
One thing else Pearl - one can pray to God for him to help us to forgive- to soften our hearts - to take away the hurt we may be suffering - to guard us from bitterness.
Again this is the work of the Holy Spirit in the Spirit-filled Christian.

Active
One thing else Pearl - one can pray to God for him to help us to forgive- to soften our hearts - to take away the hurt we may be suffering - to guard us from bitterness.
So true.

Loyal
Just a question, and please do not grow horns. IS there a hard penalty in this life for that, is there a eternal penalty? and if not what is the use. in not forgiving. one day you will be in heaven. All sins are for given. Go on in life for there is no eternal penalty. are there many who feel like that and why.
"Bible Discussion" :eyes:

PS For following Christ we will suffer and great suffering anyhow , for that is our calling to deny ones self. All of Christ disciples suffered great pain and violent deaths, Then and Now. For it is the calling of a "true Christian" and will grow worst and worst, until He arrives. A true christian life is a dangerous lifestyle form the days of Jesus throughout history clear into the "Millennial" period. Until the Father rain down fire upon them.

"When the thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his prison, and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to assemble them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the seashore.

And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them. And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Shalom

Active
Just a question, and please do not grow horns. IS there a hard penalty in this life for that, is there a eternal penalty? and if not what is the use. in not forgiving. one day you will be in heaven. All sins are for given. Go on in life for there is no eternal penalty. are there many who feel like that and why.
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Loyal
Do people act like they really believe that. And for those words, are easily flow their mouths. "i forgive you". And how often are those words highly emphasize and dissected. And what is their motive for doing so?

Active
Do people act like they really believe that. And for those words, are easily flow their mouths. "i forgive you". And how often are those words highly emphasize and dissected. And what is their motive for doing so?
You obviously haven't read all my OP.

Active
I said the in the OP

Loyal
I said the in the OP
Many people do not know what the Holy Spirit is, they might know the joy of the HS, but many people do not know what being filled with the Holy Spirit is,, many people do not know or understand one thing you are speaking concerning the Holy Spirt! You can say Filled, anointed, Bless by the Holy Spirit, baptize by the Holy Spirit , it means Absolutely Nothing to them! Both Christians and Nominal Christians many do not know what those words mean, those words means nothing to them, neither can they understand what you mean. For those words are just "foreign to their ears"!

But maybe if you would use the words Jesus proclaim about the "Holy Spirit" they might receive a grasp of what the "Holy Spirit' is. But who wants to promote the Words of Jesus pertaining to The Holy Spirit of GOD?

Jesus said:
15If you love Me, you will keepe My commandments. 16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocatef to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.

25All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 15:26
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father--He will testify about Me.

John 16:7
But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the
Righteous One.

American Standard Version
Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the "Paraclete" will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you.

PS For many christians and believers, have a limited knowledge what the Ministry of The "Advocate" the Paraclete is.
only thing they proclaim, the gifts of the spirit, the gifts of the spirit, the of the spirit, the Holy Spirit told me this, the Holy Spirit told me this, all day long, year after year same elementary stuff. Never understands him and who He really is, He is a "Advocate" The Paraclete!
And everybody since the internet want to quote "transliterated Greek"! and calling it greek!

It is going on and on and on, no one is standing up for the Truth!

I don't know if those who know, are scare to speak up against nonsense. We are supposed to promote Jesus, not to please mankind, and tickle their ears.

I know it sounds like hate Speech. No but it is the kind of speech liken to: "they have turn our world upside down" & "And they were pricked to the heart"

Active
Many people do not know what the Holy Spirit is, they might know the joy of the HS, but many people do not know what being filled with the Holy Spirit is,, many people do not know or understand one thing you are speaking concerning the Holy Spirt! You can say Filled, anointed, Bless by the Holy Spirit, baptize by the Holy Spirit , it means Absolutely Nothing to them! Both Christians and Nominal Christians many do not know what those words mean, those words means nothing to them, neither can they understand what you mean. For those words are just "foreign to their ears"!

But maybe if you would use the words Jesus proclaim about the "Holy Spirit" they might receive a grasp of what the "Holy Spirit' is. But who wants to promote the Words of Jesus pertaining to The Holy Spirit of GOD?

Jesus said:
15If you love Me, you will keepe My commandments. 16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocatef to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.

25All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 15:26
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father--He will testify about Me.

John 16:7
But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the
Righteous One.

American Standard Version
Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the "Paraclete" will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you.

PS For many christians and believers, have a limited knowledge what the Ministry of The "Advocate" the Paraclete is.
only thing they proclaim, the gifts of the spirit, the gifts of the spirit, the of the spirit, the Holy Spirit told me this, the Holy Spirit told me this, all day long, year after year same elementary stuff. Never understands him and who He really is, He is a "Advocate" The Paraclete!
And everybody since the internet want to quote "transliterated Greek"! and calling it greek!

