• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Father's love letter

I liked reading the Father's love letter. How can God be my father? Is that the same as being saved?

I want God to love me. Is that possible or is it too late?

Staff Member
Dear sister

God is love and He sent His one and only Son to die for you to give you everlasting life. In order to be saved you need to pray a simple prayer to accept Jesus into your heart.

There are a lot of helpful posts regarding getting saved.

God loves you and wants you to spend eternity in heaven with Him. Make the decision today to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and savior. Here's how simple it is.

1. Come to Him just as you are (don't wait until you feel "good enough")
2. Admit your need (I am a sinner)
3. Be willing to turn from your sins (repent)
4. Believe in your heart and mind that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died on the cross for you and was raised back to life (accept Him as the only way to God)
5. Talk to Jesus and invite Him to come into your heart and life and save you from your sins (receive Him as personal savior)

Here's what to pray:
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am sinful and in need of Your forgiveness. I repent of my sinful lifestyle and I want to turn from it and follow You. I believe that You died to pay the penalty for my sins and that You rose from the grave. I invite You to come into my heart and become my Lord and Savior. I ask this in Your name. Amen."

You can read more here: http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/7749-meet-jesus.html

He loves you and is waiting for you to accept Him.

I hope this will help you sister. I look forward to hearing that you have become a born again Christian.

If you can visit live chat today I hope to be able to talk to you there. Feel free to contact me if you need any more help.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

I have experienced rejection all of my life and I am frightened that God has already rejected me.
You say that God loves me. How can he love me when I am so unloveable? I certainly do not feel good enough for God to love me.
I have read a lot of the posts and they make it sound so 'easy' and yet how can it be so easy when I am so bad?

Staff Member
It is true sister Jesus loves you. You may think you are unloveable but He knows you. He knows everything. He loved you before you born. While we were still sinners, He died for us.
Romans 5.
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

There have been a lot of people who did really bad things before they accepted Jesus. He knocks at the door of your heart. He is waiting to come in.

2Corinthians 5.17

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

You see, when you invite Jesus into your life you confess your sins and He forgives and forgets. His mercies are new every day.

You become a new creation.

I pray that your spiritual eyes and ears will be open to see and hear the truth that Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no-one comes to the Father except through the Son. John.14.6

John3.16

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Maybe we could talk in the live chatroom.

If you were the only person on earth Jesus would still have died for you.

He suffered and took all our punishment

Isaiah 53.3

He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression [a] and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes [c] his life a guilt offering,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

I need Jesus to help me each day.

Psalm 139 is a good one to read. It tells you how He knit you together in your mother's womb. It talks about how He knows so much about you.

I'm sorry but I feel so hopeless that I don't know what to do.

Does God love me so much that 'if you were the only person on earth Jesus would still have died for you'?

I'm not worth that.

Staff Member
I am sorry you feel that way. God loves you so very much that He sent His one and only Son to die an awful death so you could have everlasting life.
You are worth it. He says so.

You may not believe it but He does.

I know I live by faith and not by sight.

Sadeyes, one of the most awesome things about the Bible is that it is God speaking to the corporate church and to each of us individually. Here are two New Testament scripture citations that are powerful testimonies of God's love for you individually:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but shall have eternal life" (Jn 3:16)

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are numbered. So, don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Mt 10:29-30)

I suffered rejection in my life when I was young, rejection from my peers. And it hurt a lot; it was very painful. I used to honestly believe that if I died before my wife, she'd have to hire pallbearers to carry my body out of the funeral parlor. I sincerely doubted that six men could be found who cared enough about me to take part in my funeral.

But, God came into my life in a powerful way in 1983 and things began to change for the better. I've had lots of struggles since then, but the Lord has put a bunch of truly good Christian friends in my life. They are Jesus' hands and feet for me; they love me unconditionally (and I them).

We baptize adults in my church. Last night we had a baptismal service and one of the men, when our pastor put the microphone in front of him , broke into tears to the point where he couldn't speak. I know how he felt. Its an awesome thing when you truly feel God's love.

