• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Administrator
Staff Member
When you make a decision, how do you know you are choosing to do the right thing? In this message, Dr. Stanley explains why we have trouble discerning God’s will and how sin affects our ability to walk in the path He has chosen for us. He also encourages us to discover the Lord’s will through reading the Word of God, praying faithfully, trusting our heavenly Father’s sovereignty over our circumstances, and listening to the wise counsel of others.

Sermon by: Charles Stanley

Part 1

Part 2

Related Discussion:
Hearing God's Voice

I have been praying this scripture over and over a lot in the last 6 to 9 months or so. It says it in a way that is so "right on", you might think God had a hand in writing this out for us! (of course He did ... :) )

And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. (Colossians 1:9-10 ESV)

Glad I found your site. I enjoy looking at all the different comments on a wide variety of topics. I gave my heart to Jesus while in Vietnam back in 1965. Having Him by my side He brought me through things over there that I know without Him I was a goner. I'm 100% Disabled and have PTSD, which is DIFFECULT to deal with. I left Vietnam 50 years ago but it has never left me. I spend a lot of time on Facebook reaching out to Vetrsns and Families who are fighting depression Suicide thoughts. Did you know that there are 22 Serbicemen and Vets who committ Suicide every day. Yes every day. There are more women who follow through. This is one reason I don't think women belong in extreme Combat. I volunteer at the local Prison as a volunteer in Prison Ministry.
Jesus has done so much for me in my life. If not for Him I wouldn't be here today. I refer to this verse in the Bible. "do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on, is not life more than food and body more than clothing?" MATTHEW 6:25.
My favorite verse is MATTHEW 25:40 "I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to the least of theses My brethren, you did it to Me".

Glad I found your site. I enjoy looking at all the different comments on a wide variety of topics. I gave my heart to Jesus while in Vietnam back in 1965. Having Him by my side He brought me through things over there that I know without Him I was a goner. I'm 100% Disabled and have PTSD, which is DIFFECULT to deal with. I left Vietnam 50 years ago but it has never left me. I spend a lot of time on Facebook reaching out to Vetrsns and Families who are fighting depression Suicide thoughts. Did you know that there are 22 Serbicemen and Vets who committ Suicide every day. Yes every day. There are more women who follow through. This is one reason I don't think women belong in extreme Combat. I volunteer at the local Prison as a volunteer in Prison Ministry.
Jesus has done so much for me in my life. If not for Him I wouldn't be here today. I refer to this verse in the Bible. "do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on, is not life more than food and body more than clothing?" MATTHEW 6:25.
My favorite verse is MATTHEW 25:40 "I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to the least of theses My brethren, you did it to Me".

Hi and welcome! Good testimony and sharing, always glad to hear from those who love Him ...

Thank you for posting this thread.

I have been thinking deeply recently about God's will and these audio sermon's provide deep and concrete answers.

I just got this in my email today and it sure came at the right time,Thank you Chad and God bless:D