It is going on and on and on, no one is standing up for the Truth!

I don't know if those who know, are scare to speak up against nonsense. We are supposed to promote Jesus, not to please mankind, and tickle their ears.

I know it sounds like hate Speech. No but it is the kind of speech liken to: "they have turn our world upside down" & "And they were pricked to the heart"
Sorry you didn't understand the OP.

Loyal
Sorry you didn't understand the OP.
I am sorry I fully understood your "OP". But I do understand that all " Posts" should be "Christ-centered" if It is "Theological" possible, and Its roots, is in "Christ Jesus"

So I took my approach in such a matter, for the purpose of edifying and reminding, "The Saints of GOD" with added clarity, and doing no harm. The course of "Forgiveness" "According to The Gospel of Jesus Christ' and not "According to the Doctrine of Mankind"! And that it is Impossible for a "christian" or any other to preform an act of "True" Forgiveness" unless that person, creature has been fueled By "The Spirit of THE LIVING GOD", For this act, one must receive the "Ability" to do so! For if not , the words of forgiveness are just mere words falling out of ones mouth, that has not effect in the "Eyes of GOD" they are just mere words spoken by a "corrupted creature" called Adam.

(Matt. 18)KJV
"Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was Angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. So like wise shall my heavenly Father [will] do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his BROTHERS their trespasses."

For in Christ there are "Variables" in the "acts' of "forgiveness" and many reasons why. Which is Proclaim in the "Gospel According to Jesus Christ" which is far different and better than in the "gospel according to mankind" and the 'gospel according to the doctrine of man" pertaining to the acts of "forgiveness".

"Without ME, you cannot do Nothing"!

For my view point is not, the view of a christian or a believer. But My view concerning this matter is The view point of one of "The Sons of The Living GOD", i speak these words, in the mind of humility. For His Words, rings in my soul:

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

LORD knows, I have CONFESS JESUS TODAY!:pensive: and have deny the thoughts of man.:relieved:

Repent for The Kingdom of GOD is at hand!

Shalom, my brothers and sisters that are in Christ Jesus who is our LORD. small caps.

Active
I have discovered that so many of the problems some Christians have is caused by unforgiveness. At some time in their past they have been hurt by other people and that hurt is so big that it has taken over much of their lives. They unwittingly hold on to the hurt and anger and swear to themselves that they will never forgive the person or persons responsible. I have come across this issue many times particularly with those like the ones I have talked about in a previous post who just go 'round and round'.

This unforgiveness, which is understandable, holds them back from moving forwards both in their real lives and in their Christian walk with God. They tend to get comfortable holding on to the hurt and unforgiveness and find it hard to let go. But the truth is once they have let go and made the decision to let go of the resentment, anger and bitterness the Holy spirit will help them take the necessary steps towards full forgiveness.

1 – Say it. To forgive you must first of all say it, even if you say it with gritted teeth and you don’t mean it.

2 – Mean it. Then you must ask God to give you the grace to mean it. It may take a long time but be committed to it and keep saying it until you really do mean it.

3 – Feel it. After a while you will begin to feel it , impossible as that may sound.

Say it on a daily basis – “I forgive him, I forgive him, I forgive him” – until you actually want it to happen. And in order to forgive first of all we need to pray about it and receive God’s grace..

Say it until you mean it. The pain of the hurts may get worse as the memories open up again, so be prepared for this to happen. But in time you will begin to feel the forgiveness in your heart.

To experience God’s forgiveness we must first forgive others. When we live in the benefit of God’s forgiveness good things happen to us and we begin to feel free. We start to live in the future instead of the past and we get our futures back.

Amen. Forgiving is not a suggestion, it's mandatory prerequisite to ourselves being forgiven. Jesus made that clear, as you point out in your OP.

I know the powerful feeling that overcomes me when forgiving others: it's a burden lifted and thrown aside. And I know others that refuse to forgive: the person who wronged them lives rent free in their head continuing to beat that person up psychologically.

Active
We also need to learn to forgive ourselves
Amen. Most, if not all, of us have those reminders of our past sins pop-up here and there, and then guilt creeps in. But, because I know who my Father is and who my Lord and Savior is, I tell the devil that those sins are forgiven and remembered no more. Praise God.

Loyal
We also need to learn to forgive ourselves
How does one forgive themselves, and mustard up the strength to remove the quilt. for i know the "blood of Jesus washes the stain of sin away" because the Bible says so, and many have experience, the testimony of The Word of GOD.
The reason i am bringing that up is, that is, I have committed sins throughout my "Pilgrimage" in Christ, and by my constant confessing of my sins to others, and many told me in my earlier years, i had a problem of not forgiving myself. My testimony is "that dog will not hunt".

