Figure of speech/colloquialism?

While I do not have my research readily at hand, Jesus was indeed three days and three nights in the grave. Rather than being an idiom, the confusion lay in the Jewish cultural view that the day starts at sundown. Count them. You'll find three days and three nights. But when the church grew to consist mostly of Gentiles, confusion arose since the Roman day started at sunrise, in the perception of most people - just like us today. Jesus' crucifixion was actually on our Thursday during the daylight, since the day of preparation starts at Thursday sundown until the Sabbath starts on our Friday, sundown. The body was taken down before the "preparation."

Rhema

My apologies to @rstrats for slightly veering off OP.
Hi Rhema,

What I said in my post does not disagree with that.

:)
 
You've already been presented with examples which you're not satisfied with.
And as I've told you several times, with the possible exception of one, none of those submitted as examples have been.

You say I'm obsessed with this topic and yet you have posted over 60 posts when the topic doesn't even apply to you.
 
Have you noticed that no one new has looked at this thread?!
I get notifications when new comments are made on the forum. Which is how I new you are here Now.
You are still waiting for someone to give you the Right answer that you are looking for. It probably doesn't exist. And it appears that no one else is concerned about colloquialism. Not of any theological importance..
 
Back
Top