SLE

Thank you for your replies and for the time it has taken for you to write them.

I still don't know what to do, but I agree that it must be awesome to know God's love.

I really do not feel as though I have any worth anymore and it is hard to accept that God loves me when I dislike myself so much.

I feel very confused by everything.

Staff Member
I understand that one sister as I had a low self esteem years ago and did not feel worthy.

It took me years to know that I know that Jesus loves me deep in my heart. It was head knowledge only.

We are not worthy but through Jesus we are worthy.

Luke 7.
The Faith of the Centurion
1 When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 There a centurion's servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, "This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue." 6 So Jesus went with them.
He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

He loves you with an everlasting love.

He offers us salvation and it is free we do not earn it.

Ephesians.2.
Made Alive in Christ
1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

God bless you :love: :rainbow: :rose:

:love: God loves you dearly.

Nothing can separate you from His love :love: even your own opinion of yourself. He loves you. YOU :love:

By grace you are perfected. Jesus paid the price for our imperfection.
That's how desperately God is in love with you. He did this so that He could be reunited with us .. you!

Jesus is the Way Truth and Life. As you pray to God recognise His loving sacrifice for you. Talk to God. He's waiting, ask for forgiveness and pray that the holy spirit will guide you to His loving arms so you can be in communion with God. Talking, Thanking and giving your all to God. You are so precious and valuable to Him. He is bursting to listen and shower your soul with love, acceptance and forgiveness for all, always.

God Bless you beautiful eyes :love:

Lord,

Thank you for holding Sadeyes into your strong, protective hands.

Love in Christ :love:

Last edited:
Thank you once again for such kind replies.

You do make it sound so wonderful - God loving me - AWESOME!

I still feel very scared of God rejecting me though.

This is so hard ...

Staff Member
God does not reject us. He never leaves us or forsakes us. Hebrews.13.5.

God accepts us as we are. We will never be ready.

He is waiting with open arms for you to come and invite Him into your heart dear one.

He chose you. Yes you.

Ephesians 1.
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8 that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9 And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will

He is an awesome Father.

We love Him because He first loved us.

I want to be loved by God before I die.

I REALLY like the idea of him "waiting with open arms for you (me) to come".

- That is true love and acceptance.

I'm excited at the thought of that, but at the same time I'm still very scared that I am not good enough for God and that he will reject me.

You say he won't reject me, but how do I know that that is true?

I feel very confused as to what I should do.

My mum felt a little like she was going somewhere bad weeks before she left this earth. Our vicar told her to talk to God, thank everyone who she had shared joy with in her life and she confessed all that was making her feel bad about herself. They talked for quite some time and she oozed peace in those last hours. She needed a person to guide her to see God's loving forgiveness, assurance and acceptance.

Talk to God. Go for it and then talk and talk and talk :love:

God is Love

Last edited:
I have prayed this prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am sinful and in need of Your forgiveness. I repent of my sinful lifestyle and I want to turn from it and follow You. I believe that You died to pay the penalty for my sins and that You rose from the grave. I invite You to come into my heart and become my Lord and Savior. I ask this in Your name. Amen."

What do I do now?

Do I just talk to God like Sleepy said?

Do I need to say everything that is making me feel bad about myself?

:girl_hug: God Bless :girl_hug:

ps Your feelings may well be different to my mums I just shared that because that's how she felt .... it's not a requirement.

Keep coming here for guidance and prayer.

There are many here that know much more than I. But God is holding you now, feel safe in that knowledge :love:

Hi Sadeyes,

How are you? I read your questions and the replies that followed and I want to thank God for you. You are searching for answers, and God honors that. By praying the prayer of faith, you accept and receive God' unconditional love and His grace into your life. Praise God for that step of faith, for "if you confess with your mouth the lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Roman 10: 9

You struggle about God' love for you. Well, now what you can do is get to know Him (God) by dwelling in His word. You can start with the gospel of John. Meditate His word, and ask Him to guide you and open your understanding to His truth.