My clarity arrived, threw pain and suffering from such disobedience, that produce Godly sorrow, and the suffering and the guilt what fruit such sins breeds and what such harms it does to others by my omission and the commission of results. And when the lesson has been learn according to the will of GOD for me, The quilt stain is washed alway, but still remember and manifested by The Word of God, that comes forth from my mouth and the wounds on my heart and the scars upon on my Back. For the guilt works, works more in me unto the "salvation" of others. For i speak on behalf of my self and not others.

But Jesus:
(Hebrew 5)ASV

Who in the days of his flesh, having offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and having been heard for his godly fear, though he was a Son, yet learned obedience by the things which he suffered; and having been made perfect, he became unto all them that obey him the author of eternal salvation;

( 2 Cor.7)BSB

"And now I rejoice, not because you were made sorrowful, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you felt the sorrow that God had intended, and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. Consider what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what zeal, what vindication! In every way you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter".…

I have end up rejoicing in the Things that I have suffered, Someone has said: "you learn by your mistakes" then another said: 'By the time I get to Heaven, I am going to be a GENIUS":p

Active
I am sorry I fully understood your "OP". But I do understand that all " Posts" should be "Christ-centered" if It is "Theological" possible, and Its roots, is in "Christ Jesus"
I'm probably wasting my time, but how is my "OP" not "Christ-centered" or "Theological" - if of course that is what you are saying here.

Loyal
I'm probably wasting my time, but how is my "OP" not "Christ-centered" or "Theological" - if of course that is what you are saying here.
LOL, forgive me, for laughing, But i did not say or imply that your "OP" was not "Christ-centered". But i was saying my reply was "Christ-centered".
And I do understand when one just take part of a sentence out of the "context" in which it is written, there can be many avenues of "destinations', for in no way I was attacking your "Original Post" and statement. But you "Label" it in the "Discussion" Thread, meaning up for debate which is on the course of "Edifying the Saints" who are the "SONS of The LIVING GOD" and not The World. :pensive:

For the world have their own "recipe" for the "antidote" concerning "forgiveness" and GOD has HIS "Antidote" for Forgiveness! And there is a "great gulf between the Two, per se "The WORD of GOD". We cannot use the worlds recipe and nothing like it, will work. Because when the wind blow it cannot stand the Storm!

For we are commanded By Our LORD to do so. For The LORD has Not commanded the world to do so, for He is Not their LORD, But HE is OUR Father and Our LORD. And we are to "Edify" The Saints.

For in no way, Do we have to defend "
The WORD of GOD" for JESUS is THE Creator of all things that exists both "Invisible and visible". But we do "CONTEND for The Faith" for it is a joint venture.

Berean Study Bible
"Beloved, although I made every effort to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt it necessary to write and urge you to contend earnestly for the faith entrusted once for all to the saints."

PS. Churches are "individual", separate, different, different in doctrines, but The True Body of Christ is one in Faith, one IN HOPE, one in doctrine, one in baptism, has one LORD, and One in mind, and if the eye is blinded the whole body is blinded, if the foot stumble the whole body stumbles, and if one is deceived and places his hand in the fire, the whole body is a reciprocate of the pain, and finally, has the "teeth ever bit the tongue".:p

Shalom

Active
Remember that Mat 6:15 is OLD TESTAMENT, and Jesus told us to do any number of things that we COULDNT DO - illustrating the absolute NEED for a Savior, who could cleanse us from sin, since we're totally incapable if doing it ourselves.

Born Again people (of which there WERE NONE in Matthew 6) will never be perfect in their obedience, BUT their behavior will change for the better, as a result of the indwelling SPirit, and WHEN they sin, when they confess their Sin, they have an advocate with Father.

Loyal
Remember that Mat 6:15 is OLD TESTAMENT, and Jesus told us to do any number of things that we COULDNT DO - illustrating the absolute NEED for a Savior, who could cleanse us from sin, since we're totally incapable if doing it ourselves.

Born Again people (of which there WERE NONE in Matthew 6) will never be perfect in their obedience, BUT their behavior will change for the better, as a result of the indwelling SPirit, and WHEN they sin, when they confess their Sin, they have an advocate with Father.
It happens also to NT christians a lot, not forgiving others. When christians live by lots of the OT standards, and not by the will and direction of the Holy Spirit, they still fall under OT (which is what they try to adhere to mostly) results. God doesnt change. If you want to live by OT standards, then you will fall under the results of OT standards.