Jesus said:" I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
Look at the cross, and let Jesus guide you home to the Father.

Do not try to apply the world's definition of love to God. God knows you from inside out and He still loves you, no matter what.
Read the parable of the prodigal son. Luke 15: 11-31

In Mark 9:24, the father of a sick boy asked Christ to help his unbelief. "Lord I believe; help my unbelief!"
I believe that this is your cry today (correct me if I am wrong)
God heard you, and as you step out in faith today, he will add to your faith, building it and strengthening it in Christ.

By the way, the quote from Mark may seem contradictory but it is not.
You may ask, how can one believe and not believe at the same time?

The father in the story did not know Jesus like the disciples did. He was not one of the people that followed Jesus around and listened to His teachings. He was a man that heard about the Messiah through other people's testimonies. He heard that Jesus performs great miracles. However, when he looked at his boy, the situation looked hopeless (as we so many times look at our circumstances and wonder why on earth would God give us a second glance).
He first brought the sick boy to the disciples who were not able to help. (similarly, with the wounds and deep burden in our life, we cannot look up to someone for healing. God has to do the healing. God has to do the cleansing. Our issues must be laid down at Christ feet. He is the only one that can fill the void in our lives)

As Jesus approached the man, the latter seeing the disciples failure probably told himself that at this point "if" Jesus does not cure his son, he'll understand. He must have told himself that his son was the ultimate sick.
He was wrong, for there's nothing too great nor too small for God.

As soon as the man understood that, he quickly changed his thinking. He went from: "if you can..." and "if this is not too much for you..." , to I BELIEVE.
He basically is saying:
I believe not because I know so, but because you said so.
He believed Christ at His word even though he could not understand the possibility of his request. And "help my unbelief," means: teach me to know you or open my eyes and let me see who you are

In closing,
God is merciful!
as the sisters and brothers in Christ wrote to you, and I agree with them
JESUS LOVES YOU!
God so love you that it is ridiculous!

And you know why? Because you are precious in His sight! Believe it or not (but you better believe it!) YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND!
God bless you my sister, and may HIS Mercy, His Peace and His Love abound in your life.

Last edited:
Staff Member
I am so pleased to hear that you have given your heart to Jesus and will now be with Him in heaven when you leave this earth.

I have been praying for you that you would be able to make that decision to ask Jesus into your heart.

The angels rejoice when a sinner comes to Jesus. The enemy has lost another soul, he is the father of all lies.

The best books of the Bible to read first are the gospels. John is recommended to new believers. The others are Matthew, Mark and Luke.

Each are written by different people so will be similar stories because John tells as he experienced his time with God.

There is something important that we as Christians need to do every day.

We need to do what Ephesians 6.10 tells us.

The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

I came here this morning to see if there were any more mesages from you and was so excited to find the one I was looking for here.

If you need any help let us know. We are here to help you dear sister.

Read the Bible and faith will come. It comes by hearing the Word of God. Romans 10.17.

You can listen to the Bible online too.

You are the apple of His eye.

Thank you Jesus for this sister's new life in You. Help her roots to go down deep in You. May she grow in her walk with You and know how much You really do love her. Surround her with Your love and Your peace that passes all understanding I pray. May she blossom and flourish in this new life. Thank you that You use this site to bring people to Yourself. Bring the right people into her life to help her in her walk as a born again Christian and to find the place that teaches Your Word and is alive with the Holy Spirit I pray in Jesus' name amen.

The joy of the Lord is our strength. Nehemiah 8.10.

By the way, you can share everything with Jesus, He is always ready to hear and tell Him your fears and anything that bothers you. Prayer is like a telephone line just like talking to a friend but He is never engaged. Give it all to Jesus. He will take care of you.
May God richly bless you dear sister. :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies. You seem to be so pleased for me and yet I just feel so confused by everything. There seems to be so much to 'take on board' and I just feel too ill to do that.

Sorry